• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotel Hell |OT| Because 3 Ramsay shows wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
upfronts_2012_hotelhell.jpg

FOX Monday/Tuesday at 8/7C!

After more than a decade of running restaurants in some of the world's top hotels, Gordon Ramsay knows firsthand the crucial importance of surpassing guests' highest expectations. In HOTEL HELL, Ramsay will travel to San Diego, CA; Coeur D'Alene, ID; Cambridge, NY; Milford, PA; and Windsor, VT, to fix horrid hotels, awful inns and just plain bad bed and breakfasts.

To come to grips with the problems, Ramsay will endure hotels at their worst - from filthy bedrooms and mold-ridden bathrooms to dreadful room service and incompetent staff - all so unsuspecting guests don't have to. After he has uncovered the issues, Ramsay will put the hotel owners and employees to work as he attempts to turn around these failing establishments. With reputations on the line, one thing is certain: if they can't meet Ramsay's high standards, they will never check out of HOTEL HELL.

Parch

I've never seen a Ramsay show before so this was an eye opener for me. He pulls no punches and this first place is run by complete idiots. You want him to scream at these snob owners for being completely incompetent. I'll watch again.

Vermont has been in the news seemingly a million times in the last year, and now Ramsay is making Vermont look even worse.

As a Vermonter, it's finally nice to get some recognition in terms of how bad Vermont is!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Damn, this started already? Kitchen Nightmares UK is still my favourite reality show, so anything similar is good enough for me.

Koomaster

This guy is a real piece of shit.
Seriously. Didn't think it would get much worse, but he's taking the staff's tips. And it sounds like he straight up stole the money his friends had given him on behalf of the staff as tips. I mean, wow. So low.

Koomaster

This show has a lot of value-add. This guy is part hoarder and now all his dreams of his valuable collection are coming crashing down.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I ran a 200 room hotel for almost 3 years, its almost identical to running a restaurant as far as customer service skills and work habits go. I can't believe you just said that

Yeah I mean there are a lot of college programs in "Hotel and Restaurant Management."

Gaborn

I'd laugh if it wasn't so depressing for the staff. That was supposed to be for the staff's pay

Seriously, I don't think this one is fixable. I mean, holy wow. Even if they sell the trailer... I mean, geez. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and run.

Koomaster

Oh wow so its all fake to boot, jesus this dude takes epic fail to new levels
That lady's line "This is less a collection, and more of an accumulation." was pretty great, like a knife into his heart. She said even if his stuff was real, there is a condition problem... probably because storing antiques in a basement or outside in storage units might not be the best way to preserve them.

This guy man, this guy.

markatisu

Normally I feel for the people Gordon tries to help and want them to succeed

Right now I want the staff to get paid and these 2 to go down in flames hard

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I missed it, how did last nights episode end? Did Ramsay at one point kick out all the guests and close the place until it was fixed then miraculously the place turns itself around?

I missed it, how did last nights episode end? Did Ramsay at one point kick out all the guests and close the place until it was fixed then miraculously the place turns itself around?
not really. He found out huge pile of shit that has been going sky high (dumb collectables, staff being treated like trash, etc...), flipped his lid and then it ended. This is part 2 of that episode.

Jafku

You know what? At the end of this, I'm not going to feel sorry for this guy. He acted like an all-around jackass because he thought he could fall back onto his collectables and when that dream died, he realized "oh shit I'm in serious trouble"!

The only good shows of his are the UK kitchen knightmares and The F Word. Master Chef is ok. Hell's Kitchen has horrible contestants. The US kitchen Knightmares is horrible compared to the UK version. This show is pretty bad because there are no redeeming qualities from this place. It needs new owners.

Parch

How did they find these guys? Perhaps there's some creative editing to help make them look bad, but these tools are a real piece of work.

Hilarious show. Good job making me hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom