• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 2 |OT| Returns Tuesdays at 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Vr46h.png

Look at that motherfucker! He has an axe!

Season 2 Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raUYi-jnZlA

Synopsis and Season 1 catchup

Spoilers!

"Grimm" is a drama series inspired by the classic Grimm Brothers' Fairy Tales. After Portland Homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, "Turn the Beat Around") discovers he's descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as "Grimms," he increasingly finds his responsibilities as a detective at odds with his new responsibilities as a "Grimm."

His attempts to shield his fiancée, Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch, "The Artist"), and his partner, Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby, "Lincoln Heights"), from the hazards of his new life have reached a crisis, leaving Juliette in a mysterious coma and Hank on the verge of a mental breakdown.

With help from his confidants, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner, "The Ugly Truth") - both reformed Grimm creatures, Nick must help those closest to him while still facing off against all manner of ancient evils, including royal lines dating back to the original profilers themselves, the Grimm Brothers. As Nick develops his ability to harness his inner Grimm, he begins to question what he once knew, never more so than when he is reunited with his mother (guest star Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, "Scarface"), also a Grimm, whom he thought dead for the past 20 years. Reggie Lee ("The Dark Knight Rises") and Sasha Roiz ("Caprica") also star as Sgt. Wu and Captain Renard, respectively.

Bonus Comic Book Style Promo

HeySeuss

Hopefully it doesn't change time slots...lol

But I'm on board! Also you should add the season 2 preview link posted in the last thread.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Added. Thanks.

Yeah this show is going to have some stiff competition with Castle and Hawaii 5-0 in the same time slot.

EEEE!!! I'm so excited! Monroe was one of my favorite characters last year out of all the shows I watch, so I'm super looking forward to seeing him again. And Rosalee! They're both great :)

Grimm-MonroeRosalee-thumb-480x295-97936.jpg

FREAKING ADORABLE

Violater

Do not like the new intro, I loved that is was simple and went right into the action.
But I guess they are trying to get new viewers to understand what they are watching.

etiolate

Banned
The human pals were far less interesting than the vessen (or vatever) pals. Wonder if we shall see a post-coma character change for the chemistry barren Juliet.

jrDev

Do not like the new intro, I loved that is was simple and went right into the action.
But I guess they are trying to get new viewers to understand what they are watching.

Decent premiere, hated the "To Be Continued" at the end.

Pollux

This show really needs more love. Premiere seems to be continuing the upward trend from the end of last season.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So wait, season 1 ended up being good? Because the first few episodes were pretty boring. I'm willing to give it another try if it picks up, though.

So wait, season 1 ended up being good? Because the first few episodes were pretty boring. I'm willing to give it another try if it picks up, though.

Grimm is a slow burn.

It sets up all the stereotypical monster show staples just to tear them the fuck down.

ollin

Wow, the first episode moves the pace of the series greatly.

Glad to see Juliette is losing some of her memory. I just don't think she needs to know he's a Grimm. Just gives me bad Chuck memories.

Ah! The first ep was so good! I'm glad to see it getting a little more attention :)

There were quite a few rainy scenes, and it made me wonder if they've been filming this summer at all since it's been so sunny and warm!

That intro sucks though, lol

sleepykyo

It is still a pretty mediocre show, but it does pick a little as they flesh out the world and establish the various factions.

Are you serious?

It's not that hard to be better than Supernatural.

I remember when Supernatural was the smartest show on the CW. Then they had more than five episodes.

Uuuuh. The first five episodes are not really indicative of how awesome Supernatural is. Now, if you said "five seasons" then it would be different. And as much of a downgrade seasons 6 and 7 were, there were still some fantastic episodes mixed in there. Just nowhere as consistent.

Wiktor

It's extremely hard. Supernatural is the pinnacle of it's genre. Nothing else comes even remotely close.

Still love Grimm though and I'm really enjoying just how enourmously this show has improved.

dot

It's extremely hard. Supernatural is the pinnacle of it's genre. Nothing else comes even remotely close.

Still love Grimm though and I'm really enjoying just how enourmously this show has improved.

Gotta agree with this. Supernatural is excellent. And I still happen to like Grimm a great deal. Just because both shows feature monsters/demons/freak of the week enemies doesn't mean you should compare the two.

I actually think both shows compliment one another quite well actually, meaning if you like one you'll probably like the other....but i guess it isn't the case here for some people. lol

I like the new opening and that new monster with sabertooth teeth is terrifying.

Concept17

Yup. First 5 or so episodes weren't so great, but the show improved tenfold throughout the first season. I love it now.

DJ_Lae

Not a bad episode - glad to see Bree Turner is going to be hanging around for a while (I hope) although the new intro is pretty awful.

All of the first three seasons, then on and off since then. It's become a Curiosity Watch. It's not like I'm going to be so vehement about it without knowing what I'm talking about.

Well, after the post about "then they had more than five episodes" made it come across like you only watched that much. Sorry you did not enjoy the show as many others have.

Are you serious?

I remember when Supernatural was the smartest show on the CW. Then they had more than five episodes.

Yes, I'm serious. Your jaded opinion on Supernatural appears to be in the minority, as does my jaded opinion on Grimm.

Oh well.

ivysaur12

Banned
All of the first three seasons, then on and off since then. It's become a Curiosity Watch. It's not like I'm going to be so vehement about it without knowing what I'm talking about.

To be fair to Supernatural, the fourth and especially the fifth seasons were pretty great, pulpy TV.

But no, great TV it is not. And then it descends into utter horse shit.

Wiktor

Oh AdrianWerner. Such a smart lad saying such a fucking dumb thing.

Why? it owns the hell out of Buffy and Angel. And Brimestone was canceled after half of S1, so it never had a chance to develop properly.
I honestly can't think of any "monster hunting" show that would be able to match Supernatural's first five years.

To be fair to Supernatural, the fourth and especially the fifth seasons were pretty great, pulpy TV.

But no, great TV it is not. And then it descends into utter horse shit.

I do enjoy the fact that the CW had the balls to let Kripke actually do a literally heaven and hell.

But Kripke didn't have the balls to make Cthulhu the king of Purgatory.

Why? it owns the hell out of Buffy and Angel. And Brimestone was canceled after half of S1, so it never had a chance to develop properly.
I honestly can't think of any "monster hunting" show that would be able to match Supernatural's first five years.

Wait.

Are you saying it's a good show just because it's the best we've got currently?

Please don't be saying "White Collar is the Best Show on TV... because there's nothing else that is better".

Wiktor

Are you saying it's a good show just because it's the best we've got currently?

You're quoted the part when I proclamed it was the best of it's genre, so I assumed that's what you were disagreeing with.

And I like it because it's a great show. it has the best mix of standalone eps and arc ones I've seen, it pulls off both drama and humor extremely well and has some of the most relatable characters I've seen in action series, to the point where I genuinely care for what they do.
Not to mention that for the first 5 years it had some of the very best writting I've seen on TV.

Maybe you just don't like this particular tv genre itself, not the actual show.

Maybe you just don't like this particular tv genre itself, not the actual show.

I'm a cultural myth buff. I live for monsters, for Halloween. Don't write me off just because I don't like one show in the genre.

I mean, I'm in the fucking Grimm thread. As Gob Bluth would say: come on.

HeySeuss

Just caught Mondays episode. It was nice to get confirmation that the Captain is some kind of creature. He must be something special considering the amount of restraint he has having never changed to expose himself to Nick. He looked like a zombie or demon or something. Can't wait until we get to see him completely.

dot

Aye, i guess that means royalty are some sort of beast too. He was kinda scaly(?) so it's probably some kind of reptilian or like you said a demon creature. Looks like next episode Hank is finally gonna learn the truth!

Wiktor

Jesus Christ, that captain's real form was so creppy :) Great ep, love how the mythology is expanding.

Fuck yeah. My wife and I just marathoned the first season on hulu plus. Great fun. This season is kicking it up quite a bit. Now that hank knows, i can just see them rolling through portland with a grimm mobile all tricked out with hidden axes and shit.

Hmm, I might have to give it another shot with impressions like these. Stopped somewhere around episode 10 or something because there was such little character developement. But I did glimpse a few scenes recently around the HundJäger arc I think, and it didnt look like it had improved much.

dot

Now that hank knows, i can just see them rolling through portland with a grimm mobile all tricked out with hidden axes and shit.

lol that'd be awesome.

Decent episode. Some character development for Hank, i'm glad he finally knows the secret.

Next week's episode is about Monroemance? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom