• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NBC Show: Revolution - Lost meets Jericho - From Eric Kripke and JJ Abrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI&hd=1 <--- 4 minute upfront preview, yes it contains spoilers

Synopsis said:
Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why?

Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down, the lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it?

Why should you watch this:

Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Cowboys & Aliens) is directing the pilot

It's from the mind of Eric Kripke the showrunner on Supernatural

It's another Bad Robot show, which means JJ Abrams is producing.

Last reason: Giancarlo Esposito

giancarlo-esposito.jpg

Why shouldn't you watch this:
  • It's a network TV show
  • It will probably be cancelled

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'll just re post what I said in the other thread:

Looks pretty damn awesome. Looks like it has a huge budget (which reminds me of Terra Nova in that respect, although it doesn't look like they raided the local Ikea store for set ideas); environments remind me of Enslaved (which is one of the only good things about that game) meets the Hunger Games. Cool logo too.

I did get some Event and Flashforward vibes though...

But Lost? It doesn't look anything like Lost...

Dany

Banned
Shepard-Commander! We fight for the loss.

ha, cubs ain't winning in 2012 :p Glad to see Chicago all fucked up and ivy'ed.

Solo

Seems like one of those shows that is going to suffer mightily from the reduced budget going from the pilot to series.

aparisi2274

reminded me of the upcoming Naughty Dog game "The Last of Us"

I love the concept of the show, and it looks really promising, especially for Network, but since its NBC, I am sure it will be canceled after the 3rd episode.

rozay

Banned
expected to see shepard appear yelling "WE WILL FIGHT FOR THE LOST", left disappointed.

still, looks interesting. I hope it doesn't end up like flashforward

xbhaskarx

I am a sucker for post apocalyptic stuff so I will give this a shot... It doesn't look too promising based on that video, though.

Goldrusher

Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working?
Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages.
Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible.
And without any modern technology, who can tell us why?
No one can, because everyone dropped dead.
Our bodies use electricity too.

Anyway, looks like another "family drama in a fancy setting".

survivor

Banned
Trailer made me hyped for the show but I know somewhere down the road it will either end up sucking or get cancelled.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wait, and thats it? Huh...

Zoe asked if Bad Robot has had anything go past one season since Fringe. Since Fringe, they've done three series not counting Revolution:

Undercovers
Person of Interest
Alcatraz

and two of those were cancelled. Person of Interest is the only one to be renewed since Fringe. (there was also a pilot called Anatomy of Hope, but it wasn't picked up to series)

Dany

Banned
Zoe asked if Bad Robot has had anything go past one season since Fringe. Since Fringe, they've done three series not counting Revolution:

Undercovers
Person of Interest
Alcatraz

and two of those were cancelled. Person of Interest is the only one to be renewed since Fringe. (there was also a pilot called Anatomy of Hope, but it wasn't picked up to series)

Huh, I was under the assumption they have done more tv.

Looked pretty goofy to me. However since I've got a weak spot for post-apocalyptic stuff I'll probably give it a shot.

Giancarlo Esposito is also a pretty good reason.

KevinCow

Banned
Okay, show. Yes. You have me for at least the pilot.

I laughed at the plane literally falling out of the sky, though.

gdt

"Lost meets (X)" is a huuuuge turnoff for me.

I miss you so much Lost :(

I'll take a wait and see approach with this.

Retrocide

Interesting premise, although I have to wonder if people would still live in major cities like Chicago, I'd imagine most of the population of those cities would be dead in a matter of months due to a lack of resources.

Jesus Christ this show needs better makeup artists. It's fucking embarrassing.

This show looks like someone saw Hunger Games and immediatedly got to work on a pilot.

Snake

Pluses:
  • Mustache Dad from Twilight
  • Likely won't have music as bad as Jericho's

Minuses:
  • (From the video at least) it seems that it has a fairly small central cast, and few that are notable. Giancarlo Esposito won't carry this.
  • Why no guns? Did I miss an explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom