• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old, but we had a thread on "Good Christian Bitches". This is another show ABC is looking at.

ABC is set to pick up a new comedy pilot with a title that could make waves like $#*! My Dad Says if it makes it to primetime intact.

20th Century Fox TV has sold a project titled Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, which earns points for being funny and memorable, if not exactly G-rated. Tough to see ABC not brainstorming something softer (then again, the network does have Cougar Town).

The story is about a naive young woman who comes to New York City and ends up with a trouble-making party-girl roommate.

Jason Winer, who directed the pilot for Modern Family, is set to direct this comedy. The American Dad team of Nahnatchka Khan and David Hemingson will write and produce.

PTC is mad.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The story is about a naive young woman who comes to New York City and ends up with a trouble-making party-girl roommate.

Wow, where did they come up with that idea? Brilliance!

I predict all sorts of wacky hijinks!

Change the party roommate to a robot with a knack for causing problems, and I'd tune in.

"The story is about a naive young woman who comes to New York City and ends up with a trouble-making party-girl roommate."

glad to see they are being original

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
SolKane said:
Like we really need more infiltration of the word "bitch" into our vocabularies. SMH.
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Baby Milo

i watched the first two episodes on Hulu

surprisingly funny

edit:whoa thought this was a new thread since the show just started

saunderez

"The story is about a naive young woman who comes to New York City and ends up with a trouble-making party-girl roommate."

glad to see they are being original

Funnily enough that description makes it sound far worse than it actually is. It's surprisingly original and dare I say even clever at times.

EDIT: Lol necro-reply.

ivysaur12

Banned
I love the cast. I love the idea.

But what a weird, off-putting show. The pilot is meh (as most comedy pilots are) but the second ep - which is on Hulu - is downright bizzarre and surprisingly laugh-free. I hope it succeeds (and it should, post Modern), but I don't really see the show that critics seem to be describing.

It's actually a lot more "edgy" than I anticipated. I'm surprised that it got the post MF slot as it really seems to be made for a much more adult audience.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Krysten Ritter is amazing and JVB was quite enjoyable. I'll keep watching.

Sloane

Banned
I've only seen the pilot so far but I thought it was at least kinda amusing. Like a better version of 2 Broke Girls.

shira

TheeBlog_Room23_Clooney.jpg

Slime

Banned
Bummed that it's getting so much hate everywhere. One of the few new shows I've laughed insanely hard at consistently, but I have seen all seven episodes, so maybe it just takes a while to grown on some people.

Might also be my bias for Dreama's career being awesome and my being a fan of Krysten's since Gilmore Girls, but I still thought it was great right from the pilot and really think it has legs. Hope people will give it another chance.

I liked the first episode. I'm not sure about James Van Der Beek playing James Van Der Beek - I usually dislike it when celebrities play alternate versions of themselves in series, but I'll give it a go.

anaron

Bummed that it's getting so much hate everywhere. One of the few new shows I've laughed insanely hard at consistently, but I have seen all seven episodes, so maybe it just takes a while to grown on some people.

Might also be my bias for Dreama's career being awesome and my being a fan of Krysten's since Gilmore Girls, but I still thought it was great right from the pilot and really think it has legs. Hope people will give it another chance.

It's holding a 71 on metacritic so I'm not sure it's as disliked as you think it is.

Weird as fuck show and assuredly, one I will keep watching. Ritter is awesome in this.

Lombaszko

Watched the first episode last night, the first two are available for free on iTunes (in HD too). I thought it was funny but I didn't expect it to be so slap-sticky. It's pretty crazy, but in a good way.
They get a little kid drunk!
I'll probably give it another couple episodes.

Flatline

Banned
I was just about to make a thread about it. I loved the show, I will definitely watch it every week.

Have the ratings been released yet, I really want this show to succeed.

My girlfriend and I watched both episodes last night since she's a childhood friend of Dreama (the blonde one) and we actually really enjoyed it. We both went in fully expecting it to be pretty meh or terrible because of the promos but it was actually really funny. I didn't expect it to be as quirky as it was
I was pretty much in after the mortgage company chaos scene
. Definitely going to keep up with it.

Tucah

you speak so well
I watched it last night because, well, I needed something to watch between Modern Family and South Park.

And I really enjoyed it. It's not amazing, but there were some pretty funny moments and the main characters are all likable enough in their own ways. I'll stick with it for at least these 7 episodes.

h1nch

I think Krysten Ritter is cute as hell so I'd be willing to give this one a shot.

One thing though: Does it use a laugh track? If so I'm out. I find the use of a laugh track to be archaic and detrimental to a show.

BluWacky

I think Krysten Ritter is cute as hell so I'd be willing to give this one a shot.

One thing though: Does it use a laugh track? If so I'm out. I find the use of a laugh track to be archaic and detrimental to a show.

No laugh track.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Nope. Laugh-track free.
I really enjoyed it myself and I'm looking forward to more episodes.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Wasn't expecting to like the pilot as much as I did. The cast is somewhat likable, the writing is kinda clever, and the tone is already pretty confident.

I guess I'm on board, but cautious in my enthusiasm. I could easily see these characters becoming irritating after a while. There's a delicate balance at work, just hope they can keep it up.

Recon

Banned
I thought it was average. Dawson was the best part of the two episodes I watched though.

But what a weird, off-putting show. The pilot is meh (as most comedy pilots are) but the second ep - which is on Hulu - is downright bizzarre and surprisingly laugh-free. I hope it succeeds (and it should, post Modern), but I don't really see the show that critics seem to be describing.

I stopped watching midway through the second episode..So yeah, I agree it was pretty laugh free.

I already raved about it in the TV Cancellation thread, but I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I can see why the second one will be incredibly off-putting to a lot of people, but for an ABC comedy to go there in its second episode is remarkable, and I thought it was really, really funny.

i enjoyed the pilot more than i thought i would. wiki says only 7 episodes for the season; is there a chance for a longer season?

It's better than BFF.

Then again, BFF hasn't really set the bar that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom