• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim -- The most extreme medical parody show ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this show is just fucking hilarious. It's on Sundays on Adult Swim, but its first ten episodes are all on the web on TheWB.

"Your vagina is like an open-face Reuben." :lol :lol

Chris R

Love it, but having only really caught on in the past few weeks I need to go back and watch it all.

The little commercial bits in the middle of the episode are great too :lol I'd watch NTSF:SD:SUV

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
^ It was taken off the web so that Adult Swim could broadcast it.

Yeah, this is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of season 2 with the longer running time, which works a lot better. Not sure when it'll air, but Adult Swim's website was showing one ep as a preview a while back and it was hysterical. Ernie Hudson was a guest star.

I keep rewatching them on my DVR, especially the scene with the doctor asking the Chief about her ailments. When he goes "are you sitting down?' Mullally does the most brilliant turn and look. I'd make a great GIF.

the quotes in the NTSF:SD:SUV:: commercials are great

"Am I a white knight, or a black checker... or am I a Jenga... ?" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
This show has every single funny person who has ever lived in it.

Hyperbole, but that's one hell of a cast. I love it.

(It's even got the 'I wanna dip my balls in it' guy from the State!)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Preview for next week looks hilarious with an extreme riff on medical dramas' penchant for unleashing killers in their hospitals.

"G-G-G-G-G-GHOST!!!"

:lol

Also, nitpicky, OP, but there's no apostrophe. I only point it out because that's what makes it so funny.

P.S. "I GOT FUDGE IN MY VEINS!!"

I love when she's on the phone "Yes, between 18 and 35. Yes, I'm satisfied..."

she doesn't give a fuck that her retarded lover is dying :lol

Jinaar

Hola! Watched some 11minute clips on Youtube, will look out for this, super funny. (Scrubs set location... oh the memories.)

way more

I don't think I "got" the show till this season. I would watch it but my brain couldn't get over the non-rational cruel treatment of the children. Everything else was funny but those parts I stumbled over. The same thing happened to me with Strangers With Candy which quickly became my favorite once I accepted it.

I suspect the show has become more about parodies than the gag that they are bad doctors and that seems like a better premise.

And the babes. Malin Ackerman, Katt Black, and my fave, Lola Spratt.

img_cast_lolaspratt.jpg

How hot is that?

big ander

This past weeks ep had its funny factor multiplied by 100 if you've seen Friday Night Lights. Too bad there's probably an immensely small crossover of those fanbases.

Slime

Banned
I've known about this show for a while, but I'm ashamed to say that I only bothered to check it out about a week ago. But I blew through the entire series in like a day and I have to say, I honestly haven't laughed that hard in eons.

Also, what's with Ken Marino being in so many damn shows I love? Love that guy.

Can't wait for NTSF:SD:SUV.

Lead Based Paint said:
Its such a shame to hear you say that with that avatar...
I'm sorry to disappoint you! I've seen every episode and continue to watch (AS loyalty), but it just does nothing for me.

Chris R

Best "previously on..." bit I've ever seen. Also this was the best episode of the season, and so much better than last weeks crap.

I did watch the first episode before it aired, and found it to be pretty amusing/trippy in its own right. What brought it back to my attention is the upcoming Party Down crossover as more PD is always welcome in my book. Any word on when that episode hits?

The '70s Episode still the best episode this season. Though the newest one... tonight's? Hahahaha

"Baby breath. She's been eating our child."

beat

rhfb said:
Best "previously on..." bit I've ever seen. Also this was the best episode of the season, and so much better than last weeks crap.
I would say the previouslies tied with "The Coffee Machine Paid For Itself"'s previouslies: that brilliant "nothing. to. set. up. this. week." one.

As for the episode itself, I liked it, but I loved last week just as much. That one was insane. Laser Hospital? Punching Dr Maestro in the gut for anything and everything?

beat said:
I would say the previouslies tied with "The Coffee Machine Paid For Itself"'s previouslies: that brilliant "nothing. to. set. up. this. week." one.

As for the episode itself, I liked it, but I loved last week just as much. That one was insane. Laser Hospital? Punching Dr Maestro in the gut for anything and everything?
Haha I wasn't the biggest fan of the play episode. But this episode was just ridiculous.

That was definitely the best Previously On ever. Such a great, literal interpretation. But yeah, most of the Previously segments are great.

I love the show, and am trying to get my family into it (it's taken some persistence, but now they adore IASIP, AD, Party Down, etc. but I think this show might be too weird, even for them). Which episode do I show them first?

blahblah...blah said:
That was definitely the best Previously On ever. Such a great, literal interpretation. But yeah, most of the Previously segments are great.

I love the show, and am trying to get my family into it (it's taken some persistence, but now they adore IASIP, AD, Party Down, etc. but I think this show might be too weird, even for them). Which episode do I show them first?
'70s Episode. Immediately.

ZephyrFate said:
'70s Episode. Immediately.

The only reason I haven't chosen that episode (or one of my other favourites, the News Reader episode) is that they're at their funniest only when you realise how completely incongruous they are with the rest of the show, how many continuity errors there are, etc.

blahblah...blah said:
The only reason I haven't chosen that episode (or one of my other favourites, the News Reader episode) is that they're at their funniest only when you realise how completely incongruous they are with the rest of the show, how many continuity errors there are, etc.
Well that episode is the epitome of incongruity, especially with the fact that none of the doctors are sixty years old, like they should be considering they look exactly the same in the future.

beat

blahblah...blah said:
Start with the start of the second season, or if they won't be put off by Nick Kroll's man-child, the first season. I would put the gimmick episodes (behind the scenes, live episode, 70s episode, theater episode) after a few of the more straight medical show parodies.

Really enjoy this show. It's imaginative without always playing on pop-culture. AS has been pretty regular about producing hits.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh god, I just discovered this show. Just finished season 2 episode 3. Hilarious stuff.

Michael Cera's non sequiturs are hysterical:

"Ladies and gentlemen, Rocky Balboa".

Lol, wtf? There was another one that had something to do with meningitis, but I can't remember it.

I also like how no one believes anything Lola says. She has brain cancer, she's a ghost, etc. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom