• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another performance patch for FH3 is 'coming soon'

bv9RD7V.png

My twitter isn't pink, but I hope it's just as trustworthy.

I don't think they've actually said anything publicly about this, which kinda rubs me up the wrong way tbh. Raido silence is not cool when there are issues.

I really hope the big frame drops are resolved in addition to the stuttering.

Chris R

Please fix the hitching. I don't care that the game doesn't run as well as I would want at this point but the hitching down to sub 20 fps is killing me :(

Vitacat

Eh, I'm more optimistic. I think they will fix things as much as possible. Forza is an important part of the Xbox brand, and if they really want to continue this marketing merger of Xbox and Windows then they need to build confidence. A poor performing Forza game on PC doesn't do that.

Part of my optimism is watching what they've done with BC on Xbone. Games went from being noticeably worse than running on 360 to being better than on 360. It took a few months to get there, but they did.

Also... I know this is playing with fire to say... but I've been running FH3 completely maxed out ultra everything 2560x1080 on my i6700k/n1080 PC. No problems or frame drops. But of course, that's because I set it for 30fps. Yeah, I know 60fps is ideal, but this game isn't bad at 30, although don't get me wrong, I would prefer to lock it to 60 but I hate frame drops and stutters.

_woLf

Eh, I'm more optimistic. I think they will fix things as much as possible. Forza is an important part of the Xbox brand, and if they really want to continue this marketing merger of Xbox and Windows then they need to build confidence. A poor performing Forza game on PC doesn't do that.

Part of my optimism is watching what they've done with BC on Xbone. Games went from being noticeably worse than running on 360 to being better than on 360. It took a few months to get there, but they did.

Also... I know this is playing with fire to say... but I've been running FH3 completely maxed out ultra everything 2560x1080 on my i6700k/n1080 PC. No problems or frame drops. But of course, that's because I set it for 30fps. Yeah, I know 60fps is ideal, but this game isn't bad at 30, although don't get me wrong, I would prefer to lock it to 60 but I hate frame drops and stutters.

This isn't exactly a guarantee after what happened with MCC. But yeah.

The stuttering is becoming more and more of a problem for me, especially as I'm trying to grind XP with long skill combos. One small stutter and it's RIP combo.

BiggNife

Huh? FH3 has unlocked framerate on PC.

Yeah but it's almost impossible to play the game at 60fps without massive and constant framerate drops, even if you have a 1070 or 1080. I'm playing at 30fps on my 1070 because it's the only way I can play the game with acceptable performance, which REALLY shouldn't be the case.

Fitts

I'm not gonna hold my breath but some sort of acknowledgement is good I guess. Absolutely unacceptable to release the game in the state they did. It's not like the glaring performance issues were isolated to specific hardware configurations or something.

Azzawon

Yeah but it's almost impossible to play the game at 60fps without massive and constant framerate drops, even if you have a 1070 or 1080. I'm playing at 30fps on my 1070 because it's the only way I can play the game with acceptable performance, which REALLY shouldn't be the case.

Ah I see, I thought there was confusion with Mafia III! But yeah, that is quite an issue. Big contrast to the well optimised Gears 4, too.

Huh? FH3 has unlocked framerate on PC.

Their post was a response to Vitacat saying they run it at 30fps on super current hardware.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but the engine needs massive changes and I'm not sure if Turn 10 and Playground are up for that. They certainly never fixed it for Apex.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Really hoping they fix it. Would love to buy the game again once the issues are sorted out. I absolutely cannot stand micro stutter shit and random framerate drops. I don't get it in GTA V, I shouldn't have it in FH3.

I'll gladly repurchase this game if they can fix the stuttering and provide a stable 30fps. Upgraded my PC to play this game just to get disappointed; I really want to play this game!

LQX

Runs great for me and I'm seeing the same thing with many with 6700K. Regardless, I hope this fixes the issues for many as this is one of the best games ever made so I would hate to see it dismissed on PC because some cant run it properly.

Runs great for me and I'm seeing the same thing with many with 6700K. Regardless, I hope this fixes the issues for many as this is one of the best games ever made so I would hate to see it dismissed on PC because some cant run it properly.
I don't get stutters (well, they're hidden by the smoothing) or crashing but there are some races with big framedrops, which is pretty lousy.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It stutters, frame-rate tanks in certain scenarios, it crashes. If you don't have all 3, you probably have at least 1.

They even recommend a 980Ti for the optimal 30fps experience.
Does it run good enough with a 980ti, locked 30fps in 3440 x 1440?

aka_bueno

Thought this plays and performs smoothly. What's the issue?

It plays great!... at 30fps. If you don't get the super crazy input lag when it's locked to 30. The input lag is fixable by tinkering with some 3rd party software, but it shouldn't even require you to find a fix using 3rd party software.

But anyways back to my point, it runs great at a locked 30fps but if you try to play it at 60fps the game the game runs like junk in certain areas of the map or under certain races. It'll run good around 90% of the time, but the other 10% is pretty bad. Even on super hardware. When the game came out, no one could run it at 60fps consistently regardless of the specs of their PCs. It would stutter a lot, and again, certain areas and conditions would tank the framerate.

corin7

Neo Member
It plays great!... at 30fps. If you don't get the super crazy input lag when it's locked to 30. The input lag is fixable by tinkering with some 3rd party software, but it shouldn't even require you to find a fix using 3rd party software.

But anyways back to my point, it runs great at a locked 30fps but if you try to play it at 60fps the game the game runs like junk in certain areas of the map or under certain races. It'll run good around 90% of the time, but the other 10% is pretty bad. Even on super hardware. When the game came out, no one could run it at 60fps consistently regardless of the specs of their PCs. It would stutter a lot, and again, certain areas and conditions would tank the framerate.

Meh even locking it at 30 I still get hitching, a lot of hitching. Looking forward to them getting it sorted. Good news that they are still plugging away at it.

Windows 10 currently does not support HDR at all. You'll have to wait till later this year if not 2017. Although both AMD and Nvidia are already HDR ready with their recent graphics cards.

Are they acknowledging the input lag on a locked 30fps? And if so, are they working on it?

I've already accepted to play the game on 30 fps, but the input lag on that locked framerate makes this game borderline unplayable for me so far :/

aravuus

Another? They've released one already? I had no idea.

I'm one of the unlucky ones who's encountering pretty much all of the reported issues and none of the fixes have actually fixed anything, so I'm not optimistic, but I'll check the game out again when this patch is out. Otherwise all I can do is wait till I can afford upgrading my PC.

aka_bueno

Meh even locking it at 30 I still get hitching, a lot of hitching. Looking forward to them getting it sorted. Good news that they are still plugging away at it.

Really? What are your specs, just curious.

I'm on a GTX1060 and when locked to 30, it will never dip below that. At ultra settings (at 1080p) to boot.

I'm hoping after some performance patches I can get it to 60fps locked, even if I have to drop some settings to high.

Are they acknowledging the input lag on a locked 30fps? And if so, are they working on it?

I've already accepted to play the game on 30 fps, but the input lag on that locked framerate makes this game borderline unplayable for me so far :/
Publicly, they've acknowledged diddly-squat. Their last patch said it fixed the stuttering issue, players said it didn't, Playground went silent.

Thought this plays and performs smoothly. What's the issue?

It stutters badly for a lot of people. You can cap the fps to 30 but then you get input lag.

It also crashes constantly for some, it would crash every 5-10 minutes for me.

The final straw for me was reinstalling Windows in an attempt to stop the crashing and being unable to download the game again from the pos store.

Refunded it after that.

corin7

Neo Member
Really? What are your specs, just curious.

I'm on a GTX1060 and when locked to 30, it will never dip below that. At ultra settings (at 1080p) to boot.

I'm hoping after some performance patches I can get it to 60fps locked, even if I have to drop some settings to high.

I5 - 6600k 3.5 GHz, 16gb of ram, ssd, and a GTX 1070 FTW Connected to a 1440p gysync monitor. Locked at 30 it stays at 30 but hitches every few seconds. If I unlock the frame rate it jumps between 8 and 90 fps randomly. Luckily I have a Xbox so that is where I am playing it for now but would love to spend some time with it maxxed out on the PC. Note both Gears and Recore run fine on ultra for me.

Top Bottom