• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Gravity Rush 2 delayed to January 19th 2017 in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
DelayStation 4.

Nice. I was hoping that would happen. It probably still won't do that well but sending it in to die against FFXV and TLG sure as hell wasn't going to help.

DKHF

Now coming out within days of KH2.8, Yakuza 0 (western release assuming the delay is global) and RE7... Which sucks for me because I will probably get all of those. Oh well better than FFXV, Yakuza 6 (Japan), TLG and the surrounding fall games it would have had coming out around it if it stuck to its date.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Hope it's true. Give it some space. Releasing TLG and GR2 so close to each other would've been hella stupid.

wapplew

tumblr_m8viunLusR1qfju0l.jpg

Clive

Whose is this twitter account and why should we believe it? Not saying it's wrong but please post more details than a tweet from an unofficial Twitter account called "@renka_schedule".

silva1991

Thanx FF15 and TLG.

You know what's the funny thing is? GR2 is likely more polished than FF15 and TLG combined with less glitches and technical issues :p yet it's the one getting delayed to next year.

Incoming "An Update about Gravity Rush 2" post on the PS blog.

Would be both good and bad news for obvious timing reason but also because everyone with tastes want to play this as soon as possible.

I dunno, but mid-january would make this game the very first instant buy of 2017. If it is released in february however, it will be drowned the same way as november because of the crazy Q1 calendar.

Makes sense given The Last Guardian's release timing but still disappointing.

So many games I was looking forward to have either been pushed back or releasing way later than expected (New Everybody's Golf). DelayStation strikes again...

No, but come now - has a delay rumour ever been false this year? I think it's safe to assume it's real.

Well, it could very well be true, but I could tweet that The Last Guardian has been cancelled and that wouldn't be accurate until I was able to prove it.

I trust that this person is someone in the know, but I would like to know where he/she is sourcing this rumour from.

Whose is this twitter account and why should we believe it? Not saying it's wrong but please post more details than a tweet from an unofficial Twitter account called "@renka_schedule".

the owner/creator of the wiki most likely heard from 2ch or have friends in the retailer or even a retailer himself, and there's a retailer meetings with sony yesterday. from what have been heard, there's a suspect of a game being delayed and the suspect is narrowed down to either gravity rush 2 or yakuza 6

Q4 is becoming such a joke for quality games these days, everything worthwhile is coming out in Feb/March/April now which sucks since there's only so much time to play everything.
Q4 seemingly is now only for one or two big games and the yearly regurgitated shooters, sports and ubisoft open world games. It's horrible. There's virtually nothing gaming related I want to get for christmas now anymore, the time of the year when I have the most free time to play games.

FelipeMGM

Expected and prob better for the game, and lets see if Sony will do some freaking marketing for it on the west now

spoilers: They wont

the owner/creator of the wiki most likely heard from 2ch or have friends in the retailer or even a retailer himself, and there's a retailer meetings with sony yesterday. from what have been heard, there's a suspect of a game being delayed and the suspect is narrowed down to either gravity rush 2 or yakuza 6

The sooner that releases the better so that the West can start the 3-4 year wait. :p

Zerojul

I'm okay with this, end of 2016 was busy as hell for me anyway. I hope it helps the game sell as much as it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom