• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

D_prOdigy

How was it obviously a CG bit? It looks nothing like the CG bits that were already in the trailer, and it looks like the other gameplay bits.

That was not my gut reaction, but I suppose one of us will end up wrong. I just hope I can keep my life together if it turns out to be me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
3D Mario won't be out in 2013.
There is NO WAY this and Sonic Lost World are releasing this close to each other.

This game has gone from "had my attention" to "inevitable purchase." Now, I just need to see a little more to make it a Day 1. What was shown has really, really impressed me though.

Mlatador

Banned
Sega loves Nintendo so much, they even copied their Super Mario Galaxy concept, haha. Man, it's... I don't know! :D

Sega & Nintendo teaming up to fight an even bigger threat, lol! Kinda cool...

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay, at long last, a new Wii U game I'm excited about that's not by Nintendo :3 Wonder how good the 3DS version will be, too. Could end up with both

BTW... Nintendo needs to add SONIC COMMUNITY to Miiverse!

RM8

Mario and Sonic competing head-to-head this year with new 3D platformers, even on the same system. Nice :)

TreIII

koopa kids, world map looks like NSMB:U, galaxy style gameplay

they're copying Mario in just about every way possible so far

Which isn't a bad thing by default, as I wish we did have more games that cited what Mario does so well. I just really wish that they had a bit more in the way of imagination when it comes to some things, execution-wise.

Especially when it comes to the Six. What's next? Eggman reveals that he has a son named "Eggman Jr.", who happens to have one-sided love for Amy?

And no, let's not bring back that one from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, please...

Guys, I'm calling it now: Yasuhara is heavily involved, this reminds me of Pac-Man Party, Jak & Daxter, and the classic Sonic games, all of which he worked on (directed and did level design IIRC), there's just something about the aesthetic that rings Yasuhara.

And the visuals and such could indicate 60fps, which if so, FUCKING GOD DAMN, we've been without 60fps Sonic for too long.

It would be nice if Yasuhara was involved, as I definitely think the level design took a hit as soon as Naka forced him out. And 60fps would be well worth it...

Darryl

Banned
what if this was literally built out of the Galaxy engine? could be even more leftover ideas from Mario Galaxy 1/2. it looks exactly like it. maybe the major 3rd game in their partnership is an evolution on what SEGA has already been building themselves with the hedgehog engine

sanic2x2oqv.gif

Seriously the more I look at it the more I want it. (really wish the video was higher quality though.)

Same.

NotLiquid

The only thing that can make me even more hyped for this game than I already am is the promise of Pinball physics returning, and not just the lazy fixed-rolling that Generations had.

Considering how the levels seem to curve, that might just be a possibility.

I actually like the art style they're going for, but if this is the Wii U version I'm a little worried about what the 3DS one will look like. :\

My optomistic side is telling me that it will look pretty similar because of the simple artstyle...
But my more negative side is telling me it will be WAY dumbed down on the 3DS. I'm fearing 3DS-versions-of-the-LEGO-games bad.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I gotta admit, this is they first time I have actually been excited for a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. Something about that trailer just screamed fun.

For a new console that's suposedly better but has proved nothing in 6 months? Yes.

Agreed. I already got sick of waiting for a proper budget Nintendo game and something like X is probably still years away, so I was hoping I'd be blown away by this game just like playing the day stages of Unleashed the first time, or heck, even Colours on the Wii actually surprised me by how good it looked considering the hardware. I thought Sonic Team would get the most out of the Wii U right now, but this looks really underwhelming. Both the graphic quality and the visual style itself are a let down. It might get better later on, but right here the Galaxy look really looks too bland. It worked in Galaxy, but not with the Green Hill patterns. At all :/

Hoping for a Generations-esque platformer after this game and the Olympics. (I know, we should be grateful if we get Sonic games that actually play well, but considering that Sonic Team usually has some stunning visuals to offer...)

Platy

Yep!

2UquO6K.png

(unless they plan on releasing it only a few months after reveal)

Eshop means just that you won't need to buy a physical copy of the game, right ?

This is going have to come with a motion sickness warning I bet. The speed at which it's running and that the camera can change at any moment is going to be a problem for some I think.

I really want to know if the grass moves when standing still.

Pretty sure this is a trailer only thing

Oh fuck me; I just had a thought.

Nintendo and Sega have said that the reason we've never seen a Mario & Sonic platformer is because they wouldn't fit together.

What if... the name Sonic: Lost World is a red herring? A codename? And the upcoming 3D Mario due to be revealed at E3... is this?

It would certainly explain the Wii U exclusivity.

It's a fucking long shot indeed, but one can hope...

A good way to find when someone doesn't know what they're talking about is when they champion the sloppily controlled and poorly designed classic sonic levels of generations over the best interpretation of 3D sonic so far.

Just because it's 2D doesn't mean it's better.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Nintendo and Sega have said that the reason we've never seen a Mario & Sonic platformer is because they wouldn't fit together.

What if... the name Sonic: Lost World is a red herring? A codename? And the upcoming 3D Mario due to be revealed at E3... is this?

It's a fucking long shot indeed, but I'm calling it here.

And here we go into crazy-land.

Rather disappointed about the lack of speed in the trailer.

The platform gameplay is interesting and I'm sure the game will still have Sonic's sense of speed. But, I'd like to have seen a segment of him going blistering fast at the very end.

It's a fucking long shot indeed, but one can hope...

What the hell are you talking about? I do not understand how you get the idea that this is a red herring now that we've actually seen footage.

I mean, but, yeah, I'd be pumped for a Mario x Sonic platforming crossover.

Top Bottom