• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
It wouldn't be a dick move if it was clear from the beggining. The issue is that they basically pulled it at the last second and effectively removed it from people who redeemed it before.

If it was clear from the get-go that no bonuses would be included then that would be perfectly fine.
Yeah basically, should have made it clear. Was going to buy the Season Pass but now I'll just spend that money on The Witcher 3 Season Pass.

MUnited83

For you.
ohboy

CIKIkc9UsAArY5X.png

Salsa

I paid like $15 knowingly and all but this is still surprisingly bad

people going "LOL TOLD YOU im so smart by not gettin this" are sorta the worst tho. arkham city was fine besides a couple specific issues and its a different dev for MK. rocksteady had trust on their side and they should've for the most part. this is just a bummer. WB seems to be really skimping lately and wanting to outsource every shit pronto

Salsa

Should have seen the writing on the wall. Might have been why they cancelled the retail versions.

whats the writing on the walls? that mkx was terrible?

we had no idea about the pc port or who was handling it, other than nvidia getting super behind it like every batman game

writing on the walls was "all other ports are fine except City if playing dx11 at launch, no reason to think different"

Sch1sm

Guess I'll wait for it to be $5 like the rest of them, then. Nuuvem was out when I wanted to buy a key for it. Sort of a blessing, I guess.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm so upset by this I even wrote a review on Steam. The last time I wrote a review for anything was for Valiant Hearts, which I loved. So congrats WB, you didn't managed to make me love a game enough to write a review about it. You managed to pissed me off enough for one.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the Witcher 3. I should write a review for that.

Sch1sm

i think writing on the wall is never preorder anything ever :p

That's just the smart thing to do. I swear, every game I've preordered in the past year has come out with issues that needed to be patched up. We're just backing unfinished, rushed stuff.

Salsa

i think writing on the wall is never preorder anything ever :p

I try not to. I got this early as a sort of mistake involving jasec and then nuuvem removed the option to buy it so I kept it

wont be able to truly play till tomorrow night tho and with this sort of outcry im guessing at least something will get fixed

Caerith

I paid like $15 knowingly and all but this is still surprisingly bad

people going "LOL TOLD YOU im so smart by not gettin this" are sorta the worst tho. arkham city was fine besides a couple specific issues and its a different dev for MK. rocksteady had trust on their side and they should've for the most part. this is just a bummer. WB seems to be really skimping lately and wanting to outsource every shit pronto

Arkham City was the game that forgot my save existed for like six months until they got around to patching it, and then they pulled all the DLC from Steam mid-sale so they could sell a GOTY edition at full price.

But you're right about people who brag about not getting something. I mean, yeah, WB has a shitty track record, but who does it help to point and laugh at the people who buy their games?

zkylon

zkylewd
That's just the smart thing to do. I swear, every game I've preordered in the past year has come out with issues that needed to be patched up. We're just backing unfinished, rushed stuff.

i don't think i've had issues like those, but my last few preorders haven't gone so well

metal gear rising: hated it
dark souls 2: preordered it and its season pass and a year later there's a goty edition with new stuff that's expensive af even if u preordered everything
hotline miami 2: hated it

pretty sure i did right in preordering witcha3 (no video card to play it on tho lol) but yeah, just better not to

I try not to. I got this early as a sort of mistake involving jasec and then nuuvem removed the option to buy it so I kept it

wont be able to truly play till tomorrow night tho and with this sort of outcry im guessing at least something will get fixed
mistakes involving saoirse are the worst

probably just try to be patient?

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BasketBelle -- MB-F85C2B6B45B7CA24 - Taken by Nabs

Anteater

The game is really broken, it has a 30fps lock.
The framerate drops on good setups and I can't get a stable 30 at least according to other people with 280x.

Why did I buy this shit.

Also if you try to disable motion blur the game crashes and if you try to validate files through steam the game deletes itself, have fun downloading 33 GB again.

that sounds horrible

guess i won't be playing the game if they don't fix it

Jawmuncher

in theory I shouldnt be mad at this point in time since I won't be able to play AK until middle of July. So it could all be fixed by then. But I remember the last time I have a pub/dev for a port the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom