• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Paasei

I still can't stand that I was not given the job I recently applied for. During the interview I did everything right and even got compliments (both during the interview and during the call I wasn't to be the one) for how prepared I was, asking good questions, being genuinely interested and honest.

Yet some other person who also applied simply got it for already being familiar with the job (in-house aplicant).

Normally I don't really care too much, it's just a job in the end. Somehow I have some issues getting over it. I guess I just fucking hate losing because of "chance/luck".

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I still can't stand that I was not given the job I recently applied for. During the interview I did everything right and even got compliments (both during the interview and during the call I wasn't to be the one) for how prepared I was, asking good questions, being genuinely interested and honest.

Yet some other person who also applied simply got it for already being familiar with the job (in-house aplicant).

Normally I don't really care too much, it's just a job in the end. Somehow I have some issues getting over it. I guess I just fucking hate losing because of "chance/luck".
Sometimes there are factors outside your control that dictate the best hire. I’ve had plenty of amazing applicants over the years that I unfortunately had to pass over for whatever reason. Don’t take it too personally and keep your eye on future opportunities.

Mitsurux

All this recent Star Wars talk has really got me thinking... what happens to a Franchise/Property when it original creator/ director etc. Steps away, the next set of people then have to decide how closely they will stick to the original creators vision/themes. We have seen this handled differently in quite a few instances. Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Ghost Busters, etc etc. It would really make a fascinating deep dive or documentary.

Lunarorbit

Celtics smacked that booty HARD tonight.

Just counted 23 players got into the game. That's gotta be a record for a game 1 in the finals

Lunarorbit

I don't watch women's basketball but I definitely world have checked out the Olympics if Caitlin clark was playing.

Looked it up after she got snubbed and Diana taursi and Britney griner made it.

Diana is 41. She's been on several teams since her uconn days. It's time to let someone else play. And Britney? Like wtf. Bitch got caught with a weed pen in russia and then acted like an asshole when called out on it. Plus she just got back from a fractured toe.

So you let that loser on the team but the most bankable star you've ever had you leave off an international tournament. How fucking stupid is USA basketball?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I don't watch women's basketball but I definitely world have checked out the Olympics if Caitlin clark was playing.

Looked it up after she got snubbed and Diana taursi and Britney griner made it.

Diana is 41. She's been on several teams since her uconn days. It's time to let someone else play. And Britney? Like wtf. Bitch got caught with a weed pen in russia and then acted like an asshole when called out on it. Plus she just got back from a fractured toe.

So you let that loser on the team but the most bankable star you've ever had you leave off an international tournament. How fucking stupid is USA basketball?

It's baffling that's for sure. I understand that she doesn't have a full season under her belt, but the Olympics are where each nation sends their best and, yes, most marketable. It's partially a commercial venture these days, it has been for decades. It's why each country petitions and campaigns so damned hard to host. They just threw away millions of viewers and tens of millions of dollars in revenue to - and I am just guessing here but I suspect I am correct - not hurt the feelings and ego of long time WNBA players.

Bug Cicada GIF by Bare Tree Media

Top Bottom