• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Grain of Salt] PC appears to be the most popular platform for Tekken 8 (53.18% PC, 39.35% PlayStation, and 7.47% Xbox)

Reddit’s ‘NotQuiteFactual‘ has collected and shared some interesting stats about Bandai Namco’s latest fighting game, Tekken 8. According to the latest stats, the PC platform is the most popular one in Tekken 8. Yep, you read that right. Tekken 8 has more PC players than PlayStation and Xbox players.

Going into more details, NotQuiteFactual gathered the data by looking at the replays list in the game and sorting by recent. This month’s report is based off of 765015 replays gathered between 2024-05-10 and 2024-05-11.
Tekken-8-stats-1.jpg

Now while these aren’t official stats, they should be able to give us a pretty good idea of the playerbase. In my opinion, the user should have gathered data for at least 3-4 days. Still, since Bandai Namco hasn’t shared any official stats, this is the closer we’ll get to them.

According to the stats, Tekken 8 has more PC players than PlayStation and Xbox players. As we can see, there are 53.18% PC players, 39.35% PlayStation players, and 7.47% Xbox players.

Not super surprising since Tekken 8 isn't on PS4.

I'd love to see Street Fighter 6 ratios.

Similarly, it was interesting that WB released Mortal Kombat 1 on the Switch but not the PS4.

I'd love to see the data on these decisions.

StereoVsn

Controller is better. But keyboard gives you that edge of anticipation, which gives you a better reaction time and execution.
Doesn’t everyone in FGC use those weird flat all button controllers now days? Snackboxes or something like that?

Last edited:

Edmund

I'm using the Razer Kitsune to play tekken 8 on the ps5. Korean back dashing and EWGF is so easy to do now. I was struggling with both on stick for years.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Also, it looks like this data only refers to online matches. I bet a lot more console users play offline. I am on PS5 and have never touched online and play only with friends and family
You have a point since there is no paywall behind playing online on PC.

I have SF6 for PC and PS4 but never touched the online mode on PS4 because I don’t have PS+.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Makes sense. The console version of tekken 7 had such awful input lag that pros were making separate tier lists for console and PC. All the streamers and pros play on PC too. It’s a great port.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
all competitive games naturally end up on PC cuz it's the platform where all the crazy new monitor tech and stuff is being developed. Even Smash Melee went from the bulky CRTs and archaic gamecubes to Dolphin and 1ms reaction time monitors. (with Slippi Online too.)

Now show us the Street Fighter 6 splits.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Thats fine - but nothing to brag about.

The biggest takeaway from this is that fighting games now have crossplay between all platforms.
This didnt even exist just a few years ago.
Really big deal - and very welcome - finally.

SSfox

Pay to play online is the most dumb console innovation ever. Microsoft invented this trash then Sony followed, GGs

Spyxos

Thats fine - but nothing to brag about.

The biggest takeaway from this is that fighting games now have crossplay between all platforms.
This didnt even exist just a few years ago.
Really big deal - and very welcome - finally.
nvm.

Last edited:

tommib

The game is ridiculously good. Getting deep into it now on PS5. Also, amazing graphics, image quality and HDR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom