• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Shtef

Gold Member
I sold my Series X, which I platinumed the game on, and just don't have time to go through loads of it again on PC, so I found a save on Nexus Mods that's set me up right in front of Miquella's egg with a 150 level character, and a similar build to what my last one was when I went into NG+. Lovely.
Do you mind sharing the save?
I finished it in xbox multiple times and i am planing to play it on pc and i dont have time or patience to level it again.

FunkMiller

Do you mind sharing the save?
I finished it in xbox multiple times and i am planing to play it on pc and i dont have time or patience to level it again.

Over at nexus Mods. There's a few you can chose from, but here's the one I went with:

https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/4259/

The only real issue is making sure you don't remove all challenge from the game by keeping too much stuff! I spent a good half an hour deleting as much stuff as possible to bring it close to where my last save was on Xbox. Having platinumed the game, I'd seen every location and beaten every boss, so this felt like the best save to go from. You'll also need Elden Ring Save Copier, which is over at GitHub: https://github.com/BenGrn/EldenRingSaveCopier/releases. Super easy to use, just have a save game of your own, and the program will overwrite it. There are other programs you can use to change the name and look of your character, but I can't be bothered with that.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Alright, wtf did the updates do to this game? I thought I'd hop in to refamiliarize myself prior to the DLC dropping, haven't played it since release when I got the plat trophy with over 200 hours clocked. Turns out a bunch of my grace waypoints are missing, secret Halligtree medallion is gone, I'm now back in Sol and need to fight this fucker Niall again, this shit happen to anyone else? Weird stuff.

Hyped af for the DLC though, while I'd normally say DLC can't be GOTY all indications are it's longer than most full games so for me it qualifies lol. Praise the Erdtree!
Did you start NG+ and forget about it? NG+ and onward keeps your map progress, but stuff like medallions for lifts are story items because Radahn doesn’t appear until you have the first set of medallions.

Soodanim

No but it doesn't matter, I got back to where I was, just took a couple of hours 👌
I'd be more inclined to think it was a cloud sync issue than an update, as I played through all but the latest and never lost anything.

What you will have to get used to us the nerfs and buffs to many weapons and weapon types, depending on when you last played.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'd be more inclined to think it was a cloud sync issue than an update, as I played through all but the latest and never lost anything.

What you will have to get used to us the nerfs and buffs to many weapons and weapon types, depending on when you last played.
I feel like most of the nerfs applies for PVP, for example I heard both Drakmoon Greatsword and Rivers of Blood got nerfed but they still very strong in PVE.

Soodanim

I feel like most of the nerfs applies for PVP, for example I heard both Drakmoon Greatsword and Rivers of Blood got nerfed but they still very strong in PVE.
The only two that come to mind besides those are the Hoarfrost Stomp AoW and the fire/magic AoW for the sword you got in Caria Manor. Both were very strong, although not weapons themselves as such.

Ashes of War had the most changes by far, many easy modes had to be merged and it changed the way people play the game several times! Which is good, because lots of other good ones gained popularity.

I don't have cloud sync on so it definitely wasn't that, weird stuff. Anyway, already got back to Mohg and defeated him, ready to jump into the DLC, think my level is around 220.

As for PvP I have a custom Faith build that I created to be viable in both PvE or PvP, I've defeated all kinds of builds (and *been* defeated by all kinds of builds), haven't noticed any differences in the few hours I spent back with it.

Last edited:

Soodanim

I clicked on Vaati's "I played 3 hours of DLC" video then immediately changed my mind. Clicked on Draugoth Draugoth 's thread and immediately saw what I consider a spoiler for the first boss.

I'm going to have to put a blanket ban on any and all ER related content barring this thread, because everything else in the world lives to take away all mystery.

Hrk69

I clicked on Vaati's "I played 3 hours of DLC" video then immediately changed my mind. Clicked on Draugoth Draugoth 's thread and immediately saw what I consider a spoiler for the first boss.

I'm going to have to put a blanket ban on any and all ER related content barring this thread, because everything else in the world lives to take away all mystery.
I wish I was this strong

manlisten

Yup, it’s about that time
bf6I206.jpeg

FunkMiller

That Anor Londo clip hits close to home. Those arrows hit like a brick and you have to time that walk just perfect or you’re dead. Beautiful place btw. One of those places you’ll always remember visiting for the first time.

Still the most rage I've ever felt playing a souls game. Utter fucking pissweasels, those knights were.

Fake

That Anor Londo clip show how unfair the game sometimes really is. They don't dare to put Silver Knight using regular non homing arrow.

Soodanim

The funniest thing about Anor Londo snipers is that when you learn to stop caring and not stop moving it might be one of the easiest bits in the entire game. The odd roll until you get close, then bait him into a melee fun stab and he runs right off the ledge. The lightning spears before that are much more of a threat.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The funniest thing about Anor Londo snipers is that when you learn to stop caring and not stop moving it might be one of the easiest bits in the entire game. The odd roll until you get close, then bait him into a melee fun stab and he runs right off the ledge. The lightning spears before that are much more of a threat.
Yup, last time I replayed Dark Souls I didn’t even die to the snipers. If you have confidence, understanding of the mechanics, and timing it’s not a problem. Brilliant game design.

FunkMiller

Yup, last time I replayed Dark Souls I didn’t even die to the snipers. If you have confidence, understanding of the mechanics, and timing it’s not a problem. Brilliant game design.

I don't think enough credit is given to how much of a puzzle game the Souls games can be. Once you know how to solve that puzzle, things are easy, but until you've worked the solution out (or seen someone else do it) you can bang your head against a section of the game for hours. Those archers are the prime example of that. Easy to dodge, and easy to bait off the ledge - once you know how to do it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
IMG-0506.jpg
Art books for the DLC’s Collector’s Edition got delayed until July, so they’re giving people a digital version until it ships.

Collector’s Editions are pending charges now. Bandai does do a pre-auth charge that doesn’t go through initially, but this looks like it’ll post this time.

Last edited:

Danjin44

In my newest playthrough I’m only using thrusting swords and Frozen Needle is very underappreciated weapon.

You get relatively early in the game is special skill doesn’t use any FP at all and you can use it while holding a shield because you use its skill with strong attack instead of L2.

Also god damn good looking weapon.
still-no-int-scaling-for-the-coolest-literally-rapiar-v0-7ybm8e751kpa1.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

I guess every weapon with native frost build is kinda OP to begin with. The problem is not every thrusting sword is good to use. You may end up using a normal weapon with ash of war frost scale.

And wasn't the frost axe one of the early weapons with frozen to be found?

Danjin44

The problem is not every thrusting sword is good to use
Actually using thrusting sword in both hands is crazy good, you are attacking super fast with Rotten winged sword talismnet, you are doing lot of damage and you are building blood or frost pretty fast because how fast you are attacking.

Fake

Actually using thrusting sword in both hands is crazy good, you are attacking super fast with Rotten winged sword talismnet, you are doing lot of damage and you are building blood or frost pretty fast because how fast you are attacking.

Thrusting swords are mix bag in comparison with the regular sword, but 'dual wielding' in general is pretty strong for many weapons in the game, so they may add up their use.

And I agree, mixing frost build with blood lost is very OP and if I remember right was the main point of nerfing katanas to begin with.

Danjin44

Thrusting swords are mix bag in comparison with the regular sword, but 'dual wielding' in general is pretty strong for many weapons in the game, so they may add up their use.

And I agree, mixing frost build with blood lost is very OP and if I remember right was the main point of nerfing katanas to begin with.
In my new run I'm only using trusting swords and so far it working out surprising well......one hand I have Rogier's Rapier and other is Frozen Needle.

Once I get Seppuku I'm gonna put it on Rogier's Rapier.

Dont underestimate Trusting swords.....
XT2iYxr.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom