• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

marquimvfs

What is the recommended level to fight Echo of Lillith? I'm in early 95 with Rougue and didn't stand a chance against her... Will things get easier when I reach 100 or should I start re-evaluate my build fron now on?

Xyphie

What is the recommended level to fight Echo of Lillith? I'm in early 95 with Rougue and didn't stand a chance against her... Will things get easier when I reach 100 or should I start re-evaluate my build fron now on?

Don't bother until you're 100 and have really good gear, even then it's pretty hard and you need to learn the patterns, use specific builds etc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Don't even bother until you can at least clear pit tier 80-ish.

If you're good at dodging mechanics that are hard to see, then maybe pit tier 65 ish lol.

splattered

Ok so i preordered the ultimate vessels of hatred expansion via xbox.com and received the e-mail confirmation... but when i play the game on PC/Battlenet it acts like i don't own it??? How do i get all the extras to unlock on PC?

marquimvfs

Ok so i preordered the ultimate vessels of hatred expansion via xbox.com and received the e-mail confirmation... but when i play the game on PC/Battlenet it acts like i don't own it??? How do i get all the extras to unlock on PC?
Expansion isn't platform agnostic. You need to buy it in every platform you play. Just the saves are carried to all the platforms you play, expansions aren't. If you bought it on Xbox, that's the only place you will be able to play it when it launches. If you redeem the bonuses on Xbox, i think they appear in every platform you play, but you don't get 2 bonuses from buying them on more than one platform.

Last edited:

splattered

Expansion isn't platform agnostic. You need to buy it in every platform you play. Just the saves are carried to all the platforms you play, expansions aren't. If you bought it on Xbox, that's the only place you will be able to play it when it launches. If you redeem the bonuses on Xbox, i think they appear in every platform you play, but you don't get 2 bonuses from buying them on more than one platform.

Well that's a bunch of horse shit lmao... so far in PC version i have everything i've purchased on Xbox including season pass. But expansion pass won't move around wherever i play? That is stupid... i am not spending $90 twice. FKTHAT

Antwix

Damn that goes that idea. I was wondering if I could use rewards points to buy the expansion on xbox and it would work on bnet (like the battle passes do I believe). Oh well.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Well that's a bunch of horse shit lmao... so far in PC version i have everything i've purchased on Xbox including season pass. But expansion pass won't move around wherever i play? That is stupid... i am not spending $90 twice. FKTHAT
Well, it's kind of natural, given that you needed to buy the game on Pc and Xbox unless you got it from GamePass.

marquimvfs

Damn that goes that idea. I was wondering if I could use rewards points to buy the expansion on xbox and it would work on bnet (like the battle passes do I believe). Oh well.
If you intend to buy only one time, buy in the platform you play the most. If it isn't Xbox, save your points for something else.

Don't bother until you're 100 and have really good gear, even then it's pretty hard and you need to learn the patterns, use specific builds etc.
I had a bash barb that could do anywhere from 20-120+ mil a second damage and we barely got past 75% health before wiping. I honestly don't even understand what the expectations are for the fight, I could have gotten stronger yeah but even double damage wouldn't have mattered.

Edit: I actually quoted the wrong post

Last edited:

Zheph

I had a bash barb that could do anywhere from 20-120+ mil a second damage and we barely got past 75% health before wiping. I honestly don't even understand what the expectations are for the fight, I could have gotten stronger yeah but even double damage wouldn't have mattered.
you need to learn the pattern really and it will be fine especially as a bash barbarian. You got to avoid the waves of blood and destroy the boils.

If you did her in previous seasons, you won't get an extra spark tho so might not even be worth it

Last edited:

Antwix

If you intend to buy only one time, buy in the platform you play the most. If it isn't Xbox, save your points for something else.
Yeah I only play on bnet so it'll be that. Would've been cool if Microsoft enabled PlayAnywhere (which includes DLC) for D4. But I get it since it's bnet and not MS store.

you need to learn the pattern really and it will be fine especially as a bash barbarian. You got to avoid the waves of blood and destroy the boils.

If you did her in previous seasons, you won't get an extra spark tho so might not even be worth it
Well that was the other thing, we went in blind so we kind of had no shot from the get go lol

Will definitely try it again with my replacement bash barb, but only after studying the fight and with scroll of escape on a hair trigger.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

email support, explain your situation, and ask for a refund. It might work.

Zheph

Well that was the other thing, we went in blind so we kind of had no shot from the get go lol

Will definitely try it again with my replacement bash barb, but only after studying the fight and with scroll of escape on a hair trigger.
you guys doing that on hardcore? chill lmao
This is also a stealth "I want to farm Uber Duriel more but I ran out of mats" post lol
whats your time zone my man?

Zheph

Are you in the Neogaf clan?
I'm a lone wolf, no clan

Kentaro Miura Guts GIF

you guys doing that on hardcore? chill lmao
Lol yeah, my friend was like yeah let's try it out! And I went along thinking it would be another boss I could kill in 1 sec like the others 😅 I ended up actually dying in the aoe circle because I didn't realize I was in it (or that it existed), and it literally did a whole health bar of damage in about 1.5 seconds. I was doing ok tanking the other hits, though they started getting out of hand towards the end.

Honestly leveling is so damn fast now I didn't even care, lost a couple good rolled items but nothing too big.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I wish they would fix trophies on ps5.

I have the platinum but 5 trophies don’t ding. Raise 100 skeletons, hit level 100, and a few others I’ve 100% done numerous times. Ugh.

Arsic

My biggest hopes for expansion or S5/6:

Rework skill tree to be more fun options like D3. This doesn’t need to be PoE massive but there’s just specific skills classes always need no matter what build you pick. D3 felt like it had more wiggle room.

More items in the base game for transmog. The game loot will never be truly fixed when the “cool” stuff is in the store. Seeing cool stats isn’t enough. It’s why Shako is a fun drop to get in the current game.

Being back item sets with “green items.”

Give purpose to blue items and white items other than just scrap fodder.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
You do get stacked premium battle passes if you buy that tier of the expansion. I’m still riding on the 5 copies of regular d4 and have one more “free” premium pass unlock left.

I also got extra platinum with each purchase but still have not used it.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just crafted my self a Harlequin's Crest, and then 2 uber Andariel fights later....a Harlequin's Crest drops lol.

But it's okay because two more runs later, a Grandfather dropped. Time to level barb.

Vyse

Gold Member
By the way, if anyone needs help defeating Uber Duriel for either loot or the achievement, let me know and I can help with that.
Recently got my Barbarian to level 100, but still working on gear. Tried Lilith but kept leaping out 0f the circle. Will take you up on your offer when i’m ready. Also just started a new Rogue. So much fun to play and power leveling is so fast.

Zheph

lot of stuff in this
  • In an interview with Rod Fergusson and Brent Gibson, we asked why Spiritborn was chosen as the first new class, and not Paladin.
  • The developers want a class that fits with the new area and the story they wish to tell with the Vessel of Hatred expansion.
  • Season 6 will run concurrently with the expansion, and the team is already playing and testing how that interaction will work.
  • Diablo 4 launched assuming that players wanted the loot grind of Diablo 2, and the negative reception to the Uber grind led to a lot of realization amongst the team and changes we see today in Season 4.

Bry0

lot of stuff in this
  • In an interview with Rod Fergusson and Brent Gibson, we asked why Spiritborn was chosen as the first new class, and not Paladin.
  • The developers want a class that fits with the new area and the story they wish to tell with the Vessel of Hatred expansion.
  • Season 6 will run concurrently with the expansion, and the team is already playing and testing how that interaction will work.
  • Diablo 4 launched assuming that players wanted the loot grind of Diablo 2, and the negative reception to the Uber grind led to a lot of realization amongst the team and changes we see today in Season 4.
Amazing how they had to learn the exact same lessons that were learned in Diablo 3. It’s utterly bizarre, but I mean, how many people on this team worked on d3?

I’m just surprised there wasn’t some sort of post mortem on d3 that went into the design of d4. I mean there had to be considering how many things are similar? But how did they think people still want to do 10000x Uber runs? How many people actually play d2 resurrected like that? Bungie did the same thing when Destiny 2 launched there where it was like they had to learn the same lessons all over again.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Hello Wanderers

We first want to start by thanking everyone for jumping into Season 4 and experiencing the revamped systems introduced with Loot Reborn. We are also thrilled to see the excitement around Vessel of Hatred where we announced the release date of October 8th this past weekend at the Xbox Showcase. We are excited to share more as we head toward launch, and you all can expect more information on July 18 when we do a deep dive into the Spiritborn class coming with the expansion.

We want to take some time to provide some clarity and updates on a flurry of things heading to Diablo IV in the upcoming weeks.

The next update hitting Season 4 will be our mid-season patch. As you all know, mid-season patches include a ton of significant updates to the game related to class balance and more.

We will be releasing patch notes for the mid-season update (Patch 1.4.3) this coming Friday (June 14) and will be releasing the update sometime next week.

Typically we host a livestream for our mid-season updates, but we instead will be hosting a separate livestream next week on Friday (June 21) to talk about the next season in our Season 5 PTR Campfire Chat. We will have more information on that soon.

Originally we had our mid-season update coming after this PTR concluded, but we agreed releasing the mid-season update prior to the PTR would be better for all players.

Why is that? Well, the Season 5 PTR would have some of these changes coming with the mid-season update, and we didn’t want to create any type of whiplash for players as they go from finishing the PTR back to Season 4. Due to this, we believe delivering the mid-season update sooner will be the best for everyone.

As you can see there is a ton going on in the world of Sanctuary. We look forward to sharing more in the upcoming weeks and will have more information on Season 5 PTR including stream times and more next week.

Thank you
~Diablo IV Team

Arsic

Hopefully there are some Sorcerer buffs, because damn. How on earth iconic skills like fireball and meteor are still trash is beyond me.
I pray the expansion makes almost all skills viable and expands to make the tree options more fun like Diablo 3.

Top Bottom