• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Thief1987

A really well made Souls clone, with great level design and gameplay! I've just beat the Mad Donkey though, so I'm pretty early.
What? What is great about Lies of P level design? It's as linear as you can get, basically a corridor with rare branches which lead to nowhere. No real secrets, no hidden locations, nothing.

Last edited:
Rise of the Ronin day 2. My opinion hasnt changed a lot but got to Yokohama and it is pretty cool. Graphically poor but you still see a lot of nice attention to detail in the architecture in a time period not often seen. The pleasure house interior is great.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finished Resident Evil 2 1998. Even if its a way better experience than the original game I think I prefer it over the sequel. RE2 is great for what it is, it improved on the original in every way, from better graphics, shorter load times, more zombies on the screen, a very cool approach to the two character campaign. It basically did everything right when it comes to expanding the Resident Evil formula. It's a great game and very fun to play. But the OG Resident Evil will always be the best one.

Clearing RE2 made me go back to the remake. I like it a lot, much more than the first go I had with it. It's very well made. Playing the PS5 version with improved framerate, loading times, dual sense support and Ray tracing effects. Graphically it's phenomenal. The gore is very detailed and disgusting. Zombies are scary and unpredictable. Lickers too. The atmosphere is off the chart. It's dark and moody. The game plays great with smooth combat, intense action and gory headshots. Capcom is just the best with their remakes. Top notch developer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I got the true ending but the shooting segments were annoying. I basically did everything though
Yes they were annoying, especially the final boss, if you mess them up you have to go back and fight him even longer until that part is done. It just extends the battle to which you kinda need to be cautious as it is and prioritize healing since he hit for a lot of damage so the battle drags out to begin with.

Yes they were annoying, especially the final boss, if you mess them up you have to go back and fight him even longer until that part is done. It just extends the battle to which you kinda need to be cautious as it is and prioritize healing since he hit for a lot of damage so the battle drags out to begin with.

Oh I know I'm just saying took me awhile to get the True Ending

That strategy you mentioned worked for me

Did you find the last thing in the game after you got through the True Boss?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After clearing NG+ and playing Boss Challenge in Stellar Blade, I went back to some older stuff.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor - this one probably one of the best platformers in recent years. I played it years ago, but forgot most of it. I highly recommend this one on GBA.

Front Mission 5: Scars of the War - I’ve owned the PS2 game for years. Finally getting around to it. I don’t get why they didn’t localize this. It’s one of the best strategy games on the PS2.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Getting towards the "end game" in Mass Effect 3, held a mini party for the crew before we kick the illusive man's butt, (this is my 2nd playthrough of the game...) I've tried to get into Jusant, but I just don't find it gripping! :messenger_grinning_smiling: (pun intended..)

I've invested more than an hour into it, but part of me says I should see it to completion, the other is that I should delete it and play something else, I'm finding Mass Effect 3 and Oxenfree (part 1) more engaging than Jusant..

shubik

Baldurs Gate 3. I got it on release for PlayStation but bounced of of it in act 2 due to bad choices as well as the difficulty. This time I read a few articles on how to create a good character and chose a lower difficulty. And what can I say. I’m 60 hours deep and can’t remember when I was this invested in a game the last time.

This game deserves all the accolades it got.

Kssio_Aug

What? What is great about Lies of P level design? It's as linear as you can get, basically a corridor with rare branches which lead to nowhere. No real secrets, no hidden locations, nothing.
Uhh, let's agree to disagree. It's linear, yes, much more linear than Elden Ring. But there are quite a bunch of hidden locations, shortcuts, and hidden items (including weapons and costumes) and mini-bosses scattered around the level. The enemy placement is also pretty good, offering a balanced difficulty between stargazers. It's pretty damn good imo.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Replaying Elden Ring with Seamless Co-op. It’s a blast (if not significantly easier with friends).

Also Super Castlevania IV and Street Fighter 6.

Just finished Ocarina of Time for the second time (maybe third?). Got 100% everything (thank Hylia for emulators and save-states, and fuck Ganondorf for the Gerudo horse archery)... well, save for the deku nut upgrade, forgot a glitch made it permanently missable on the N64 version, not like I ever used them anyway.
I still think more recent entries like WW and TP did (almost) everything better, but it holds up very well even 25 years later.

I might go back to it at some point and do it, but I really didn't enjoy the wheels game and I'm not sure I feel like going around and doing all of them right now as I'm ready to start Eiyuden Chronicle.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Use a guide too

Last edited:
Top Bottom