• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

cajunator
Banned
(02-14-2015, 11:16 AM)
cajunator's Avatar
Bow to your Goddess destroyer Hamakaze.

kuroneko0509
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:17 AM)
kuroneko0509's Avatar

Originally Posted by cajunator

Bow to your Goddess destroyer Hamakaze.

.
Theonik
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:27 AM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tempy

Hitler reacts to U-511's remodel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MISN8-6x0Lg

I echo Hitler's sentiment.
That being said Humikane can do no wrong and RO-500 is pretty cute.
empressdonna
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:38 AM)
empressdonna's Avatar
:D Just the thread I needed.

Been rather addicted to the game since I got in last month and been slowly attempting the event (only managed to beat E-1 boss once so far. My other attempts have sent me to the wrong node XD).

I love the fact that someone put the ending theme plus the boss BGM from the event maps E-1 and E-2 together to make a full version of the song.
StayDead
um wat
(02-14-2015, 12:10 PM)
StayDead's Avatar




Also only another 5 days or so to wait until episode 7!
akira28
Banned
(02-14-2015, 12:20 PM)
akira28's Avatar
I might be interested in playing this game. I love Naval battles, but not a fan of today's generation of naval sims. This is just wacky enough, but with fighting.

But it's in Japanese.
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-14-2015, 01:01 PM)
Being level 7 Admiral is suffering.

Fleets of nothing but Destroyers with Fubuki as my main flagship because the two light cruisers I have, Nagara and Tenryuu, just love to get annihilated in every battle I put them in.

EDIT: And right after I said that I got the Heavy Cruiser Chikuma and the Heavy Cruiser Nachi.
StayDead
um wat
(02-14-2015, 04:48 PM)
StayDead's Avatar

Originally Posted by SliceSabre

Being level 7 Admiral is suffering.

Fleets of nothing but Destroyers with Fubuki as my main flagship because the two light cruisers I have, Nagara and Tenryuu, just love to get annihilated in every battle I put them in.

EDIT: And right after I said that I got the Heavy Cruiser Chikuma and the Heavy Cruiser Nachi.

Hopefully people don't think this is just a thread about the game since you've got the anime/manga/figures and stuff to talk about too along with all the amazing fanart, but this might help you (it helped me)

10/10/10/20 with a light cruiser or destroyer as secretary. for the sonar's

For the other things:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Development

The sonar's alsone are generally enough though, especially since you can equip 2 or more.
Just keep in mind that one of the nodes actually has a light cruiser and some destroyers and keep some surface combat equipment in case you hit the node.
I suggest th 10 cm Twin mount high angle for that.

You want to get some depth charges and sonars and then just farm E1 (event map 1) with Light Cruiser/Destroyer fleets and you'll have tons of cool kanmusu by the end of it. I've got a few light carriers, the kongou sisters and a load of other battleships/heavy cruisers by just farming E1 with my Yuudachi kai, Shigure, Naka, Sendai, Jintsuu, Tama fleet. If you go line abreast (bottom right formation) which is the Anti submarine formation for every node there you'll barely ever take any damage and also http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_2015_Event gives you a list of "requirements" you may need ot fufill such as for certain paths you need a certain LoS which on easy (which I'm on) is really, really low.
omlet
Member
(02-14-2015, 05:06 PM)
omlet's Avatar
Might change my morning alarm to this on loop (or a variant): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHokBboCc4

It's been the Miya can-can for about 3 years now. It's super effective.
NotLiquid
Member
(02-14-2015, 05:24 PM)
Funny how I always assumed Shimakaze, who's basically the series mascot, would be the protagonist or whatever.
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-14-2015, 05:40 PM)
Rensouhou-chan should have been the protag.

Originally Posted by StayDead

Hopefully people don't think this is just a thread about the game since you've got the anime/manga/figures and stuff to talk about too along with all the amazing fanart, but this might help you (it helped me)



You want to get some depth charges and sonars and then just farm E1 (event map 1) with Light Cruiser/Destroyer fleets and you'll have tons of cool kanmusu by the end of it. I've got a few light carriers, the kongou sisters and a load of other battleships/heavy cruisers by just farming E1 with my Yuudachi kai, Shigure, Naka, Sendai, Jintsuu, Tama fleet. If you go line abreast (bottom right formation) which is the Anti submarine formation for every node there you'll barely ever take any damage and also http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_2015_Event gives you a list of "requirements" you may need ot fufill such as for certain paths you need a certain LoS which on easy (which I'm on) is really, really low.

Oh wow thanks for this!
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-14-2015, 05:41 PM)
Tempy's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

Funny how I always assumed Shimakaze, who's basically the series mascot, would be the protagonist or whatever.

She's the most popular character, but her personality is probably a bit too peculiar to drive a series - which is why the ordinary Fubuki is the main protag in the anime and the 4koma. Shimakaze has her own manga off-shoot of course.
Theonik
Member
(02-14-2015, 06:04 PM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by omlet

Might change my morning alarm to this on loop (or a variant): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHokBboCc4

It's been the Miya can-can for about 3 years now. It's super effective.

This is what I have since November. It's so good.
Was thinking of switching to this soon though.
PdotMichael
Banned
(02-14-2015, 06:30 PM)
PdotMichael's Avatar
The incoming arcade game looks quite interesting.

Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-14-2015, 06:47 PM)
Tempy's Avatar

Originally Posted by omlet

Might change my morning alarm to this on loop (or a variant): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHokBboCc4

It's been the Miya can-can for about 3 years now. It's super effective.

I like this variant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArQ4b9RBxc


Also lol wat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4empkpEeBo
omlet
Member
(02-14-2015, 06:52 PM)
omlet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tempy

I like this variant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArQ4b9RBxc

Perfection
StayDead
um wat
(02-14-2015, 11:31 PM)
StayDead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tempy

I like this variant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArQ4b9RBxc

I need this as my alarm like yesterday. I funnily enough just got her card in the game too.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:35 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar
Well, finished my orientation for my new job and immediately pulled the trigger on Figma Nagato and Mutsu. Well preordered, Nagato sometime this month.

Edit: Crap didn't think about Kaga, oh well get her next I guess.
Theonik
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:35 PM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by StayDead

I funnily enough just got her card in the game too.

Son of a...
MikeHattsu
Member
(02-14-2015, 11:43 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar
Huh. Gaming community, eh?
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(02-14-2015, 11:53 PM)
Parakeetman's Avatar
The show needs more of best girl.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2F4Iz9oxAY

Do hope she shows up in the arcade version, been ages since I played the browser one.
StayDead
um wat
(02-14-2015, 11:57 PM)
StayDead's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Huh. Gaming community, eh?

Again? Nooo! ;_;

Snkfanatic
Member
(02-15-2015, 12:02 AM)
Snkfanatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Huh. Gaming community, eh?

cajunator
Banned
(02-15-2015, 12:44 AM)
cajunator's Avatar

Originally Posted by omlet

Might change my morning alarm to this on loop (or a variant): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHokBboCc4

It's been the Miya can-can for about 3 years now. It's super effective.

Originally Posted by Theonik

This is what I have since November. It's so good.
Was thinking of switching to this soon though.

So adorable. Yall have good taste.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-15-2015, 12:58 AM)
Tempy's Avatar
Was this created in Gaming Community or moved to it?

There's not really another game-only thread, but with talk of anime/manga/etc it doesn't really belong in gaming either.
cajunator
Banned
(02-15-2015, 01:27 AM)
cajunator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tempy

Was this created in Gaming Community or moved to it?

There's not really another game-only thread, but with talk of anime/manga/etc it doesn't really belong in gaming either.

Moved to it
Freezasaurus
Member
(02-15-2015, 02:00 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Huh. Gaming community, eh?

There's a conspiracy against ship girls.
StayDead
um wat
(02-15-2015, 02:00 AM)
StayDead's Avatar
Cajun, look who I just got!



EDIT: I just realised it was Hamakaze that you said you liked, not Murakumo.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-15-2015, 02:14 AM)
Tempy's Avatar

Originally Posted by StayDead

Cajun, look who I just got!



EDIT: I just realised it was Hamakaze that you said you liked, not Murakumo.

So many Valentine pics on tumblr...

This is pretty funny:

cajunator
Banned
(02-15-2015, 02:14 AM)
cajunator's Avatar

Originally Posted by StayDead

Cajun, look who I just got!



EDIT: I just realised it was Hamakaze that you said you liked, not Murakumo.

Shes not bad!
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 03:14 AM)
StayDead's words of wisdom helped me get some much needed Light Cruisers, I remodeled Fubuki and I got my first carrier!


Vylash
Member
(02-15-2015, 03:20 AM)
Vylash's Avatar
E-1 finally cleared, not looking forward to E-2
sdarkshadow
Member
(02-15-2015, 05:00 AM)
Endless last dance (E-5)

Triple fucking dyson

3 damage sponges and the chance of your ships actually hitting the flagship is very low assuming they haven't already been blown to bits.

About 40k resources wasted so far with no end in sight.
Vylash
Member
(02-15-2015, 05:02 AM)
Vylash's Avatar
what the hell is going on with your Yuudachi
sdarkshadow
Member
(02-15-2015, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by CureVylash

what the hell is going on with your Yuudachi

Nagato wasn't feeling well so she had to take her home.
Josephl64
Member
(02-15-2015, 05:41 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
Lost my old account so I'm hitting the lottery again for a chance. I suppose the server doesn't matter either.
Vylash
Member
(02-15-2015, 06:21 AM)
Vylash's Avatar

Originally Posted by sdarkshadow

Nagato wasn't feeling well so she had to take her home.

ah, support fleets, i keep forgetting about those
StayDead
um wat
(02-15-2015, 12:25 PM)
StayDead's Avatar

Originally Posted by SliceSabre

StayDead's words of wisdom helped me get some much needed Light Cruisers, I remodeled Fubuki and I got my first carrier!

Excellent! I still don't have any normal carriers, only light ones although I can't complain. I'm still farming E-1 in the hope I get a sub or a carrier haha.

Also this picture is love.

PdotMichael
Banned
(02-15-2015, 02:18 PM)
PdotMichael's Avatar

Shioi getting a figurine. Damn, that's too alluring.
Theonik
Member
(02-15-2015, 03:03 PM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by PdotMichael

Shioi getting a figurine. Damn, that's too alluring.

Nendoroid should also be coming this month!
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 04:38 PM)

Isuzu's first time out as flagship was a fucking disaster and I lost my first light cruiser. I-I-I can't, I'm done for a while.

I'm going to look at Tenryuu fanarts now.
Vylash
Member
(02-15-2015, 04:39 PM)
Vylash's Avatar
did you seriously sink a ship? wtf?
kuroneko0509
Member
(02-15-2015, 04:43 PM)
kuroneko0509's Avatar

Originally Posted by PdotMichael

Shioi getting a figurine. Damn, that's too alluring.

Nice pose.

Originally Posted by SliceSabre

Isuzu's first time out as flagship was a fucking disaster and I lost my first light cruiser. I-I-I can't, I'm done for a while.

I'm going to look at Tenryuu fanarts now.

always retreat if there's a ship is in critical (red) hp
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by CureVylash

did you seriously sink a ship? wtf?

Originally Posted by kuroneko0509

Nice pose.


always retreat if there's a ship is in critical (red) hp

She was sunk mid-battle because the Wo-class apparently hated her guts. I also got cocky.

Lesson learned.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-15-2015, 04:48 PM)
Tempy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SliceSabre

Isuzu's first time out as flagship was a fucking disaster and I lost my first light cruiser. I-I-I can't, I'm done for a while.

I'm going to look at Tenryuu fanarts now.

You m-monster
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Tempy

You m-monster

Fubuki made it without a scratch, that's something right?
Vylash
Member
(02-15-2015, 04:56 PM)
Vylash's Avatar
also go build a battleship
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by CureVylash

also go build a battleship

I have two actually but they were on an expedition and I thought I'd be alright.
StayDead
um wat
(02-15-2015, 05:04 PM)
StayDead's Avatar

Originally Posted by SliceSabre

Fubuki made it without a scratch, that's something right?

Just so you know, if your ship goes to red health in a battle you can continue to night battle and they won't sink. It's only if you move forward they can sink. Always retreat if anything gets to red health, always. If a ship goes from full, light or medium damage in a battle to red they're totally invunerable unless you continue on in the sortie.
SliceSabre
Banned
(02-15-2015, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by StayDead

Just so you know, if your ship goes to red health in a battle you can continue to night battle and they won't sink. It's only if you move forward they can sink. Always retreat if anything gets to red health, always. If a ship goes from full, light or medium damage in a battle to red they're totally invunerable unless you continue on in the sortie.

Well shit.

I don't know why but in mind I was thinking it was fighting at night would cause your ships to sink. She had taken critical damage in a previous battle so that explains it.

Thread Tools