• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Gartooth
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:20 PM)
Gartooth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Futurevoid

I have this one on preorder:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...tibles-300198/

:O

Wow, that looks incredible! The cape especially looks awesome on him.
Messi
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:21 PM)
Messi's Avatar
That Ripley figure....oh wow. The second that goes up for preorder I am there.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(01-31-2015, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Nah, generally speaking - I'm all about the statues. I dig the ones DC puts out, and I'd love some based on Marvel characters. The only poseable figures I really buy are Nendoroids.

Ah, right. Well, you're welcome to post your Nendoroid collection here! They are articulated after all.

Originally Posted by Messi

That Ripley figure....oh wow. The second that goes up for preorder I am there.

Further down the rabbit hole you go ;)
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:23 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zulithe

I feel for the diehard 3.75 fans out there, but 6" clearly where a lot of the effort is going now, with the smaller figures losing enthusiast support as Hasbro is trying to focus that size more on its younger buyers as seen with its push of the "star wars saga legends" figures as a great example of this.

Hopefully those fans will transition over to 6" (or 7" for marvel select with dc direct being similarly sized) because that is where the sweet spot is these days.

Yup, I was a die-hard 3.75 guy since I was really young(as a kid it was mainly because I could stick a few in my pocket to take wherever)
As I got older I started to appreciate the crossover potential, customization potential and definitely the vehicles and playsets.

I still prefer the Marvel Universe, DC Multiverse, etc but have become much more open to 6".
Its really thanks to Figma, before i'd buy one or two 6" figures but after my first few Figma(bout 100 now) I gave up caring if my figure collection was cohesive.

Star Wars going 6" focused kinda pissed me off though as I have been buying those and their vehicles since childhood and supposedly im an afterthought.
Last edited by Razgriz-Specter; 01-31-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Hagi
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:24 PM)
Hagi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Nah, generally speaking - I'm all about the statues. I dig the ones DC puts out, and I'd love some based on Marvel characters. The only poseable figures I really buy are Nendoroids.

Not that I don't like the Bishoujo stuff (<3 my Captain Marvel) I'd die if there was something similar to the Bombshell line but for Marvel.
Maintenance
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:24 PM)
Maintenance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not The Droid You're Looking For

Ah, right. Well, you're welcome to post your Nendoroid collection here!

Just kidding.
kewlmyc
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:26 PM)
kewlmyc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Yoshi



This is going to be the be all and end all, right?

Looks cool as hell, but that's going to be so freaking expensive. Probably as much as the Godzilla 2014 Slideshow Collectible ($850).
Messi
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:27 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not The Droid You're Looking For

Ah, right. Well, you're welcome to post your Nendoroid collection here! They are articulated after all.

Further down the rabbit hole you go ;)

Zulithe
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:28 PM)
Zulithe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einbroch

So is this the Nendoroid and Figma thread?

I guess posters will ultimately decide, but IMO yes it is. There is a lot of crossover appeal in the different kinds of figures, but I think the statue crowd and the people who like the smaller, articulated things deserve to have their own breathing room.

It's not east vs west... most action figure fans love japanese articulated figures. I myself have tons of both japanese and western stuff.
dankir
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:28 PM)
dankir's Avatar
Hulkbuster will probably be 899,99 or 999,99 just because they can charge that. Won't be diecast cuz they said it'll be too heavy.

Articulation might be limited but it's going to be awesome. It's 2 ft tall so basically the size of Fortress Maximus.
Freezasaurus
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:29 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hagi

Not that I don't like the Bishoujo stuff (<3 my Captain Marvel) I'd die if there was something similar to the Bombshell line but for Marvel.

Oh no, that'd be kind of awful. That kind of thing is specific to what illustrator they work with in regards to if it turns out well or not. But DC Direct puts out more lines than just the Bombshells.

Originally Posted by kewlmyc

Looks cool as hell, but that's going to be so freaking expensive. Probably as much as the Godzilla 2014 Slideshow Collectible ($850).

I've heard talk of $1000 being thrown around.
Messi
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:30 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by dankir

Hulkbuster will probably be 899,99 or 999,99 just because they can charge that. Won't be diecast cuz they said it'll be too heavy.

Articulation might be limited but it's going to be awesome. It's 2 ft tall so basically the size of Fortress Maximus.

Are the Diecast Iron Man's heavy?
Haloid1177
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:30 PM)
Haloid1177's Avatar
If Hulkbuster is more than $800 I might have to pass.

That statement is fucking sad lol

Originally Posted by Messi

Are the Diecast Iron Man's heavy?

Compared to other 1/6 scale figures, yes.
GreatEdmondo
Junior Member
(01-31-2015, 11:30 PM)
GreatEdmondo's Avatar
Seeing as how they're still revealing Guardians figures, how long do you think it'll be before we get a Mark 45 Iron Man figure from Hot Toys?
Haloid1177
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:31 PM)
Haloid1177's Avatar

Originally Posted by GreatEdmondo

Seeing as how they're still revealing Guardians figures, how long do you think it'll be before we get a Mark 45 Iron Man figure from Hot Toys?

Considering we don't even know what the armor looks like, it might not be unveiled until May.
Samurai_Heart
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:31 PM)
Samurai_Heart's Avatar
Hulkbuster gonna be $1,000+ but you get a Iron Man to dock in it ;D Wonder if that will push people over the $1,000 line =P
SmithnCo
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:31 PM)
SmithnCo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einbroch

So is this the Nendoroid and Figma thread?

Well there is a figma in the OP. :p

I like the other thread but have no interest in statues so this definitely suits my tastes a bit more. We all are on the same forum after all so this shouldn't be a war or anything.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(01-31-2015, 11:32 PM)
Back in the Marvel Legends thread, remember I said that I will probably get the entire Age of Ultron Hot Toys line? Yeah, I'm not. That Hulkbuster is a bit much for me, haha.
Zulithe
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:32 PM)
Zulithe's Avatar

Originally Posted by GreatEdmondo

Seeing as how they're still revealing Guardians figures, how long do you think it'll be before we get a Mark 45 Iron Man figure from Hot Toys?

If it didn't appear in any of the films then I'm not convinced Hot Toys would make it.

You can always get the Marvel Legends version :)
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:33 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Delta Assault

More like Walletbuster...

More Bankbuster for me.
Haloid1177
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:33 PM)
Haloid1177's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not The Droid You're Looking For

Back in the Marvel Legends thread, remember I said that I will probably get the entire Age of Ultron Hot Toys line? Yeah, I'm not. That Hulkbuster is a bit much for me, haha.

Quitter.
Zulithe
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:34 PM)
Zulithe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not The Droid You're Looking For

Back in the Marvel Legends thread, remember I said that I will probably get the entire Age of Ultron Hot Toys line? Yeah, I'm not. That Hulkbuster is a bit much for me, haha.

But what if it fits an entire tony stark inside!!! It would be the ultimate centerpiece.
Hagi
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:34 PM)
Hagi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Oh no, that'd be kind of awful. That kind of thing is specific to what illustrator they work with in regards to if it turns out well or not. But DC Direct puts out more lines than just the Bombshells.

If they bothered to work with the actual artists we could get glorious Noto, Opeņa, Bachalo or Esad Ribić statues but alas.

As for other lines Marvel could use their own Ame-Comi line....
Last edited by Hagi; 01-31-2015 at 11:37 PM.
GreatEdmondo
Junior Member
(01-31-2015, 11:35 PM)
GreatEdmondo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zulithe

If it didn't appear in any of the films then I'm not convinced Hot Toys would make it.

You can always get the Marvel Legends version :)

I'm talking about the one in Age of Ultron.
Freezasaurus
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:35 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Samurai_Heart

Hulkbuster gonna be $1,000+ but you get a Iron Man to dock in it ;D Wonder if that will push people over the $1,000 line =P

Hulkbuster is HT though, right? The price will be insane enough considering most Sideshow PF's don't hit that price point.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(01-31-2015, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Haloid1177

Quitter.

Heeeey, I'm gonna get everyone else!

Originally Posted by Zulithe

But what if it fits an entire tony stark inside!!! It would be the ultimate centerpiece.

This is one figure I can live without! I don't even have the space :P
Zulithe
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:36 PM)
Zulithe's Avatar

Originally Posted by GreatEdmondo

I'm talking about the one in Age of Ultron.

I had NO IDEA that armor was in... :P But i chose to look at the spoiler so only myself to blame.
Haloid1177
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:36 PM)
Haloid1177's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not The Droid You're Looking For

Heeeey, I'm gonna get everyone else!

I don't blame ya. I keep upping my threshold for what I'll pay but I can't envision ever getting him.

Unless the payment plan can be really really spread out...
Wanderer5
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:39 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar
Had some fun with my two nendoroids today. Nendoroids might be a bit of a hassle to pose and such, but man it can be sooooo rewarding.





Also Jan 2015 was the month of archer figures for me.:P

Ryuuroden
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:43 PM)
Ryuuroden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

This does seem to be the big issue. I like DC, but I find Marvel characters much more preferable on the whole. But unfortunately Marvel has no merchandising line that's comparable to DC Direct, and they really really should.

Hey LEGO does great Marvel figures :)

On that note, LEGO minifigs have articulation so guess I will be cross posting between LEGO gaf and here :D

I must spread the love of the LEGO
dankir
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:51 PM)
dankir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Are the Diecast Iron Man's heavy?

Yeah noticeably different compared to the regular 1/6th figures. Feel really good and solid.
Samurai_Heart
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:51 PM)
Samurai_Heart's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Hulkbuster is HT though, right? The price will be insane enough considering most Sideshow PF's don't hit that price point.

Yeah Hulkbuster's gonna be crazy expensive considering polystone version is $429.99:


And HT Iron Man -Igor being $509.99

All I can say is whomever has been collecting HT Iron Man has wallets none of us can compare XD, I mean seriously check out all the HT Iron Man there is below:
dankir
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:53 PM)
dankir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Samurai_Heart

Hulkbuster gonna be $1,000+ but you get a Iron Man to dock in it ;D Wonder if that will push people over the $1,000 line =P

Wouldn't count on it. I suspect it'll be like Iron Monger where can pop the canopy open and show Jeff Bridges head.



We'll see, it'll be a while before its final anyways. Start saving up thought you should have plenty of time.
Samurai_Heart
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:56 PM)
Samurai_Heart's Avatar

Originally Posted by dankir

Wouldn't count on it. I suspect it'll be like Iron Monger where can pop the canopy open and show Jeff Bridges head.



We'll see, it'll be a while before its final anyways. Start saving up thought you should have plenty of time.

Man saw that Iron Monger at HT's "HQ" in HK that thing is impressive as hell when you see it in person, but what Hot Toys aren't.
JLynn
Member
(01-31-2015, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Mecha

Turn FigureGAF into StatueGAF and make this the new FigureGAF, easy fix to any possible confusion.

A fuckin men brotha.

I'm happy for the genesis of Action FigureGAF and I look forward to posting mines and my GF's collection.

A question. Have any of you bought a few figures from a certain line and was completely satisfied with not buying anymore from the line? Like for example, I have just the Figuarts regular Son Goku and SDCC exclusive Piccolo and I have no interest in any other DBZ Figuarts. Same with MOTU Classics as I have just the updated He-Man and Battle Cat. Masterpiece Transformers tho?

"I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..."
dankir
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:00 AM)
dankir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Samurai_Heart

Yeah Hulkbuster's gonna be crazy expensive considering polystone version is $429.99:

All I can say is whomever has been collecting HT Iron Man has wallets none of us can compare XD, I mean seriously check out all the HT Iron Man there is below:

There lots of guys in the One Sixth republic group that have the entire released series of Iron Man HT figures. Some have even customized their own like Tank, Disco, etc. About 11k to collect all 43 figures if they end up releasing them all.








Here's the custom Tank (repainted Heart Breaker)



Notice the mini HT boxes?
Last edited by dankir; 02-01-2015 at 12:03 AM.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(02-01-2015, 12:00 AM)
Here is Age of Ultron Cap in that super secret Hot Toys HQ:
Wanderer5
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:09 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by JLynn

A fuckin men brotha.

I'm happy for the genesis of Action FigureGAF and I look forward to posting mines and my GF's collection.

A question. Have any of you bought a few figures from a certain line and was completely satisfied with not buying anymore from the line? Like for example, I have just the Figuarts regular Son Goku and SDCC exclusive Piccolo and I have no interest in any other DBZ Figuarts. Same with MOTU Classics as I have just the updated He-Man and Battle Cat. Masterpiece Transformers tho?

"I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..."

Pretty much how I am feeling with say the Kantai Collection, which I not trying to go deep into with here, but basically I love Kaga, and maybe beside Akagi (cause they are a duo), I really doubt I will look that much further at the nendoroids (and well overall from the series lol). Same with the new Bionicle line, which I think I'll be good with the jungle duo for a while.

Overall I don't think I would ever aim to complete a line outside of maybe pairs.
Last edited by Wanderer5; 02-01-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Bii
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:10 AM)
Bii's Avatar

Originally Posted by dankir

There lots of guys in the One Sixth republic group that have the entire released series of Iron Man HT figures. Some have even customized their own like Tank, Disco, etc. About 11k to collect all 43 figures if they end up releasing them all.

I see you have the Mark 42. Tell me more about it. Any major issues and are you happy with it? I'm seriously considering making my first Hot Toys purchase off of Sideshow ($25 discount + $15 back in rewards, just incentives for me to buy it).
Samurai_Heart
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:12 AM)
Samurai_Heart's Avatar

Originally Posted by dankir

There lots of guys in the One Sixth republic group that have the entire released series of Iron Man HT figures. Some have even customized their own like Tank, Disco, etc. About 11k to collect all 43 figures if they end up releasing them all.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10950974_390411927805821_1479316032_n.jpg?oh=69d0e1188ad2b774052ba09d8c7346 a0&oe=54CF7B9D&__gda__=1422890941_6e65ccfa475c96a4dd7c32aaae59b6e7[/IMG


[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1551776_10152689900062098_2626465636804439790_n.jpg?oh=1ca6e618b57ccfb88a2d 6f02fdbe57b3&oe=55582A5B&__gda__=1431657521_ea7f0d521cb93a347b89dfe54762ef9 2[/IMG

[IMG]https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10689670_10152604942567098_7579499140629093771_n.jpg?oh=7b6050d9e456a8de5ff fd9e42f456b59&oe=555157AA[/IMG

Here's the custom Tank (repainted Heart Breaker)

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10702032_10152871456496255_9013335784328060723_n.jpg?oh=a7bb7294fac90f06795 ce684bdac8cbd&oe=555EEF5B&__gda__=1433285902_69892123ff73eb706462b4e555a3ac 64[/IMG

Notice the mini HT boxes?
[IMG]https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10409264_10152501402697098_431502277938583711_n.jpg?oh=4998884a86600b5446e3 7b5acbdedd7c&oe=554E2802[/IMG

O_____O Can understand why Hot Toys keep doing Iron Man then XD
Wanderer5
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:15 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar
I hate to think of how much all those iron man stuff cost.:P
Gartooth
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:17 AM)
Gartooth's Avatar
Holy shit at that Iron Man collection. I couldn't even fathom how much that costs, although it is also probably the most impressive collection I've ever seen.
SmithnCo
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:21 AM)
SmithnCo's Avatar
Those Iron Man displays really are a thing of beauty.
Freezasaurus
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:33 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Those Iron Man displays really are a thing of beauty.

I'm still amazed that Sideshow has managed to milk Iron Man for this long.
SmithnCo
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:36 AM)
SmithnCo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I'm still amazed that Sideshow has managed to milk Iron Man for this long.

Iron Man is basically Hot Toy's version of Miku figmas lol
kewlmyc
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:40 AM)
kewlmyc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I'm still amazed that Sideshow has managed to milk Iron Man for this long.

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Iron Man is basically Hot Toy's version of Miku figmas lol

If you told me Iron Man would be one of the hottest superheroes market wise 15 years ago, I would have laughed in your face.
Croll
Junior Member
(02-01-2015, 12:44 AM)
I don't know exactly what constitutes action figures in your dictionaries but lately I've gotten into collecting Bandai's Soul of Chogokin figures of old super robots from the 70's and 80's. The engineering on these toys (really more collectibles than toys) when it comes to their transformations and combinations is truly amazing. They're a bit pricey, ranging from $100-300 before you hit the aftermarket. One day I really want to get a Hot Toys figure just to compare the engineering between the two lines.

So far I've got GX-40 Godmars and GX-55 Tobikage and Houraioh. GX-62 Danguard A should arrive tomorrow. There's also a few I have on preorder like the reissue of Voltes V and the new GaoGaiGar.

Does anyone else collect or own a few of these?
Freezasaurus
Member
(02-01-2015, 12:45 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by kewlmyc

If you told me Iron Man would be one of the hottest superheroes market wise 15 years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

Robert Downey Jr. gave Iron Man dat mass appeal.
dankir
Member
(02-01-2015, 01:07 AM)
dankir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I'm still amazed that Sideshow has managed to milk Iron Man for this long.

The movies rake in billion dollars so does the merchandise. I have like 15 Iron Man hot toys figures :)
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(02-01-2015, 01:17 AM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zulithe

I personally have seen many action figure posts there either receive negative replies or often outright ignored.

Really? I've been reading FigureGAF for a long time now and the only time I've seen negative reactions to Western stuff is when the figure posted was obviously low quality and poorly made, which is the same thing that people do when Eastern figures of low quality are posted. I don't really think it's fair to characterize the thread that way when it's pretty much the opposite whenever people do post Western stuff.

That said I don't really mind there being two threads. It looks like there's a bunch of crossover with FigureGAF already.

Thread Tools