• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Tizoc
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:13 AM)
Tizoc's Avatar
Rewatching the TF animated movie...
Yeah man this is a 1 hour-ish advertisment for the movie
but man does it have it's awesome moments.

EDIT: Man I forgot Optimus did an Uppercut on Megs.
Shoryuken-ing before Ryu made it popular hah.

EDIT2: "Me Grimlock say execute them!'
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(09-14-2017, 03:07 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Firemind

They could do it with their voodoo designers.

But yeah, Bruticus, Menasor, Superion, Computron would be infinitely more easier.

The dream would be MP Predaking. I'LL PAY ANYTHING TAKARA

They could absolutely do it, but Bruticus is by far the most popular combiner in Japan for some reason, so he'd get the nod first.
Cheerilee
Member
(09-14-2017, 03:47 AM)
Cheerilee's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Rewatching the TF animated movie...
Yeah man this is a 1 hour-ish advertisment for the movie
but man does it have it's awesome moments.

EDIT: Man I forgot Optimus did an Uppercut on Megs.
Shoryuken-ing before Ryu made it popular hah.

EDIT2: "Me Grimlock say execute them!'

Just to point out, since it hasn't been linked in this thread yet...

Really That Good: Transformers The Movie
And it's NeoGAF thread.

I really like how MovieBob starts out with an explanation far better than anything I've been able to verbalize, about why it doesn't really matter if Transformers is just a toy commercial.
Tence
(09-14-2017, 09:20 AM)

Originally Posted by MattKeil

They could absolutely do it, but Bruticus is by far the most popular combiner in Japan for some reason, so he'd get the nod first.

Bruticus was my favorite Decepticon combiner too.

I only had money for Brawl though :P
Tizoc
Member
(09-14-2017, 02:05 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
Is the transscript of Wreck-gar's dialog from the TF movie available anywhere?
he has the best lines in the movie. How did they even go about making him talk that way?
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-14-2017, 02:20 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheerilee

Just to point out, since it hasn't been linked in this thread yet...

Really That Good: Transformers The Movie
And it's NeoGAF thread.

I really like how MovieBob starts out with an explanation far better than anything I've been able to verbalize, about why it doesn't really matter if Transformers is just a toy commercial.

Heh, I just watched that yesterday, it popped on my youtube recommendations. The opening is really great stuff, but I had to fast forward quite a bit of the actual review because too much of it was restating the same things several times.
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(09-14-2017, 06:45 PM)
MattKeil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Is the transscript of Wreck-gar's dialog from the TF movie available anywhere?
he has the best lines in the movie. How did they even go about making him talk that way?

They're just using an exaggerated flanging effect on the voice, I believe. All the TFs in the cartoon had some kind of vocal processing effect put on to make them sound "like robots," some more than others (Soundwave, for instance), and Wreck-Gar's voice is another variation on it from some clever sound engineer.
Tizoc
Member
(09-18-2017, 11:02 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
Oh what Lost Light #10 releases in October? Urgggggggggggh

I couldn't resist but check ou the description on Comixology
https://www.comixology.com/Transform...l-comic/542995

...and it's amazing. Also PROTECTOBOTS!
NEO0MJ
Member
(09-18-2017, 11:05 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Oh what Lost Light #10 releases in October? Urgggggggggggh

These delays are really killing my investment in this series.
Tizoc
Member
(09-18-2017, 11:16 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

These delays are really killing my investment in this series.

I'm curious what the cause of the delays are? Is it artist duty or something?
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-19-2017, 01:00 AM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

These delays are really killing my investment in this series.

Don't become a fan of Steven Universe then... :/
Tizoc
Member
(09-19-2017, 05:21 AM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

Don't become a fan of Steven Universe then... :/

iT'S ok i watch those episodes in bulk!
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-19-2017, 04:50 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

iT'S ok i watch those episodes in bulk!

With Steven Universe, that has the added advantage of being able to do other stuff between "bulks". Like getting a new university degree... or raising a family... or creating a life sized replica of the Eiffel tower out of toothpicks... or all of the above...
NEO0MJ
Member
(09-19-2017, 05:18 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

Don't become a fan of Steven Universe then... :/

I already am :(

Think I'll drop it after the end of this season. Frankly I just don't care about it anymore and recent episodes have been kinda weak.
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:18 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar
Gotta love how on-point GAF's ads have been lately.
Tence
(09-21-2017, 07:24 PM)
My PerfectFusion Cesium arrived. Really happy with it. Mofo is big.
When I get my autobot decals I'll make some pics.
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-21-2017, 07:41 PM)
MMC Megatron shipped from BBTS. Should have him sometime next week.
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-21-2017, 11:09 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tence

My PerfectFusion Cesium arrived. Really happy with it. Mofo is big.
When I get my autobot decals I'll make some pics.

Oh god, I just got the joke.
Tence
(09-21-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

Oh god, I just got the joke.

And now I got it XD
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-23-2017, 09:12 PM)
Stumbled across MPM-04 at TRU today, only one on the shelf. Havenít transformed him yet cause it looks like a hassle but the robot mode is insane.
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-24-2017, 03:02 AM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tence

And now I got it XD


Glad to be of service, heh!
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(09-28-2017, 04:53 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar
Looking good so far.

Beth Cyra
Member
(09-28-2017, 05:30 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattKeil

Looking good so far.

Honestly with the reasoning to have the front pipes I can understand why they did it, so even though I don't like that choice aside, I'd say it is looking nearly perfect.

So hyped for this release.
Weltall Zero
Member
(09-28-2017, 12:14 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar
But poor Minimus Ambus...
Beth Cyra
Member
(09-28-2017, 05:00 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

But poor Minimus Ambus...

Minimums comes with every copy of Magnus in NA so I think he takes the W in this scenario to be fair :)
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(09-28-2017, 09:04 PM)
MattKeil's Avatar
Yeah the last time an official toy of Ultra Magnus featured the "inner robot puts on armor" gimmick was actually the G1 toy, so I'm finding it hard to feel too bad for Minimus on this one.
Tizoc
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:09 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
Alex Milne returns to lost light with issue #13
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:00 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattKeil

Looking good so far.

I hate fake windscreens. Probably one of the laziest cheats in modern Transformers design.
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(10-02-2017, 10:58 PM)
MattKeil's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I hate fake windscreens. Probably one of the laziest cheats in modern Transformers design.

If by "modern" you mean "G1 Powermaster Prime."

If it makes the mode look better, fake parts away, I say.
Weltall Zero
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:27 AM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Alex Milne returns to lost light with issue #13

Oooh yeah! Didn't know about this. I don't have anything against the current artist but Milne is just on a whole different level compared to anyone else.
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-03-2017, 06:06 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattKeil

If by "modern" you mean "G1 Powermaster Prime."

If it makes the mode look better, fake parts away, I say.

I bet you also support parts-formers :v
Tence
(10-03-2017, 07:47 AM)
Pics of my new pet! (I am not a great photographer...sorry)

MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(10-03-2017, 09:22 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I bet you also support parts-formers :v

Another grand G1 tradition. Not a dealbreaker, but not great, even if it sometimes is the only option.
Weltall Zero
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:25 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tence

Pics of my new pet! (I am not a great photographer...sorry)

Beautiful! Which one is this? Hard to keep up with all the third party Dinobots. You'd think HasTak would wise up and make their own MP Dinos.

Originally Posted by MattKeil

Another grand G1 tradition. Not a dealbreaker, but not great, even if it sometimes is the only option.

You monster. :(
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:40 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattKeil

Another grand G1 tradition. Not a dealbreaker, but not great, even if it sometimes is the only option.

I'mma put you on ignore 😤

Sometimes traditions are bad.
Tence
(10-03-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

Beautiful! Which one is this? Hard to keep up with all the third party Dinobots. You'd think HasTak would wise up and make their own MP Dinos.

It is the PerfectFusion Cesium.
Weltall Zero
Member
(10-03-2017, 08:22 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tence

It is the PerfectFusion Cesium.

Oh, yeah; the salami. :D
Tizoc
Member
(10-05-2017, 08:16 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/04/i...preview-351267
It is finally here
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:08 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/04/i...preview-351267
It is finally here

I'm curious what these guys have been up to, and what excuse the greatest autobot who ever lived has to say for abandoning everyone.
Tizoc
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:45 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I'm curious what these guys have been up to, and what excuse the greatest autobot who ever lived has to say for abandoning everyone.

If one of those variant covers are anything to go by....
SiegfriedFM
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:46 AM)
SiegfriedFM's Avatar
So, yeah, there are pics of the Terrorcons (who look mostly awesome except a blocky Hun-Grrr) and a teaser of Divebomb's wings which DWARF the other figures. Predaking is going to be HUGE. And expensive. And awesome. And HUGE. Glad I resisted getting the knockoffs.
Tizoc
Member
(10-06-2017, 03:00 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
So i take it there arent any non mobile transformers games in the works atm?
Weltall Zero
Member
(10-06-2017, 03:37 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by SiegfriedFM

So, yeah, there are pics of the Terrorcons (who look mostly awesome except a blocky Hun-Grrr) and a teaser of Divebomb's wings which DWARF the other figures. Predaking is going to be HUGE. And expensive. And awesome. And HUGE. Glad I resisted getting the knockoffs.

I ordered the knockoff Predaking like a week back. The HasTak version will no doubt be awesome, but also cost thrice as much once you factor in shipping to Spain.

Speaking of knockoffs, and I know this is perhaps not the most moral thing to do, but I'm mighty tempted to wait for an oversize knockoff of the Dinobot combiner, like they did with Defensor. Having a Volcanicus that doesn't look like a midget next to Predaking, where each dinobot is Voyager-sized and Grimlock is a leader, is so fucking tempting.

Originally Posted by Tizoc

So i take it there arent any non mobile transformers games in the works atm?

Not that I know of, and it hurts so much after WfC, FoC, and Devastation. :(
Dongs Macabre
aka Daedalos42
(10-06-2017, 04:37 PM)
Dongs Macabre's Avatar
Man, that Shattered Glass Rodimus is pretty tempting.
Weiss
Banned
(10-06-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I'm curious what these guys have been up to, and what excuse the greatest autobot who ever lived has to say for abandoning everyone.

I want to know how Perceptor could betray BFF Brainstorm.
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-06-2017, 05:32 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by SiegfriedFM

So, yeah, there are pics of the Terrorcons (who look mostly awesome except a blocky Hun-Grrr) and a teaser of Divebomb's wings which DWARF the other figures. Predaking is going to be HUGE. And expensive. And awesome. And HUGE. Glad I resisted getting the knockoffs.

I feel it's unfair to call third party stuff knockoffs considering how much effort is put into them.

Originally Posted by Weiss

I want to know how Perceptor could betray BFF Brainstorm.

As an atheist Perceptor has no morality.
He was secretly jealous.
Weiss
Banned
(10-06-2017, 08:45 PM)
Yooo Transformers MTMTE is $3.99 a volume on comixology right now!

Get on that!
Weltall Zero
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:06 PM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

I feel it's unfair to call third party stuff knockoffs considering how much effort is put into them.

I assume he means the knockoffs of the third parties, like the oversized Feral Rex, that are a fraction of the cost of the originals. Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAcUlQ4k0g
SiegfriedFM
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:34 AM)
SiegfriedFM's Avatar
No, I'm meaning knockoffs of the characters that HasTak spent 33 years building a fanbase for...
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(10-08-2017, 01:20 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar

Originally Posted by SiegfriedFM

No, I'm meaning knockoffs of the characters that HasTak spent 33 years building a fanbase for...

That's not what a knockoff is. A knockoff is a duplication of an existing mold by a company that didn't make said mold, usually using cheaper materials so they can sell it for a much lower price than the original product. Third party original designs are not knockoffs. There are, however, knockoffs made of those third party original designs pretty regularly now, because pirates gonna pirate.

Thread Tools