• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RagnarokX
(11-27-2012, 04:21 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar
I got my Wii U at midnight on launch day in the US. Updated it that night and played it all day. Then last Monday I purchased NSMBU off the eshop, exited the eshop, returned to the eshop, and the system hardlocked while loading the eshop. I had no option but to unplug my Wii U. When I plugged it back in, it would power on for a second, blink once, and then power down. The blinking blue light of death.

I contacted Nintendo, and after unplugging it for 15 seconds didn't work, I shipped my Wii U back to Nintendo.

7 days later, my Wii U has arrived in the mail. It's a brand-new unit. The day-1 update was preinstalled. When it came time for my NNID, it asked for my old NNID, my NNID password, and my email address. It warned that if I continued I would no longer be able to use my NNID with other Wii U consoles. I hit ok and it sent my to the Mii maker. New console, old NNID. It had notices I had accrued while my Wii U was away.

Only negative is that my Nintendo Land disc was stuck in my Wii U and they did not return that to me. I told them it was in there, both on the phone and in the letter I was told to put in the package. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Update:

Still can't access the eShop. Might have to send the console in for repair AGAIN. This is getting ridiculous.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wi...133.452770403/

I just received my Wii U today after sending it into Nintendo to get repaired. I was able to open my eShop once, but then it wouldn't let me. It keeps giving me the error code 107-3133, which Nintendo support doesn't recognize. Everything else works fine. Netflix, Miiverse, Internet browser, all that stuff. It's just the eShop that isn't working. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else fix it?

Yeah so here's what I found out with mine: if I created a new Nintendo Network ID it would let me login to the eShop one time but only once before it gave me that error code. I can create as many NNIDs as I want with the same result. I can get in once but if I leave and then immediately enter in again, it gives me that same code. I worked on the phone with Nintendo for 4 hours without a solution. We changed tons of settings in my system, I tried using a different modem and wireless router, etc. But we never found a solution. I had to send it in again. As of yesterday, they said they had no reported problems with other systems. In fact, they didn't even know of the error code before I called.

So unfortunately, it's very likely you'll have to send your system in again as well. Sorry for the bad news...

I'm getting the same error they're getting. I haven't called Nintendo yet. So frustrating.

Update 2: Looks like the system maintenance cleared up whatever problem was causing repaired Wii Us to be unable to connect to the eShop. I wonder if that was the reason for the maintenance in the first place.

Anyway, I am currently "redownloading" NSMBU; so yes, you can do that.
Last edited by RagnarokX; 11-27-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Smellycat
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:22 AM)
Smellycat's Avatar
RIP
Anticitizen One
Banned
(11-27-2012, 04:22 AM)
Anticitizen One's Avatar
mine is still going strong!
GraveRobberX
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:23 AM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar
My condolences
zroid
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:24 AM)
zroid's Avatar
During the initial NNID setup, I noticed it does ask if you want to use an existing one. Based on what Nintendo has told us, this doesn't really make any sense. Obviously they are planning to allow NNIDs to be moved across consoles... at some point.

Good luck with that Nintendo Land thing!
Trevelyan9999
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:25 AM)
Trevelyan9999's Avatar
Nintendo needs a new system wide update for the Wii U. My friends Wii U has froze at least once on every single game he owns: Nintendoland, Mario, ZombiU and Assassins Creed 3. For myself, the system was freezing a lot on Nintendoland until I changed the Mii language to English only.
JakOfTheShadows
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:26 AM)
JakOfTheShadows's Avatar

Originally Posted by RagnarokX

When it came time for my NNID, it asked for my old NNID, my NNID password, and my email address. It warned that if I continued I would no longer be able to use my NNID with other Wii U consoles. I hit ok and it sent my to the Mii maker. New console, old NNID.

After setting up your NNID on the new console did NSMBU show up as purchased on the new console allowing you to download it again?
Linkhero1
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:26 AM)
Linkhero1's Avatar
Thank you for beta testing it for us!!!

hugs wii u
Ken Masters
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:28 AM)
Ken Masters's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trevelyan9999

Nintendo needs a new system wide update for the Wii U. My friends Wii U has froze at least once on every single game he owns: Nintendoland, Mario, ZombiU and Assassins Creed 3. For myself, the system was freezing a lot on Nintendoland until I changed the Mii language to English only.

The OS needs a lot of work, freezing, slow loading being top 2 based on my experience
Last edited by Ken Masters; 11-27-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Randolph Freelander
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:29 AM)
Randolph Freelander's Avatar
Was it sitting on a wine cooler?
pargonta
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:29 AM)
pargonta's Avatar
sorry for your troubles! that can suck.

thank you for clearing up part of the account situation though
Customer Service can help with transferring accounts for bricked units then, that is settled.
Last edited by pargonta; 11-27-2012 at 04:35 AM.
DukeBobby
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:30 AM)
DukeBobby's Avatar
It lived a good life.
DragonSworne
Satoru Iwata and his Trilateral Commission cronies are suppressing the truth about Retro. Wake up, sheeple!
(11-27-2012, 04:31 AM)
DragonSworne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

The OS needs a lot of work, freezing, slow loafing being top 2 based on my experience


Multitasking too
rouken
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:31 AM)
rouken's Avatar
RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete
onQ123
Junior Member
(11-27-2012, 04:32 AM)
onQ123's Avatar

Originally Posted by RagnarokX

I got my Wii U at midnight on launch day in the US. Updated it that night and played it all day. Then last Monday I purchased NSMBU off the eshop, exited the eshop, returned to the eshop, and the system hardlocked while loading the eshop. I had no option but to unplug my Wii U. When I plugged it back in, it would power on for a second, blink once, and then power down. The blinking blue light of death.

I contacted Nintendo, and after unplugging it for 15 seconds didn't work, I shipped my Wii U back to Nintendo.

7 days later, my Wii U has arrived in the mail. It's a brand-new unit. The day-1 update was preinstalled. When it came time for my NNID, it asked for my old NNID, my NNID password, and my email address. It warned that if I continued I would no longer be able to use my NNID with other Wii U consoles. I hit ok and it sent my to the Mii maker. New console, old NNID. It had notices I had accrued while my Wii U was away.

Only negative is that my Nintendo Land disc was stuck in my Wii U and they did not return that to me. I told them it was in there, both on the phone and in the letter I was told to put in the package. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

you should have recorded it & uploaded the video to youtube 'the 1st Wii U Blue Light of Death'
LiK
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:32 AM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by rouken

RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete

dayam
RagnarokX
(11-27-2012, 04:32 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar

Originally Posted by JakOfTheShadows

After setting up your NNID on the new console did NSMBU show up marked as purchased on the new console?

Yes. But now I can't connect to the eShop again (keep getting an error), and it's not in download management.
Download management says status is "downloading". I dunno what it's downloading.
Last edited by RagnarokX; 11-27-2012 at 04:39 AM.
hitmon
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:32 AM)
hitmon's Avatar
Damn that was fast. I'm sorry about your bad luck.
LiK
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:33 AM)
LiK's Avatar
tried using the towel trick?
earvcunanan
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:33 AM)
earvcunanan's Avatar

Originally Posted by rouken

RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete

I've only ever seen red, but this is cray cray haha
Korosenai
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:34 AM)
Korosenai's Avatar
You should have just put it in a bag of rice.
Dreamwriter
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:34 AM)
Dreamwriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

The OS needs a lot of work, freezing, slow loading being top 2 based on my experience

Mine has never frozen once, in any app - note that I don't have Nintendo Land, though. Maybe that game causes the system to crash, even after you're done running it? Or maybe it's only the Deluxe set that crashes for some reason :) Or maybe it's a problem reading the discs, I haven't tried using any game discs yet.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-27-2012, 04:35 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar
The only option is to unplug it? You can't hold a button to hard shut down?
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(11-27-2012, 04:35 AM)
alr1ght's Avatar
BLOD on your hands, Nintendo.
Psychotext
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:36 AM)
Psychotext's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randolph Freelander

Was it sitting on a wine cooler?

Good times.
shinobi602
(11-27-2012, 04:36 AM)
shinobi602's Avatar
It has begun.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(11-27-2012, 04:36 AM)
BocoDragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreamwriter

Mine has never frozen once, in any app - note that I don't have Nintendo Land, though. Maybe that game causes the system to crash, even after you're done running it? Or maybe it's only the Deluxe set that crashes for some reason :) Or maybe it's a problem reading the discs, I haven't tried using any game discs yet.

Ive had zero crashes or glitches thus far on Nintendoland, Mario or the OS. Luck of the draw I guess.
Gahiggidy
My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
(11-27-2012, 04:36 AM)
Gahiggidy's Avatar
No freezes for me so far.
Turok_TTZ
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:37 AM)
Turok_TTZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by rouken

RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete

Damn you, I was gonna post this!
DMPrince
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:37 AM)
DMPrince's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

The only option is to unplug it? You can't hold a button to hard shut down?

nope. i had it once during setting exit. twice during sonic racing.
WiiRevolution1
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:37 AM)
WiiRevolution1's Avatar

Originally Posted by rouken

RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete

Maybe these will be the endings in the next Mass Effect game.

Anywayz: Sorry to hear that yours and anyone elses WiiU dying. I'm glad that mine has worked for nearly 40 hours of playtime but I am always worried about it.

Good to see everything was still in place with NiN and stuff. Did your Activity Log also get transfered over?
fart town usa
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:37 AM)
fart town usa's Avatar
That's rough.

I've had mine lock up twice but I had some sessions with zombiU that lasted a good 8 hours. I also left it paused one night for about 4 hours and it froze up.

Ditto on the people commenting on how slow the OS is.

It's really weird. Nintendo seemed to be the only one out of the big 3 who made it a point to mask loading screens and whatnot. The WiiU loads just to load a loading screen. It's really bizarre.
RagnarokX
(11-27-2012, 04:37 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

The only option is to unplug it? You can't hold a button to hard shut down?

Obviously I tried that. Unplugging is always a last resort.
RAWi
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:39 AM)
RAWi's Avatar

Originally Posted by rouken

RED. YELLOW. BLUE.

The circle is complete

So... can I say now that this year 2012 is the end of the world D:?

--

So, more updates and patches to come?
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(11-27-2012, 04:40 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

The only option is to unplug it? You can't hold a button to hard shut down?

Yes, from what I have read.

Originally Posted by JakOfTheShadows

After setting up your NNID on the new console did NSMBU show up as purchased on the new console allowing you to download it again?


Important!
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-27-2012, 04:42 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Yes, from what I have read.

Important!

I wanted to be clear when I asked but that ain't right if you have to cut power like that.

And that is an important inquiry that hopefully he can clarify with honesty.
Drago
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:43 AM)
Drago's Avatar

Originally Posted by RagnarokX

When it came time for my NNID, it asked for my old NNID, my NNID password, and my email address. It warned that if I continued I would no longer be able to use my NNID with other Wii U consoles. I hit ok and it sent my to the Mii maker. New console, old NNID.

Originally Posted by RagnarokX

Yes. But now I can't connect to the eShop again (keep getting an error), and it's not in download management.
Download management says status is "downloading". I dunno what it's downloading.

Well, this is good news I guess. You can transfer accounts and purchases at the expense of deactivating it on the old console. Hooray?
Fewr
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:45 AM)
Fewr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drago

Well, this is good news I guess. You can transfer accounts and purchases at the expense of deactivating it on the old console. Hooray?

Good enough for me, I get to keep my purchased games even if my system dies.
IrishNinja
(11-27-2012, 04:47 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
am i understanding OP right, so accounts can be recovered then?
pargonta
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:48 AM)
pargonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

am i understanding OP right, so accounts can be recovered then?

by nintendo customer service only, after sending in a bricked console, yeah.
olubode
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Important!

Very. So Nintendo is being overly cautious in moving your NNID around. Maybe it has to do with the OS/Infrastructure not being ready at launch.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-27-2012, 04:49 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by pargonta

by nintendo customer service only, after sending in a bricked console, yeah.

hmmm so theoretically I could overheat my system if I want to transfer and send it into Nintendo?!?

I only kid there as I really want the option to do this myself and not have to send it in.
pargonta
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:52 AM)
pargonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

hmmm so theoretically I could overheat my system if I want to transfer and send it into Nintendo?!?

I only kid there as I really want the option to do this myself and not have to send it in.

same same.

i wonder what the guideline is for a disk in the broken system. ive never been in this position, but op i hope you can wrangle that one back lol.
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(11-27-2012, 04:54 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

I wanted to be clear when I asked but that ain't right if you have to cut power like that.

People have been getting tons of hardlocks and the only way from what I gleamed is to pull the plug. Just commenting.
Amagon
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:55 AM)
Amagon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randolph Freelander

Was it sitting on a wine cooler?

Let us not forget.

Replicant
There's a duck in the room
There's a duck i-OWWWW
(11-27-2012, 04:55 AM)
Replicant's Avatar
Already? What should we call it? WUD?
RagnarokX
(11-27-2012, 04:56 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar

Originally Posted by olubode

Very. So Nintendo is being overly cautious in moving your NNID around. Maybe it has to do with the OS/Infrastructure not being ready at launch.

I think it's because there are very few good reasons you would need to do an account transfer this close to launch that wouldn't involve you sending your system in for repairs. It's not a pressing concern for Nintendo at the moment.
Medalion
Banned
(11-27-2012, 04:56 AM)
Medalion's Avatar
Maybe it was trying to tell you something
GraveRobberX
Member
(11-27-2012, 04:58 AM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Replicant

Already? What should we call it? WUD?

BLOD (Blue Light of Death) CLOT! (Console Lost, Obituary Time)

My WiiU, BLOD CLOT!

Hilarious

RROD
YLOD
BLOD CLOT

Next Gen is gonna be hilarious

Most likely Durango = WLOD (White)
Orbis = OLOD (Orange)
Last edited by GraveRobberX; 11-27-2012 at 05:09 AM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-27-2012, 05:00 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by pargonta

same same.

i wonder what the guideline is for a disk in the broken system. ive never been in this position, but op i hope you can wrangle that one back lol.

He should be able to. I know other companies work with you especially if there's a paper trailer and documentation of things.

Originally Posted by Hazaro

People have been getting tons of hardlocks and the only way from what I gleamed is to pull the plug. Just commenting.

It wasn't a problem as I think we seem to have a clear answer now.

Thread Tools