• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

electroplankton
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:16 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by pizzaroll

Game? Just one?

Yes. And even a rip-off.
Risette
A Good Citizen
(08-06-2012, 12:17 AM)
Risette's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

Yeah, how he dare... even one of that famous games was guilty the same thing he was complaining about.

Wrong... Okami bombed too hard to be famous :>
EulaCapra
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:17 AM)
EulaCapra's Avatar
What a tool.

The greatest tool of all: a real man! :swoons:
Man
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:17 AM)
Man's Avatar
Will be interesting to see how well they are able to translate Smash to the 3DS (and if this in effect influences the Wii-U version).
PlayStation Smash is running @ 60fps on a 5" HD Oled screen and some people find the screen just barely large enough to keep up with the action.
The PS Smash online and netcode is supposedly superb.
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:17 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by prwxv3

wat first impressions about the game from people that played it back then were pretty positive.

It does admittedly not *look* as fun as it plays. I think it's because the game is (believe it or not) following a very different formula than what people are used to, and you're not really sure what to pay attention to.

But yes, the actual hands-on impressions for this game have been almost unanimously positive, from event booths to the beta.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(08-06-2012, 12:18 AM)
Gorillaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen_Arcade

A significant improvement in the Super Smash Brothers formula that both sets it apart and can be used to expand it's idea.

Grab and hold exploit isn't in this game and there will probably be patching of character post launch. Brawl dropped the ball due to the fact the online was barebones and lackluster. Let's not forget characters that were unbalanced. There was literally no support post launch.


And Post launch support isn't just DLC. I still love Brawl but wish it got the support it deserved post launch, so hoping this gets some love post launch.


Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

Im just saying it's a closed beta and most of the people playing the beta are the hardcore Sony faithful. As in they sought out ways to play the game early. I've owned a PS3 since launch and I didn't get in. Isn't there a chance we should wait until they cast a larger net before we declare it the next big thing.

...Their are a few smash players (me) that are playing it.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:18 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

Im just saying it's a closed beta and most of the people playing the beta are the hardcore Sony faithful. As in they sought out ways to play the game early. I've owned a PS3 since launch and I didn't get in. Isn't there a chance we should wait until they cast a larger net before we declare it the next big thing.

Maybe, but the thing that brought the whole topic up was a post saying that there is no way this game ends up being good, which you could say the exact same thing to.
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:19 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

More Kamiya being awesome:

LOL, the dude in these tweets deleted his Twitter account.

Kamiya wins again.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:19 AM)

Originally Posted by pizzaroll

Wrong... Okami bombed too hard to be famous :>

But is getting a Port... again ; - ;
prwxv3
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:19 AM)
prwxv3's Avatar

Originally Posted by pizzaroll

Wrong... Okami bombed too hard to be famous :>

Its pretty famous among core gamers (I hate using that word)
ViewtifulJC
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:19 AM)
ViewtifulJC's Avatar
1,000 posts because the God of Video Games said he doesn't like a game
Nabs
(08-06-2012, 12:20 AM)
Nabs's Avatar
I need to start following him. This stuff is gold.
Holy Order Sol
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Chindogg

I have no idea why people think that they'll get a PR statement from Kamiya. He's the guy who told Itagaki to literally eat a dick for talking shit about Devil May Cry.

Amazing.

<3 Kamiya
Don'tBeWeird
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:21 AM)
Don'tBeWeird's Avatar

Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

That seemed to be the popular opinion at the time.

It wasn't. PS All Stars largely received positive feedback from the press from the moment it was first revealed. Yes, there was a little skepticism, naturally, but most people who actually played it had nothing but praise for it.
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:21 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

LOL, the dude in these tweets deleted his Twitter account.

Kamiya wins again.

Probably because he got bombed by people following this.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Fancy Corndog

Probably because he got bombed by people following this.

But... But... Kamiya is so awesome, he can be a douche and not be called for...
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
(08-06-2012, 12:25 AM)
Raging Spaniard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dragonzord

Shouldn't be be working on his game? What's up with Japanese devs on Twitter all day

Yeah because God forbid people ever leave work and have some personal time.

Kamiya is right, its a ripoff and he doesnt like it. Neither do I.
Colonel Nasty
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:26 AM)
Colonel Nasty's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Maybe, but the thing that brought the whole topic up was a post saying that there is no way this game ends up being good, which you could say the exact same thing to.

I dont doubt the game ends up being good, and hopefully makes Nintendo innovate with Smash. I was just saying the Sony faithful have taken this "attack" as an attack on Sony. When really he's just saying what anybody would naturally think when they see the game.

Originally Posted by Forever

LOL, the dude in these tweets deleted his Twitter account.

Kamiya wins again.

Dude just couldn't handle the spanking Lord Kamiya gave him. Classic.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:27 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

Im just saying it's a closed beta and most of the people playing the beta are the hardcore Sony faithful. As in they sought out ways to play the game early. I've owned a PS3 since launch and I didn't get in. Isn't there a chance we should wait until they cast a larger net before we declare it the next big thing.

I gain nothing from playing a game that is terrible but I wish was good. The beta is fun to play, the only thing holding me back from playing it too much is that it can stall when loading up, have a good amount of issues finding players, it can freeze on loading, and there is a chance you can encounter a glitch while playing the game. At worse you'd have to restart the PS3 manually, but I still go back at it because I enjoy the feeling of winning, preventing a rival that I notice from winning, or killing sly. it's not as clear cut as a frequent Playstation owner. I really like fighting games so it helps. Loading up another match is quick enough (may get delayed by previously stated glitches).

I expect the online glitch loading stuff to be fixed in the final game. That's pretty much the whole point of the beta at the moment anyway. Anyway, I love everyone.

Group Hug everybody!
Hyuga
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:27 AM)
Hyuga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Yeah because God forbid people ever leave work and have some personal time.

Kamiya is right, its a ripoff and he doesnt like it. Neither do I.

"Other guy is right because he shares my opinion."
This thread is a goldmine.
MYE
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:28 AM)
MYE's Avatar
I love you Kamiya
Drencrom
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:28 AM)
Drencrom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teetris

He don give a fuck about GAF

:(

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

It gets hard trying not to downright laugh at some of the comments here guys

Go ahead man, take every chance you get to laugh at fanboys slinging shit at each other.
ShockingAlberto
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:28 AM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hyuga

"Other guy is right because he shares my opinion."

...

What?
Huff
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:29 AM)
Huff's Avatar
I don't he's being that witty on twitter with his comebacks. Use your brain? Meh
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 12:29 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drencrom

Go ahead man, take every chance you get to laugh at fanboys slinging shit at each other.

dangerous game, learnt to avoid it the hard way
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:29 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar
Building a Kamiya shrine now.
MrChocolate
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:32 AM)
MrChocolate's Avatar
I dont even know who is being sarcastic in this thread and who isnt ._.!
Its like everyone is trolling everyone at max speed.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:32 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

I dont doubt the game ends up being good, and hopefully makes Nintendo innovate with Smash. I was just saying the Sony faithful have taken this "attack" as an attack on Sony. When really he's just saying what anybody would naturally think when they see the game.

I don't personally care if someone wants to take an attack at Sony, but I think all of these people using double standards to completely dismiss the game are insane. No one I've seen has explained why Mortal Kombat or Uncharted or Darksiders doesn't get the type of hate that this game is hating.
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
(08-06-2012, 12:32 AM)
Raging Spaniard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hyuga

"Other guy is right because he shares my opinion."
This thread is a goldmine.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said the game is a ripoff, how is he wrong? Its a fact, plain and simple.
Zekes!
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:32 AM)
Zekes!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by MrChocolate

I dont even know who is being sarcastic in this thread and who isnt ._.!
Its like everyone is trolling everyone at max speed.

And Kamiya sits in his iron throne above it all, with loads of babes, basking in the chaos
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 12:33 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

He said the game is a ripoff, how is he wrong? Its a fact, plain and simple.

I think even the devs said it at one point
Dariso
Junior Member
(08-06-2012, 12:34 AM)
Dariso's Avatar
Wow kamiya causing this battlefield with a simple opinion lol.
Remember that he really wants to make a star fox game so he's on the right path.
Atmej
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:34 AM)
Atmej's Avatar

Originally Posted by MCD

No wonder all his recent games bombed.

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

Because his comments about a Sony title traveled back in time?

This thread is full of funny posts but this exchange takes the cake. The mental image it gave is just too hilarious.
BeautifulMemory
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:34 AM)
BeautifulMemory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zekes!

And Kamiya sits in his iron throne above it all, with loads of babes, basking in the chaos

Too bad he seems not to read GAF. Can you imagine he waking up to this thread?

Originally Posted by Zekes!

And Kamiya sits in his iron throne above it all, with loads of Brazilian babes, basking in the chaos

Added a bit extra.

And I will be on the floor, cleaning his gold plated shoes.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said the game is a ripoff, how is he wrong? Its a fact, plain and simple.

I agree that is a rip off, but the part when he says "Is morally wrong" is where I disagree, even if is "his opinion only" .
Hyuga
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:35 AM)
Hyuga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said the game is a ripoff, how is he wrong? Its a fact, plain and simple.

A rip-off? Like... Zelda/Okami? My god, I love these "facts".
They are so "plain and simple".....oh, and "morally wrong"!
Uno Venova
(08-06-2012, 12:35 AM)
Uno Venova's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He said the game is a ripoff, how is he wrong? Its a fact, plain and simple.

Don't see how this is fact.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:35 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drencrom

Go ahead man, take every chance you get to laugh at fanboys slinging shit at each other.


And yet you've found a way see yourself above both sides, despite not contributing anything worthwhile to any discussion. I'm sorry but I am getting sick of these "LOL people are having an arguement on a video game message board" posts. I don't know what you are doing here if you think those things are stupid.

People on both sides have their own views, and message boards like these are made of a exchange of viewpoints. I maybe strong in my opinions for PSAS and against Kamiya in this one instance, but that doesn't mean I can't respect the other side. That's why I choose to argue with them. These type of posts are just disrespectful to everyone with no good reason.

I wish we could have these arguments without a bunch of people coming in and saying both sides are funny/dumb and jumping out of the topic without adding anything of value.
Huff
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:35 AM)
Huff's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

I think even the devs said it at one point

People get upset because rip off has a negative connotation while inspired by sounds positive/neutral.

And they mean basically the same thing
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey
(08-06-2012, 12:37 AM)
Auto_aim1's Avatar
His Twitter acc is an absolute goldmine; everyone needs to be following it! Most of us know that PSABR is a highly inspired game so no need to get all defensive. He isn't sugar coating his opinions that's for sure.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(08-06-2012, 12:38 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Huff

People get upset because rip off has a negative connotation while inspired by sounds positive/neutral.

And they mean basically the same thing

Pretty much this. Although in this case, Kamiya seems to talk more like it is a carbon copy because he says "throw away morals". That it is a stolen copy and it shouldnt be "allowed". At least that is how i understand it.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(08-06-2012, 12:38 AM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Yeah because God forbid people ever leave work and have some personal time.

Kamiya is right, its a ripoff and he doesnt like it. Neither do I.

lol yeah man, that's what i said. because every other developer on twitter spends all fucking day tweeting.
jim-jam bongs
most certainly will not be getting forcibly fucked by a gigantic canoe
(08-06-2012, 12:39 AM)
jim-jam bongs's Avatar
as someone who has no interest in either game I'd just like to say that this thread was a hilarious rollercoaster ride of thrills, spills and shills.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 12:40 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Huff

People get upset because rip off has a negative connotation while inspired by sounds positive/neutral.

And they mean basically the same thing

They are not stupid, they know they start this from a low point considering it is indeed a ripoff. I just personally dont think they have the game to back it up. It's like a Move situation. It was a ripoff but people didnt write it off because it was just Sony's version of the Wiimote, they did because it was bad and didnt have the software to support it (no need to say that obviously some people think it does, same way people will think this game is amazing even if it turns out to be plain bad or mediocre for most).
JABEE
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:41 AM)
JABEE's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperSonic1305

I can't wait for the deluge of complaints when a demo comes out and people bitch about how it doesn't play like Smash Bros after all this bullshit. This crap is only going to make the games reception even more negative because people are expecting it to actually be Smash Bros and it isn't. Instead of going in with an open mind people will just be turned off completely.

The response will be "I thought this was a Smash Brothers clone. Why is this unique and different?"
Canis lupus
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

This is one of the interesting differences between Japanese and Western development. Cribbing influence in western games isn't seen as a bad thing - you take what's big, you improve on it, and you hopefully become the new standard-bearer. In Japan, they inefficiently try to reinvent the wheel each time and it costs both creativity and polish time during development.

The rise of UE3 in the west can be considered a direct reason for this, too.

Agree. Thats why Kamiya brands this as ripoff, if such logic was common sense there would only be 25 unique games that invented a game genre and everything else branded as ripoff.
Spieler Eins
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:42 AM)
Spieler Eins's Avatar

Originally Posted by jim-jam bongs

as someone who has no interest in either game I'd just like to say that this thread was a hilarious rollercoaster ride of thrills, spills and shills.

Agreed, the only Smash-esque game I've enjoyed is Jump Stars so I don't care for either ,,side'' as this point, but what I know is that I need more Kamiya Twitter in my life from now on.
soldat7
(08-06-2012, 12:42 AM)
soldat7's Avatar
Kamiya makes me want to use my brain more.

Thread Tools