• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Acquiescence
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:45 AM)
Acquiescence's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

In other news, I find it endlessly amusing that the other thread has now transformed exclusively into a support group for the butthurt to console each other after that smackdown from The King.

Wow, and this is the OP as well. Keep rockin' that agenda dude!
frAntic_Frog
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

The Sony fans have taken a turn for the worse since they no longer reignconsole supreme. Does anybody remember the Killzone 2 threads? I guess this is Sonys big first party title for the fall so it makes sense for them to migrate there.

sales wars aside, sony fans dont have to worry about the company killing off its games development just because next gen is around the corner (unlike some other competitor) nor does it have to worry about the company turning its first party into casual games galore (unlike some other competitor)
cartman414
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:46 AM)
Snap. Gunning for Itagaki's rep?
Fjordson
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:47 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Perkel

So what if this is rip-off ?
Totaly don't understand him.
He is living in paradise where noone copy anyone.

Good ideas tend to be popularized.

Also i still think it will sell horribly (all star)

Yeah, I guess I'm not seeing the big deal..

The bit about this game making people "throw away their morals" or whatever is crazy melodramatic, but whatever. Obvious influences/homages/rip-offs are nothing new for the entertainment biz.
FrostuTheNinja
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:48 AM)
FrostuTheNinja's Avatar
What's up with that Crash picture floating around? Confirmed? Fake?
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:48 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Hitcher89

I'm sorry to have been involved in this thread

thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:48 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

In other news, I find it endlessly amusing that the other thread has now transformed exclusively into a support group for the butthurt to console each other after that smackdown from The King.

Thanks, now maybe people can see that post I accidently posted in the wrong topic.
zroid
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Wow, some of those responses are douchebaggery. I understand that he's a bit frustrated, but telling someone he would punch them?

That tweet wasn't directly related to the rip-off stuff. It's Kamiya, he always says whatever the fuck.

He probably replied that way because he thought it was a stupid question. he was right
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:50 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrostuTheNinja

What's up with that Crash picture floating around? Confirmed? Fake?

Yep fake.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Wow, some of those responses are douchebaggery. I understand that he's a bit frustrated, but telling someone he would punch them?

He is being a douche in twitter like Phil Fish was, in my opinion.

But I didn't boycott Fish neither him.
clemenx
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:50 AM)
clemenx's Avatar
How in the hell is this thread so long...
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 12:51 AM)
Salsa's Avatar
Kamiya knows his shit.


and this is amazing

Kusagari
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:52 AM)
Kusagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by frAntic_Frog

sales wars aside, sony fans dont have to worry about the company killing off its games development just because next gen is around the corner (unlike some other competitor) nor does it have to worry about the company turning its first party into casual games galore (unlike some other competitor)

They do have to worry about their company going out of business.
EmCeeGramr
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:52 AM)
EmCeeGramr's Avatar

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Wow, some of those responses are douchebaggery. I understand that he's a bit frustrated, but telling someone he would punch them?

lol

Originally Posted by frAntic_Frog

sales wars aside, sony fans dont have to worry about the company killing off its games development just because next gen is around the corner (unlike some other competitor) nor does it have to worry about the company turning its first party into casual games galore (unlike some other competitor)

this goddamned thread
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:52 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

Wow, and this is the OP as well. Keep rockin' that agenda dude!

Oh no, you found me out, I agree with Kamiya! Frankly it's sad to watch gamers across two threads embarrass themselves by attacking a man like Hideki fucking Kamiya for stating the obvious, but that's why this thread is 20 pages long now.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:53 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by clemenx

How in the hell is this thread so long...

If this thread causes one extra Gaffer to be added to the members who play PSAS list it's a worthy thread.
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
(08-06-2012, 12:53 AM)
Fersis's Avatar
#TeamKamiya
bon
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:53 AM)
bon's Avatar

Originally Posted by frAntic_Frog

analogy time!

Smash brothers is to Playstation AllStars as........ DMC is to Bayonetta May Cry? Metal Gear May Cry Revegenence?

oh my god
guys, Kamiya made DMC
Kamiya made DMC
oh my god you guys
FrostuTheNinja
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:55 AM)
FrostuTheNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Yep fake.

I'm actually bummed. The roster seems so padded and the only characters I really care about are Jak and Parappa. :/ I'll still grab it at release, as this genre is a weak point for me. Hell, I bought Onimusha Blade Warriors, DreamMix TV and Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble on/around release and most of them are crap, but I still enjoyed the novelty.

Christ, I'd love for Little Ralph or Rudy to be in this...
Dog Problems
Banned
(08-06-2012, 12:56 AM)
Dog Problems's Avatar
I love Kamiya. His replies always make me laugh.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-06-2012, 12:56 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kusagari

They do have to worry about their company going out of business.

The way I see it is that's a problem I'm happy that I don't have to deal with currently. Right now I have no money down on PS4 and even if PS4 don't happen there will be options (I mainly play on PC these day anyway).
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 12:56 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by StuBurns

I don't know why, tons of games rip each other off, but this one does give me the creeps a little bit. Like Dante's Inferno/GoW style.

I was willing to give it a chance but honestly it looks so souless to me. Everything from the third-party heavy roster, to looking exactly like smash bros and altering the formula so little, to the fact that they use like a Justice song in every video instead of an OST.

It just looks dead to me, something's clearly missing.

Again: my opinion you crazy people.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:00 AM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

Again: my opinion you crazy people.

But... But... I disagree ; - ;
To Far Away Times
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:01 AM)
To Far Away Times's Avatar
Well, I'm pretty sure history will prove him right.

Everything we've seen so far is Sony's (not quite Nintendo quality) characters in what looks like a conceptually poor Smash Bros clone.

I'd be shocked if the game actually ends up as anything noteworthy.
Napalm_Frank
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:01 AM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar
Superbot should rip off bayonetta :3.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(08-06-2012, 01:02 AM)
test_account's Avatar
I must admit earlier that i thought Devil May Cry was made by Konami for some reason. Maybe it was because i thought it the latest Castlevania game for some reason. But DMC is of course a Capcom game, sorry about the mixup.


Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

Well, I'm pretty sure history will prove him right.

Everything we've seen so far is Sony's (not quite Nintendo quality) characters in what looks like a conceptually poor Smash Bros clone.

I'd be shocked if the game actually ends up as anything noteworthy.

Just for the record, what requires it to be anything noteworthy?
Huff
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:03 AM)
Huff's Avatar

Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

Well, I'm pretty sure history will prove him right.

Everything we've seen so far is Sony's (not quite Nintendo quality) characters in what looks like a conceptually poor Smash Bros clone.

I'd be shocked if the game actually ends up as anything noteworthy.

I dont really care about this game, but what history are we talkin about?
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:04 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

Well, I'm pretty sure history will prove him right.

Everything we've seen so far is Sony's (not quite Nintendo quality) characters in what looks like a conceptually poor Smash Bros clone.

I'd be shocked if the game actually ends up as anything noteworthy.

I have yet to see anyone in the beta think this is a cheep, poorly done game that plays mostly like smash. Basically everyone says it plays very differently and some people say it plays even better. If you've played the beta or a demo and disagree you are welcome to discuss it in our beta thread.
Spirit of Jazz
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:05 AM)
Spirit of Jazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by bon

oh my god
guys, Kamiya made DMC
Kamiya made DMC
oh my god you guys

It's amusing that he decided to miss out Okami given that's the closest thing the man's done to a "rip-off".
Colonel Nasty
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:07 AM)
Colonel Nasty's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

I have yet to see anyone in the beta think this is a cheep, poorly done game that plays mostly like smash. Basically everyone says it plays very differently and some people say it plays even better. If you've played the beta or a demo and disagree you are welcome to discuss it in our beta thread.

PlayStation fans like Playstation game...
Zen_Arcade
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by test_account

I must admit earlier that i thought Devil May Cry was made by Konami for some reason. Maybe it was because i thought it the latest Castlevania game for some reason. But DMC is of course a Capcom game, sorry about the mixup.



Just for the record, what requires it to be anything noteworthy?

A significant improvement in the Super Smash Brothers formula that both sets it apart and can be used to expand it's idea.
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:09 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

PlayStation fans like Playstation game...

"Almost every single person who plays the game loves it!"
"They're all biased."
Boney
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:10 AM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

More Kamiya being awesome:

this is amazing
King Boo
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:10 AM)
he's right that it's a ripoff. but so what? who doesn't want to have chris redfield punch kratos in the face? (note: i don't know the character roster)

if i owned a ps3, i would get the game.
GhostWriter24
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:10 AM)
GhostWriter24's Avatar
Adapt or die, Kamiya.
Hyuga
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:10 AM)
Hyuga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

Oh no, you found me out, I agree with Kamiya! Frankly it's sad to watch gamers across two threads embarrass themselves by attacking a man like Hideki fucking Kamiya for stating the obvious, but that's why this thread is 20 pages long now.

Some "guy" talks shit about a game he never played.
But yeah, it is really embarrassing. How in the world can we criticize him for that?
I mean, hey.... he developed a famous game. His words are stronger than our words!

Wow, .... what a thread!
Go ahead, "forever".
Risette
A Good Citizen
(08-06-2012, 01:11 AM)
Risette's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hyuga

Some "guy" talks shit about a game he never played.
But yeah, it is really embarrassing. How in the world can we criticize him for that?
I mean, hey.... he developed a famous game. His words are stronger than our words!

Wow, .... what a thread!
Go ahead, "forever".

Game? Just one?
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:11 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

PlayStation fans like Playstation game...

Eh, I've played the smash bros series more hours than any other series in my life. From the beta I think this game plays better than Smash Bros. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to look forward to Namco's Smash Bros either. There is a smoothness to the moves and quickness of the action that just feels very good.
Don'tBeWeird
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:11 AM)
Don'tBeWeird's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

PlayStation fans like Playstation game...

I've seen some XBOX fans and Nintendo fans with positive impressions too.
Nemo
Will Eat Your Children
(08-06-2012, 01:12 AM)
Nemo's Avatar
He don give a fuck about GAF
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 01:12 AM)
Salsa's Avatar
okay so I dont wanna be that guy and I certainly dont intend to call out specific users or anything like that, and I wont mock since there's no point to it other than possibly getting banned over meaningless "flaming", but I will say this to see if it helps with the fight going on in my insides:

It gets hard trying not to downright laugh at some of the comments here guys
test_account
XP-39Cē
(08-06-2012, 01:12 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Nasty

PlayStation fans like Playstation game...

No need to generalize like that.


Originally Posted by Zen_Arcade

A significant improvement in the Super Smash Brothers formula that both sets it apart and can be used to expand it's idea.

I see. About improvement, it is already quite different from the SSB formula. But if that is an improvement or not is subjective, depends on what one like the best.
To Far Away Times
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:13 AM)
To Far Away Times's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

I must admit earlier that i thought Devil May Cry was made by Konami for some reason. Maybe it was because i thought it the latest Castlevania game for some reason. But DMC is of course a Capcom game, sorry about the mixup.



Just for the record, what requires it to be anything noteworthy?

For me, I'd say it's a game that has a quality that allows it to rise above other games, a game worth coming back to years later.

Originally Posted by Huff

I dont really care about this game, but what history are we talkin about?

Yeah, should have used future tense there I guess. I thought I was clear enough.

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

I have yet to see anyone in the beta think this is a cheep, poorly done game that plays mostly like smash. Basically everyone says it plays very differently and some people say it plays even better. If you've played the beta or a demo and disagree you are welcome to discuss it in our beta thread.

I haven't played it personally, but the game looked very poor in preview videos. That seemed to be the popular opinion at the time. Maybe things have improved?
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:14 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen_Arcade

A significant improvement in the Super Smash Brothers formula that both sets it apart and can be used to expand it's idea.

It has an actual combo system.
JAYinHD
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:14 AM)
JAYinHD's Avatar

Originally Posted by LastWindow

I love Kamiya. His replies always make me laugh.

I know and the fact he has so many people butthurt is hilarious.
Colonel Nasty
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:15 AM)
Colonel Nasty's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fancy Corndog

"Almost every single person who plays the game loves it!"
"They're all biased."

Im just saying it's a closed beta and most of the people playing the beta are the hardcore Sony faithful. As in they sought out ways to play the game early. I've owned a PS3 since launch and I didn't get in. Isn't there a chance we should wait until they cast a larger net before we declare it the next big thing.
prwxv3
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:16 AM)
prwxv3's Avatar

Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

I haven't played it personally, but the game looked very poor in preview videos. That seemed to be the popular opinion at the time. Maybe things have improved?

wat first impressions about the game from people that played it back then were pretty positive.
EYEL1NER
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:16 AM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar
"If you could punch anyone who would it be?"
"You."

Goddamn! Kamiya is a fucking stud.
Hopefully he picks up where he left off in the next couple days because I want to see what he says next.

Originally Posted by JAYinHD

I know and the fact he has so many people butthurt is hilarious.

I'm certainly enjoying it.
This is the Internet. People talk shit on games all the time. Fuck, people here shit all over certain games on a regular basis.
I don't see why Kamiya is getting called out when there are probably hundreds of people trolling games over on GameFAQS right now.

Guy on twitter: "Seems like a bad idea for a game developer to have..."
Come on, give me a break.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by pizzaroll

Game? Just one?

Yeah, how he dare... even one of that famous games was guilty the same thing he was complaining about.


Originally Posted by Boney

this is amazing

He is being as awesome as Phil Fish, Hell Yeah!
test_account
XP-39Cē
(08-06-2012, 01:16 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by To Far Away Times

For me, I'd say it's a game that has a quality that allows it to rise above other games, a game worth coming back to years later.

I understand. Only time will tell if it is worth coming back to years later :)

Thread Tools