• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Wilbur
his true nature revealed
(05-04-2012, 12:30 PM)
Wilbur's Avatar

Originally Posted by CelticFC#1

You've got a brilliant player in Miller, who's starting today. He's got everything and is definitely the successor to Roy Keane's throne at Man Utd.

Losing him to Man Utd was arguably last season's lowest ebb for me.

Good luck to him though, we'll miss him. :(

Incredible
kharma45
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:31 PM)
kharma45's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

This is the reason for why I'll never like the Glazer. They are leeches that feed off the success of United.



Imagine if some of that money had been used for transfers instead of paying off debt.

I try not to think about it lol just got to make the best of what we have now.

So much money wasted :(
fadetoblack
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:36 PM)
fadetoblack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kenka

In other news, the oldest club still active at a professional level, Notts County, is turning 150 (!) years old this year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notts_County_F.C.

Auguri! Fratelli since 1903 :)
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:40 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

This is the reason for why I'll never like the Glazers. They are leeches that feed off the success of United.

Imagine if some of that money had been used for transfers instead of paying off debt.

The real killer is the £500m of the clubs money that has been pissed away for literally nothing.

An incredible amount of the clubs money which could have been used on players and just generally for the clubs betterment.

Even now we're wasting £50m every year in interest payments. That £50m would make a mean transfer budget each summer.

Just depressing really.

Edit - The one thing the Glazers have done well is whored the club the maximise revenue. Just a shame we don't really see any benefit from it. I hope to God the IPO works out. It could make a big difference.
Rikkun
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:41 PM)
Rikkun's Avatar
Happy Birthday Notts!
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 12:44 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Carbonox_Ratchet

Lots of new players? Make that 4 new players and 2 returning faces in Ben Arfa (who is injured again) and Gosling (who looks sharp). We've got rid of Nolan and will be getting rid of Barton and Enrique.

Top 4? No. Not while Mike Ashley and his munch bunch are in charge. Note that we had actual talent throughout the team back when we were last Champions League participants, as well as having Sir Bobby Robson in charge.

I was optimistic of our chances for next season but the lack of new transfers and the farce surrounding Barton and Enrique suggest we might be heading downhill again.

Originally Posted by UnblessedSoul

I knew Mike Ashley would ruin Newcastle, every other club has millionaires who spend, us? Nah lets get relegated again

Originally Posted by Galvanise_

Of all the clubs in the premier league, Newcastle have had the most damage done to their squad over the summer. Losing Nolan was big and losing Barton will be an even bigger loss.

If they don't pull in a few more hardened 'dig in' players than they'll be in a relegation scrap.

Where the fuck has that Andy Carroll money gone?

If you'd have told me last December that Carroll, Nolan and Barton would be leaving, I'd have said 'they are fucked'. Now its happening/happened.

Originally Posted by bbagwell

Everton fan predicting a season full of Geordie guts being bared at St. James Park and a bottom half finish for the Toon. You have all the money and no squad - Everton are the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by alexthekid

I sincerely thought that you were being sarcastic. I cant for the love of god imagine how we could ever become something better then a mid premiership club(at best). With the current management. If we develop some talent, Mike will just ship it away and not put a cent of it back into the squad. A while ago it felt like we could have something interesting developing but the last months have just confirmed what we all knew about the management.

I have also finally understood that there will never ever be another number 9. Hold me GAF:,(

Originally Posted by Meadows

EPL is inaccurate too, as there is a Welsh team this season (Swansea) who will be my 3rd team (Liverpool>Bolton(family team)>Swansea(welsh)>ABU)

edit: Oh, just saw that OP thinks NUFC "are" a top 4 club. They'll be lucky to avoid the bottom half of the table. I'd say they're tipped for relegation with their shite squad.

Just saw these posts in a separate Newcastle thread.

Bahahahaha. Shame on you all. A lot of naysayers eating crow right now.
Clegg
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:48 PM)
Clegg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

The real killer is the £500m of the clubs money that has been pissed away for literally nothing.

An incredible amount of the clubs money which could have been used on players and just generally for the clubs betterment.

Even now we're wasting £50m every year in interest payments. That £50m would make a mean transfer budget each summer.

Just depressing really.

Edit - The one thing the Glazers have done well is whored the club the maximise revenue. Just a shame we don't really see any benefit from it. I hope to God the IPO works out. It could make a big difference.

If the IPO is successful then it could definitely lead to a significant reduction of the debt.

I'm not sure if thats what the Glazers will do though. They are going to keep some of that money for themselves. How much they'll take for themselves is the big question imo.
Ushojax
Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(05-04-2012, 12:48 PM)
Ushojax's Avatar
Parker potentially available on Sunday. Please god leave him on the bench, it's no surprise that with Gallas/Sandro replacing King/Parker we have started winning again.
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:53 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

If the IPO is successful then it could definitely lead to a significant reduction of the debt.

I'm not sure if thats what the Glazers will do though. They are going to keep some of that money for themselves. How much they'll take for themselves is the big question imo.

They'll definitely take some money out for themselves; IMO at least £200m to cover the cost of the PIK debt which was mysteriously paid off.

But the IPO won't succeed unless they plan to put some money back into the club and they will have to lay out their financial plans before it floats.

The biggest problem IMO will be the valuation they put on the club. They were planning to float at a valuation of something like £2bn last time. Can't see the club being worth that much. If they manage to float something like 25% for £400m, that's a valuation of just over £1.5bn. Still optimistic but I can see it reaching that, just. If that money is split half way between them and us...it could be really helpful.

Concern would be how they would split the voting shares and whether or not there will be a dividend to pay.

We're going to lose so much revenue from this season's CL failure too. Luckily the DHL deal will help ease that slightly. Also the Nike renewal is soon. We really need to push a massive deal there. £35m at least.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 12:53 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by PantyPhantom

Haha, that was awesome.

This is funny aswell,

http://youtu.be/9wALiyDM_Nk

Oh boy Van Bommel is a big fat joke.

Holy shit that was crazy. 16 yellow, 4 red. What a brutal match :lol
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 12:55 PM)
Choc's Avatar

Originally Posted by choodi

I knew I didn't like you for a reason...a referee AND a Sunderland fan! jk ;) Good luck on reaching the A-League.

I have always said that one area that the FFA needs to invest in is better quality refereeing. What is the support like from the FFA? Do they actually invest in your development?

Another thing that disappoints me is the lack of former professional players who choose to go into refereeing. This is a worldwide problem, not just an Australian problem. Players seem to like abusing referees, but none of them ever try to do a better job, do they...

The only example of a professional player in any sport making a transition to officiating is Australian cricketer Paul Reiffel. Everyone else seems to think they would be better tv pundits or "managers".

the FFA has done a significant job recently. Rolling the entire referee board and appointing Mark Shield as the sole referee director has removed a lot of politics. Shield is a very good appointment for a number of reasons, the fact he was FIFA qualified and attended 2 world cups being the best. But the other being that he is an awesome guy and gets the pressure of refereeing. yes peeps, Mark Shield is my boss in the referees arena :)

One problem with the A-League at the moment is the referees are not full time. Reason is the FFA won't pay a decent enough wage to secure full time referees. Most of the A-league blokes have very well paid jobs and would be taking a cut to take it full time. There are two guys who are full time but basically because FIFA appoint them week in week out to matches and pay fees so they can afford it.

Another thing that disappoints me is the lack of former professional players who choose to go into refereeing. This is a worldwide problem, not just an Australian problem. Players seem to like abusing referees, but none of them ever try to do a better job, do they...


This may surprise you but statistically those who get to FIFA level have never played an adult game of football. It sounds dumb but its not. It takes a certain type of person to have the ridiculous skill level to make confident decisions quickly and 99% of the time get them right.

You will find at the amatuer level a lot of players who get to old or suffer a bad injury turn to refereeing. At that level the best referees HAVE played the game but to go to the next level you have to be commited, by that age they can't be. If you want to get to the FIFA level you have to commit to refereeing seriously by age 23-24. FFA are now fast tracking kids under 24 who are showing extremely good skills and they are running a program with AFC to move those kids through.

The other thing players realise when they try it, is that it is a LOT harder then it looks and the fitness level is through the roof. I run approximately 18 kilometres a game, a gps told me that one night. You never get a break and must always be with the ball. If two teams play long ball, you can be exhausted after 10 minutes if you are not super fit. But you need to be prepared for that.

I happen to not agree with Paul Reiffel being fast tracked. If he showed incredible promise and was picked on merit fine. If he was fast tracked as he was an international player its a joke. What message does that send to the younger guys? Forget it unless you were an international player. It also can lead to the same mistakes being repeated over because he has learnt from the old guard so to speak whilst a player.

Every year i see gun 18 year olds hitting the park and refereeing better than a lot of senior experienced referees. Why? because the game is changing and they find it easier to adapt and change with it where as those who have run around for ages, find it very hard. Old habits die hard.

For example, FIFA has introduced a mandatory yellow card for studs up challenges towards the player. In my assesments i notice the young guys always get it right whereas the old guys let stupid ridiculous challenges guy (because in yesteryear they were allowed)

Refereeing needs improvement in Australia but we are on the way.
kingellesar
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:55 PM)
kingellesar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ushojax

Parker potentially available on Sunday. Please god leave him on the bench, it's no surprise that with Gallas/Sandro replacing King/Parker we have started winning again.

Agreed, as good as he has been for us this season, we should stick to same 11. If we go more than 2 up then yeah, bring him on to tighten the midfield up but I want same team and same result as Wednesday.
broony
Member
(05-04-2012, 12:57 PM)
broony's Avatar
I won a bet in that thread, but then also doubted the ability of my gods.
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 12:59 PM)
Choc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Holy shit that was crazy. 16 yellow, 4 red. What a brutal match :lol

I heard referee never refereed an international match or senior professional match again

FIFA scapegoated him, it was a disgrace

edit: most professional players even @ their peak would probably fail the FIFA fitness test
Last edited by Choc; 05-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Awesome Animals
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:02 PM)
Awesome Animals's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeff Albertson

Boooo the title doesn't insult anyone

Also last ot as a premier league team. This time next ot I'll be gone!

:( That makes me sad.

Originally Posted by ATF487

You're Santos?

This reminds me, I forgot to save one of my best Fifa goals today. I scored a volley with Etherington off a Delap throw. I think it was around 25 yards out, top right corner

<3 Stoke

lol, definitely <3 Stoke. I scored a nice tiki taka goal off the counter attack today, I saved it but forgot to upload it before I scurried to my parents house to sleep in the glorious A/C last night. It was hotter in my apartment than it was outside. I'll upload it tonight.


@ Celtic fans: What were your thoughts on Enda Stevens? Good player? Or still too young to know for sure?
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:03 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar
This is great.:lol



I really have no idea why we are after this guy. He will cost so much and plays in a position where we are probably strongest. If we wanted him we should have tried to sign him last year when we signed Young.

I can't see us competing with City anyway. I think Hazard will move to whichever competitive club offers him and Lille the most money. We all know where that is.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:04 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by broony

I won a bet in that thread, but then also doubted the ability of my gods.

It's ok. I forgive you.

Originally Posted by Choc

I heard referee never refereed an international match or senior professional match again

FIFA scapegoated him, it was a disgrace

edit: most professional players even @ their peak would probably fail the FIFA fitness test

That is a shambles. I don't see what the ref did wrong there. That game was a disgrace not because of the ref but the rugby tackles everywhere.
Awesome Animals
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:05 PM)
Awesome Animals's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

This is great.:lol



I really have no idea why we are after this guy. He will cost so much and plays in a position where we are probably strongest. If we wanted him we should have tried to sign him last year when we signed Young.

I can't see us competing with City anyway. I think Hazard will move to whichever competitive club offers him and Lille the most money. We all know where that is.

I'm most excited that I could read the french with no problem :D (maybe I should start visiting l'Equipe regularly and follow the French league to keep up with the language. I'll be able to speak no French unless discussing football).
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 01:07 PM)
Choc's Avatar
i would have actually considered abandoning that game, fuck who cares its the world cup. There is a point where tackles are getting so stupid you cannot guarantee player safety. So match = abandoned

i did it during a match once and got lots of kudos from the referees assessors and managers for doing si.
MarshMellow96
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:08 PM)
MarshMellow96's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

We all know where that is.

Soooo..

A year on the bench at City, then loaned to Tottenham?
Phantast2k
(05-04-2012, 01:09 PM)
Phantast2k's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

Have we signed Kagawa yet?

No, but you can take a look at his feet (hope you're not eating atm..):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS02HVI2ppY&t=5m40s
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 01:11 PM)
Choc's Avatar
ps there is a new rule for 2012/13

in the past when a penalty was taken, if the ball burst after the player kicked it, it was a drop ball at the point where it burst or if it was in the 6 yard box, on the 6 yard line closest to the spot it burst

new rule

if after a player kicks the ball and it has not hit something, bursts, penalty retaken

if it bursts after hitting post or goal keeper, drop ball

crazy. I believe this begins in the Euros
Clegg
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:11 PM)
Clegg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

They'll definitely take some money out for themselves; IMO at least £200m to cover the cost of the PIK debt which was mysteriously paid off.

But the IPO won't succeed unless they plan to put some money back into the club and they will have to lay out their financial plans before it floats.

The biggest problem IMO will be the valuation they put on the club. They were planning to float at a valuation of something like £2bn last time. Can't see the club being worth that much. If they manage to float something like 25% for £400m, that's a valuation of just over £1.5bn. Still optimistic but I can see it reaching that, just. If that money is split half way between them and us...it could be really helpful.

Concern would be how they would split the voting shares and whether or not there will be a dividend to pay.

We're going to lose so much revenue from this season's CL failure too. Luckily the DHL deal will help ease that slightly. Also the Nike renewal is soon. We really need to push a massive deal there. £35m at least.

If the debt were reduced by say £150m then it would give us much more room to breathe. Right now the interest on the loans are killing us. Any reduction on the amount repaid will be a great benefit to us.

This is why leveraged buyovers are such a pain in the arse. I took a module in finance last semester and the lecturer used United as an example the demonstrate the damage that leveraged takeovers can bring.
Awesome Animals
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:12 PM)
Awesome Animals's Avatar
Let's say City sign Hazard. What does their offense look like? We assume Balotelli and Dzeko are gone as well, and they bring in a striker (or two).

4-2-3-1

Code:

              Hart  
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
            Toure-Barry
        Nasri-Silva-Hazard
              Aguero
?
Last edited by Awesome Animals; 05-04-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:14 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar
I don't get why there isn't an arab who wants to buy Newcastle.

We have a 52,000 capacity stadium with the most loyal fans in the country.

What in the flying fuck made City more worthy of that oil money? I can understand Chelsea since it's based in London, but come on... give us oil money!
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 01:14 PM)
Choc's Avatar
city dont need balotelli

they have played so much better without him
Clegg
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:15 PM)
Clegg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phantast2k

No, but you can take a look at his feet (hope you're not eating atm..):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS02HVI2ppY&t=5m40s

Sexy
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:15 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

If the debt were reduced by say £150m then it would give us much more room to breathe. Right now the interest on the loans are killing us. Any reduction on the amount repaid will be a great benefit to us.

This is why leveraged buyovers are such a pain in the arse. I took a module in finance last semester and the lecturer used United as an example the demonstrate the damage that leveraged takeovers can bring.

Yeah, if we got it down to £150m we'd be paying back about £15m a year. Very manageable when the club reports at least £100m in operating profits.

EDIT - Current net debt is at about £350m though...

LBO's are such a bitch. Still can't believe this even happen :(


Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I don't get why there isn't an arab who wants to buy Newcastle.

We have a 52,000 capacity stadium with the most loyal fans in the country.

What in the flying fuck made City more worthy of that oil money? I can understand Chelsea since it's based in London, but come on... give us oil money!

If Kermit was here, he'd tell you the derelict land around the Etihad stadium was the clincher. Oil rich Arabs just love derelict land you see.
Last edited by Vivalaraza; 05-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:21 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar
BIG NEWS

Chelsea have bid to buy the 39-acre site at Battersea Power Station.

New stadium incoming?
Blablurn
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:23 PM)
Blablurn's Avatar
barca is interested in alaba? i lol'd
WJD
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:23 PM)
WJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

This is great.:lol



I really have no idea why we are after this guy. He will cost so much and plays in a position where we are probably strongest. If we wanted him we should have tried to sign him last year when we signed Young.

I can't see us competing with City anyway. I think Hazard will move to whichever competitive club offers him and Lille the most money. We all know where that is.

Don't see why you would want Kagawa but not Hazard.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:24 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

BIG NEWS

Chelsea have bid to buy the 39-acre site at Battersea Power Station.

New stadium incoming?

I would hope so. Stamford Bridge is small for a club as big as them.
Salazar
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:28 PM)
Salazar's Avatar

Originally Posted by WJD

Don't see why you would want Kagawa but not Hazard.

What I want is for Newcastle to start a James Taylor tuned Cisse chant.
snoopen
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Stamford Bridge is small for a club as big as them.

Joke of the year?
Baconsaurus Rex
Banned
(05-04-2012, 01:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Choc

ps there is a new rule for 2012/13

in the past when a penalty was taken, if the ball burst after the player kicked it, it was a drop ball at the point where it burst or if it was in the 6 yard box, on the 6 yard line closest to the spot it burst

new rule

if after a player kicks the ball and it has not hit something, bursts, penalty retaken

if it bursts after hitting post or goal keeper, drop ball

crazy. I believe this begins in the Euros

I don't think I understand this. By "the ball bursts" do you mean that the ball is punctured somehow? Because I've only seen this happen once, Van Buyten free-kick, so I don't see the need to change the rules for something as rare as that.
pappe
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:29 PM)
pappe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza

This is great.:lol



I really have no idea why we are after this guy. He will cost so much and plays in a position where we are probably strongest. If we wanted him we should have tried to sign him last year when we signed Young.

I can't see us competing with City anyway. I think Hazard will move to whichever competitive club offers him and Lille the most money. We all know where that is.

Ugh i am starting to hate him already.
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:30 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by WJD

Don't see why you would want Kagawa but not Hazard.

Even Kagawa is an unnecessary buy but he would be much much cheaper than Hazard meaning we had money left over to spend where it's most needed.

Plus Kagawa is super cool.


Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I would hope so. Stamford Bridge is small for a club as big as them.

It's a decent size IMO. Their fan base isn't massive. I reckon they could manage to sell out 60k most weeks though, maybe they'll have to reduce current prices slightly.

Apparently the plans include a single tiered stand which can seat 15k people. Impressive.

Edit - Also they say the original features of the site would be retained. Sounds damn cool. Plus a tube station for the ground and the related developments will be built. Really great plans, good news for Chelsea if they can win the site and then gain planning permission (which I assume they are confident of).
Last edited by Vivalaraza; 05-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:30 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by snoopen

Joke of the year?

41k

not good enough

the new stadium is supposed to be 60k, which is much better.
Choc
Banned
(05-04-2012, 01:32 PM)
Choc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baconsaurus

I don't think I understand this. By "the ball bursts" do you mean that the ball is punctured somehow? Because I've only seen this happen once, Van Buyten free-kick, so I don't see the need to change the rules for something as rare as that.

its extremely rare. But what you tend to find with FIFA is 1 incident happens in a match somewhere that causes madness and they need to clarify a change.

Yes ball punctured. They call it bursts.

edit: its like a few yeras ago when italy had a player injured behind the goal line and the linesman called a goal onside due to him. FIFA then clarified injured players are not included in offside decisions when behind goal line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePFjXxbJdz0
Last edited by Choc; 05-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Clegg
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:38 PM)
Clegg's Avatar
I'm not sure if it's likely that Kagawa will even join United. He can play out wide but he likes to roam around the pitch and to get the best out of him SAF will have to change the way United play.

Of course if SAF wants him because he has a new formation in mind then I can see Kagawa working out very well for us.
Feorax
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:39 PM)
Feorax's Avatar
Even in a new formation, surely Rooney would be a better option in the areas Kagawa would play.
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:39 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clegg

I'm not sure if it's likely that Kagawa will even join United. He can play out wide but he likes to roam around the pitch and to get the best out of him SAF will have to change the way United play.

Of course if SAF wants him because he has a new formation in mind then I can see Kagawa working out very well for us.

Why would you ruin the dream with reasoned and logical points?

City saying Nike will replace Umbro as their kit manufacturer from 2013/2014. Was always bound to happen sooner or later what with Nike owning Umbro.

A shame though, Umbro make nice kits, Nike's are pretty drab.
TheLucifer
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:40 PM)
TheLucifer's Avatar
An italian site said today that Milan actually tried to sign Guardiola a few days ago, but then he asked for a few players (if he had to go to another team this year). This made Berlusconi give Allegri another year. Shocking news.

So far, it seems that we bought Montolivo (€0), Bakaye Traorè (€0), Acerbi (€0) and El Shaarawy's second half (€7.5M). Plus we're trying to sign Boulahrouz (once again, €0) and maybe even Keita. Nesta will probably go to the US, Seedorf to Brazil, Inzaghi will retire; and it seems that Robinho may be sold this summer. Which would suck.

I almost like the whole "don't spend more than 10-15 millions but still have a chance to win the Serie A" (which quite explain the current italian football situation) but Berlusconi needs to open his wallet a lot more. We still need a proper LB (Allegri could use Emanuelson in that role, but apparently he doesn't like that) and a striker. And thinking about having Pato for another year makes me sad. But, as long as he thinks that we're as good as Barça, nothing will change.

Btw, hi OT10 :D
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:45 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by HixxSAFC

Villol players fighting at their end of season awards (Youtube)

lol, they are so fucked. If not this season then the next.
Vivalaraza
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:48 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar


This is Battersea Power Station right now. Can see this being transformed into an epic ground.
sohois
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:49 PM)
sohois's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLucifer

An italian site said today that Milan actually tried to sign Guardiola a few days ago, but then he asked for a few players (if he had to go to another team this year). This made Berlusconi give Allegri another year. Shocking news.

So far, it seems that we bought Montolivo (€0), Bakaye Traorè (€0), Acerbi (€0) and El Shaarawy's second half (€7.5M). Plus we're trying to sign Boulahrouz (once again, €0) and maybe even Keita. Nesta will probably go to the US, Seedorf to Brazil, Inzaghi will retire; and it seems that Robinho may be sold this summer. Which would suck.

I almost like the whole "don't spend more than 10-15 millions but still have a chance to win the Serie A" (which quite explain the current italian football situation) but Berlusconi needs to open his wallet a lot more. We still need a proper LB (Allegri could use Emanuelson in that role, but apparently he doesn't like that) and a striker. And thinking about having Pato for another year makes me sad. But, as long as he thinks that we're as good as Barça, nothing will change.

Btw, hi OT10 :D

What happened with Robinho? I thought he was doing decently with Milan. In any case it's difficult to see many teams being interested for someone who would be as expensive; only the Oil Quartet and he has already played for City out of those 4.
Carbonox
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:50 PM)
Carbonox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza



This is Battersea Power Station right now. Can see this being transformed into an epic ground.

Yup, just take out the middle of the building, lay some turf, ignore the surrounding area, then proceed to lol as opponents shit bricks when they have to play there. Easy winnings for Chelsea!
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 01:50 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza



This is Battersea Power Station right now. Can see this being transformed into an epic ground.

So does this mean Battersea Power Station will need a name change?
Blablurn
Member
(05-04-2012, 01:50 PM)
Blablurn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vivalaraza



This is Battersea Power Station right now. Can see this being transformed into an epic ground.

or they are going to create über mega players.

Thread Tools