(04-18-2012, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by sharbhund

Looks like The Daily Telegraph broke the review embargo:

Reads more like a PR piece.
Jay Shadow
(04-18-2012, 06:04 PM)

Originally Posted by sharbhund

Looks like The Daily Telegraph broke the review embargo:

Reads like a review IGN would give after getting an exclusive set visit.
shira
(04-18-2012, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

I just watched Thor this weekend. Will they explain how he gets back to Earf after the bifrost bridge was destroyed?

Yup, it's in the after credits scene too
LosDaddie
keeping Americuh safe
(04-18-2012, 06:05 PM)
Movie of the Forever. So hyped! :)

Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz

lol

yeah, real funny....
apana
(04-18-2012, 06:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

I just watched Thor this weekend. Will they explain how he gets back to Earf after the bifrost bridge was destroyed?

The energy from his hammer strokes will cause a tear in the fabric of space itself and he will be sucked in, sending him to Earf.
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(04-18-2012, 06:06 PM)
I don't know if my body is ready. Guess I'll find out in two weeks.
Escape Goat
(04-18-2012, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Slayven

Your posts are too abstract, and progressive.

I don't know what you said. But thank you.
apana
(04-18-2012, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

Hawkeye: needs more muscles.

He needs better costume design. If they didn't want to put him in some sort of superhero outift the least they could do is not make him look so stupid. There is at least one scene in the film where he is looking alright:

The Outsider
(04-18-2012, 06:12 PM)
So I'm starting a rewatch of all the Marvel movies soon. What order do you guys recommend I watch them?

I'm leaning toward release order, but I'm debating something closer to chronological order.
PhoncipleBone
(04-18-2012, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by The Outsider

So I'm starting a rewatch of all the Marvel movies soon. What order do you guys recommend I watch them?

I'm leaning toward release order, but I'm debating something closer to chronological order.

I am going to do release order. Chronological basically just throws Cap in there first, then the rest in release order.
Tobor
Look!
A crack addict with a tag!
(04-18-2012, 06:16 PM)
We marathoned them last Sunday. Definitely do release order. Thor and Cap should be last since they lead directly into the Avengers.
MrPink93485

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

I am going to do release order. Chronological basically just throws Cap in there first, then the rest in release order.

Isn't Incredible Hulk technically last?
Pai Pai Master
There's just not enough purple on Hawkeye. Why can't he have more purple??

Originally Posted by MrPink93485

It's kind of in the middle of things. The scene where Hulk is fighting the military on the college campus takes place around or right before the scene in Iron Man 2 where Fury is telling Stark that he's not fit for the Avengers team. You can see the news broadcasts of the Hulk on the TVs in that scene.
Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 04-18-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Escape Goat
(04-18-2012, 06:18 PM)

Not that it matters but

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Agent Coulson: Agent of Shield

That way you get Iron Man and his father established. You get super soldier program established in Hulk. The easter egg of Cap's shield in Iron makes sense when you watch Captain America and meet Stark's father and you're introduced to the tesseract. Thor references the tesseract and introduces Hawkeye. Iron Man 2...is there. And top it off with Agent Coulson: Agent of Shield - the best film to hit celuloid.
Mr. Sam
(04-18-2012, 06:19 PM)

I thought it was set in between the two Iron Man movies. My impression was:

Captain America (easy), Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Avengers.
The Outsider
(04-18-2012, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Sam

I think the Culver University sequence happens during the events of IM2.
LosDaddie
keeping Americuh safe
(04-18-2012, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Tobor

We marathoned them last Sunday. Definitely do release order. Thor and Cap should be last since they lead directly into the Avengers.

That's what I'd recommend. Definitely watch Thor before Capt AMerica
apana
(04-18-2012, 06:22 PM)
I'd probably watch Captain America last. Hopefully they give us the rest of the Captain America ending in the opening of the Avengers. I was looking forward to seeing more of his reaction to the world and meeting his girlfriend as an old woman if she is still alive. I decided to skip Iron Man 2 so don't know if that should be last or not.
PhoncipleBone
(04-18-2012, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Sam

Same here. I am trying to think if they reference any events from Incredible Hulk in the others.
The Outsider
(04-18-2012, 06:24 PM)
I'll probably just stick with release order. I feel like I read somewhere that there was a fan edit that pieced together scenes from all the films in proper chronological order.
Tobor
Look!
(04-18-2012, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by apana

I'd probably watch Captain America last. Hopefully they give us the rest of the Captain America ending in the opening of the Avengers. I was looking forward to seeing more of his reaction to the world and meeting his girlfriend as an old woman if she is still alive. I decided to skip Iron Man 2 so don't know if that should be last or not.

The scene you mention was in fact shot for Avengers, but was cut since it was unnecessary. It will supposedly be included on the BluRay.

Personally, I didn't miss it at the end of Cap. The line he says at the end was enough for me.
Pai Pai Master
(04-18-2012, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by apana

Every time I keep hearing that they cut that scene from Cap, I'm wondering if they're going to use it in Avengers.

Edit: nevermind, beaten. Shame it was cut from Avengers, too. The blu-ray release definitely needs to be the full cut with the extra 30 minutes because while I agree that the ending of Cap with that last line was fucking perfect, it would be an extremely good scene to have to flesh out his development in the modern era.
The Outsider
(04-18-2012, 06:27 PM)

Same here. I am trying to think if they reference any events from Incredible Hulk in the others.

When Stark is talking to Fury at the end of IM2, the broadcast of Hulk at Culver University from TIH is shown on a TV in the background. That's all I'm aware of.
DarkWish
(04-18-2012, 06:28 PM)

In Iron Man 2, there is a part (can't remember when) where we see a news broadcast on TV that shows the events of the Incredible Hulk (the battle at the college campus). So those two movies run somewhat concurrently.
EDIT: Beaten with a better explanation.
Tobor
Look!
(04-18-2012, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

Every time I keep hearing that they cut that scene from Cap, I'm wondering if they're going to use it in Avengers.

Edit: nevermind, beaten. Shame it was cut from Avengers, too. The blu-ray release definitely needs to be the full cut with the extra 30 minutes because while I agree that the ending of Cap with that last line was fucking perfect, it would be an extremely good scene to have to flesh out his development in the modern era.

It's a fine line. You don't want The Avengers to feel like Cap 2. I'm fine with it being on the BluRay, or better yet, save it for Cap 2.
mjc
(04-18-2012, 06:34 PM)
I don't think there's references to the other films in Incredible Hulk. Might be wrong though.
Eppy Thatcher
(04-18-2012, 06:35 PM)
not to drag it out anymore with all the Hulk and Norton talk .. but can someone summarize or link to his draft of the script? I'm curious about what his vision for this would have been.
Tobor
Look!
(04-18-2012, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by mjc

I don't think there's references to the other films in Incredible Hulk. Might be wrong though.

Shield is mentioned, the super soldier program plays a key role in the plot, and Tony Stark appears at the end.
Messypandas
(04-18-2012, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by mjc

Doesn't Tony Stark walk into a bar at the end?
shira
(04-18-2012, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Messypandas

Doesn't Tony Stark walk into a bar at the end?

To recruit wolverine?
Escape Goat
(04-18-2012, 06:40 PM)

Originally Posted by shira

To recruit wolverine?

to recruit Dick Tracy.
G-Fex
G for Gothic Lolita
(04-18-2012, 06:40 PM)
any chance Agent Coulson or Nick Fury die in this film?
Messypandas
(04-18-2012, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by G-Fex

thats a definite maybe
Escape Goat
(04-18-2012, 06:42 PM)

Joss loves Agent Coulson so expect him to die. In fact, if any character is having a good time in the movie they are about to suffer incredible pain or death.
WonkersTHEWatilla
(04-18-2012, 06:43 PM)

Sam Jackson has signed on for like, a dozen Marvel movies, so no.

Coulson is some sort of omnipotent god-being or robot, so no.
shira
(04-18-2012, 06:44 PM)

Which makes it hard to create a sense of danger for any of the characters
G-Fex
G for Gothic Lolita
(04-18-2012, 06:47 PM)
Damn.

Hopefully Black Widow dies
MrPink93485
(04-18-2012, 06:48 PM)
I fear for JARVIS' safety.
Tucah
you speak so well
(04-18-2012, 06:50 PM)

Nick Fury? No way. Coulson probably won't either (though the chance is increased exponentially because this is a Whedon film) but I hope he does.
Banana Kid
(04-18-2012, 06:53 PM)

When Stark is talking to Fury at the end of IM2, the broadcast of Hulk at Culver University from TIH is shown on a TV in the background. That's all I'm aware of.

The Fury's Big Week comic tie-in establishes that Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk are all happening at about the same time, and all that stuff ends before Captain America is found in the ice.

In other news, I just bought a bunch of the Avengers Lego sets they put out recently. I'm more excited than is probably healthy to put together a little team of Lego superheroes.
mjc
(04-18-2012, 06:54 PM)

I fear for JARVIS' safety.

He's just a computer program in this though right? No butler?
MrPink93485
(04-18-2012, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by mjc

He's just a computer program in this though right? No butler?

Lol yes, it was a terrible offhand joke. Nonetheless, I enjoy that Paul Bettany continues to return and voice the role
PhoncipleBone
(04-18-2012, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Banana Kid

In other news, I just bought a bunch of the Avengers Lego sets they put out recently. I'm more excited than is probably healthy to put together a little team of Lego superheroes.

BAH! Come join the fun in the GAF Lego thread!

Banana Kid
(04-18-2012, 06:58 PM)
They're not going to kill off any of the major superheroes, because all of them probably have sequels or spinoffs in their future.

Coulson or Maria Hill are the most likely to go since they've got no real chance of a solo film. If I had to bet money on one character dying, it'd be Coulson.
Tobor
Look!
(04-18-2012, 07:01 PM)
I can't seem to find it, but Whedon was asked in an interview about how he dealt with being unable to kill any major characters. He had a good answer, but I don't want to butcher it. Anyone know which interview it was?
G-Fex
G for Gothic Lolita
(04-18-2012, 07:03 PM)
shira
(04-18-2012, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Tobor

I can't seem to find it, but Whedon was asked in an interview about how he dealt with being unable to kill any major characters. He had a good answer, but I don't want to butcher it. Anyone know which interview it was?

"Chill I got this"
JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.
(04-18-2012, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by PhoenixDark

The trailers/teasers have done nothing for more, nor have they given me the slightest idea of what this is about outside of "let's make a bunch of money." And everything seems to have been shot like a non-cinematic television show. Bleh

agreed 100%
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(04-18-2012, 07:10 PM)
Wow, it actually already comes out exactly a week from today for me - and the whole time I had it in mind for a summer movie for everyone - noice!
sharbhund
(04-18-2012, 07:14 PM)
Mondo posters: