• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Federico_612
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:07 AM)
A V for Vendeta themed thread?

For Example: WiiU ST (Speculation Thread) V:U for U******

Sorry for the lack of good words, I am looking up hor some word that might work. Any ideas?

Edit: Unreal? (lol)
BurntPork
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:08 AM)
BurntPork's Avatar

Originally Posted by BDGAME

Are There any confirmation about directx 11 on Wii U?

It could go either way at this point. (Assuming you mean DX11 features and not the actual Microsoft API, of course.)

Originally Posted by BDGAME

What the minimum configuration/GPU necessary to run directx 11?

There is none. Either the GPU supports the features or it doesn't. There's no power requirement.

Originally Posted by AceBandage

100% not happening, seeing as DirectX is owned by Microsoft.

Don't be a smartass. You know what he meant.
HylianTom
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:08 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

No, that's basically what he's saying.
NPD would look like this.
1. ME3
2. Prototype 2
3. Xenoblade

Dunno how true that would be, but even making the top 10 would be impressive.

I still can't get over this. It'd be so incredibly impressive. Imagine the shockwaves around NoA offices after this news hits.

Part of me wonders: how torn was NoA initially about releasing this game in North America? Do you think were they just kinda-sorta hesitant, or really adamant about not bringing it over?

I think that this might force them to reconsider the tastes of the audience that they have still residing with the Wii. This crowd of gamers is still there, still waiting, still willing to spend money on great games. Hell, lots of us were willing to plunk-down $70 for a special edition - for a console that many have declared dead.

Contrast this with their blue ocean crowd. Their buying habits have died-down. They are not as reliable. Competition for them is fiercer than ever.

This might be the kind of event that leaves an impression on NoA for quite a while. At least, I hope so..

=========

And Wii U Speculation Thread V: My Vagina's on Fire, Orlando!
BD1
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by PhoReal

Which comments are you refering to specifically?

I don't have the exact quotes, but he spoke about the US 3DS not matching Japan's sales performance, how it should be 3x Japan, how there aren't enough titles in the monthly top 20, etc.

He wasn't outwardly negative about NoA or anything, but executives are very meticulous and particular in what they say. Clearly Iwata was not happy with 3DS performance in territories not Japan (although he did say he expects that to change after E3).
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:10 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I still can't get over this. It'd be so incredibly impressive. Imagine the shockwaves around NoA offices after this news hits.

Part of me wonders: how torn was NoA initially about releasing this game in North America? Do you think were they just kinda-sorta hesitant, or really adamant about not bringing it over?

I think that this might force them to reconsider the tastes of the audience that they have still residing with the Wii. This crowd of gamers is still there, still waiting, still willing to spend money on great games. Hell, lots of us were willing to plunk-down $70 for a special edition - for a console that many have declared dead.

Contrast this with their blue ocean crowd. Their buying habits have died-down. They are not as reliable. Competition for them is fiercer than ever.

This might be the kind of event that leaves an impression on NoA for quite a while. At least, I hope so..

If Xenoblade had released in 2006/7, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have seen in in NA shortly after.
The problem is 100% the timing of when the game was released and how the Wii's userbase turned out.
BDGAME
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:12 AM)
BDGAME's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

100% not happening, seeing as DirectX is owned by Microsoft.

Ok, but the playstation 3 run games that use Direct X in PC, right? It don't have a DX on Ps3 version, but that machine can run the same kind of effects, no?

What Ps3 use is OpenGl 2, right? XBOX 360 uses DX9, right? These machines can't run OGL3 or DX11, right?

My question is: Will Wii U can make the effects of a game that use DX11/OGL3?

EDIT: Thanks BurntPork.
MisterHero
Super Member
(05-04-2012, 04:13 AM)
MisterHero's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I still can't get over this. It'd be so incredibly impressive. Imagine the shockwaves around NoA offices after this news hits.

Part of me wonders: how torn was NoA initially about releasing this game in North America? Do you think were they just kinda-sorta hesitant, or really adamant about not bringing it over?

I think that this might force them to reconsider the tastes of the audience that they have still residing with the Wii. This crowd of gamers is still there, still waiting, still willing to spend money on great games. Hell, lots of us were willing to plunk-down $70 for a special edition - for a console that many have declared dead.

Contrast this with their blue ocean crowd. Their buying habits have died-down. They are not as reliable. Competition for them is fiercer than ever.

This might be the kind of event that leaves an impression on NoA for quite a while. At least, I hope so..

Well, they weren't the ones to translate it, so they probably didn't give it much consideration at all.

Treehouse needs to get some notable work again, and not just the standard Nintendo localizations!

I think it helped that Xenoblade was not another typical JRPG. Well done, Monolith.
AzaK
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

am back home slow news day?

anything new?

Apparently UE5 confirmed on Wii U and exclusive. IdeaMan hinted something, people speculated and then he said someone had hit the nail on the head. The UE5 speculation is the only one that makes sense.

Originally Posted by AceBandage

If Xenoblade had released in 2006/7, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have seen in in NA shortly after.
The problem is 100% the timing of when the game was released and Nintendo's attitude to the Wii's userbase.

Fixed.
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:13 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by BDGAME

Ok, but the playstation 3 run games that use Direct X in PC, right? It don't have a DX on Ps3 version, but that machine can run the same kind of effects, no?

What Ps3 use is OpenGl 2, right? XBOX 360 uses DX9, right? These machines can't run OGL3 or DX11, right?

My question is: Will Wii U can make the effects of a game that use DX11/OGL3?

The Wii U will have the ability to push the same effects as a machine that can run DX11, yes.

Originally Posted by AzaK

Apparently UE5 confirmed on Wii U and exclusive. IdeaMan hinted something, people speculated and then he said someone had hit the nail on the head. The UE5 speculation is the only one that makes sense.



Fixed.


UE5?
muu
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by AceBandage

No, that's basically what he's saying.
NPD would look like this.
1. ME3
2. Prototype 2
3. Xenoblade


Dunno how true that would be, but even making the top 10 would be impressive.

Depends if they meant 3rd overall or 3rd when counting individual SKUs.
Smiles and Cries
back to my old
nipples and tits
(05-04-2012, 04:17 AM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/16970...t__analyst.php

"EA and BioWare's Mass Effect 3 was the highest-selling game title in the U.S. during April, says the report, followed by Activision's Prototype 2 and Nintendo-published Xenoblade Chronicles."

It sounds like it's not speculating. Nonetheless, your mileage may vary.

Edit: Wait, shouldn't the sequel to "Prototype" be called "Production Model"?

must be a really bad month for software I cannot believe this would do so well with those who really wanted it importing and Nintendo had no ads that I saw
BurntPork
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:18 AM)
BurntPork's Avatar

Originally Posted by BDGAME

Ok, but the playstation 3 run games that use Direct X in PC, right? It don't have a DX on Ps3 version, but that machine can run the same kind of effects, no?

What Ps3 use is OpenGl 2, right? XBOX 360 uses DX9, right? These machines can't run OGL3 or DX11, right?

My question is: Will Wii U can make the effects of a game that use DX11/OGL3?

As I thought.

Only XBox 1 and 360 actually use DirectX. Even then, the 360 uses a modified version that's basically DX9.5. Both Nintendo and Sony use custom APIs loosely based on OpenGL.

Wii U most likely has a least a few DX11/OGL4 effects.
Linkhero1
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:19 AM)
Linkhero1's Avatar
One feature I would like to see implemented in the Wii U is the ability to play custom tracks during games like with the 360. I don't see why they shouldn't do something like this.
lednerg
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:19 AM)
lednerg's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

UE5?

Yup
bgassassin
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:19 AM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by BDGAME

Are There any confirmation about directx 11 on Wii U?

Nothing concrete, but the GPU was completed only a few months ago. Taking everything into consideration it would be very tough to believe the final is not a DX11-equivalent.

Originally Posted by BDGAME

What the minimum configuration/GPU necessary to run directx 11?

As mentioned, the power doesn't really matter. An AMD 5450 is DX11-capable.
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:19 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by lednerg

Yup

I think he was actually referring to the number of tablets supported, since he said it wasn't spec related.
>_>
HylianTom
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:20 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by AzaK

Fixed.

True. Their attitude left many of us wanting, myself included.

They've been kinda saying the right things regarding which crowd is going to be their focus this time around, and E3 is going to be when we start to see if they're following those words with actions. Which games they show in their conference, how they choose to advertise their system, which features they emphasize.. E3's gonna be very revealing.

Hell, just the first few minutes of their conference could tell us a lot. If they open the conference with fifteen minutes of Wii Fit U, I'm going to have trouble restraining myself in anger.
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:21 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

True. Their attitude left many of us wanting, myself included.

They've been kinda saying the right things regarding which crowd is going to be their focus this time around, and E3 is going to be when we start to see if they're following those words with actions. Which games they show in their conference, how they choose to advertise their system, which features they emphasize.. E3's gonna be very revealing.

Hell, just the first few minutes of their conference could tell us a lot. If they open the conference with fifteen minutes of Wii Fit U, I'm going to have trouble restraining myself in anger.

I wouldn't expect anything like Wii U Fit or Wii U Sports to even appear at E3, except as maybe more concept demos.
Their key game will be much more "core" oriented (as much as Nintendo does anyway).
BurntPork
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:23 AM)
BurntPork's Avatar

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Nothing concrete, but the GPU was completed only a few months ago. Taking everything into consideration it would be very tough to believe the final is not a DX11-equivalent.

But it's Nintendo. They always use 5+ year-old tech, remember?

totally not sarcasm
StreetsAhead
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:24 AM)
StreetsAhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Their key game will be much more "core" oriented (as much as Nintendo does anyway).

Pikmin 3
The Last Ranger
Ice Climbers: Up (Horror-Survival)

?
AzaK
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:24 AM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

True. Their attitude left many of us wanting, myself included.

They've been kinda saying the right things regarding which crowd is going to be their focus this time around, and E3 is going to be when we start to see if they're following those words with actions. Which games they show in their conference, how they choose to advertise their system, which features they emphasize.. E3's gonna be very revealing.

Hell, just the first few minutes of their conference could tell us a lot. If they open the conference with fifteen minutes of Wii Fit U, I'm going to have trouble restraining myself in anger.

I'm presently VERY positive how Wii U will start catering to us enthusiast gamers. Especially seeing as Iwata reiterated it in the recent investor's meeting. He obviously thought it was important enough to have to try and quell any concerns about the Wii U's potential "casual" focus this time around.

I really am expecting a mega "hardcore" blowout at E3 and I actually wouldn't be too surprised if we saw two colours at launch :)
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:25 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

Pikmin 3
The Last Ranger
Ice Climbers: Up (Horror-Survival)

Ice Climbers: Mountain's of Hell (Gritty reboot)

PhoReal
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:26 AM)
PhoReal's Avatar

Originally Posted by BD1

I don't have the exact quotes, but he spoke about the US 3DS not matching Japan's sales performance, how it should be 3x Japan, how there aren't enough titles in the monthly top 20, etc.

He wasn't outwardly negative about NoA or anything, but executives are very meticulous and particular in what they say. Clearly Iwata was not happy with 3DS performance in territories not Japan (although he did say he expects that to change after E3).

Ah, I know what you are talking about now. I thought that I missed something from the interview released earlier this morning.
StreetsAhead
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:30 AM)
StreetsAhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Ice Climbers: Mountain's of Hell (Gritty reboot)

http://i.imgur.com/DWTZd.jpg

In all seriousness, I hope Ice Climbers, Star Tropics or Balloon Fight is the "Punch-Out"/"Kid Icarus" of the Wii U (in terms of a retro franchise revival).
HylianTom
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:30 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by AzaK

I'm presently VERY positive how Wii U will start catering to us enthusiast gamers. Especially seeing as Iwata reiterated it in the recent investor's meeting. He obviously thought it was important enough to have to try and quell any concerns about the Wii U's potential "casual" focus this time around.

I really am expecting a mega "hardcore" blowout at E3 and I actually wouldn't be too surprised if we saw two colours at launch :)

I'm feeling pretty confident. My Wii Fit U was just a far-flung hypothetical that I really don't expect to happen, thank goodness.

Speaking of predictions/expectations.. we need to come-up with some good E3 Bingo squares.
bgassassin
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:36 AM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by BurntPork

But it's Nintendo. They always use 5+ year-old tech, remember?

totally not sarcasm

With the way some people post I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it were sarcasm unless I knew their posting style.

Originally Posted by AzaK

I'm presently VERY positive how Wii U will start catering to us enthusiast gamers. Especially seeing as Iwata reiterated it in the recent investor's meeting. He obviously thought it was important enough to have to try and quell any concerns about the Wii U's potential "casual" focus this time around.

I really am expecting a mega "hardcore" blowout at E3 and I actually wouldn't be too surprised if we saw two colours at launch :)

Yeah Nintendo learned a lesson, but at the same time it was a lesson worth learning at least early in Wii's life. It's people like us that will buy 10+ games for a console. The consumer foundation for Wii isn't that type of gamer and in Nintendo-fashion they learned and will adapt accordingly.

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Ice Climbers: Mountain's of Hell (Gritty reboot)

http://i.imgur.com/DWTZd.jpg

Yes please.
GameplayWhore
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:36 AM)
GameplayWhore's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I'm feeling pretty confident. My Wii Fit U was just a far-flung hypothetical that I really don't expect to happen, thank goodness.

Speaking of predictions/expectations.. we need to come-up with some good E3 Bingo squares.

Maybe Thread 6 should be the bingo helpdesk thread.


Anyway, I'm going to make a fresh one, but here's my last year bingo card for anybody who wants inspiration, I guess. I'm actually really amused in retrospect by the pic that I used for the "Zero Japan-only Nintendo games… announced for the US". :D

Oh, snap, I basically had an "on par" square last year!


edit: I could still use a few of those squares, especially the Ubi-toilet, vitality sensor comeback, and the Rockstar thing.
HylianTom
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:38 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Yeah Nintendo learned a lesson, but at the same time it was a lesson worth learning at least early in Wii U's life. It's people like us that will buy 10+ games for a console. The consumer foundation for Wii isn't that type of gamer and in Nintendo-fashion they learned and will adapt accordingly.

I'm quite relieved that it wasn't a very expensive lesson. This whole thing could have ended-up concluding in very ugly, multi-billion-dollar fashion.

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

Maybe Thread 6 should be the bingo helpdesk thread.


Anyway, I'm going to make a fresh one, but here's my last year bingo card for anybody who wants inspiration, I guess. I'm actually really amused in retrospect by the pic that I used for the "Zero Japan-only Nintendo games… announced for the US". :D

Oh, snap, I basically had an "on par" square last year!

Ha! I love it!

And I might do another beginning-of-the-thread questionnaire again, just to see where people's minds are. Those are always fun.
bgassassin
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:41 AM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I'm quite relieved that it wasn't a very expensive lesson. This whole thing could have ended-up concluding in very ugly, multi-billion-dollar fashion.

Exactly. The "Dreamcast" comments for Wii U would be legitimate if that had happened.
-Pyromaniac-
(05-04-2012, 04:42 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
BG I agree with everything you've said in like...the last 10 of your posts. You are me. And I, you.
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:44 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

BG I agree with everything you've said in like...the last 10 of your posts. You are me. And I, you.

There can be only one!

bgassassin
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:47 AM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

BG I agree with everything you've said in like...the last 10 of your posts. You are me. And I, you.

-Pyromaniac-
(05-04-2012, 04:51 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by bgassassin

gif



Originally Posted by AceBandage

There can be only one!

HIGHLANDER
watershed
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:53 AM)
watershed's Avatar
So is it finally time to be excited about the Wii U and E3? I've been checking out this thread but refrained from getting hyped about anything so far. Is it time yet?!
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(05-04-2012, 04:55 AM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar
So we are saving the new thread for tomorrow huh? I'm ready to see the cycle start all over again. I was halfway joking about the Nightmare before Christmas title, but the wait is a bit reminiscent of a nightmare. The same thing over and over and over again yet we never seem to be getting any closer....

Quick, someone come up with a Groundhog Day themed thread title.

Edit: I wish that after the Avengers, Prometheus came out next weekend, then Brave the weekend after that, then The Amazing Spiderman the weekend after that, and The Dark Knight Rises the weekend after that.

It would be E3 before I even knew it!
-Pyromaniac-
(05-04-2012, 04:55 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by artwalknoon

So is it finally time to be excited about the Wii U and E3? I've been checking out this thread but refrained from getting hyped about anything so far. Is it time yet?!

it's time...it's time....it's vader time.
bgassassin
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:56 AM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

There can be only one!

HylianTom
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:57 AM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

So we are saving the new thread for tomorrow huh? I'm ready to see the cycle start all over again. I was halfway joking about the Nightmare before Christmas title, but the wait is a bit reminiscent of a nightmare. The same thing over and over and over again yet we never seem to be getting any closer....

Quick, someone come up with a Groundhog Day themed thread title.

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Watch Out for That Last Month - It's a Doooozy!
Discomurf
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:57 AM)
Discomurf's Avatar

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

Well, we have discussed that the SDK probably has some functionality for face tracking. People were discussing ideas like (A) telling whether a player is looking at the TV or the controller and dynamically increasing render quality to that output; and (B) letting a game know when you're looking down so it can surprise you with a sneaky monster attack (this sort of thing would definitely happen in a survival horror game at some point if the capability is in place!).

I do also recall people suggesting the camera could be used eye-toy style in dance games when mounted near the TV.

Ah I see. I still think there will be even more to it though, perhaps a built in magnetic pulse reader or somethin'


Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

Wait, are we disrepping Aliens or Promethius? I can't tell.


Well neither... Aliens is totally legit, just haven't seen Prometheus yet ;)
-Pyromaniac-
(05-04-2012, 04:58 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
Wii U Speculation Thread V of Speculation On Future Thread Title Speculation
Linkhero1
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:59 AM)
Linkhero1's Avatar
E3 conference thread should be titled

Nintendo E3 2012 | My Body Was Not Ready
tkscz
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:59 AM)
tkscz's Avatar
Wii U Speculation thread V, E3 strikes back!
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 05:02 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Also, I told you this thread would close on Friday.
:D
ASTROID2
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:03 AM)
ASTROID2's Avatar
Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Speculation Strikes Back
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(05-04-2012, 05:04 AM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Watch Out for That Last Month - It's a Doooozy!

:lol. Amazing.

This gets my vote, hands down.
Discomurf
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:05 AM)
Discomurf's Avatar
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Last Train to South Figueroa
shadyspace
Banned
(05-04-2012, 05:05 AM)
shadyspace's Avatar
The thought of going through a whole two more of these threads before E3 hits makes me want to jump out a window.
AceBandage
Banned
(05-04-2012, 05:05 AM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadyspace

The thought of going through a whole two more of these threads before E3 hits makes me want to jump out a window.

And yet, it compels you to stay, at the same time.
ffdgh
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:05 AM)
Wii U Speculation thread V: Watch out for the moon.
shadyspace
Banned
(05-04-2012, 05:06 AM)
shadyspace's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

And yet, it compels you to stay, at the same time.

I mean, probably a first floor window but still!

Thread Tools