• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Father_Brain
Banned
(05-03-2012, 06:57 PM)
According to a LinkedIn resume posted on a certain banned Nintendo fansite, Wii U is getting a version of an unannounced multiplatform downloadable title from Sega.
Christberg
(05-03-2012, 06:57 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread V: I Am Your Father, Hype...
Redford
aka Cabbie
(05-03-2012, 06:58 PM)
I nominate Gameplay.
-Pyromaniac-

Originally Posted by Linkhero1

Wii U Speculation Thread V: What's Wrong With U?

pretty good
Conor 419
Banned
I WILL MAKE IT, I will make the Wii U thread...

...but I do not know the way.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(05-03-2012, 06:59 PM)

Perfecto

Originally Posted by test_account

If it is strictly for multiplayer (at least for the most part), then i agree that it isnt much difference than buying a 2nd controller.

It could be. If this is the case, then it should be a problem. That is why i mentioned "work 100%" earlier, if a lot of games required a Wii controller and it wasnt included, then it would be missing something in the box, so to speak.

There won't be anything missing. The only game that's even been hinted at being solely a wii remote game is the next Zelda just like the one that came out a few months ago and required you to buy wii motion +
test_account
XP-39Cē
(05-03-2012, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by EloquentM

There won't be anything missing. The only game that's even been hinted at being solely a wii remote game is the next Zelda just like the one that came out a few months ago and required you to buy wii motion +

If this is the case, i agree. But i ment if it isnt the case :) I'm curious regardless if Nintendo will include a Wii controller or not. I think no due to keeping costs down, but only time will tell.
BurntPork
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:01 PM)
I should make it, but that requires work...
adroit

Originally Posted by Cabbie

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Moving at a million miles per rumor

I humbly suggest: Wii U Speculation Thread V: Moving at the speed of hysteria

I think the definition of hysteria fits the bill:

1. Behavior exhibiting excessive or uncontrollable emotion, such as fear or panic.
2. A mental disorder characterized by emotional excitability and sometimes by amnesia or a physical deficit, such as paralysis, or a sensory deficit, without an organic cause.

Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hysteria

:)
Linkhero1

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

I stand by what I said, I can't imagine for the life of me why the wiimote will be the focal point. The uPad is basically the wiiU, they keep saying that, that's what they're pushing. The wiimote will be relegated to optional control methods when devs choose to implement it, or for local multiplayer.

My thoughts exactly. It's more of an optional method of controls similar to how the GC controller was also an optional method. It's really up to the developer to choose whether they want Wiimote functionality.
lordfroakie
(05-03-2012, 07:02 PM)
WiiU speculation thread 5: Teasing fanboys since 1985

Edit: I wouldn't mind making it :)
comedy bomb
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by BurntPork

I should make it, but that requires work...

We need it to be someone who isn't banned every other week so the op can be updated.
Fourth Storm
(05-03-2012, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by test_account

If it is strictly for multiplayer (at least for the most part), then i agree that it isnt much difference than buying a 2nd controller.

It could be. If this is the case, then it should be a problem. That is why i mentioned "work 100%" earlier, if a lot of games required a Wii controller and it wasnt included, then it would be missing something in the box, so to speak.

We don't know what the Wii U's "Wii Sports" is gonna be yet, except that it's not going to be Wii U Sports. This is to say, Nintendo have recently stated that they are not going to be selling the Wii U based primarily on those sports experiences at E3 last year. I'm sure there's going to be a Wii U Sports at some point or another (maybe even right at launch), but they've got something completely different brewing in order to showcase the new types of gaming made possible by the DRC.

Whatever this may end up being, I doubt it will use both a Wii Remote and DRC for a single player (as the Wii U golf demo did). It will be a complete experience using only the DRC.
TheGreatMightyPoo
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Other M(iyamoto): The baby, The Reggie Baby
GameplayWhore

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Need to name this thread right It may be the last one.

Did they move E3 to early May, or are you predicting the Fall of GAF?
BD1

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

I stand by what I said, I can't imagine for the life of me why the wiimote will be the focal point. The uPad is basically the wiiU, they keep saying that, that's what they're pushing. The wiimote will be relegated to optional control methods when devs choose to implement it, or for local multiplayer.

It's also a unique situation where the Wiimote is required for local multiplayer. I agree that the DRC is the focal point, but they can't ignore the Wii Remote if the Wii U controller is limited to 1 per console. No other game console has require two different types of controller to play multiplayer.
Ivan A Nguyen
I was wondering if the thread would make it to E3. I guess I have my answer now.

Wii U Speculation thread V : Brought to you by Tiger Electronics.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(05-03-2012, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

From how they presented at E3, I was assuming that a Wii Remote would be included in the Wii U package.

That's the sense I get. I mean, they're keeping the "Wii" name, which is quite synonymous with that remote. And they used it pretty prominently in the initial promo video..
udivision
(05-03-2012, 07:04 PM)

My thoughts exactly. It's more of an optional method of controls similar to how the GC controller was also an optional method. It's really up to the developer to choose whether they want Wiimote functionality.

It's not going to be like that at all because, unlike the GC controller, the Wii Mote is going to be pretty important for basic local multiplayer from what we know.

This isn't a simple backwards compatibility thing.
TheGreatMightyPoo
(05-03-2012, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

That's the sense I get. I mean, they're keeping the "Wii" name, which is quite synonymous with that remote. And they used it pretty prominently in the initial promo video..

Maybe it will look a tad different!!!
comedy bomb
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGreatMightyPoo

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Other M(iyamoto): The baby, The Reggie Baby

Is the reggie baby that hideous pic that gets posted once and a while? If so it should definitely be the big image in the next threads op.
+Aliken+
(05-03-2012, 07:06 PM)
I love it, two pages to decide the next thread title :D
test_account
XP-39Cē

Originally Posted by Fourth Storm

We don't know what the Wii U's "Wii Sports" is gonna be yet, except that it's not going to be Wii U Sports. This is to say, Nintendo have recently stated that they are not going to be selling the Wii U based primarily on those sports experiences at E3 last year. I'm sure there's going to be a Wii U Sports at some point or another (maybe even right at launch), but they've got something completely different brewing in order to showcase the new types of gaming made possible by the DRC.

Whatever this may end up being, I doubt it will use both a Wii Remote and DRC for a single player (as the Wii U golf demo did). It will be a complete experience using only the DRC.

It could be. It will probably be something more in the direction of "WiiU Play" i guess.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned

Did they move E3 to early May, or are you predicting the Fall of GAF?

lol no I can see us getting to 2 more threads but the second one might be out right before E3, then when that happens there will be a new thread and VI might be abandoned.
Linkhero1

Originally Posted by udivision

It's not going to be like that at all because, unlike the GC controller, the Wii Mote is going to be pretty important for basic local multiplayer from what we know.

This isn't a simple backwards compatibility thing.

My point is that it's optional just like GC controller was. Developers simply don't have to choose it as the main method of controls. That will be the Wii U Pad.
TheGreatMightyPoo

Originally Posted by comedy bomb

Is the reggie baby that hideous pic that gets posted once and a while? If so it should definitely be the big image in the next threads op.

Yeah, I found it at some stupid site and posted it here and I didn't think much of it...

The rest is history.
kami_sama
(05-03-2012, 07:07 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Symptoms of Delirium

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'm not English speaking :P
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
WiiU ST V: Suffer like Wii did
Conor 419
Banned
Yeah, we'll probably get to 6.

Bagsy making 6 btw, I have special plans.
Linkhero1
(05-03-2012, 07:08 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

WiiU ST V: Suffer like Wii did

Haha I like it.
-Pyromaniac-
(05-03-2012, 07:08 PM)

Originally Posted by BD1

It's also a unique situation where the Wiimote is required for local multiplayer. I agree that the DRC is the focal point, but they can't ignore the Wii Remote if the Wii U controller is limited to 1 per console. No other game console has require two different types of controller to play multiplayer.

yeah that's why I said it'll be there for devs who choose to make it an option for games or for local multiplayer where it seems like it'll be needed. Definitely won't be pushed in games as the main thing though, not for 99% of games I imagine.
comedy bomb
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGreatMightyPoo

Yeah, I found it at some stupid site and posted it here and I didn't think much of it...

The rest is history.

Too bad it wasn't a gaf original. We could have Wii U Speculation thread V: The Monster we made.
methodman
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:11 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Plead the Fifth
TheCongressman1
(05-03-2012, 07:15 PM)
Another design:

Yes, the analogs are lined up. Deal with it, lol.

I really like how it resembles the WiiU.
daCuk
(05-03-2012, 07:16 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Let the carnage begin!
SaintMadeOfPlaster
(05-03-2012, 07:17 PM)

We have a winner.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(05-03-2012, 07:18 PM)

Originally Posted by SaintMadeOfPlaster

We have a winner.

Agree wholeheartedly. Nailed it!
GameplayWhore

Hah! This amuses me, but the best titles generally have something to do with something that happened during the prior thread.

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Vandals in ruin, libraries broken, floor plans in motion
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Direct Download My Soul, Iwata!
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Satterfield right, Officially excite!
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Bringing console gaming to a porch near you
Wii U Speculation Thread V: K Is For Kitty, M Is For Miyamoto

Originally Posted by Anslon

I was wondering if the thread would make it to E3. I guess I have my answer now.

Wii U Speculation thread V : Brought to you by Tiger Electronics.

I also like this one. :D
Last edited by GameplayWhore; 05-03-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Redford
aka Cabbie

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

Another design:

Analogs are better now, but keep the black bezel. It's a distinctive part of the look. :P

And the slit speakers make it look kind of cheap, like the DSi. But otherwise very nice, love the white.
PhoReal
(05-03-2012, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

Another design:

The top screen looks like a face to me and I can't unsee it now. :(
TheCongressman1
(05-03-2012, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Cabbie

Analogs are better now, but keep the black bezel. It's a distinctive part of the look. :P

Eh, I don't like that black pannel too much because I hate the glossy, and it wouldn't look right in matte. Perhaps make it a choice like Apple does with their Macbooks?

Originally Posted by PhoReal

The top screen looks like a face to me and I can't unsee it now. :(

I know. That's the best part of it. Giant smiling DS.
Last edited by TheCongressman1; 05-03-2012 at 07:33 PM.
udivision
(05-03-2012, 07:24 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Current Gen on the Horizon
*That pic of the wii u bus arriving at the scene must be in OP*
Smiles and Cries
back to my old
nipples and tits
(05-03-2012, 07:25 PM)
busy day for me all day today so I'll check back tonight for New Thread
Vagabundo
(05-03-2012, 07:26 PM)
I think losing IR controls would be a deal breaker for a lot of the Wii userbase. I'd say that nintenod might mandate it as a control method.

I know I won't be getting it unless every FPS uses IR pointing. No way I'm going back to the bad old days.
Bluemercury
(05-03-2012, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Vagabundo

I think losing IR controls would be a deal breaker for a lot of the Wii userbase. I'd say that nintenod might mandate it as a control method.

I know I won't be getting it unless every FPS uses IR pointing. No way I'm going back to the bad old days.

this.
udivision
(05-03-2012, 07:30 PM)

There doesn't need to be forced mandates or anything.
Nintendo and other developers should just use common sense.

-A huge chunk of the probable/possible Wii U audience is going to be Wii owners. There is no getting around that.
-Most Wii owners have more than 1 Wii mote, by virtue of Wii Sports Tennis.
-There is no need to pack in a Wiimote with the Wii U
-Assuming that a Wii U owner has a Wiimote will not hurt the game, and at the very "worst" will make the owner to finally get one. Just remember to market that aspect.
Agent Unknown
(05-03-2012, 07:30 PM)
Wii U Speculation Thread Episode V: "Who's Your Daddy? (Reggie in Vader suit) The NiNpire Strikes Back." Shiggy as Yoda, Iwata as Luke.

Wii U Speculation Episode VI: "Return of the Threadi and the Revenge of E3 2006." Pic of Iwata as Luke unmasking a peaceful looking and redeemed Vader-Reggie. Bill Trinen as Obi Wan, Shigs-Yoda, and Reggie-Anakin then all look on with approval as Luke-Iwata sets fire to a Vader suit clutching a black Wii.
GameplayWhore
(05-03-2012, 07:32 PM)

Mandating stuff* is the way to piss off third parties.

The correct way is to abstract the controls and build functions into the SDK in a way that makes it so easy to implement the different options that the devs barely notice it. Not saying this is particularly easy, mind you.

Also, it floors me that there was one and only one splitscreen competitive multiplayer shooter that supported both control options. I would really, really like to have more games of this nature in the coming years.

* edit: Unless you're Microsoft, I guess
fabricated backlash
(05-03-2012, 07:34 PM)

I probably will avoid all shooters who don't give me an IR aiming option. Analog aiming can suck a fat one.
ozfunghi
(05-03-2012, 07:35 PM)

Hah! This amuses me, but the best titles generally have something to do with something that happened during the prior thread.

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Vandals in ruin, libraries broken, floor plans in motion
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Direct Download My Soul, Iwata!
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Satterfield right, Officially excite!
Wii U Speculation Thread V: Bringing console gaming to a porch near you
Wii U Speculation Thread V: K Is For Kitty, M Is For Miyamoto

I like it.