• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-12-2012, 06:02 PM)
Cyan's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

All I hear him saying is "Durrrrrrrrr"

Well that makes sense since Cal is a school for dumb people.
bluemax
Banned
(01-12-2012, 06:04 PM)

Originally Posted by krzy123

I think the USC one would look better w/ a centered logo instead of:

Agreed. Shit, I wonder if I have any street team points?

Anyone want to buy shirts using my street team link?
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:04 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan

Well that makes sense since Cal is a school for dumb people.

I am not saying Cal is a dumb school, but he looks "special," kinda like the Matt Damon puppet in Team America.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-12-2012, 06:06 PM)
Cyan's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

I am not saying Cal is a dumb school, but he looks "special," kinda like the Matt Damon puppet in Team America.

No, I agree, that bear looks like he's derping out. I'm just saying it makes sense that they'd choose that depiction.
bluemax
Banned
(01-12-2012, 06:08 PM)
If anyone decides they're gonna buy one, use my street team link!

I will gladly return the favor!
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:14 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan

Well that makes sense since Cal is a school for dumb people.

Yeah I met a girl from Cal once.

Smoking hot, but dumb as a brick. She didn't appreciate my commentary about how Dick Cheney is really a cyborg from outer space bent on destroying us all.

Seriously, I was laying down some hard truth & backing it up with facts, and she couldn't believe it. What kind of students do you turn out at Cal?
andycapps
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:14 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by bluemax

If anyone decides they're gonna buy one, use my street team link!

I will gladly return the favor!

Can you please explain what exactly this does? Probably ordering my shirt today.

Do their shirts run pretty true to size, or small?
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:15 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sirpopopop

Yeah I met a girl from Cal once.

Smoking hot, but dumb as a brick. She didn't appreciate my commentary about how Dick Cheney is really a cyborg from outer space bent on destroying us all.

Seriously, I was laying down some hard truth & backing it up with facts, and she couldn't believe it. What kind of students do you turn out at Cal?

Did you tell her he literally has no pulse?
StrikerObi
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:18 PM)
StrikerObi's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

Can you please explain what exactly this does? Probably ordering my shirt today.

Do their shirts run pretty true to size, or small?

If you buy through his link he gets 2 (I think) street team points for your purchase, which is like $3 off his next purchase.

Their shirts are pretty comparable to American Apparel, so slightly smaller than usual. I'd say if (for example) a small shirt from a store is snug on you, then you should probably go up to Medium.

BTW, bluemax, you can give yourself street team points. I've been doing it for years. Log out of Threadless, then follow your own Street Team link to the site and put stuff in your cart. Just log-in right before you purchase. I haven't bought a shirt from there in almost a year so they might have fixed this, but it has worked for years for me in the past. This means that basically all of your purchases should be $3 off forever.
Last edited by StrikerObi; 01-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.
bluemax
Banned
(01-12-2012, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by andycapps

Can you please explain what exactly this does? Probably ordering my shirt today.

Do their shirts run pretty true to size, or small?

Sure, if you click the link and buy a shirt, I get free credit on their site that I can use towards purchasing something. I think its like 3 points or something for every shirt purchased with my link, which equals like $2 off?


Originally Posted by StrikerObi

Their shirts are pretty comparable to American Apparel, so slightly smaller than usual. I'd say if (for example) a small shirt from a store is snug on you, then you should probably go up to Medium.

BTW, bluemax, you can give yourself street team points. I've been doing it for years. Log out of Threadless, then follow your own Street Team link to the site and put stuff in your cart. Just log-in right before you purchase. I haven't bought a shirt from there in almost a year so they might have fixed this, but it has worked for years for me in the past.

Yeah they used to use AA but not they use their own brand or something. I've bought plenty of shirts from them and they all fit nicely and have held up pretty well. I'm like 5'8" 185lb ish and have mostly bought Large shirts from them if you want a size comparison.

Thanks for the heads up about the street team thing, I'll have to try it.
Last edited by bluemax; 01-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Lonestar
Member
(01-12-2012, 06:33 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Unofficially Official, that Trent Richardson, Donte Hightower, and Dre Kirkpatrick are off to the NFL. It's also Unofficially Official that LSU's Mo Claiborne and Michael Brockers are also NFL bound.
cashman
Steroid-era GAF poster
(01-12-2012, 07:07 PM)
cashman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Unofficially Official, that Trent Richardson, Donte Hightower, and Dre Kirkpatrick are off to the NFL. It's also Unofficially Official that LSU's Mo Claiborne and Michael Brockers are also NFL bound.

So is this what the Saban presser is about?
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-12-2012, 07:09 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by cashman

So is this what the Saban presser is about?

Retiring to help pandas reproduce.
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-12-2012, 07:50 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

Did you tell her he literally has no pulse?

Yes, I did. THE FACTS MAN! THE FACTS!

This Cal education thing. I feel that UT should do a study into this pressing issue. It can be used as further support in your argument as to why you decided to forego the academically inferior Pac-12 for the academically superior Big 12.
perfectchaos007
Member
(01-12-2012, 08:13 PM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar
I was near a really dumb blonde at the UT vs. UCLA game. She was decked out in UCLA gear, annoyingly loud, and occasionally cheered for a good play by UT. Her UCLA boyfriend had to explain the rules to her on occasion, and it took her a few minutes to understand she should not have cheered for UCLA when Case McCoy threw a 50 yard pass completion, even though a UCLA player tipped it.
andycapps
Member
(01-12-2012, 08:19 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Unofficially Official, that Trent Richardson, Donte Hightower, and Dre Kirkpatrick are off to the NFL. It's also Unofficially Official that LSU's Mo Claiborne and Michael Brockers are also NFL bound.

That isn't much of an announcement considering everyone expected the above anyway.
Lonestar
Member
(01-12-2012, 08:37 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Russell Shepard with a couple more tweets:

LSUShep10 Russell Shepard
Me having 14 catches for only 190 yards this year is not my fault people...I only #dropped 4 balls all year...So who fault is it now?

LSUShep10 Russell Shepard
But out of those 14 catches I still had 4 touchdowns you guys trying to talk down on me gives me more reason to leave.. I Can't believe this

:lol
andycapps
Member
(01-12-2012, 09:30 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Russell Shepard with a couple more tweets:

:lol

I can't believe that Miles hasn't cut him off on Twitter yet. That's crazy that he can complain about stuff on there and not get in trouble.
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-12-2012, 09:33 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar
Stop trolling Russell Sheppard Lonestar.

DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN TO BE TERRORIZING A POOR 6'5ish BEAST OF A RECEIVER ON TWITTER ABOUT HIS SHORTCOMINGS?
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-12-2012, 09:34 PM)
Cyan's Avatar
It's not his fault people.
Lonestar
Member
(01-12-2012, 09:53 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
perfectchaos007
Member
(01-12-2012, 10:24 PM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

An Alabama vs. LSU scoresummary.gif would be a good way for kids to learn their multiples of 3's
bearcatjosh
Member
(01-13-2012, 04:54 AM)
bearcatjosh's Avatar
So a 4 star lineman switched his commitment from LSU to Auburn and is already enrolled. Feels good man.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-13-2012, 05:12 AM)
Cyan's Avatar

"Hi! I'm Craig James and I accepted money and gifts while at SMU! I totally promise they were small ones, though. Totally promise."

Former ESPN college football analyst Craig James, jumping into the fray of Texas' Senate race Thursday, said he accepted "an insignificant amount" of gifts from Southern Methodist University supporters when he was a star running back at the Dallas school three decades ago.

Asked at a news conference whether he'd taken money or valuables from boosters, James said, "It was an insignificant amount that I had when I was at SMU. It was wrong. And I was 18, 19 years old."

James declined to specify what gifts he accepted and how much money, nor from whom

Still no word on the five hookers.
killertofu
Member
(01-13-2012, 05:15 AM)
killertofu's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrikerObi

Threadless has released a set of 11 University mascot shirts. Some of these are insanely cool. Also there's one for Illionis...

http://www.threadless.com/curated/college/

Really hoping they add more. The ones in this initial set are all pretty great. I'd love an FSU one.

Some of those are nice... need a Gata one.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-13-2012, 05:28 AM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan


"Hi! I'm Craig James and I accepted money and gifts while at SMU! I totally promise they were small ones, though. Totally promise."



Still no word on the five hookers.



Prevail and Ride
Karakand
named a GAFfer's kid.
Yeah. I said Holy Shit too.
(01-13-2012, 06:14 AM)
Karakand's Avatar
what kind of effing hipster shirt is this?

http://www.threadless.com/product/35...uins/tab,guys/

losing your touch threadless
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-13-2012, 06:20 AM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karakand

what kind of effing hipster shirt is this?

http://www.threadless.com/product/35...uins/tab,guys/

losing your touch threadless

Its a very happy bear. At least its not herp derp like the Cal one is.
bigtroyjon
Member
(01-13-2012, 06:27 AM)
After hiring an Oregon St. alum away from Oregon St. (to coach the same position no less) UW's defensive staff contains 4 guys from the three northwest rivals.
DC and LB coach, graduated from Oregon.
DL/ST, graduated from WSU
DB coach, graduated from Oregon St.

If they somehow steal away Cal's DL coach, their best recruiter(also a Cal alum) this might be the most trolololol defensive coaching staff ever.

Sounds like a longshot, and he already told them no, but rumor is that they aren't giving up and have offered him a Co-DC position along with DL and upwards of $1 million.
cdyhybrid
(01-13-2012, 06:28 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar
And Oregon fans wonder why we hate them:

Originally Posted by Ted Miller's Mailbag

Kyle (Portland)

The only thing more boring then watching SEC football is beating the huskies every year in what use to be a fun and exciting rivalry, now it just sad. Who do you think will be Oregon's new rivalry over the next ten years or more?

Ted Miller (3:15 PM)

Ohhhh... don't take Washington for granted. The Huskies used to do that with Oregon in the early 90s. How did that go for them?

Keep in mind we still lead the series 57-41 with 5 ties, despite the fact that they've won the last 8 and 13 out of 17.

Originally Posted by bigtroyjon

After hiring an Oregon St. alum away from Oregon St. (to coach the same position no less) UW's defensive staff contains 4 guys from the three northwest rivals.
DC and LB coach, graduated from Oregon.
DL/ST, graduated from WSU
DB coach, graduated from Oregon St.

If they somehow steal away Cal's DL coach, their best recruiter(also a Cal alum) this might be the most trolololol defensive coaching staff ever.

Sounds like a longshot, and he already told them no, but rumor is that they aren't giving up and have offered him a Co-DC position along with DL and upwards of $1 million.

One mil for a D-line coach (co-DC would be in title only, Wilcox will be calling all the shots) is crazy. I think it'd be worth it, though. He's an unbelievable recruiter and he'd be in line to take over at DC, since Wilcox will probably be leaving for a HC gig in 2 or 3 years, and probably taking Sirmon to be his DC. Hope Sark gets it done.
bigtroyjon
Member
(01-13-2012, 06:34 AM)

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

One mil for a D-line coach (co-DC would be in title only, Wilcox will be calling all the shots) is crazy. I think it'd be worth it, though. He's an unbelievable recruiter and he'd be in line to take over at DC, since Wilcox will probably be leaving for a HC gig in 2 or 3 years, and probably taking Sirmon to be his DC. Hope Sark gets it done.

I just like reading stuff like this

Originally Posted by ESPN West Coast recruiting guy

Coach O is at $650,000 but yeh, UW is one of the few schools out there that pretty much has an open checkbook

Nice to finally have an administration ready to do what it takes instead of making excuses.(Hedges, Turner)
bluemax
Banned
(01-13-2012, 06:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Karakand

what kind of effing hipster shirt is this?

http://www.threadless.com/product/35...uins/tab,guys/

losing your touch threadless

Should've gone with the Ed Hardy one:

http://atrium.threadless.com/ucla/su...here-be-light/

Or stunner shades Joe Bruin:

http://atrium.threadless.com/ucla/su.../come-on-ucla/
cdyhybrid
(01-13-2012, 06:43 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigtroyjon

I just like reading stuff like this


Nice to finally have an administration ready to do what it takes instead of making excuses.(Hedges, Turner)

Yeah. It also helps that the AD is completely self-sufficient.
Karakand
named a GAFfer's kid.
Yeah. I said Holy Shit too.
(01-13-2012, 06:48 AM)
Karakand's Avatar

Originally Posted by bluemax

Should've gone with the Ed Hardy one:

http://atrium.threadless.com/ucla/su...here-be-light/

Or stunner shades Joe Bruin:

http://atrium.threadless.com/ucla/su.../come-on-ucla/

second one is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

first one looks like some shitty alt rock band shirt
bigtroyjon
Member
(01-13-2012, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Yeah. It also helps that the AD is completely self-sufficient.

AD has always been self sufficient, never stopped previous AD's from hamstringing the program. Woodward make it clear he was serious about football when he cut the swimming program(wish he didn't have to but it was way too much money to spend without on campus facilities). Hiring a just been fired Ty Willy was a great sign that the people in charge didn't use to give a shit about football.(last ever comment about the shit from the past for me, just getting it off my chest.)

You check out the construction cams lately? Spooky and a little surreal with the stands completely gone now.
cdyhybrid
(01-13-2012, 06:55 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigtroyjon

AD has always been self sufficient, never stopped previous AD's from hamstringing the program. Woodward make it clear he was serious about football when he cut the swimming program(wish he didn't have to but it was way too much money to spend without on campus facilities). Hiring a just been fired Ty Willy was a great sign that the people in charge didn't use to give a shit about football.(last ever comment about the shit from the past for me, just getting it off my chest.)

You check out the construction cams lately? Spooky and a little surreal with the stands completely gone now.

I haven't checked them recently. Getting back on the horse and gonna start going back to the IMA next week, so I'll see it when I drive by. I kinda don't want to look until it's finished, haha.
Piggus
Member
(01-13-2012, 07:03 AM)
Piggus's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

And Oregon fans wonder why we hate them:



Keep in mind we still lead the series 57-41 with 5 ties, despite the fact that they've won the last 8 and 13 out of 17.



One mil for a D-line coach (co-DC would be in title only, Wilcox will be calling all the shots) is crazy. I think it'd be worth it, though. He's an unbelievable recruiter and he'd be in line to take over at DC, since Wilcox will probably be leaving for a HC gig in 2 or 3 years, and probably taking Sirmon to be his DC. Hope Sark gets it done.

Don't worry, we hate you too. Wouldn't be much of a rivalry if we didn't.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-13-2012, 07:22 AM)
Cyan's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

One mil for a D-line coach (co-DC would be in title only, Wilcox will be calling all the shots) is crazy. I think it'd be worth it, though. He's an unbelievable recruiter and he'd be in line to take over at DC, since Wilcox will probably be leaving for a HC gig in 2 or 3 years, and probably taking Sirmon to be his DC. Hope Sark gets it done.

Fairly credible Cal source says there was indeed a U Dub offer out for Tosh, though it's not clear it was that high, and he turned it down.

Dude is crazy enthusiastic about Cal--part of what makes him such a great recruiter. I think it might take a DC offer to move him.
bigtroyjon
Member
(01-13-2012, 07:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Cyan

Fairly credible Cal source says there was indeed a U Dub offer out for Tosh, though it's not clear it was that high, and he turned it down.

Dude is crazy enthusiastic about Cal--part of what makes him such a great recruiter. I think it might take a DC offer to move him.

The rumor of the moment is that they've gone back after he had turned them down with a higher offer and Wilcox has offered to have him be the Co-DC with the understanding he takes over if/when Wilcox moves on to be a head coach.(would love to take 3 different schools' best recruiter in one off season.)

I guess since it's a long shot(probably no shot), I should start looking at who is the best recruiter at some other Pac 12 schools since I'm sure those guys will be the next targets for the last open position.
Pristine_Condition
Member
(01-13-2012, 08:11 AM)
Pristine_Condition's Avatar

Former ESPN college football analyst Craig James, jumping into the fray of Texas' Senate race Thursday, said he accepted "an insignificant amount" of gifts from Southern Methodist University supporters when he was a star running back at the Dallas school three decades ago.

Asked at a news conference whether he'd taken money or valuables from boosters, James said, "It was an insignificant amount that I had when I was at SMU. It was wrong. And I was 18, 19 years old."

James declined to specify what gifts he accepted and how much money, nor from whom

An insignificant amount of gifts?

1) a car

2) an envelope filled with cash

3) a donor's credit card

4) a swank apartment

See? Only four gifts...an insignificant amount of gifts, really.
NEOPARADIGM
Member
(01-13-2012, 08:25 AM)
NEOPARADIGM's Avatar
He fits right in with the GOP politicians.
Meier
(01-13-2012, 02:50 PM)
Meier's Avatar
I don't know the story behind Dot's face in this picture (just bad timing or if he's developed something or what) but someone made an incredible animated gif in response to it.


Lonestar
Member
(01-13-2012, 03:34 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Hearing that Saban's also interviewing Washington's OC, Doug Nussmeier, to become Alabama's OC.

Washington Fan: He any good?
BertramCooper
Member
(01-13-2012, 03:40 PM)
BertramCooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrikerObi

Threadless has released a set of 11 University mascot shirts. Some of these are insanely cool. Also there's one for Illionis...

http://www.threadless.com/curated/college/

Here's a few of the better ones. USC Warrior is my favorite. Simple and clean, but also awesome looking.

Really hoping they add more. The ones in this initial set are all pretty great. I'd love an FSU one.

Kind of a random assortment of schools there. Most are pretty cool, though. I bet they could do a really fun one with Brutus Buckeye.
ElectricBlue187
Banned
(01-13-2012, 03:43 PM)
ElectricBlue187's Avatar

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

Kind of a random assortment of schools there. Most are pretty cool, though. I bet they could do a really fun one with Brutus Buckeye.

Yeah it seemed like they were going for popularity on a few of them (LSU, SoCal) but then went and did Cal and Colorado?
Westonian
Member
(01-13-2012, 03:52 PM)
Westonian's Avatar
Utah has interviewed Gary Crowton to replace the outgoing Norm Chow as offensive coordinator.

*closes eyes super tight and crosses fingers*
Please let this happen. Please let this happen. Please let this happen.
Meier
(01-13-2012, 03:57 PM)
Meier's Avatar

Originally Posted by krzy123

I think the USC one would look better w/ a centered logo instead of:

I think the USC shirt is fucking amazing -- that is probably the best shirt on the entire site frankly. Reminds me of a Mondo poster.

I do appreciate that they chose a dude who is on the tubby side for the UM photo. Anything to laugh at them.

Lonestar
Member
(01-13-2012, 04:27 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Sounds like it's official, Sal Sunseri to become the DC at Tennessee. 800k a year for 3 years, guaranteed in full.
iamtheb
Member
(01-13-2012, 04:57 PM)
So who do you guys this WVU gets as their D coordinator? It seems like everyone I hear are the same guys Clemson, Auburn, and UT (who just got their man) wanted. I'd heard rumblings of Randy Shannon at WVU, but I find it quite far-fetched. Shannon was (supposedly) hit with a trash can from the upper deck of Mountaineer Field while coaching for Miami in the mid-90's. I find it hard to believe that happened because the guy would have to have one hell of an arm with pinpoint accuracy to boot. Anyway, the story goes that he sued the school. I've never found a news article about it, but a coworker who is in the know with all things WVU football swears it happened.

The WVU boards say that is AD Oliver Luck's man, but Holgorsen has another list with Brian Stewart of UH and Will Venable at Oklahoma.

I know we're getting Joe Deforest from OSU, but I'm not sure what position. I think it's possible he'll take a co-defensive coordinator position as he was special teams/associate head coach.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-13-2012, 05:54 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar
FULMER CUPDATE: SOUTH CAROLINA, AS USUAL, FIRES FIRST

The first points of the 2012 Fulmer Cup are awarded to South Carolina for the arrest of Byron Jerideau, a redshirt junior defensive tackle arrested in Columbia's vortex of minor criminal behavior, Five Points. (Blake Mitchell nods, and sips a beer quietly in the corner in your honor, Byron.) Jerideau's arrest for "disorderly conduct" early Friday morning comes without details of exactly how disorderly Jerideau was, but the mugshot from the Richland County Jail is pretty special all by itself.

Congrats South Carolina!

Thread Tools