• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-19-2012, 05:48 AM)
Cyan's Avatar
So word is our new WR Coach is Wes Chandler. Great player... back in the day.

Not sure if want.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(01-19-2012, 06:20 AM)
Cornballer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyan

So word is our new WR Coach is Wes Chandler. Great player... back in the day.

Not sure if want.

Sounded like Charlie Collins would have been a better fit, but who knows...

By the way, did you see the lovely basketball news today? The hits keep coming. I can't wait for this week to be over.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-19-2012, 06:25 AM)
Cyan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornballer

Sounded like Charlie Collins would have been a better fit, but who knows...

Yeah, recruits sounded pretty excited about him. Oh well.

By the way, did you see the lovely basketball news today? The hits keep coming. I can't wait for this week to be over.

Seriously. :/
Meier
(01-19-2012, 07:12 AM)
Meier's Avatar
Damn, not too happy about Venables to Clemson. Sure, he's not as good as Mike Stoops was but he's a damn good DC. Of course, Steele was before he went there too so who knows.
bigtroyjon
Member
(01-19-2012, 07:28 AM)
So I was going to make some sarcastic post about Gary Pinkel showing up to a high school in a helicopter due to his drunk driving issues but turns out this isn't a new thing for him.
bluemax
Banned
(01-19-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by claviertekky

Word has it that a former USC WR (5-star recruit) has transferred to Northwestern.

Wow.

All I've seen is that NW is on his list of schools he's considering along with Illinois and Wisconsin. Apparently he wants to go somewhere closer to home and probably where he will get more playing time.
cdyhybrid
(01-19-2012, 01:35 PM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meier

Damn, not too happy about Venables to Clemson. Sure, he's not as good as Mike Stoops was but he's a damn good DC. Of course, Steele was before he went there too so who knows.

Clemson gonna Clems.
bluemax
Banned
(01-19-2012, 06:13 PM)
Bruce Feldman's way too early pre-season top 10.
Last edited by bluemax; 01-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:17 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar
Interesting piece from the NY Times

Penn State’s Trustees Recount Painful Decision to Fire Paterno
chaosblade
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:22 PM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by bluemax

Bruce Feldman's way too early pre-season top 10.

Top 3 were too obvious. And FSU :lol
LosDaddie
keeping Americuh safe
(01-19-2012, 06:36 PM)
LosDaddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by bluemax

Bruce Feldman's way too early pre-season top 10.

Why is FSU in the Top 10?

:(
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:45 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by LosDaddie

Why is FSU in the Top 10?

:(

To build you up to ridiculous ideas that you will contend for the national title, so the fall will be that much sweeter. The tears after losing to Duke or something will cure illness and extend life.

Sorry, but that is your current lot in life.
BertramCooper
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:48 PM)
BertramCooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

Interesting piece from the NY Times

Penn State’s Trustees Recount Painful Decision to Fire Paterno

Firing Paterno over the phone was dumb (and cowardly), but I give the PSU trustees a lot of credit for how they've handled this. So far, they've done pretty much everything that needed to be done. It just sucks that the students and alumni are being so retarded.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:51 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

Firing Paterno over the phone was dumb (and cowardly), but I give the PSU trustees a lot of credit for how they've handled this. So far, they've done pretty much everything that needed to be done. It just sucks that the students and alumni are being so retarded.

They really laid into the school president about his lack of reporting a sexual abuse case that happened on campus and his handling after the story finally broke. Then, he didn't respond when the Times called him up.

What a dick.
bluemax
Banned
(01-19-2012, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by LosDaddie

Why is FSU in the Top 10?

:(

Same reason they are every year? Fertile recruiting ground, weak conference, a modicum of history.
andycapps
Member
(01-19-2012, 06:58 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by LosDaddie

Why is FSU in the Top 10?

:(

Surprised ND isn't in his list. :p
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-19-2012, 07:09 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar
I really like reading the comments section of any article about Joe Paterno. The Cult of Penn State always leaps up to defend their hero. It's interesting how JoePa comes off so well in the NY Times Article Section, and the Board gets hounded for not thinking about the victims.
Lonestar
Member
(01-19-2012, 08:19 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar

@RobbieAndreu: This is the first time since 2004 that Florida has not had an underclassman declare for the NFL Draft.

Go Gata
andycapps
Member
(01-19-2012, 08:24 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Go Gata

They're coming back for a championship.
chaosblade
Member
(01-19-2012, 08:39 PM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

They're coming back for a championship.

Being champs of the state of Florida doesn't really mean much when FSU and Miami are both pretty down.
LosDaddie
keeping Americuh safe
(01-19-2012, 09:04 PM)
LosDaddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

To build you up to ridiculous ideas that you will contend for the national title, so the fall will be that much sweeter. The tears after losing to Duke or something will cure illness and extend life.

Sorry, but that is your current lot in life.

eh, at least we haven't had a losing season in a long while. Longest active bowl streak and winning seasons in the nation. :)


Originally Posted by bluemax

Same reason they are every year? Fertile recruiting ground, weak conference, a modicum of history.

But Top 10 after last season? ugh




Originally Posted by andycapps

Surprised ND isn't in his list. :p

SI had it right that whoever won the bowl game would be ranked too high in the preseason.
Iceman
Member
(01-19-2012, 09:13 PM)
Iceman's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosblade

Being champs of the state of Florida doesn't really mean much when FSU and Miami are both pretty down.

Insert overly stated: being the champ of florida is huge primarily for recruiting. When your state has the highest amount of nationwide recruits per capita (aka the recuiting mecca) it matters that you are making an impression to these local high schoolers.
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-19-2012, 09:18 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iceman

Insert overly stated: being the champ of florida is huge primarily for recruiting. When your state has the highest amount of nationwide recruits per capita (aka the recuiting mecca) it matters that you are making an impression to these local high schoolers.

No, it still means nothing.
andycapps
Member
(01-19-2012, 09:26 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iceman

Insert overly stated: being the champ of florida is huge primarily for recruiting. When your state has the highest amount of nationwide recruits per capita (aka the recuiting mecca) it matters that you are making an impression to these local high schoolers.

With it being such a good recruiting state, I don't think the advantage or disadvantage is that great. Meaning, there's plenty of great recruits to go around, you can only sign so many. I don't think any of the big 3 FL teams will ever really be hurting for recruits, their problems are usually with coaching.
bluemax
Banned
(01-19-2012, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by andycapps

With it being such a good recruiting state, I don't think the advantage or disadvantage is that great. Meaning, there's plenty of great recruits to go around, you can only sign so many. I don't think any of the big 3 FL teams will ever really be hurting for recruits, their problems are usually with coaching.

You could probably say the same about California and yet look at ucla!
LosDaddie
keeping Americuh safe
(01-19-2012, 09:38 PM)
LosDaddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

With it being such a good recruiting state, I don't think the advantage or disadvantage is that great. Meaning, there's plenty of great recruits to go around, you can only sign so many. I don't think any of the big 3 FL teams will ever really be hurting for recruits, their problems are usually with coaching.

Correct, but winning the State Championship usually means you get to pick the recruits you want, not just get the leftovers. Right now, Miami is getting the leftovers while FSU and the gatas get to pretty much pick the recruits they want.
GodfatherX
Member
(01-19-2012, 09:53 PM)
GodfatherX's Avatar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrLDQSBwx-g

can somebody explain how this Florida RB that's 5'10" 215lbs who runs over everyone is only a 2 star recruit? Love that we picked this kid up
Lonestar
Member
(01-19-2012, 09:55 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sirpopopop

No, it still means nothing.

Top 10 Florida Prospects

2012
#1 Georgia
#2
#3
#4 Alabama
#5 Florida State
#6 Florida State
#7 Alabama
#8 Miami
#9 Clemson
#10 Stanford

2011
#1 Alabama
#2 Florida State
#3 Florida State
#4 Clemson
#5 Clemson
#6 Alabama
#7 Clemson
#8 Notre Dame
#9 Florida State
#10 Florida

2010
#1 Florida State
#2 Florida State
#3 Florida
#4 Auburn
#5 West Virginia
#6 Florida State
#7 Florida
#8 Florida
#9 Florida State
#10 Florida

2009
#1 Alabama
#2 Miami
#3 Florida State
#4 Florida
#5 Florida
#6 Florida State
#7 Georgia
#8 Notre Dame
#9 Ohio State
#10 South Florida

2008
#1 LSU
#2 Miami
#3 Ohio State
#4 Florida State
#5 Florida
#6 Miami
#7 Ohio State
#8 Florida
#9 Miami
#10 Miami

2007
#1 Florida
#2 Florida
#3 West Virginia
#4 Auburn
#5 Western Michigan
#6 Florida
#7 Florida State
#8 Florida
#9 Florida
#10 Notre Dame

Lately, I'd say it's more like Alabama and Clemson have won the state :D
truly101
I got grudge sucked!
(01-19-2012, 10:15 PM)
truly101's Avatar
We're getting a transfer from TOSU???!!! Jeremy Cash, a one time 4 star CB is supposedly coming to Durham. 5 WINS HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!
cdyhybrid
(01-19-2012, 10:52 PM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar
You guys need to post more so I don't have to resort to reading the garbage on Dawgman to get my CFB fix :p
mre
Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
(01-19-2012, 10:59 PM)
mre's Avatar
Alleged teabagee on Finebaum.
Lonestar
Member
(01-19-2012, 11:00 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar

Originally Posted by mre

Alleged teabagee on Finebaum.

Was wondering who that was. Still sounds hungover. Hearing it the background as I read the megaupload topic.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-19-2012, 11:02 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by mre

Alleged teabagee on Finebaum.

Has he talked about how it feels to being so drunk as to get sexually violated without putting up a fight?

And by sexually violated, I mean of course mean eating at Krystal, not getting teabagged.
truly101
I got grudge sucked!
(01-19-2012, 11:11 PM)
truly101's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

Has he talked about how it feels to being so drunk as to get sexually violated without putting up a fight?

And by sexually violated, I mean of course mean eating at Krystal, not getting teabagged.

I ate at a Krystal once in Pensacola. Once was enough.
Last edited by truly101; 01-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Lonestar
Member
(01-19-2012, 11:35 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Every couple of months, I'll go by and buy the #1 combo, which is like 4 burgers.

6-8 hours later, my pores start excreting a viscous goo. The next 12 hours: Be close to a toilet/Watercloset/LSU Fan/Commode/Outhouse/Trashcan



Football bit:

JoshatTheState Josh Kendall
A South Carolina BOT member has asked SEC to change rules and weight intra-division games one game and cross-division games as a half. 1/2

Thoughts???

Is this South Carolina hoping to compete with Georgia and their "no Alabama/LSU/Arkansas" policy?
Last edited by Lonestar; 01-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.
mre
Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
(01-20-2012, 03:52 AM)
mre's Avatar
http://www.theonion.com/articles/unp...ions-en,27034/

NEW ORLEANS—During a postgame ceremony Monday in which the Bowl Championship Series controversially awarded the Alabama Crimson Tide the 2012 NCAA championship trophy, the increasingly unpopular selection system proceeded to endorse Rick Santorum for president; spit on Samuel Carson, an 89-year-old World War II veteran holding the American flag for the ceremony; and then kick Carson's wife Rose down the stairs of the trophy-presentation platform.

"As we present Alabama with the national championship—despite the fact that they just defeated a team that beat them in their home stadium earlier this season—we have only one regret: that our great friend, Osama bin Laden, could not be here to see this," the BCS's statement following the Sugar Bowl read in part. "Congratulations to the Crimson Tide football team. Also, the BCS hates blacks, Latinos, and Asians."

"And gays," it continued. "We do, however, love the Taliban."

In an announcement earlier this year that it would award the national championship to whichever team emerged victorious from the BCS Championship Game—blatantly neglecting worthy teams such as one-loss Oklahoma State—the BCS also called for tax increases on the working class, open-pit strip-mining in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and the resumption of unrestricted whaling in the Pacific Ocean.

Moreover, the BCS said it supports Sharia law, hopes everyone gets cancer, and considered awarding the national championship to Notre Dame just to see the look on everyone's "stupid, fat-fuck face."

"Alabama, in achieving this victory against another SEC team from their own division, even though they did not even qualify for their own conference championship game, has shown they are true BCS champions," the organizer of five bowl matchups announced on its website Tuesday morning. "They deserve it more than anyone! Also, Adolph Hitler had some really good ideas."

With many critics saying this season more than any other has highlighted the problems inherent in the bowl system, BCS officials claimed that kids should always be struck with leather belts if they get even slightly out of line, and that arguments will always be part of the culture of college football.

"Debate over who 'deserves' the national championship will never die, unlike these tiny 2-day-old kittens I am crushing in my fists," BCS spokesman Charles Campbell said. "In a way, you can never really determine a national champion in college football any more than you can rape a woman who dresses in a short skirt and high heels. It just isn't realistically possible."

Defenders of the current system point to the fact that the BCS computer has numerically proven Alabama is the undisputed national champion, as can be verified in detailed documents that also reportedly refute global climate change, provide a workable economic plan based on a national policy of child slavery, and outline a solution for global thermonuclear war that would allow what it called an "acceptable" survivability rate of 9 percent for the East Coast of North America.

Still, anger and confusion over the BCS remain.

"Naturally people have a right to be upset with what the BCS has done here, between its picking Alabama, declaring the era of Japanese internment to be a shining moment in American history, and saying James Earl Jones should be murdered execution-style," ESPN football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said. "At the very least, it's time to tweak the system again."

"You have to admit," Herbstreit added, "any selection system that gives three-loss Wisconsin a top-10 ranking is absolutely detestable."

Monroeski
Member
(01-20-2012, 04:08 AM)
Monroeski's Avatar
Few days old, but Craig James' Senate campaign is off to a rough start:

...

The Public Policy Polling survey shows Dewhurst with 36 percent, Cruz, a former Texas solicitor general, at 18 percent, and Leppert at 7 percent.

James, who formally launched his campaign last week, draws 4 percent support. The former SMU Mustang and New England Patriot running back is struggling to overcome two liabilities: he’s largely unknown and he’s unpopular among those who know him.

...

James has a slightly higher name ID than Cruz — 30 percent to 29 percent — but most people who know him don’t like him. He has an 11 percent positive rating and 19 percent negative. Among fans of his alma mater, SMU, he is liked by 23 percent and disliked by 29 percent. He does particularly poorly among Texas Tech fans: 14 percent positive and 26 percent negative.

Anecdotally, even the Tech fans that are glad we got rid of Leach and think we're better off without him can't stand James. I don't know how he even got to 11% positive overall, much less 14% positive among Tech fans.
krzy123
Member
(01-20-2012, 06:21 AM)
krzy123's Avatar

Originally Posted by mre

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unp...ions-en,27034/

i read this a couple of days ago, the entire article should be bolded. Their last set of cfb articles have been money.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(01-20-2012, 07:10 AM)
Cyan's Avatar
Haha, this is actually pretty good: http://vimeo.com/35318858
Pristine_Condition
Member
(01-20-2012, 10:14 AM)
Pristine_Condition's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monroeski

Few days old, but Craig James' Senate campaign is off to a rough start:

...

The Public Policy Polling survey shows Dewhurst with 36 percent, Cruz, a former Texas solicitor general, at 18 percent, and Leppert at 7 percent.

James, who formally launched his campaign last week, draws 4 percent support. The former SMU Mustang and New England Patriot running back is struggling to overcome two liabilities: he’s largely unknown and he’s unpopular among those who know him.

...

James has a slightly higher name ID than Cruz — 30 percent to 29 percent — but most people who know him don’t like him. He has an 11 percent positive rating and 19 percent negative. Among fans of his alma mater, SMU, he is liked by 23 percent and disliked by 29 percent. He does particularly poorly among Texas Tech fans: 14 percent positive and 26 percent negative.


Anecdotally, even the Tech fans that are glad we got rid of Leach and think we're better off without him can't stand James. I don't know how he even got to 11% positive overall, much less 14% positive among Tech fans.


So basically he's polling strong in the 4% of people who would like to kill five hookers?
Last edited by Pristine_Condition; 01-20-2012 at 10:17 AM.
andycapps
Member
(01-20-2012, 02:45 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Is this South Carolina hoping to compete with Georgia and their "no Alabama/LSU/Arkansas" policy?

You didn't stop to think about the intra-divisional rivalries that each of the above schools has with teams in the SEC East, did you?

I have no clue what they're up to. Maybe the USCe admin is passing the weed around up there.
Sirpopopop
Member
(01-20-2012, 03:49 PM)
Sirpopopop's Avatar
I feel sorry for Yuri Wright.

This article comes out: http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-w...-him-10-2-1807.

The kid becomes national news. It's not as if he's done anything that seems really bad to my eyes. He just made some stupid tweets. Being a 17-year old kid, that comes with the territory.

Now, the only offer on the table for this Rivals100 Army All-American corner might be from Colorado.

Even Penn State is backing off.
Lonestar
Member
(01-20-2012, 03:56 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
Ostracized for something that's tame compared to Will Hill Tweets...shameful.

He just wants some pussy. What Heterosexual Man doesn't?
Lonestar
Member
(01-20-2012, 04:06 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
If you guy's want more of Landon Collin's Mom (Son picks Alabama, Mom Immediately declares LSU DA BEST PLACE 4 HIM, LSU #1)

Well, here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbP35...E7YeBhS4ppRetk
Azwethinkweiz
Member
(01-20-2012, 04:18 PM)
Azwethinkweiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meier

Damn, not too happy about Venables to Clemson. Sure, he's not as good as Mike Stoops was but he's a damn good DC. Of course, Steele was before he went there too so who knows.

I think his mind just started to deteriorate over time. His first few seasons were good but has steadily gotten worse. And LB play has always been questionable regardless of where he was coaching, so I don't think he was much of a position coach. Add to that reports that he was calling Panthers plays on the sidelines and our defense had no idea what the fuck to do because they weren't in our playbook didn't help much.
KingGondo
(01-20-2012, 04:27 PM)
KingGondo's Avatar
Big recruiting weekend coming up for the Pokes. Competing with Tennessee, OU, Aggy and others for a few recruits. Hoping that Gundy's extension and our Fiesta Bowl win will pay dividends right away.

Also, I will :jnc if DGB picks Texas so he can go catch passes from David Ash.
ConfusingJazz
Member
(01-20-2012, 04:37 PM)
ConfusingJazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingGondo

Big recruiting weekend coming up for the Pokes. Competing with Tennessee, OU, Aggy and others for a few recruits. Hoping that Gundy's extension and our Fiesta Bowl win will pay dividends right away.

Also, I will :jnc if DGB picks Texas so he can go catch passes from David Ash.

He will probably be catching passes from Conner Brewer by October.
cashman
Steroid-era GAF poster
(01-20-2012, 04:48 PM)
cashman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sirpopopop

I feel sorry for Yuri Wright.

This article comes out: http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-w...-him-10-2-1807.

The kid becomes national news. It's not as if he's done anything that seems really bad to my eyes. He just made some stupid tweets. Being a 17-year old kid, that comes with the territory.

Now, the only offer on the table for this Rivals100 Army All-American corner might be from Colorado.

Even Penn State is backing off.

I bet the dude who reported it to Michigan currently has a daughter attending UM.
Meier
(01-20-2012, 05:21 PM)
Meier's Avatar
I don't have a problem with FSU being ranked number 10 early on. We're headed towards another great recruiting class and most of the two-deep returns. The injuries to the OL were frustrating but at least it gave the young kids some experience which should help next season.

I think EJ showed a lot of poise in the 2nd half of the bowl game and hope he can build off that. I'm honestly very nervous about the loss of Shawn Powell. That kid turned into quite a punter.. pulling for him to land somewhere in the NFL especially after he was willing to take a greyshirt at FSU.
ryan-ts
INTERNET BADASS who happens to enjoy Asian pop songs
(01-20-2012, 05:32 PM)
ryan-ts's Avatar

Originally Posted by cashman

I bet the dude who reported it to Michigan currently has a daughter attending UM.

Ace Williams is an idiot and makes shit up, well hated among Michigan fans who follow recruiting. I wouldn't believe a word of it. (Well besides the kids tweets, which are real)
Last edited by ryan-ts; 01-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Tools