• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

spindashing
Ku Klux Kawaii
(01-18-2012, 03:51 PM)
spindashing's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mista Koo

Sun Wuk.. Xiba will apparently travel with Maxi, Leixia (how is her name pronounced?) and Natsu.

I like this because it's like Sun Wukong's actual story.

Jesus H. Christ, I really hope the roster rumors aren't true. No Talim? No Yun-seong? No Bangoo? The hell, Namco. Those guys should be the "next generation" of Soul Calibur.
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 03:56 PM)
TDLink's Avatar
Speaking of rumours, there is another one going on at 8wayrun at the moment that there is some optional way (old school button code maybe?) to unlock all of the characters as soon as you boot up the game that was put in specifically for tournament organizers (though I am guessing once everyone figures it out they will just do it).
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:00 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by TDLink

Speaking of rumours, there is another one going on at 8wayrun at the moment that there is some optional way (old school button code maybe?) to unlock all of the characters as soon as you boot up the game that was put in specifically for tournament organizers (though I am guessing once everyone figures it out they will just do it).

That would be a decent compromise.

Though, I'm in favor of all characters being unlocked from the start in multiplayer mode only, and leave them locked in SP modes for the contingency that needs a carrot dangled in front of them to feel like they got their money's worth.
Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:02 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar
That would be A-OK with me.
OSHAN
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:06 PM)
OSHAN's Avatar

Originally Posted by _dementia

That would be a decent compromise.

Though, I'm in favor of all characters being unlocked from the start in multiplayer mode only, and leave them locked in SP modes for the contingency that needs a carrot dangled in front of them to feel like they got their money's worth.

That's the best way to go about it.
Ken Masters
Banned
(01-18-2012, 04:13 PM)
Ken Masters's Avatar
are those player created characters or just shit character design?
OSHAN
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:14 PM)
OSHAN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

are those player created characters or just shit character design?

Which?
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:18 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by OSHAN

Which?

Probably the ones in the OP

Mix of both, Ken
Ken Masters
Banned
(01-18-2012, 04:20 PM)
Ken Masters's Avatar

Originally Posted by OSHAN

Which?

Originally Posted by _dementia

Probably the ones in the OP

Mix of both, Ken

OP pics
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:22 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Algol and Edge Master are regular characters.

The man in the gi and turban is a Create-a-Soul. The face is modeled after Katsuhiro Harada, the Tekken producer.
OSHAN
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:24 PM)
OSHAN's Avatar

Originally Posted by _dementia

Probably the ones in the OP

Mix of both, Ken

Sometimes I'm reading a thread for so long I forget about the OP.
TreIII
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:33 PM)
TreIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by TDLink

Speaking of rumours, there is another one going on at 8wayrun at the moment that there is some optional way (old school button code maybe?) to unlock all of the characters as soon as you boot up the game that was put in specifically for tournament organizers (though I am guessing once everyone figures it out they will just do it).

Hope it's true. And if so, everybody else will get in on it.
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-18-2012, 04:36 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by TreIII

Hope it's true. And if so, everybody else will get in on it.

Japanese Fighting game makers tend to not play the competition's games.

The Soul Calibur series has had the tournament-friendly button config at the character select screen for years, and the only game to copy that is Blazblue.
Jay Shadow
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:07 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by TDLink

In other news, an interview with Daishi on SRK seems to say there will definitely be DLC.

True, but they said that last time too. Everyone thought "Hwang and Li Long!" and instead it was all costume parts that were on the disk already :P And of course the console "exclusive" character that they just left off the grid.
Terareflection
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:07 PM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by _dementia

Japanese Fighting game makers tend to not play the competition's games.

The Soul Calibur series has had the tournament-friendly button config at the character select screen for years, and the only game to copy that is Blazblue.

KOF XIII. Nobody uses it though.
SouthernDragon
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:11 PM)
SouthernDragon's Avatar
No Talim?

Count me out.
Master Thespian
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:15 PM)
Master Thespian's Avatar

Originally Posted by SouthernDragon

No Talim?

Count me out.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will end up being low tier and then you can pick them.
spindashing
Ku Klux Kawaii
(01-18-2012, 05:16 PM)
spindashing's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Thespian

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will end up being low tier and then you can pick them.

Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:16 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Terareflection

KOF XIII. Nobody uses it though.

KoF 13 has button press input?


Originally Posted by spindashing

I smiled when I heard 2kb doesn't knock down. Smiled like this :D :D :D :D
SiegfriedFM
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:17 PM)
SiegfriedFM's Avatar
If that rumour is correct, then at least we have the old styles available in CaS.

In that case, I'd like to see everything added in. Spawn, Heihachi and Link's styles would be nice (although Link's may be too iconic). Some SC3 styles like Grieve Edge and the Lance were cool. And obviously the Star Wars styles could work without the Force Push and flying shenanigans.

Necrid could also be something, but Algol is already doing much of the same kind of stuff.
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:21 PM)
TDLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by SouthernDragon

No Talim?

Count me out.

1. That hasn't been confirmed one way or the other yet.

2. How do you know you won't like one of the new styles?
Terareflection
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:25 PM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

KoF 13 has button press input?




I smiled when I heard 2kb doesn't knock down. Smiled like this :D :D :D :D

I assume you mean button config at the character select screen? Yeah, it does. Have 1p press circle on the PS3, should be the third option.
Master Thespian
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:27 PM)
Master Thespian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

I smiled when I heard 2kb doesn't knock down. Smiled like this :D :D :D :D

Counter hit and Brave Edge versions do.
Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:30 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Terareflection

I assume you mean button config at the character select screen? Yeah, it does. Have 1p press circle on the PS3, should be the third option.

Ah, no, I thought you meant press button to assign key. I never tried it, and would've felt stupid if so.

Originally Posted by Master Thespian

Counter hit and Brave Edge versions do.

Perfectly acceptable. Not really worried about those.
TreIII
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:32 PM)
TreIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by _dementia

Japanese Fighting game makers tend to not play the competition's games.

The Soul Calibur series has had the tournament-friendly button config at the character select screen for years, and the only game to copy that is Blazblue.

Well, what I'm referring to is how most non-Capcom/Namco Japanese fighting game makers don't do this "char unlock" BS at all. To my recollection of at least what I've played, the only game of that sort in my recent memory that did this was Melty Blood: Actress Again (PS2).

So, I'm hoping that if more Japanese fighting game devs REALLY want to get in on this whole char unlock bandwagon, they'll just go with the old way of giving us a code to use, as was alluded as a possibility above.

Of course, if devs like Examu and their console port publishers continue to not give two shits about forcing char unlocks, so much the better.
Master Thespian
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:32 PM)
Master Thespian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

Perfectly acceptable. Not really worried about those.

Mitsu's CE seems a bit weak, at least early on. Akire was killing everyone with Mitsu's BEs over in the French tournaments. Either way, Mitsu will probably end up being mid or high-mid tier, which is just where I like him.
Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:35 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Thespian

Mitsu's CE seems a bit weak, at least early on. Akire was killing everyone with Mitsu's BEs over in the French tournaments. Either way, Mitsu will probably end up being mid or high-mid tier, which is just where I like him.

I hope so. I hope everybody is good. I just really hate 2kb. :P

I saw in one vid that he took could absorb hits on one of his move. I forget the notation, but it's the huge overhead attack. I thought that was pretty cool, and new to the SC series.
Jay Shadow
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:36 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

I saw in one vid that he took could absorb hits on one of his move. I forget the notation, but it's the huge overhead attack. I thought that was pretty cool, and new to the SC series.

Actually people had to remind me that it was actually old. That move could do that in SC1 also, but they took it out in later games. Still interesting to have back.
Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:37 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jay Shadow

Actually people had to remind me that it was actually old. That move could do that in SC1 also, but they took it out in later games. Still interesting to have back.

Really? I did not know that.

I was still pretty scrubbish SC1 days. Don't remember much strategically about that game at all.
Terareflection
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:38 PM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

Ah, no, I thought you meant press button to assign key. I never tried it, and would've felt stupid if so.



Perfectly acceptable. Not really worried about those.

Oh, I see. No it doesn't have that.

Late, but Setsuka's absence from the game makes me sad.
Master Thespian
Member
(01-18-2012, 05:40 PM)
Master Thespian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

I hope so. I hope everybody is good. I just really hate 2kb. :P

I saw in one vid that he took could absorb hits on one of his move. I forget the notation, but it's the huge overhead attack. I thought that was pretty cool, and new to the SC series.

You're referring to MST A+B, which actually had those properties in SC1 before becoming an aGI in SC2 and SC3 and having no active defensive properties in SC4.

EDIT: Jay Shadow'd
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 06:10 PM)
TDLink's Avatar
Some more support for the code unlock rumour: Kayane (who works for namco now) has retweeted someone else talking about it.

https://twitter.com/#!/kayanechan
notworksafe
Member
(01-18-2012, 06:19 PM)
notworksafe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Master Thespian

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will end up being low tier and then you can pick them.

Been playing SC2 a lot this week...I miss best Talim. :(
robotzombie
Member
(01-18-2012, 06:53 PM)
robotzombie's Avatar
Is there any reason to get this game from anywhere else but best buy in order to get dampierre? Amazon has a 10 buck coupon so I guess if he is dlc, he should be cheaper than 10...
Jay Shadow
Member
(01-18-2012, 06:57 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by robotzombie

Is there any reason to get this game from anywhere else but best buy in order to get dampierre? Amazon has a 10 buck coupon so I guess if he is dlc, he should be cheaper than 10...

He'll most likely be dlc, but we don't know if it's day 1 or not. So if you're in no rush to play him the Amazon deal would probably end up being better.
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:01 PM)
TDLink's Avatar
Oh shit. Kilik fuck yeah....hopefully not the rumoured moveset for him though.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8947/img1659w.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5860/img1658pk.jpg
KodMoS
Banned
(01-18-2012, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by TDLink

Oh shit. Kilik fuck yeah....hopefully not the rumoured moveset for him though.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8947/img1659w.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5860/img1658pk.jpg

Hooters.
TreIII
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:04 PM)
TreIII's Avatar
Not a bad design for old boy Kilik. I hope that he and Elysium will be "legit" characters, though.
Lucentto
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:05 PM)
Lucentto's Avatar
Kilik and Elysium are real huh. Those rumors might be true then, them ending up being mimic characters.
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:06 PM)
TDLink's Avatar
These screenshots confirm the bottom row is:

Alpha Pat, Elysium, Edgemaster, Algol, Kilik, Omega Pyrrha.

Only thing left to know is what is behind the tablet (if anything).

Originally Posted by Lucentto

Kilik and Elysium are real huh. Those rumors might be true then, them ending up being mimic characters.

Yeah, that still remains to be seen. I honestly hope they both have their own moves. There is a lot of cool stuff you could do with a goddess type of character and Kilik's traditional style is still different enough from Xiba.
KodMoS
Banned
(01-18-2012, 07:06 PM)
Looks like they got those designs from digimon.
OSHAN
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:06 PM)
OSHAN's Avatar
Boobs.

Kilik.

Let's hope some gameplay gets released so we can put this mimic rumor to bed.
Knux-Future
Banned
(01-18-2012, 07:10 PM)
Knux-Future's Avatar
so I guess it's true...not sure if able to actually post but


Boobs
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5860/img1658pk.jpg


Kilik is badass now?
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8947/img1659w.jpg


oh well also one spot left?
Skilletor
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:11 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar
Wow. Love that Kilik design.
ThatCrazyGuy
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:11 PM)
ThatCrazyGuy's Avatar
Kilik looks awesome. Cool mask. Looks Berserk-ish to me.
TDLink
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:11 PM)
TDLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Knux-Future



oh well also one spot left?

Algol
"God's Beard!"
(01-18-2012, 07:12 PM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar
So if the bottom row are all story characters then that one next to the shield is the one we're waiting for?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the shield is slots for two DLC characters. Unless that slot to the right of it is Dampierre.
Knux-Future
Banned
(01-18-2012, 07:13 PM)
Knux-Future's Avatar
photoshop from gamefaqs.


That site continues to troll me to this day

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/63021...bur-v/61690714
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:13 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
dem fakes.
notworksafe
Member
(01-18-2012, 07:14 PM)
notworksafe's Avatar
Hm. Still no Talim in there? :( Ezio it is!

EDIT: nvm :o

Thread Tools