• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kem0sabe
Member
(04-19-2012, 06:58 PM)
Kem0sabe's Avatar

Originally Posted by NemesisPrime

Emo much?

Seriously...

No... i think i´m just burned out of mmorpg´s in general. That´s why i will give the genre one more try with GW2, if i can muster the attention span to play and enjoy the game, then i think mmo´s are a lost cause for me.

BTW... who the #$%& are you calling emo? leave me alone *runs away crying* :D
Isaccard
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:02 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar
lolmercs.
HBroward
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:11 PM)
HBroward's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

I think I'm about ready to retire my merc and just go with my sniper. Ugh.

Do it! Now that the new gear is classless tokens, bring on the agents. Won't be cutting into my gear attainment rate. :)
Isaccard
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:15 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar

Originally Posted by HBroward

Do it! Now that the new gear is classless tokens, bring on the agents. Won't be cutting into my gear attainment rate. :)

wat?
StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
(04-19-2012, 07:22 PM)
StudioTan's Avatar
The PVP reward changes were very necessary. I went from doing 80% PVP to not PVPing at all because the penalty for losing was WAY to harsh. I try my hardest, savour the victories but don't mind losing more often than not as long as I'm rewarded for my time. Even with the occasional winning streak it wasn't worth spending 10 mins to be farm material for a pre-made and getting nothing or practically nothing.
Francois424
Junior Member
(04-19-2012, 07:30 PM)
Francois424's Avatar
Ok, I have a Mercenary (and a Trooper on Pub side)... But I dont get it.

Mercenary

Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

What does the Bolded part means ? Detect debuffs ? Nope no Idea.
Thanks for any input.
Draxal
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Francois424

Ok, I have a Mercenary (and a Trooper on Pub side)... But I dont get it.



What does the Bolded part means ? Detect debuffs ? Nope no Idea.
Thanks for any input.

GravRound/Tracer puts a stacking armor debuff (up to 5) that also increases the damage done by Demo Round/Heatseeker. It was detecting the debuffs of other players making Demo/Heatseeker hit for a ton.
Dunlop
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:47 PM)
Dunlop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

I think I'm about ready to retire my merc and just go with my sniper. Ugh.

That's what I did..but for healing

Even post Nerf I do not feel the Sorc and BH as healers are even on the same playing field, the amount of utility of the sorc is obscene.

It could also be the fact I played a played a priest in wow for years and a Sorc is a Holy/Discipline/Shadow priest all rolled up into one :P

fake edit: talking about pve
Milly79
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:47 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

lolmercs.

lolshittyplayer

We get you hate mercs and agents, k?
Francois424
Junior Member
(04-19-2012, 07:50 PM)
Francois424's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

GravRound/Tracer puts a stacking armor debuff (up to 5) that also increases the damage done by Demo Round/Heatseeker. It was detecting the debuffs of other players making Demo/Heatseeker hit for a ton.

So only a PvP nerf then (or if you play with another player that also debuffs the monster).
Not too bad then. I already found that attack lacking (except for the ammo cost, where it almost pays for itself).

Thanks for the clarification.
HBroward
Member
(04-19-2012, 07:51 PM)
HBroward's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

wat?

Blackhole and Campaign gear drops are tokens for a slot, that are not class bound. So HM Explosive Conflict's first boss, Zorn and Toth, drop the Campaign leggings token, and any class could roll and trade it in for their respective piece of gear. No more of you guys complaining us agents get all the gear.


Originally Posted by Francois424

So only a PvP nerf then (or if you play with another player that also debuffs the monster).
Not too bad then. I already found that attack lacking (except for the ammo cost, where it almost pays for itself).

Thanks for the clarification.

It's really only a major nerf for operations groups that stacked mercs. The crits they were getting when we had 4 of them on Zorn during our last fight were pretty insane.
Last edited by HBroward; 04-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Isaccard
Member
(04-19-2012, 09:07 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

lolshittyplayer

1v1 mid.

You wouldn't know a shitty player if you saw one in the mirror because you've admitted you rely on the judgement's of other players with more experience to determine as much to form your own opinion; you don't PvP (because you know, PvP takes requires some thought on how to approach it and skill against other players) and anyone can hit Tracer Missle in PvE to be considered "good".

Come at me when you learn to play a class with more than 3 buttons.
Last edited by Isaccard; 04-20-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(04-19-2012, 10:51 PM)
Anbokr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

1v1 mid.

sf vs sf?? come at me bro

Originally Posted by HBroward

It's really only a major nerf for operations groups that stacked mercs. The crits they were getting when we had 4 of them on Zorn during our last fight were pretty insane.

And hitting full BM geared players for 8000+ damage...
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(04-19-2012, 10:53 PM)
Anbokr's Avatar
nvm
gatti-man
Member
(04-19-2012, 11:18 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar
Never even saw that merc heatseeker buff. Not many mercs pvp with me. IMO we are at best the third best dps class in the game.
Milly79
Member
(04-20-2012, 06:44 AM)
Milly79's Avatar
Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.

gatti-man
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:22 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar
[QUOTE=Milly79;37116385]Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.



Congrats
Milly79
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:42 AM)
Milly79's Avatar
[QUOTE=gatti-man;37117149]

Originally Posted by Milly79

Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.



Congrats

Thanks, Gatti. Appreciate all the stuff for the Gbank as well.
razgriz417
Member
(04-20-2012, 01:34 PM)
razgriz417's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.



Haha Grats. Figures another Agent would get the hat :P
Calvinpewpewpew
Junior Member
(04-20-2012, 02:00 PM)
Calvinpewpewpew's Avatar
So, after more angst ridden days of play (I love the Shadow, NO, the guardian has so much utility, WAIT watch as my Sentinel Fucks Shit Up), I was all, FINE, let's give the Jedi Sage a try.

Then I saw some fireworks. So apparently its totally cool that I can take out an elite two levels above me almost single handedly either by healing Qyzen or by myself? That's cool. I can off heal a Warzone just...because? Ok, that is cool. Rank 5th in DPS on my second warzone on the toon. THAT IS COOL.

Anyways, very,very fun. Here is my beef though. I understand the purpose and design of the sage. I understand he's a ranged Force user, the mage of the universe. But there is a shared balance tree with the Shadow..is there NO WAY they could have made it a ranged/melee hybrid? Just so I could USE my lightsaber, arguably the most iconic THING from Star Wars?

Anyways, then I rolled a Smuggler-Scoundrel to level 12 for giggles. Great class. So fun to play.

So, no answers yet, but as long as I am having fun...who cares?
Fafnir
Member
(04-20-2012, 03:37 PM)
Fafnir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.

LOL congrats man! I'm glad I bestowed the title to you before I left =)
KoruptData
Member
(04-20-2012, 03:55 PM)
KoruptData's Avatar
My shadow has been nothing but infiltration spec since day one. Since 1.2 and how fast you can go down, I switched to the tank tree but kept the dps gear. Im in full BM with 2 WH pieces. Ive done the reading, some claim the class/spec combo is OP but I disagree. What I feel is im now a support character. Yes im doing some damage but im throwing out guards and mass mind controls for protection. My Slow Time is reducing enemy speed and reducing enemy damage. My force breach is reducing enemy accuracy. My force stuns and spinning kicks are increasing damage dealt to that target from all players. Guess the point of this post, what other classes offer this type support with enemy debuffs? I feel like a red mage again.
DimmuBurgerKing
Member
(04-20-2012, 03:58 PM)
DimmuBurgerKing's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calvinpewpewpew

So, after more angst ridden days of play (I love the Shadow, NO, the guardian has so much utility, WAIT watch as my Sentinel Fucks Shit Up), I was all, FINE, let's give the Jedi Sage a try.

Then I saw some fireworks. So apparently its totally cool that I can take out an elite two levels above me almost single handedly either by healing Qyzen or by myself? That's cool. I can off heal a Warzone just...because? Ok, that is cool. Rank 5th in DPS on my second warzone on the toon. THAT IS COOL.

Anyways, very,very fun. Here is my beef though. I understand the purpose and design of the sage. I understand he's a ranged Force user, the mage of the universe. But there is a shared balance tree with the Shadow..is there NO WAY they could have made it a ranged/melee hybrid? Just so I could USE my lightsaber, arguably the most iconic THING from Star Wars?

Anyways, then I rolled a Smuggler-Scoundrel to level 12 for giggles. Great class. So fun to play.

So, no answers yet, but as long as I am having fun...who cares?

Yep, that's exactly why I didn't go Sage with my Consular. If I'm going to play a Jedi, I want to be able to effectively use my lightsaber.

As for Scoundrel.. oh, man. Just wait til you get the higher levels. I main one and I never get tired of it. Awesome in PvP, too.
Zafir
Member
(04-20-2012, 04:14 PM)
Word has it the HSM change fix has stopped it even recognising your own heat signatures. Anyone confirm it? I haven't been on my merc much following 1.2, so I can't really compare damage.
HBroward
Member
(04-20-2012, 05:09 PM)
HBroward's Avatar
The Engineering Sniper compendium has gone up. Figure you may want to read over that also Predeesh.


Here is a graphic depicting a strategy to take down the tanks in story 8 man EC. Looks like our biggest issue was having the wrong side taking the lightning spires.
Last edited by HBroward; 04-20-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Tarazet
Member
(04-20-2012, 06:40 PM)
Tarazet's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Never even saw that merc heatseeker buff. Not many mercs pvp with me. IMO we are at best the third best dps class in the game.

And sorcerers/sages are still far and away the most powerful. They are also still the best healers and have the best CC.
Tarazet
Member
(04-20-2012, 06:58 PM)
Tarazet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calvinpewpewpew

So, after more angst ridden days of play (I love the Shadow, NO, the guardian has so much utility, WAIT watch as my Sentinel Fucks Shit Up), I was all, FINE, let's give the Jedi Sage a try.

Then I saw some fireworks. So apparently its totally cool that I can take out an elite two levels above me almost single handedly either by healing Qyzen or by myself? That's cool. I can off heal a Warzone just...because? Ok, that is cool. Rank 5th in DPS on my second warzone on the toon. THAT IS COOL.

Anyways, very,very fun. Here is my beef though. I understand the purpose and design of the sage. I understand he's a ranged Force user, the mage of the universe. But there is a shared balance tree with the Shadow..is there NO WAY they could have made it a ranged/melee hybrid? Just so I could USE my lightsaber, arguably the most iconic THING from Star Wars?

Anyways, then I rolled a Smuggler-Scoundrel to level 12 for giggles. Great class. So fun to play.

So, no answers yet, but as long as I am having fun...who cares?

The Madness Assassin/Balance Shadow is the real ranged/melee hybrid. For Sages, the lightsaber is nothing more than a stat stick which gives you Force Power. The Dirty Fighting Scoundrel can also be a decent hybrid, but is hamstrung by a 10m range for most abilities and over-reliance on AE's which is an issue in end game.
Last edited by Tarazet; 04-20-2012 at 07:03 PM.
GungHo
Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
(04-20-2012, 07:04 PM)
GungHo's Avatar
I almost wish they replaced your lightsaber filler attack with a non-energy using ranged attack when you made the choice for Sorceror/Sage, because it's otherwise never used.
Disheveled_Zen
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:06 PM)
Disheveled_Zen's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Never even saw that merc heatseeker buff. Not many mercs pvp with me. IMO we are at best the third best dps class in the game.

I don't get this. My trooper is 95% of the time in the number 1 dps spot in any WZ. I can easily breach 300k damage without AoE and go over 400k in Voidstar with the added AoE when everyone bunches up. I can easily get upwards of 50-70 kills as well. It's overly retarded what I can do if my girlfriend brings her healing scoundrel and pocket heals me.

Post nerf my demo round still hits for 3-4k and grav hits for 3500 crit as well. I always make sure a sticky grenade is on them, stack grav round till 5 stacks, demo round, high impact bolt and yea most stuff is dead by now. Concussion charge, cryo grenade, and a traited stock strike makes sure melee stays off of me long enough to finish them off.

I do, however, enjoy PvP more on my Vanguard. Pulling people into the acid and fire in Huttball is just so much fun, especially when you constantly do it to someone who is 20 levels higher than you.
HBroward
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:09 PM)
HBroward's Avatar
Georg Zoeller just posted on the forums:

Hey guys,

A few additional notes on this topic, fresh from a meeting with Gabe and the PvP team.

(a) Expertise difference between combatants is the single most important factor in time to kill in PvP.

Having zero or little expertise on your gear (e.g. pure PvE gear) is the primary reason for people to experience a sped-up time to death in Game Update 1.2. While it was quite viable pre-1.2 to bring your Rakata or Columi gear without any added expertise into PvP, the increased focus on expertise in the PvP track of gear has made it much harder to compete with that equipment compared to even the entry level Recruit set.

Consequently, the single most effective step you can take to decrease time to death (i.e. increase time to kill of your opponent) is to gear for increased expertise. Coming from PvE, obtaining at least some pieces of Recruit gear is definitely recommended.

We're aware that this fact is not adequately communicated in the game and that the cost of recruit gear is perceived as too prohibitive by some of you. We're in the process of working on a solution for these issues at the moment.

TL;DR: Expertise is a lot more valuable than any other stat in PvP. Recruit gear easily beats Columi for PvP.

(b) In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

(c) There has been some level of inflation in the overall DPS budget of the game as result of Legacy benefits and other changes. Over time, these add up and as it stands, we have established that the global burst potential across the game is slightly higher than we are targeting. We will likely take some minor to moderate action about this in the near future by adjustments to the magnitude and duration of offensive relics (longer duration, reduced magnitude, identical power amortized over time).

(d) When faced with groups of enemies, stacking debuffs can result a real TTK issue. We are in process of revamping the debuff system in the game to reduce the impact of multi player debuff stacking on TTK.

Georg "Observer" Zoeller
Principal Lead Combat Designer

Tarazet
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:09 PM)
Tarazet's Avatar

Originally Posted by GungHo

I almost wish they replaced your lightsaber filler attack with a non-energy using ranged attack when you made the choice for Sorceror/Sage, because it's otherwise never used.

Because what Sages need is more DPS options, right? They did get nerfed, but they still have by far the largest mana pool, linear mana regeneration, and the most useful box of tools overall. The class can still be played badly, but the inherent utility and ability of the class can still carry a lot of mediocre players in weak gear.
arimanius
Member
(04-20-2012, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly79

Yoona, I hope you read this thread. Your legacy will live on after tonight.

Your agent looks like just mine. We're twins! except for the hat :P

Please tell me you're not heals? I cry every time I see another agent and they are heals. I'm like the only concealment agent left on my server. I'm so lonely lol
Milly79
Member
(04-20-2012, 08:00 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by arimanius

Your agent looks like just mine. We're twins! except for the hat :P

Please tell me you're not heals? I cry every time I see another agent and they are heals. I'm like the only concealment agent left on my server. I'm so lonely lol

I'm... Actually, a sniper.
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(04-20-2012, 08:16 PM)
Anbokr's Avatar
Some dude posted all the math behind expertise--many of us were misinformed. The current model of expertise reduces damage by the same amount as tho old (granted if both players have the same expertise). As people start to get war hero healing actually gets a % inrease over 1.1 values whereas damage will stay the same. I'll try to find the thread later today but it's pretty apparent most of the QQ is from expertise disparities or misinformation(I.e. some dude getting jumped by 3 dps, dies in a few seconds and QQs about getting bursted.
Proxy
Member
(04-20-2012, 08:31 PM)
Proxy's Avatar
Imperial lowbie pvp on our server is so aggravating. Nothing but a frustrating experience.
arimanius
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly79

I'm... Actually, a sniper.

Le sigh.

I'm getting to the point that I think I should of went sniper.
StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
(04-20-2012, 09:15 PM)
StudioTan's Avatar
Good interview with lead game designer Daniel Erickson on the Mos Eisley Radio podcast from yesterday.

http://moseisleyradio.com/category/mos-eisley-radio/

One welcome piece of news to come from that interview that hadn't been announced is that they will be making all GTNs cross faction at some point. A unified economy will be great.
Miletius
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:19 PM)
Miletius's Avatar

Originally Posted by StudioTan

Good interview with lead game designer Daniel Erickson on the Mos Eisley Radio podcast from yesterday.

http://moseisleyradio.com/category/mos-eisley-radio/

One welcome piece of news to come from that interview that hadn't been announced is that they will be making all GTNs cross faction at some point. A unified economy will be great.

Personally I think that makes sense both in lore and gameplay. However, it's kind of sad to see them plow ahead with measures to make faction imbalances tolerable via quality of life changes rather than address the problem at hand -- that there are not enough people playing Republic. Not a complaint, just an observation.
BattleMonkey
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:21 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miletius

Personally I think that makes sense both in lore and gameplay. However, it's kind of sad to see them plow ahead with measures to make faction imbalances tolerable via quality of life changes rather than address the problem at hand -- that there are not enough people playing Republic. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Outside of giving away free Pub only play time to people and server merges, there is nothing that really is going to work.
Milly79
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:25 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by arimanius

Le sigh.

I'm getting to the point that I think I should of went sniper.

We have two conceal ops and they're ridic.
gatti-man
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:47 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar
[QUOTE=Milly79;37117478]

Originally Posted by gatti-man


Thanks, Gatti. Appreciate all the stuff for the Gbank as well.

No problem. Nothing but love for emp gaf.
Miletius
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:47 PM)
Miletius's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

Outside of giving away free Pub only play time to people and server merges, there is nothing that really is going to work.

I agree. It's one of those 'hindsight is 20/20' things but still a bit annoying.
gatti-man
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:49 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

Outside of giving away free Pub only play time to people and server merges, there is nothing that really is going to work.

We've lost great players to Rep side on kv. I enjoy Rep side myself but starting from scratch is something that will take me a long while to get up to speed since I have a 50 emp side.
arimanius
Member
(04-20-2012, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly79

We have two conceal ops and they're ridic.

I split my time between my jugg and OP so neither one of them are full BM yet. I'm hoping I see better burst with my OP when he's fully geared.

One reason I'm thinking that I should of gone sniper is all 3 of my 50s are melee. Wouldn't mind trying range but don't want to level again.
Zafir
Member
(04-20-2012, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Proxy

Imperial lowbie pvp on our server is so aggravating. Nothing but a frustrating experience.

Can't be much worse than what PvP is currently like at 50 on my server. It's just dominated by premades from hardcore pvp guilds. You don't really stand much of a chance if you're pugging now. :/
Lilsnubby
Member
(04-20-2012, 11:51 PM)
Lilsnubby's Avatar

Originally Posted by Proxy

Imperial lowbie pvp on our server is so aggravating. Nothing but a frustrating experience.

how so? I like the <50 pvp on KV, it seems like a fairly balanced mix
Proxy
Member
(04-21-2012, 01:01 AM)
Proxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lilsnubby

how so? I like the <50 pvp on KV, it seems like a fairly balanced mix

Really it just comes down to the fact that most people ignore call outs and they seem to lack any sort of awareness. For example, I've had multiple games on Voidstar where my team is blatantly not looking at the minimap and ignoring my callouts. Half or most of the team is still at one door trying to finish off one or two enemies while they leave the side being focused undefended. Then we get to Huttball. I always make it a point to my teammates that we need to at least try to own mid and yet most if not all of the team is chasing down the ball carrier even when it's obvious the enemy team is gonna score.

I understand that not everyone is going to be good at pvp or is just starting out. However, it leaves me amazed that people who should know better (lvl 30+) don't.
CzarTim
Member
(04-21-2012, 01:12 AM)
CzarTim's Avatar
PUG quality is pure luck.
gatti-man
Member
(04-21-2012, 06:18 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Proxy

Really it just comes down to the fact that most people ignore call outs and they seem to lack any sort of awareness. For example, I've had multiple games on Voidstar where my team is blatantly not looking at the minimap and ignoring my callouts. Half or most of the team is still at one door trying to finish off one or two enemies while they leave the side being focused undefended. Then we get to Huttball. I always make it a point to my teammates that we need to at least try to own mid and yet most if not all of the team is chasing down the ball carrier even when it's obvious the enemy team is gonna score.

I understand that not everyone is going to be good at pvp or is just starting out. However, it leaves me amazed that people who should know better (lvl 30+) don't.

Lol this shit still happens with war hero ranked 50s. Just get in a premade so you atleast have 3 teammates that aren't completely worthless.
DrBo42
Member
(04-21-2012, 07:31 AM)
DrBo42's Avatar
Are healer operatives viable in PVP/PVE or should I just stick to the middle tree?

Thread Tools