• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rezuth
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:35 PM)
rezuth's Avatar
Sign me up on dat flip list.
Smash88
bottom-tier poster >:(
(09-25-2011, 09:36 PM)
Smash88's Avatar
Would like key, I will exchange it for promiscuous sex.
Grakl
Banned
(09-25-2011, 09:37 PM)
Grakl's Avatar
I would love a key.
Green Biker Dude
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:37 PM)
i would like one

if i knew we were having this thread i would have visited the forum earlier today!
MNC
(09-25-2011, 09:37 PM)
MNC's Avatar
Beggity beg for moi.
AbortedWalrusFetus
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:38 PM)
AbortedWalrusFetus's Avatar
I would love a key. My friends and I have been playing DotA/HoN/LoL for years now. It's like a weekend ritual for us. The improvements in Dota 2 look awesome, too.
SouthernDragon
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:40 PM)
SouthernDragon's Avatar
Check out my post count in the LoL thread.

That alone should raise me above the rest of the crowd. I played 1000+ games in the last 10 months alone.

KEY PLZ
gotee12
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:40 PM)
gotee12's Avatar
I have no shame.

Sign me up on that there beggars list.
Ikuu
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:41 PM)
Ikuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlightOfHeaven

Check out my post count in the LoL thread.

That alone should raise me above the rest of the crowd. I played 1000+ games in the last 10 months alone.

KEY PLZ

The fact that you play LoL should move you far down the list.
ksan
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:42 PM)
ksan's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

I think it would make more sense to go to the LoL and HoN threads and see who the top posters are there and give them the codes. Since they are the most vocal about playing action-rts games and who have probably paid the most when playing those types of game.

As a DotA player I greatly disagree, I think it's a much worse idea, firstly it obviously leaves out people like my and secondly this has been done before and worked many times.
taoofjord
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:44 PM)
taoofjord's Avatar
Oh my god, I so need a key. Please add me to the list :)
Kurdel
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:44 PM)
Kurdel's Avatar
I would LOVE to have a key!

And a pony plz.
Matll
Junior Member
(09-25-2011, 09:45 PM)
Matll's Avatar
Me too!
hon: 1800 mmr solo
The Last One
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:46 PM)
The Last One's Avatar
Please, a key for me too! =)
Horse Guy
Junior Member
(09-25-2011, 09:48 PM)
Horse Guy's Avatar
If you would be so kind to place my name on that list I would be very greatful.
rac
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:48 PM)
rac's Avatar

Originally Posted by ksan

As a DotA player I greatly disagree, I think it's a much worse idea, firstly it obviously leaves out people like my and secondly this has been done before and worked many times.

If a gaffer gets a key they can do what they want with it but if I was a community manager of a game I would rather go to the threads of your competition to try and warm them up to dota 2. Rather than giving them away in a thread where anyone can pop in and beg for a key. Sure you may miss out on some dota players but if you go to the HoN or LoL threads your guaranteed to reach your target audience.
Ikuu
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:50 PM)
Ikuu's Avatar
The fact that this thread has so many people after keys shows that they don't need to target specific threads, the majority of HoN players will be wanting to try Dota2 anyway.

If they wanted to target HoN players they would give keys to pro HoN players that stream, not give them to a bunch of 1800s on GAF.
Ark
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:50 PM)
Ark's Avatar
Put me down please! :)
Einherjar
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:50 PM)
Einherjar's Avatar
These keys are selling for like $200+ on ebay, why would anyone give one out to a random person for free? lol.
Ikuu
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:51 PM)
Ikuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einherjar

These keys are selling for like $200+ on ebay, why would anyone give one out to a random person for free? lol.

I too believe everything I see online.
ksan
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:51 PM)
ksan's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

If a gaffer gets a key they can do what they want with it but if I was a community manager of a game I would rather go to the threads of your competition to try and warm them up to dota 2. Rather than giving them away in a thread where anyone can pop in and beg for a key. Sure you may miss out on some dota players but if you go to the HoN or LoL threads your guaranteed to reach your target audience.

lol.
Zafir
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:52 PM)
Sign me up, not really expecting much though haha.
Animal
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:53 PM)
Animal's Avatar
sign me up scotty!
Blue Geezer
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:53 PM)
Blue Geezer's Avatar
yes please!!!
Dimmuxx
The Amiga Brotherhood
(09-25-2011, 09:54 PM)
Dimmuxx's Avatar
I would like a key too.
rac
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:55 PM)
rac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ikuu

The fact that this thread has so many people after keys shows that they don't need to target specific threads, the majority of HoN players will be wanting to try Dota2 anyway.

So they should give the keys away to people that have no idea how to play dota? The only people with the beta right now are probably diehard dota fans, so lets give more codes to random forum goers so that they can get beat so badly they never want to play the game again.
vesp
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:55 PM)
sign me up please!

dying for this
CrunchyFrog
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:55 PM)
CrunchyFrog's Avatar
As unlikely as it is that I'll get one, go ahead and add me anyway.
Snarfington
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:56 PM)
Snarfington's Avatar
Don't think I'll get one, but yeah, add me to the list please... Optimistically.
Ikuu
Member
(09-25-2011, 09:58 PM)
Ikuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

So they should give the keys away to people that have no idea how to play dota? The only people with the beta right now are probably diehard dota fans, so lets give more codes to random forum goers so that they can get beat so badly they never want to play the game again.

Plenty of people are getting keys that are new to Dota, and that number is only going to grow. They need more input that just that from pro players.
YianGaruga
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:01 PM)
YianGaruga's Avatar
I definitely want a key. Been watching DOTA2 streams all day.
Glass Rebel
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:01 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
I'd love to have a key, please add me.
crimsonheadGCN
4chan's Official Representative
(09-25-2011, 10:02 PM)
crimsonheadGCN's Avatar
I would love one.
Rogerkiller
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:02 PM)
Rogerkiller's Avatar
me please :)
Recon
Banned
(09-25-2011, 10:03 PM)
Recon's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

So they should give the keys away to people that have no idea how to play dota? The only people with the beta right now are probably diehard dota fans, so lets give more codes to random forum goers so that they can get beat so badly they never want to play the game again.

They are definitely not giving keys to just diehard dota fans.
snack
Saka Saiyan
(09-25-2011, 10:03 PM)
snack's Avatar
I'd love one.
Fašade
Junior Member
(09-25-2011, 10:03 PM)
Fašade's Avatar
I would love a key as well.
GhostRidah
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:04 PM)
GhostRidah's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

So they should give the keys away to people that have no idea how to play dota? The only people with the beta right now are probably diehard dota fans, so lets give more codes to random forum goers so that they can get beat so badly they never want to play the game again.

Not exactly, I have seen quite a few people who are in beta who are new to the game, I think valve is trying to reach everyone even in this closed beta, they do not just want to limit it to pros.
RealMeat
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:04 PM)
RealMeat's Avatar
I'd love a key.
rac
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:04 PM)
rac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ikuu

Plenty of people are getting keys that are new to Dota, and that number is only going to grow. They need more input that just that from pro players.

I'm pretty sure most all? of the players from HoN and LoL gaf are far from pro, but they still have enough familiarity to say if there are bugs or balance issues. At this point it makes no sense to give codes to people that have never played dota, hon or lol. Okay said my piece time for me to leave before I get banned.
Shaoren
Junior Member
(09-25-2011, 10:05 PM)
I also want a key!
rozay
Banned
(09-25-2011, 10:06 PM)
rozay's Avatar
Add me to the list please!
Domstercool
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:06 PM)
Domstercool's Avatar
I'll come join the fun. Please can I be on the list ^_^
Mailenstein
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:06 PM)
Mailenstein's Avatar
Would love one too!
SouthernDragon
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:06 PM)
SouthernDragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by rac

I think it would make more sense to go to the LoL and HoN threads and see who the top posters are there and give them the codes. Since they are the most vocal about playing action-rts games and who have probably paid the most when playing those types of game.


Originally Posted by FlightOfHeaven

Check out my post count in the LoL thread.
That alone should raise me above the rest of the crowd. I played 1000+ games in the last 10 months alone.
KEY PLZ



AHEM
Ikuu
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:07 PM)
Ikuu's Avatar
Why would you get banned? Don't tell me you're getting worked up over this?

Valve aren't looking at everyone that is getting invited and vetting them to see if they're good enough to be allowed into the beta, at this point the beta is moving from being the very small scale private affair to a much larger test, the fact that they're giving away keys to different sites and even getting them to people who email IceFrog.
Ceebs
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:07 PM)
Ceebs's Avatar
Begging never hurt did it?

Please?
maniac-kun
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:08 PM)
maniac-kun's Avatar
i would love a key :D
Artanisix
Member
(09-25-2011, 10:08 PM)
Artanisix's Avatar
Give codes to whoever is interested in the game, IMO. Even new players. They need to be exposed to the glory that is Dota, as well!

Go ahead and put me down too. I entered into a few contests for betakeys, and I recently wrote a poem to IceFrog. If on the offchance I happen to get more than one betakey, I'll definitely be looking at this thread to give my spare ones away.
Recon
Banned
(09-25-2011, 10:09 PM)
Recon's Avatar
Ive played close to 1000+ games of HoN in the last 6 months. Im averaging around 3 games a night during school days, and 7 games a night during the weekends recently. All in preparation for Dota2. Thats gonna stop soon tho, gotta finish my album, then its 24/7 dota2 hopefully.

Thread Tools