• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

jsrv
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by jiggle

isn't it too late?

we'll know in 3-4 hours if it's worth it or not

probably worth it if it works with ALL jobs and active 100% of time with no charge required

There was a time limit to link your POL account?
Jinko
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:12 AM)
Jinko's Avatar

Originally Posted by pancakesandsex

You have to be out of the trial period, so it's cool if you plan on making your 14 character next month, not so much if you want to play tomorrow.

I have my account from 6 years ago :), but yea I decided not to bother, It will just end up one of those items clogging up my retainer.
Meeru
Banned
(09-22-2010, 12:13 AM)
Meeru's Avatar
How many cd keys are in the FFXIV CE box?
Jinko
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:19 AM)
Jinko's Avatar
WindowerXIV 0.5 is out if anyone is brave enough to use it :lol

http://www.windowerxiv.com/#download
zlatko
If my BP falls below 1000 Lord Sirlin will kill my family
(09-22-2010, 12:23 AM)
zlatko's Avatar
My game shipped so I'm pumped as hell for tomorrow. :D

I've been wanting this game ever since the project was a rumored new MMO from Square. I forgot what it was called then Project Rapture or something? My most anticipated game since FFXI. :D

Let the next few years be filled with plenty of LS drama HUZZAH! :D
demonkaze
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:31 AM)
demonkaze's Avatar
Anyone else intending to try and play as soon as server goes live? I'm going to try for a little while but if I can't get on then i'll go to bed and try tomorrow morning.
tenderoni
Junior Member
(09-22-2010, 12:35 AM)
Shipped!!
How do they know whether or not we have an active XI account?
HAttyboy
Junior Member
(09-22-2010, 12:37 AM)
HAttyboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by tenderoni

Shipped!!
How do they know whether or not we have an active XI account?

You must link your PlayOnline Account on the site.
jiggle
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:39 AM)
jiggle's Avatar
can't believe gamestop is sticking to not selling this until tomorrow morning =.=
vivin
Junior Member
(09-22-2010, 12:42 AM)
vivin's Avatar
Well, I got my copy this morning, very impressed with the CE, not bad for an extra $10NZ heh. All patched up and ready to head into Eorzea after work :D
Salaadin
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:49 AM)
Salaadin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jinko

WindowerXIV 0.5 is out if anyone is brave enough to use it :lol

http://www.windowerxiv.com/#download

Im waiting to see if the full game allows alt+tabbing
it wont :(
demosthenes
Member
(09-22-2010, 12:49 AM)
demosthenes's Avatar

Your Amazon.com order has shipped

:D
tenderoni
Junior Member
(09-22-2010, 12:53 AM)
So what do I do with patches once I download them?
tenderoni
Junior Member
(09-22-2010, 12:59 AM)
Also, when I created a new SE account, it asked me if I wanted to merge accounts but I said no... Does this mean I don't get the item for having an active XI account?
demonkaze
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:01 AM)
demonkaze's Avatar
Damn, forgot we're in BST here at the moment, does that mean it's another hour until service goes live?
Nakazato
(09-22-2010, 01:02 AM)
Nakazato's Avatar
mine is on the way:D

but i wont be home till oct :(
Cathcart
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Kandinsky

Because crafters get fucked with a system like that, and people are too dumb to figure out exactly what you are saying, hence most will go after looks/badassery(word?) than performance

Eh, they figure it out the first time they go to a repair NPC and then it gets pasted into every FFXIV guide and becomes common knowledge.

Good point about crafters, though.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(09-22-2010, 01:11 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kandinsky

Based on ....? if youre talking about OB, the favors <insert class here> thing didnt prevent you from equiping it.

Really? I thought thats what it meant...well what does the favor mean then? Like access to full stats or something?

Also project Rapture trailer...which has a small dragon and those mini airships now in XIV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4

Think they took elements of that and went with Gridania or is that how Ishgard may look?
hgplayer1
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:15 AM)
hgplayer1's Avatar
Ugh Gamestop wouldnt cancel my order even though I tried last night before it was even close to shipping.

My Amazon order has shipped as well so Ill have two copies tomorrow.

Dual box? Yeah right!
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(09-22-2010, 01:23 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by hgplayer1

Ugh Gamestop wouldnt cancel my order even though I tried last night before it was even close to shipping.

My Amazon order has shipped as well so Ill have two copies tomorrow.

Dual box? Yeah right!

Just resell the other on Amazon/GAF buy topic. Either that or mark up the price on Amazon :lol
demosthenes
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:30 AM)
demosthenes's Avatar

Originally Posted by notworksafe

From that article:


Damnit. I was worried this would be the case.

Ugh, me too. I was really hoping for a game where the focus was party play but where there was a large enough solo sphere that they could progress a great deal but eventually need to party.
Dreamwriter
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:34 AM)
Dreamwriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by hgplayer1

Ugh Gamestop wouldnt cancel my order even though I tried last night before it was even close to shipping.

My Amazon order has shipped as well so Ill have two copies tomorrow.

Dual box? Yeah right!

You could part it out and eBay it..."$20 for FFXIV making-of DVD, rare!"
Shouta
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻
(09-22-2010, 01:35 AM)
Shouta's Avatar
My CE shipped from Amazon. Should get it in a few days.
hgplayer1
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:39 AM)
hgplayer1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreamwriter

You could part it out and eBay it..."$20 for FFXIV making-of DVD, rare!"

wonder how much I could get for the map? :D
Salaadin
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:39 AM)
Salaadin's Avatar
Was this posted from that interview:

GW: As it stands right now, fatigue will gradually recover when you’re not playing, right?
DK: It will recover not only if you’re logged off but even if you’re just playing a different class.

That pretty much makes it a non issue for me.
zlatko
If my BP falls below 1000 Lord Sirlin will kill my family
(09-22-2010, 01:41 AM)
zlatko's Avatar

Originally Posted by demosthenes

Ugh, me too. I was really hoping for a game where the focus was party play but where there was a large enough solo sphere that they could progress a great deal but eventually need to party.

Yeah one of the good things about XI was that you spent your time with people to accomplish things. It made it more rewarding and you met cooler people through those rewarding moments.

I'm still hoping when endgame does hit that 70% is not soloable and will be XI caliber difficult stuff. :)
demosthenes
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:46 AM)
demosthenes's Avatar

Originally Posted by zlatko

Yeah one of the good things about XI was that you spent your time with people to accomplish things. It made it more rewarding and you met cooler people through those rewarding moments.

I'm still hoping when endgame does hit that 70% is not soloable and will be XI caliber difficult stuff. :)

If endgame is even 50/50 I'll be upset. Screw that.
DrDogg
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:49 AM)
DrDogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salaadin

Was this posted from that interview:

That pretty much makes it a non issue for me.

That was discussed back when fatigue was first announced.

Also, I'm very displeased at the "focus" on solo play. Endgame is going to be a bunch of people who don't know how to play their jobs right. >_<
Kandinsky
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:53 AM)
Kandinsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrDogg

That was discussed back when fatigue was first announced.

Also, I'm very displeased at the "focus" on solo play. Endgame is going to be a bunch of people who don't know how to play their jobs right. >_<

Playing their jobs right?, oh come on now:lol

Also, 7 mins till the servers go live!??!?!

Edit: people need to check if alt+tab on fullscreen mode is possible and if you still can equip anything ASAP, dies.
Salaadin
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:53 AM)
Salaadin's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrDogg

That was discussed back when fatigue was first announced.

Also, I'm very displeased at the "focus" on solo play. Endgame is going to be a bunch of people who don't know how to play their jobs right. >_<

I remember there being confusion on whether or not it reset itself when you were logged off.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(09-22-2010, 01:55 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
On the flipside, once they implement companies, i'm sure the majority of end game will focus on that. Especially if they go somewhere with large scale Garlean V everyone else.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(09-22-2010, 01:56 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Why aren't they selling this on steam?
Kandinsky
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:58 AM)
Kandinsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Why aren't they selling this on steam?

It only took FFXI 5 years to get some sort of digital distribution, have some patience people!
demosthenes
Member
(09-22-2010, 01:59 AM)
demosthenes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Why aren't they selling this on steam?

Because Wada doesn't want to give up a cent?
Zomba13
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:04 AM)
Zomba13's Avatar
Servers up
notworksafe
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:04 AM)
notworksafe's Avatar

Originally Posted by demosthenes

Because Wada doesn't want to give up a cent?

It's the only current Square game not on Steam... :(
Kandinsky
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:07 AM)
Kandinsky's Avatar
FFXI people let us know how shitty/awesome shoes are please :OOOO
KaYotiX
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:07 AM)
KaYotiX's Avatar
Its not on Steam for the same reason they dont use a simple billing system......they are dumb :D (will still play and hopefully love FF14)
DrDogg
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:09 AM)
DrDogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kandinsky

Playing their jobs right?, oh come on now:lol

I can see it now...

"You want to tank Eorz-Kirin and you couldn't even level CON to 21 for Cure II hate control?!

"Anyone have a steel ingot so I can fix my shield? I'm switching to GLA."

Originally Posted by Salaadin

I remember there being confusion on whether or not it reset itself when you were logged off.

When I read the official dev statement I took it as your fatigue slowly resets as long as you're not actively in combat and goes through a full reset every 7 days.
Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(09-22-2010, 02:12 AM)
Rentahamster's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrDogg

When I read the official dev statement I took it as your fatigue slowly resets as long as you're not actively in combat and goes through a full reset every 7 days.

What I want to know is whether fatigue recovers every second you are not playing the fatigued job, or if fatigue recovers based on how much exp you gain on non-fatigued jobs.

If it's the former, then wouldn't it be good to switch to a sub-job every time you are out of battle for more than 10 minutes?
Zomba13
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:15 AM)
Zomba13's Avatar
=/
No new hair. At least not for Male Lalafell.
Salaadin
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:15 AM)
Salaadin's Avatar
Theres still quite a few "not sures" and "doesnt cares" on the GAF user spreadsheet. If you can, please edit yourself in and make any other necessary changes. Itll make everyone much easier to locate when tomorrow rolls around.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CMitxeUO

Remember your XIV name, city, and jobs as well.

Even if you arent planning on Lindblum, you can at least locate others who will be sharing the same server.

Id PM everyone again but that took ages having to send out one at a time in 30 second intervals last time :lol
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(09-22-2010, 02:18 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
Could someone take a screenshot of the title screen?
Kandinsky
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:18 AM)
Kandinsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zomba13

=/
No new hair. At least not for Male Lalafell.

And alt+tab still crashes the game :/

:lol
TheExodu5
(09-22-2010, 02:20 AM)
TheExodu5's Avatar
I really do want to play this...I just couldn't get passed some of the frustrations in the beta.
My main issues:

1) Ridiculous interface lag. This is issue #1 by far.
2) Poor interface. Not intuitive whatsoever.
3) Poor performance.
4) No hardware mouse without patch
5) Even with hardware mouse and high framerate, camera is extremely stuttery and makes it feel like the game is running in the teens
6) Crashes while alt-tabbing. This is nearly unforgiveable for an MMO. Running in windowed mode cuts performance by a good 25%, which makes that option quite unattractive.

I loved the design of the world, the music, the characters. Hopefully the game reaches a polished state in the future.
Salaadin
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:23 AM)
Salaadin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zomba13

=/
No new hair. At least not for Male Lalafell.

No new patches when they put the servers up? I thought thered be one for sure.
How big is the total install if you dont mind checking when you get the chance.
careksims
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:23 AM)
careksims's Avatar
I just hope more facial stuff. Hair is fine for my char but...

Sucks that alt + tab STILL crashes the game!? After all those years! Sheesh!
DrDogg
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:24 AM)
DrDogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExodu5

I really do want to play this...I just couldn't get passed some of the frustrations in the beta.
My main issues:

1) Ridiculous interface lag. This is issue #1 by far.
2) Poor interface. Not intuitive whatsoever.
3) Poor performance.
4) No hardware mouse without patch
5) Even with hardware mouse and high framerate, camera is extremely stuttery and makes it feel like the game is running in the teens
6) Crashes while alt-tabbing. This is nearly unforgiveable for an MMO. Running in windowed mode cuts performance by a good 25%, which makes that option quite unattractive.

I loved the design of the world, the music, the characters. Hopefully the game reaches a polished state in the future.

1. Supposed to be fixed in the retail release.
2. Supposedly being worked on.
3. Runs just fine on my G73 laptop. Had minimal crashes too.
4. Supposed to be fixed in the retail release.
5. I didn't get any of that. Camera was super smooth for me.
6. I have two laptops and a desktop, so I have no need to alt+tab. :D
notworksafe
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:25 AM)
notworksafe's Avatar
How's the mouse? Does it respond well? How useful is it for controlling the game? Would I be able to go kb/m only and have little issue with controls?
DrDogg
Member
(09-22-2010, 02:27 AM)
DrDogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rentahamster

What I want to know is whether fatigue recovers every second you are not playing the fatigued job, or if fatigue recovers based on how much exp you gain on non-fatigued jobs.

If it's the former, then wouldn't it be good to switch to a sub-job every time you are out of battle for more than 10 minutes?

What I took from the official statement on the matter is that as long as you're in passive mode, fatigue is slowly resetting. So if (hypothetically) it took 100 hours to reset, you could idle in town for 100 hours and it would reset at the same speed as if you changed jobs and didn't come back to the fatigued job for 100 hours.

Originally Posted by Zomba13

=/
No new hair. At least not for Male Lalafell.

Fail! Guess I'm sticking to hats as much as possible. :lol

Thread Tools