• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

pablito
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:35 PM)
pablito's Avatar

Originally Posted by wenis

the splatter on mine looks so good.


kinda tempted to frame the inner-sleeves since i replace all of mine with anti-static ones.

I'm so mad I slept on this.
123rl
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:42 PM)
Like most of you (probably) I just got Liam Gallagher - As You Were. It sounds fantastic! HMV had the white vinyl version so I got that one
Stairouais
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:18 PM)
Stairouais's Avatar
Fina-fucking-lly



Pre-order
sixteen-bit
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:23 PM)
Fuck I probably shoulda sold my Loveless
Mr. Doop
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:49 PM)
Mr. Doop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stairouais

Fina-fucking-lly



Pre-order

Oh snap
robotrock
Banned
(10-07-2017, 12:03 AM)
robotrock's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Fuck I probably shoulda sold my Loveless

$20 shipped, final offer.
TheLetdown
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:07 AM)
TheLetdown's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Fuck I probably shoulda sold my Loveless

Thought the same thing.

But I put enough spins in the thing to justify its existence, potentially sitting next to the reissue.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-07-2017, 12:26 AM)
wenis's Avatar
those shipping prices are absurd. gunna wait till i can just stroll into the store and buy them.
C4Lukins
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 10:00 AM)
C4Lukins's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

I wonder why was the print run so small. Also wouldn't the album be popular enough to see a reprint?

I dunno.

I really love the band, and really love the album, but there is something gross about the limited nature of it.

Not to mention the price.

I also just recently bought the full Pearl Jam catalogue box set for like 350 dollars. I am a sucker for this stuff. It had a similar couple of thousand copies limited edition thing.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-07-2017, 10:15 PM)
wenis's Avatar
If anyone is interested, I've updated my vinyl sale page this morning.

Google Doc
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-11-2017, 11:36 PM)
wenis's Avatar
Mr. Robot Season 2 Soundtrack.

US and UK territories got two separate pressings. US is Red Vinyl with Black Splatter and UK is Clear Vinyl with White and Red Splatter. Both are $41 shipped.


Lakeshore [US]


Invada [UK]
IronRinn
Member
(10-12-2017, 10:19 PM)
IronRinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by C4Lukins

I dunno.

I really love the band, and really love the album, but there is something gross about the limited nature of it.

Not to mention the price.

I also just recently bought the full Pearl Jam catalogue box set for like 350 dollars. I am a sucker for this stuff. It had a similar couple of thousand copies limited edition thing.

For people who are still interested, the box set is still available. Not sure if you'll still get the bonus cassette if you order now, though. I love this album but, man, ~$210 is steep.
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(10-13-2017, 05:27 AM)
Cosmic Bus's Avatar


Catherine Wheel reissues
Prince - Black Album
Hercules & Love Affair - Omnion
R.E.M. x 2
Assorted '80s Japanese stuff
Spwn
(10-16-2017, 05:36 PM)
Spwn's Avatar
Managed to get Ulver's Svidd Neger reissue from 2013 through the publisher via Discogs. So happy, because this means I'm only missing Lycantropen Themes, Quick Fix Of Melancholy Ep, Shadows of the Sun and Childhood's End. The two live albums I don't really care for. Also would be nice to have Blood Inside in a non-picture disc form.



Full collection here.
pablito
Member
(10-16-2017, 06:59 PM)
pablito's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spwn

Managed to get Ulver's Svidd Neger reissue from 2013 through the publisher via Discogs. So happy, because this means I'm only missing Lycantropen Themes, Quick Fix Of Melancholy Ep, Shadows of the Sun and Childhood's End. The two live albums I don't really care for. Also would be nice to have Blood Inside in a non-picture disc form.



Full collection here.

Fuckin nice, man.
Supa Necta
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:07 AM)
Supa Necta's Avatar
Hi vinyl GAF. After years of collecting I've finally set up a nice little listening station in the spare bedroom. My turntable is an 80s Sony PS T-33, Amp is a little monoprice tube/solid state, and my speakers are Klipsch bookshelf. The volume is quite low so I'm looking for a phono preamp. There's some cheap ones on Amazon but the reviews are mixed. If anyone has a decent one for sale in the US send me a PM. Or feel free to post some recommendations. Thanks!
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-17-2017, 01:19 AM)
wenis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Supa Necta

Hi vinyl GAF. After years of collecting I've finally set up a nice little listening station in the spare bedroom. My turntable is an 80s Sony PS T-33, Amp is a little monoprice tube/solid state, and my speakers are Klipsch bookshelf. The volume is quite low so I'm looking for a phono preamp. There's some cheap ones on Amazon but the reviews are mixed. If anyone has a decent one for sale in the US send me a PM. Or feel free to post some recommendations. Thanks!

This is kind of the goto one for anyone starting off [ART Pro Audio DJPRE II Phono Turntable Preamplifier]
Supa Necta
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:38 AM)
Supa Necta's Avatar

Originally Posted by wenis

This is kind of the goto one for anyone starting off [ART Pro Audio DJPRE II Phono Turntable Preamplifier]

Ordered thanks!

Found a decent Led Zeppelin IV at a thrift store for $0.75 today.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-17-2017, 02:46 AM)
wenis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Supa Necta

Ordered thanks!

Found a decent Led Zeppelin IV at a thrift store for $0.75 today.

If you want Zeppelin I can easily recommend all of their remastered/re-issues from 2015-2017. Jimmy Page went back to the original tapes and remastered it all from the ground up, then they reproduced all the original pckagaing as it was when the albums were first released. Sound amazing, beautifuly done pressing work and the packaging is so cool to have in amazing condition. I still want to get an original Blue Led Zeppelin I but these reissues are perfect until then.
TheCowboyPoet
Member
(10-17-2017, 07:14 AM)
TheCowboyPoet's Avatar
Black Friday Record Store Day list leaked. Highlights include a Jason Molina 7", Autumn Defense reissue, and Neil Young's Harvest Moon.
IronRinn
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:34 PM)
IronRinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheCowboyPoet

Black Friday Record Store Day list leaked. Highlights include a Jason Molina 7", Autumn Defense reissue, and Neil Young's Harvest Moon.

Hopefully I can grab a copy of that Chet Atkins 7". I have started down a blues/country blues rabbit hole that is wreaking havoc on my wallet.
Linius
Member
(10-18-2017, 11:06 AM)
Linius's Avatar

Originally Posted by wenis

If you want Zeppelin I can easily recommend all of their remastered/re-issues from 2015-2017. Jimmy Page went back to the original tapes and remastered it all from the ground up, then they reproduced all the original pckagaing as it was when the albums were first released. Sound amazing, beautifuly done pressing work and the packaging is so cool to have in amazing condition. I still want to get an original Blue Led Zeppelin I but these reissues are perfect until then.

Yeah can't agree more. Copped II not too long ago, looks and sounds amazing.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-19-2017, 04:25 AM)
wenis's Avatar
new arrivals:


NumberThree
Member
(10-19-2017, 09:57 PM)
NumberThree's Avatar
Not exclusively vinyl related, but for the longest time (like 5+ years) I've just had my speakers on the TV stand and when I got my turntable I kept the speakers there and put the turntable off to the side.

Today I finally bought some speaker stands and it's amazing how big of a difference it makes. I think I'll listen through my entire (small) record collection in the next few weeks..

I also mounted the TV to a VESA stand and so now I can have my turntable right there at the center of my humble setup :)

Now off to Discogs, I need to buy more records..
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(10-19-2017, 11:25 PM)
Cosmic Bus's Avatar
I need to know what wenis does for a living. Seems like you're buying like $1k in vinyl every month, lol
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-19-2017, 11:39 PM)
wenis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus

I need to know what wenis does for a living. Seems like you're buying like $1k in vinyl every month, lol

I do buy a lot but Iím also flipping a lot back to my local shop for credit and accruing as I do. And selling some on the side through the buy/sell thread here and on other sites.

I am probably spending far too much on vinyl but Iíve contained it mostly to the weekends or if I find a deal on Discogs (especially with guys Iíve been buying from for awhile and they cut me deals).

Thread Tools