• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DietRob
i've been begging for over 5 years.
(10-07-2017, 02:20 PM)
DietRob's Avatar
Don't really see the problem. It's instrumentals also? Yea this falls in the who cares category for me.
zelas
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:24 PM)
Jesus Take the Wheel was played eveywhere. Complaining about a song, one without lyrics, is why people think agressive atheists/religion bashers are awful people just looking to stir shit up. People complain that religion is being thrown in their face so they take the lyrics out in a step to appease you and you're still offended?? Why even step foot in a Chik-Fil-A to begin with if something this benign bothers you?
Combichristoffersen
Combovers don't work when there is no hair
(10-07-2017, 02:28 PM)
Combichristoffersen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chie Satonaka

You'll take Wonderful Christmas Time and you'll goddamn love it.

That ruined my day.

Anyway, as long as it's some completely inoffensive instrumental music I don't see the problem. Their stance on LGBTQA is a better reason to not eat there.
Last edited by Combichristoffersen; 10-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Thaedolus
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:31 PM)
Thaedolus's Avatar
Their sauce is their only above average item tbh
LordKasual
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:33 PM)
1) I'm almost positive this has never happened in any chains near me

2) dont care still delicious
CassidyIzABeast
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:34 PM)
CassidyIzABeast's Avatar
That chicken tastes like it was fried by God's down south grandma so it makes sense.
siddx
Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
(10-07-2017, 02:38 PM)
siddx's Avatar
Everyone crawling over each other to dick slap op with their snide bullshit. Dude wasn't even complaining or making a fuss, he just thought it was interesting.
Escape Goat
(10-07-2017, 02:39 PM)
Escape Goat's Avatar

Originally Posted by siddx

Everyone crawling over each other to dick slap op with their snide bullshit. Dude wasn't even complaining or making a fuss, he just thought it was interesting.

You must be new
siddx
Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
(10-07-2017, 02:42 PM)
siddx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

Ever been somewhere that plays classical music? Thatís all religious music.

Also this is complete nonsense.

Originally Posted by Escape Goat

You must be new

Just naive enough to think one day gaffers will stop with this bullshit.
Servbot24
Uncharted 4 is years ahead of its time when it comes to storytelling in the way it communicates a feeling of unease through bad pacing
(10-07-2017, 02:44 PM)
Servbot24's Avatar
I don't really get why this matters, there is a very long history of excellent religious music.
Messofanego
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:45 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by zelas

Jesus Take the Wheel was played eveywhere. Complaining about a song, one without lyrics, is why people think agressive atheists/religion bashers are awful people just looking to stir shit up. People complain that religion is being thrown in their face so they take the lyrics out in a step to appease you and you're still offended?? Why even step foot in a Chik-Fil-A to begin with if something this benign bothers you?

Uh OP wasn't complaining, he was just surprised it's a thing and didn't know about Chick Fil A being a religious restaurant.
LordKasual
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:50 PM)
i mean America is clearly a religious country

i dont know why religious anything is surprising to anyone
pigeon interrupted
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:50 PM)
pigeon interrupted's Avatar

Originally Posted by katsubento

Hardly a big deal. In fact, I'd take that over some of the crap I hear in other places.


Amen ;)
Ishan
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 03:01 PM)
Ishan's Avatar
Who cares it's business don't like it don't go etc etc this is a non issue
low-G
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:08 PM)
low-G's Avatar

Originally Posted by Earthbound64

"on the low"
"lowkey"
Really?...

Op is gonna go ly low while taking the L
Falchion
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:10 PM)
Falchion's Avatar
It's not really a secret. Also if you ever go eat at Bojangles they just play praise music.
pretty done
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:10 PM)
pretty done's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElectricBlanketFire

Christian who regularly attends church and no, modern worship music sucks.

My mom is the same, she loves this band called Jesus Culture or something.

I don't see how they're any worse than Migos or Taylor Swift.
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:12 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar

Originally Posted by siddx

Everyone crawling over each other to dick slap op with their snide bullshit. Dude wasn't even complaining or making a fuss, he just thought it was interesting.

I'm still waiting to learn about the "interesting" part of the story.

"Hey guys! I walked into a business establishment that vocally associates with Christianity, and guess what!! This will blow your fuckin minds... wait for it!!.. wait for it...

*whispers... they were playing Christian music!"
Last edited by Johnny Cage In The Shower; 10-07-2017 at 03:14 PM.
siddx
Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
(10-07-2017, 03:20 PM)
siddx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

I'm still waiting to learn about the "interesting" part of the story.

"Hey guys! I walked into a business establishment that vocally associates with Christianity, and guess what!! This will blow your fuckin minds... wait for it!!.. wait for it...

*whispers... they were playing Christian music!"

Not every thread needs to be a deep discussion. I didn't know they did this. Now I do. It's nice knowing things. Thanks for the info OP.
boiled goose
good with gravy
(10-07-2017, 03:24 PM)
boiled goose's Avatar

Originally Posted by tr4nce 26

Whats wrong with worship music? I guess I don't understand what this thread is trying to say.

It's pretty obnoxious to non religious people or people of other faiths. It's not inclusive and borderline offensive.

That said, this is instrumental so it's fine
Earthbound64
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:29 PM)
Earthbound64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bad_Boy

Upset about slang? Really?

Try reading the rest of the page.

Originally Posted by Earthbound64

Originally Posted by Slate Soda

Originally Posted by Earthbound64

Originally Posted by Slate Soda

Rather be in that poster's position than being triggered by a slang word

You missed my point.
I'm not triggered by a word.
My point is there's nothing "lowkey" or "on the low" about it - it's very obvious.

Whoops. My mistake

No worries :)

Stoop Man
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 03:36 PM)
Stoop Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by boiled goose

It's pretty obnoxious to non religious people or people of other faiths. It's not inclusive and borderline offensive.

That said, this is instrumental so it's fine

I don't think religious music played at a privately-owned restaurant is offensive at all. Everyone know Chic-fil-a is run by a super christian guy.

Unless it's christian rock because holy shit is that stuff obnoxious.
Dangansona
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:41 PM)
Dangansona's Avatar

Originally Posted by jackal27

Every Chick-Fil-A is privately operated and chooses their own music. Calm down.

source: my dad owns 2 and plays instrumental classic rock

A few years ago when I worked there I remember it being a choice if Christian music with lyrics, Christian music instrumentals, or normal music instrumentals.

Either way not a big deal or some huge revelation.
elrechazado
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:48 PM)
elrechazado's Avatar

Originally Posted by zelas

Jesus Take the Wheel was played eveywhere. Complaining about a song, one without lyrics, is why people think agressive atheists/religion bashers are awful people just looking to stir shit up. People complain that religion is being thrown in their face so they take the lyrics out in a step to appease you and you're still offended?? Why even step foot in a Chik-Fil-A to begin with if something this benign bothers you?

Truth
Vermillion
Member Formerly Known as JokerOfSpades
(10-07-2017, 03:50 PM)
Vermillion's Avatar
I noticed this the other day, lol.

Recognized some of the songs I would hear at church. No big deal, imo
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:52 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar

Originally Posted by boiled goose

It's pretty obnoxious to non religious people or people of other faiths. It's not inclusive and borderline offensive.

That said, this is instrumental so it's fine

You're right, such irresponsible and despicable behavior from the management, either they should turn off the music to not risk offending anyone that walks inl!! or maybe just play "elevator music" preferably music that is created by a midi keyboard and can pass as "music" for the public in North Korea.

Because fuck you for using audio to represent your beliefs and culture in your own establishment... Where do they think they are, in a free country?
Days like these...
Poonani should have a ph balance of 0
(10-07-2017, 04:04 PM)
I really like their sandwhiches but I dont eat there very often cause of their hateful, homophobic politics and the employees creep me out with their 'niceness'. Are they taught to size people up in training, cause it seems like a I get an extra dose of 'Have a blessed day!' than non heathens.

Funny, anecdote I was eating there the other day and before leaving I ordered a shake. The shake took a while so the guy brings me the shake and he's apologizing profusely. So I look him dead in the eye place my hand on his arm and say "Guy, it's just a shake, it's ok." The bewildered look on his face was precious.
elrechazado
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:06 PM)
elrechazado's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Are they taught to size people up in training, cause it seems like a I get an extra dose of 'Have a blessed day!' than non heathens.

That's some amazing projecting.
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:11 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

I really like their sandwhiches but I dont eat there very often cause of their hateful, homophobic politics and the employees creep me out with their 'niceness'. Are they taught to size people up in training, cause it seems like a I get an extra dose of 'Have a blessed day!' than non heathens.

Funny, anecdote I was eating there the other day and before leaving I ordered a shake. The shake took a while so the guy brings me the shake and he's apologizing profusely. So I look him dead in the eye place my hand on his arm and say "Guy, it's just a shake, it's ok." The bewildered look on his face was precious.

Soo, minus the allegedly "homophobic" stuff, they operate like any other fast food joint in the country? "service with a smile"

I envy you in a way that , you're at a point in your life where you can still take good service for granted. Would you have preferred if the guy handed the shake to you while checking his facebook page on his phone and not even making eye contact? "eear you go bruh"
Last edited by Johnny Cage In The Shower; 10-07-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Days like these...
Poonani should have a ph balance of 0
(10-07-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by elrechazado

That's some amazing projecting.

Lol, yew right, but still I wonder
Briarios
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:14 PM)
Briarios's Avatar
... it's instrumental. How could anyone be upset over music with no words or context associated with it? It's not like you place your order and they say, "Thank you, please enjoy this music that praises the almighty Lord -- if you would like to convert while you wait, we have a room in the back."
One Eyed Willy
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:16 PM)
One Eyed Willy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Lol, yew right, but still I wonder

I think they just hire nice people and train them to be polite to customers as part of their brand. If you come off as an edge lord during the interview, probably not going to get hired at most places of employment.
JinjoUnchained
Banned
(10-07-2017, 04:31 PM)
My Chick-Fil-A plays jazz music. It's awesome.
StanleyStutters
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:33 PM)
StanleyStutters's Avatar
That is pretty interesting. I never thought about the background music playing in stores, restaurants, etc. I wonder what kind of music other places have going on in the background.
Stalwart
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:33 PM)
Stalwart's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

Soo, minus the allegedly "homophobic" stuff, they operate like any other fast food joint in the country?

"allegedly"
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:35 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar
To us e a Simpsons metaphor here:

The TV Telethon is Chick-fil-A,

Troy McClure is the OP

And the phone ringing is the Music playing at Chick-fil-A


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRDz_5q9-8
Esiquio
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:42 PM)
Esiquio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chococat

Agree. Like any music, some of it it is good.

Also, the "Prince of Egypt" soundtrack is one of my favorites.

Totally agree. I listen to a incredibly wide variety of music (love you Spotify!), including religious music from all over the world. Check these out:

Byzantine Chant in Arabic - All Creation Rejoices (Christian)
Beautiful and haunting, you can't understand a word and the layman would take it as "Muslim music".

La Illaha Il Allah (Muslim)
Group chanting with a good, smooth sound.

Jars of Clay - Flood (More traditional Christian)
I don't think this song mentions God explicitly. Has a really cool beat and the track changes entirely 2-3 times.

Matisyahu - Jerusalem (Jewish)
This guy is my man. I freaking love his music. Interesting note, this guy is such a cool, inspirational dude. He also appeared on an album with a Christian Rock band, the songs he's in are like rock-reggae and dope.

All you people that shit on religion in general, or religious music, don't know anything about the incredibly variety that is out there and the interesting stories and lives some of these people have lived. How about a little more diversity in your lives?

Bonus:
Totally different music. Formed by a group of guys in the Sahara desert that wander around with electric guitars.
Earthbound64
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:45 PM)
Earthbound64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Esiquio

Bonus:

Don't forget the award-winning Civilization IV trailer
Spoiler: Arranged version of the Swahili-language Lord's Prayer.
Shauni
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:48 PM)
Shauni's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

To us e a Simpsons metaphor here:

The TV Telethon is Chick-fil-A,

Troy McClure is the OP

And the phone ringing is the Music playing at Chick-fil-A


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRDz_5q9-8

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

Soo, minus the allegedly "homophobic" stuff, they operate like any other fast food joint in the country? "service with a smile"

I envy you in a way that , you're at a point in your life where you can still take good service for granted. Would you have preferred if the guy handed the shake to you while checking his facebook page on his phone and not even making eye contact? "eear you go bruh"

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

You're right, such irresponsible and despicable behavior from the management, either they should turn off the music to not risk offending anyone that walks inl!! or maybe just play "elevator music" preferably music that is created by a midi keyboard and can pass as "music" for the public in North Korea.

Because fuck you for using audio to represent your beliefs and culture in your own establishment... Where do they think they are, in a free country?

Wow, man, you are like taking this... personally.
Messofanego
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:48 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

Soo, minus the allegedly "homophobic" stuff

Nothing allegedly or air quotes about Chick Fil A being homophobic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-...ge_controversy
Machine
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:54 PM)
Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Massive Duck, C.M.

This is the anti-gay chicken store, right

Jesus is totally cool with gay people but all gay chickens will burn in hell
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:05 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shauni

Wow, man, you are like taking this... personally.

Nah, I just think it's par for the course to shit on religion (mostly Christianity) on GAF, and that kinda is uncool, regardless of your horrible PERSONAL experience with said religion.

Some of us come from decent families, parents and church! It's unfortunate that some others didn't have that opportunity, but Christianity as a whole is too broad and nonspecific of a religion to be casually shat on! You dig?

Disclaimer: I had Chick-fil-A once when I was visiting the US, and I didn't even see what's all the fucking hype is about! Maybe ordered the wrong type of chicken?
Last edited by Johnny Cage In The Shower; 10-07-2017 at 05:08 PM.
JigglesBunny
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:07 PM)
JigglesBunny's Avatar
Youíre not in a Chick-fil-a for the ambiance.
Youíre in a Chick-fil-a to cut up a chicken sammie and some waffle fries.
Stalwart
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:16 PM)
Stalwart's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower

Nah, I just think it's par for the course to shit on religion (mostly Christianity) on GAF, and that kinda is uncool, regardless of your horrible PERSONAL experience with said religion.

And unsurprisingly you're dodging everybody correcting you about who it's being run by.
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:24 PM)
Johnny Cage In The Shower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stalwart

And unsurprisingly you're dodging everybody correcting you about who it's being run by.

Is this some kind of a shitty, awful way of accusing me of being a homophobe or something?
PrimaNocta
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:35 PM)
PrimaNocta's Avatar
I go to chick fil A about once a month and never even noticed what music playing. To busy eating that juicy delicious chicken sandwich.
Meffer
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:37 PM)
Meffer's Avatar
If the music is good and not distracting I don't see a problem.
Hazmat
(10-07-2017, 05:43 PM)
Hazmat's Avatar
Some people are religious. Some of them own restaurants and some of them make music. CFA is a company that makes no effort to hide its religious values. This is about as noteworthy as if they played smooth jazz or classic rock.
sjboi
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 05:46 PM)
Funny, I was just watching this Chil-Fil-A parody:

https://youtu.be/sO-msplukrw

Now THAT would be good background music!
ryseing
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:48 PM)
ryseing's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny Cage In The Shower


Disclaimer: I had Chick-fil-A once when I was visiting the US, and I didn't even see what's all the fucking hype is about! Maybe ordered the wrong type of chicken?

Did you get the spicy chicken?

If not, you got the wrong type of chicken.

Thread Tools