• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DriftingSpirit
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:56 AM)
DriftingSpirit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Every.Single.Time

Without fail.

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

It was really prevalent in the latest look they gave us. More than most AAA games I can remember in the past few years. I don't think anybody is saying that the whole game will play like that, but it is concerning to people who don't like them, especially not in that abundance. I don't understand what's there to trivialize if someone holds that opinion.

It's not like this thread incites some actual discussion about something besides stating how impressive those numbers are. It's a big game with a lot of people watching, and a lot of people loathe QTE's since a decade or more for obvious reasons.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397353
Wamb0wneD
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:21 AM)
Wamb0wneD's Avatar

Originally Posted by DriftingSpirit

Without fail.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397353

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs or did you stop at the first sentence because you seem to communicate in oneliners.
Because I see nobody doing that. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

If there are 10 of those cinematic QTE setpieces like we saw in the footage then that's still more than any other AAA game in recent memory.
And people can be worried about that being the case if they don't enjoy QTEs.
Last edited by Wamb0wneD; 10-07-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 05:22 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs?
Because I see nobody doing that
. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

If there are 10 of those cinematic QTE setpieces like we saw in the footage then that's still more than any other AAA game in recent memory.
And people can be worried about that being the case if they don't enjoy QTEs.

People have done this in fact it was called tell tale Spider-Man on here.
If I was bored Iíd find posts but meh not that invested weíve done this tango for too many threads now no matter what the information is
Wamb0wneD
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:25 AM)
Wamb0wneD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

People have done this in fact it was called tell tale Spider-Man on here.
If I was bored I’d find posts but meh not that invested we’ve done this tango for too many threads now no matter what the information is

And if one crazy person says that or even a few people would hold that strange opinion it renders anyone's worries that there might be too many QTEs in there for his/her tastes irrelevant and annoying?
We barely have any information but that last E3 footage, no?
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 05:28 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

And if one crazy person says that or even a few people would hold that strange opinion it renders anyone's worries that there might be too many QTEs in there for his/her tastes irrelevant and annoying?

How many times are you gonna bring up 40 seconds of qteís? At one point is the discussion something else? Insomniac release more info tomorrow about a villain thatís in you gonna bring up the qte again for what exactly?
Wamb0wneD
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:32 AM)
Wamb0wneD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

How many times are you gonna bring up 40 seconds of qte’s? At one point is the discussion something else? Insomniac release more info tomorrow about a villain that’s in you gonna bring up the qte again for what exactly?

First of all I didn't bring it up at all. Good thing you assume I did though. What I'm arguing is the attitude towards people who simply state their concerns in a normal manner.
If the only footage we have is 1.5 minutes long and 40 seconds of that is QTEs and someone finds that too high then it's his/her right to express that without people jumping down their throats in that dismissing manner. Noone in this thread brought up the crazy claims you mentioned earlier. Ignore them if it bothers you so much.

There barely is any discussion that could be derailed in this particular thread simply because of the nature of the OP. There is not a lot to discuss with that kind of topic.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 05:35 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

First of all I didn't bring it up at all. Good thing you assume I did though. What I'm arguing is the attitude towards people who simply state their concerns in a normal manner.
If the only footage we have is 1.5 minutes of footage and 40 seconds of that is QTEs and someone finds that too high then it's his/her right to express that without people jumping down their throats in that dismissing manner. Noone in this thread brought up the crazy claims you mentioned earlier. Ignore them if it bothers you so much.

There barely is any discussion that could be derailed in this particular thread simply because of the nature of the OP. There is not a lot to discuss with that kind of topic.

Footage was about 8 minutes btw vastly overstating how long the qte took over
Wamb0wneD
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:42 AM)
Wamb0wneD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Footage was about 8 minutes btw vastly overstating how long the qte took over

If that's all you took from my post then we're done here I guess. I don't want to waste time with someone pretending to discuss something and then hilariously enough complains about people not disucssing the particular things he wants to be discussed. The QTE was still longer than anything I've seen in recent memory when it comes to video games in general. I don't have a huge problem with it though.
Continue to go into every thread where QTEs get brought up (So every thread until one with new footage where it's not as prevalent) and complain about it in the most reductionist driveby way possible. The fact you assumed I complained about the QTEs myself without any basis whatsoever says a lot. Have a nice day/night. I'll go to sleep now.
Last edited by Wamb0wneD; 10-07-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 05:45 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

If that's all you took from my post then we're done here I guess. I don't want to waste time with someone pretending to discuss something and then hilariously enough complains about people not disucssing things. The QTE was still longer than anything I've seen in recent memory when it comes to video games in general. I don't have a huge problem with it though.
Continue to go into every thread where QTEs get brought up (So every thread until one with new footage where it's not as prevalent) and complain about it in the most reductionist driveby way possible. The fact you assumed I complained about the QTEs myself without any basis whatsoever says a lot. Have a nice day/night. I'll go to sleep now.

Well you got antagonistic pretty fast there itís a discussion all that isnít needed at all honestly
DriftingSpirit
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 AM)
DriftingSpirit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs or did you stop at the first sentence because you seem to communicate in oneliners.
Because I see nobody doing that. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

If there are 10 of those cinematic QTE setpieces like we saw in the footage then that's still more than any other AAA game in recent memory.
And people can be worried about that being the case if they don't enjoy QTEs.

I don't have time for your tone. I'm simply saying it is a tired and worn out discussion (specifically, how it is usually discussed here) that has already been addressed by the devs directly.

If you disagree, cool. I'm not responding to you beyond this post though.
Wamb0wneD
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:00 AM)
Wamb0wneD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Well you got antagonistic pretty fast there it’s a discussion all that isn’t needed at all honestly

One last answer before I really go to sleep: If you automatically assume I brought up the QTEs in this thread because it fits your argument and no other reason (because I didn't, and you glossed over that fact two times now) I would argue it's you who got antagonistic in the first place.
And you're right, no discussion needs that. But so far you ignored 90% of the stuff that I wrote and your other posts in here looked like this:

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Define alot

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Every.Single.Time

So what exactly does this discussion in particular need?
Edit: No harm done tho, again, have a nice day.

Originally Posted by DriftingSpirit

I don't have time for your tone. I'm simply saying it is a tired and worn out discussion (specifically, how it is usually discussed here) that has already been addressed by the devs directly.

If you disagree, cool. I'm not responding to you beyond this post though.

My tone towards you was fairly normal until you responded with that lazy link to a tweet while seemingly ignoring what I actually wrote beyond the first sentence. No time indeed.

Dito to the bolded.
Last edited by Wamb0wneD; 10-07-2017 at 06:07 AM.
almostjuliuscaesar
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:01 AM)
almostjuliuscaesar's Avatar
This game is 100% coming out right next to Infinity War. And Sony is lying if they say otherwise. The marketing possibilities are way too easy.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 06:02 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

One last answer before I really go to sleep: If you automatically assume I brought up the QTEs in this thread because it fits your argument and no other reason (because I didn't, and you glossed over that fact two times now) I would argue it's you who got antagonistic in the first place.
And you're right, no discussion needs that. But so far you ignored 90% of the stuff that I wrote and your other posts in here looked like this:





So what exactly does that discussion need?

Yes define a lot in which the response was everybody but you conveniently ignored that part for obvious reasons. And never once did I say youíd specifically did anything you decided to interject yourself into the conversation

Originally Posted by almostjuliuscaesar

This game is 100% coming out right next to Infinity War. And Sony is lying if they say otherwise. The marketing possibilities are way too easy.

Infinity war is what may? Probably will honestly if the first half of 2018 thing holds true
boingball
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:55 AM)
boingball's Avatar
The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.
bombshell
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:07 AM)
bombshell's Avatar

Originally Posted by boingball

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.

Yes, I am sure too... Wait what?
Memento
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:26 AM)
Memento's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randam

Still don't like the hookshot mechanic.

What do you mean?
Colocho
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:31 AM)
Colocho's Avatar
This is gonna sell gangbusters, but I doubt it surpasses Uncharted 4 sales.
xxracerxx
Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
(10-07-2017, 07:31 AM)
xxracerxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randam

Still don't like the hookshot mechanic.

You mean the Spider-Man move where he shoots a web and pulls himself rapidly to that spot? That has been in his skill set for a very, very long time.
Famassu
(10-07-2017, 07:34 AM)
Famassu's Avatar

Originally Posted by boingball

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.

The same Insomniac & Sony that have released numerous award winning games for decades? Many of them in partnership with each other? Yeah, I'm sure they will deliver a total shitfest of a game.
Rurunaki
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:42 AM)
Rurunaki's Avatar
Fisk sounds like Batman or am I just hearing things?
tmac456
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:45 AM)
tmac456's Avatar

Originally Posted by boingball

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.

lol quality shit post right here
pswii60
(10-07-2017, 07:45 AM)
pswii60's Avatar

Originally Posted by Daffy Duck

Wouldnít surprise me if a lot of views are people searching marvel spiderman and hitting that trailer.

Free advertising then.
Randam
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:29 PM)
Randam's Avatar

Originally Posted by xxracerxx

You mean the Spider-Man move where he shoots a web and pulls himself rapidly to that spot? That has been in his skill set for a very, very long time.

That's what I mean.

Do you have any examples from comics/movies etc where he does that?
FelipeMGM
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:13 PM)
FelipeMGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by almostjuliuscaesar

This game is 100% coming out right next to Infinity War. And Sony is lying if they say otherwise. The marketing possibilities are way too easy.

My guess would be June, thats close enough
Mubrik
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:22 PM)
Mubrik's Avatar
some posts on here man. lol
going by how popular the franchise is on itself the ones buying the game won't be the ones typing about qte here luckily.
lukeskymac
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:33 PM)
lukeskymac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Iím expecting a massive graphics downgrade by the time itís eventually released in 2019.

It's 2017 yet Sony exclusives still get hit with this kind of shitpost. I don't know if people are just pretending that the likes of Uncharted 4 and Horizon don't exist anymore after they were launched, or if they are just THAT desperate for Sony's big games to fail in some way.
cromofo
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:42 PM)
cromofo's Avatar
Reserving any hype I might have for this.

Games usually turn out worse than the official gameplay and in this case I'm not really impressed with it.

I hope I'm wrong and it's amazing.
Ascenion
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:59 PM)
Ascenion's Avatar

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

My guess would be June, thats close enough

June isnít close enough. If youíre trying to piggyback off Disney marketing it needs to be in the same month.
The Han Solo film drops soon after Infinity War So Disney is gonna shift into Star Wars marketing almost immediately, then youíve got Deadpool and Incredibles 2. You either launch in May or wait for home video in October.

It shouldíve been out this year with home coming but they fucked that up.
jjonez18
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:01 PM)
jjonez18's Avatar
I'm so hyped for this game! Haven't played a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 on the GameCube. I've no doubt Insomniac can deliver.
FelipeMGM
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:06 PM)
FelipeMGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ascenion

June isn’t close enough. If you’re trying to piggyback off Disney marketing it needs to be in the same month.
The Han Solo film drops soon after Infinity War So Disney is gonna shift into Star Wars marketing almost immediately, then you’ve got Deadpool and Incredibles 2. You either launch in May or wait for home video in October.

It should’ve been out this year with home coming but they fucked that up.

they would have fucked up way more with a year less in development time
Last edited by FelipeMGM; 10-07-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Mr.Deadshot
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:15 PM)
Mr.Deadshot's Avatar

Originally Posted by boingball

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.

Just like all their other b-tier first- and second-party-games. Right?

If it's the usual Insomniac/Sony-quality then this game will be amazing.
Ascenion
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:16 PM)
Ascenion's Avatar

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

they would have fucked way up more with a year less in development time

I donít know. Seems like itís a few months extra in dev time. From what we know, this shouldíve been out in 2017. Marvel even said that at one point. Itís easy to delay something when you never announce a release date.
sense
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:32 PM)
sense's Avatar
Wonder if the release is affected by the activision deal signed a long time ago. The deal for Spider-Man and xmen is supposed to run through 2017. I know they didn't renew it but publishing games before 2017 could still be an issue. Even square enix deal was announced with more info in 2018.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...Until_2017.php
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(10-07-2017, 02:40 PM)
benny_a's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ascenion

I donít know. Seems like itís a few months extra in dev time. From what we know, this shouldíve been out in 2017. Marvel even said that at one point. Itís easy to delay something when you never announce a release date.

Can you cite a source that this game was supposed to be out in 2017?
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(10-07-2017, 02:40 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by benny_a

Can you cite a source that this game was supposed to be out in 2017?

The marvel guy said it thatís about it

Thread Tools