• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PSlayer
(10-06-2017, 02:24 AM)
Not trying to downplay this news but Isn't "Spiderman" and "Elza" two keywords that magically bring millions of views because kids and stuff?
CelestialWolfZX
(10-06-2017, 02:25 AM)

Originally Posted by erlim

It's interesting.

It's kind of commendable that Sony tries to buy into these type of franchises by paying for development. Spider-Man, Street Fighter V, etc.

But it can kinda bite them in the ass...Microsoft is doing it smarter by getting established and critically acclaimed games after they are out, like PUBG, while we really have no idea if Spider-Man will do well or have trouble sticking the landing like Street Fighter V.

I am very excited as a life-long Spider-Man fan. Takes a certain kind of dedication to be reared on Maximum Carnage and the original Clone Saga and still fall in love with a character.

Considering it's Insomniac who is working on the game (Who's only really bad game was FUSE, which suffered from heavy meddling from EA, it looked a lot more interesting when it was originally revealed as Overstrike) I think this game should be in safe hands.
Strings
(10-06-2017, 02:26 AM)
My neighbour's 7 year old daughter saw my PS4 and asked if I'd 'seen the spiderman game on youtube'.
Krappadizzle
(10-06-2017, 02:26 AM)
Good. Can't wait to play it. Really hope we get to play as Miles Morales too. Or at the very very minimum use his costume.
ASilentProtagonist
(10-06-2017, 02:27 AM)
Wow! Will we ever get that extended gameplay?

Game will be a big hit.
DriftingSpirit
(10-06-2017, 02:27 AM)

Originally Posted by ASilentProtagonist

Wow! Will we ever get that extended gameplay?

That is a good question.

At least PSX will bring more stuff.
Jigorath
Banned
(10-06-2017, 02:28 AM)
Yeah this game is gonna be big. Kids love Spidey.
Mikey Jr.
(10-06-2017, 02:28 AM)
So when we count the AAA amazing super Hero games, Batman is certainly one of them.

I feel like Spiderman is about to have that light like how the Arkham games have.

I wonder what Rocksteady is doing next.
Vital Tundra
(10-06-2017, 02:30 AM)
I just want to see more of the game, though. I have no doubt Insomniac will make an incredible game but im starving to see more.
Memento

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

So when we count the AAA amazing super Hero games, Batman is certainly one of them.

I feel like Spiderman is about to have that light like how the Arkham games have.

I wonder what Rocksteady is doing next.

Hopefully my dream game AAA Harry Potter Open World RPG
TwistedFreeze

Originally Posted by Neoxon

With the ban ending, we may get an X-Men game after Avengers & Guardians.

I wasn't even aware there was a ban. Hopefully we get something good out of it. From a narrative and gameplay perspective, there's so much that can be done so I'd love to see a developer handle them like Rocksteady handled Batman
jett
D-Member
(10-06-2017, 02:31 AM)
They must've been pushing that thing as an ad.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(10-06-2017, 02:31 AM)
Gonna be yuge.
gfxtwin
(10-06-2017, 02:32 AM)
This thread reminded my that, even after all of these amazing PS4 exclusives lately, we're still getting a AAA open world Spider-man by Insomniac, The Last of Us 2, Shadow of the Colossus remake, Media Molecule's Dreams, Death Stranding, and possibly Horizon 2, a new Fumito Ueda game, etc.
ErMerGerd
(10-06-2017, 02:32 AM)
I pray some of the profit they make could help fund a Sunset Overdrive 2.
Mikey Jr.
(10-06-2017, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by jett

10 min ad?

Dunno.

But I know what your saying. But to figure that out, look at number of comments/likes/dislikes.

Thats usually a tell tale sign.
Memento
(10-06-2017, 02:35 AM)

A 9 minutes gameplay demo as an ad? That makes no sense at all.
CelestialWolfZX

Originally Posted by gfxtwin

This thread reminded my that, even after all of these amazing PS4 exclusives lately, we're still getting a AAA open world Spider-man by Insomniac, The Last of Us 2, Shadow of the Colossus remake, Media Molecule's Dreams, Death Stranding, and possibly Horizon 2, a new Fumito Ueda game, etc.

Don't Forget a new God of War as well. And this is before we reach the Playstation Experience which considering last years reveal, should hopefully have some big reveals as well.

C'mon Spyro Trilogy, I need one to go alongside my Crash Trilogy!
Foxxsoxx
I hope they knock it out of the park.
ShockingAlberto
(10-06-2017, 02:36 AM)
Yes but is it Marvel's Arkham
Ascenion
(10-06-2017, 02:37 AM)
I hope they spell Spider-Man correctly on the cover because god knows no one seems to be capable of doing so.
Fisty
It's going to be a worldwide thing, without a doubt. I hope they plan on localizing it to every language imaginable
jstevenson
Sailor Stevenson

Nope
DMVfan123
Banned
(10-06-2017, 02:38 AM)
Already have it preordered, give me this and the Avengers game by Crystal
Current-gen superhero goodness, drooling already
Kouriozan
It's going to be the best thing ever, isn't it?
Really excited for this.
mo60

Originally Posted by Certinty

Even if the game is only decent it's going to do insane numbers. It's actually more scary to think how well this game could sell if it's great and is released close to Avengers Infinity War too.

What's the best selling exclusive game (not inc. bundled) these past ten or so years anyway?

gta 5 and likely minecraft. mario kart wii is not far behind.
jasminlovesyoux
(10-06-2017, 02:39 AM)

Originally Posted by PSlayer

Not trying to downplay this news but Isn't "Spiderman" and "Elza" two keywords that magically bring millions of views because kids and stuff?

I was thinking the same thing. The power of spider man on YouTube is strong.
Gaenor
(10-06-2017, 02:40 AM)
Definitely in my top 3 most anticipated games. Insomniac knows how to make a good game.
Strings
(10-06-2017, 02:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Ascenion

I hope they spell Spider-Man correctly on the cover because god knows no one seems to be capable of doing so.

Sanctuary
(10-06-2017, 02:42 AM)
No clue how well Akham City: Now with Spider-Man! will sell. Probably at least five million, but ten? Dunno. How well did City and Knight sell?
ambar_hitman

The Marvel-imposed X-Men/F4 ban, which you can learn more about here. The X-Men part of the ban ended not too long ago.

Wow interesting. Thanks for information.
JBourne
maybe tomorrow it rains
It's the Spider-Man YouTube thing. Putting Spider-Man in the title of your video is guaranteed views. I have a YouTube channel that I use for some random PS4 clips and some old Shadowplay stuff. Most videos have less than 200 views, with some videos having 0. I put up a 3 minute video of me fucking around with Ultimate Spider-Man on PC and it has over 10,000. Every few weeks I'll get a comment telling me I suck.
Foxxsoxx
(10-06-2017, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by JBourne

It's the Spider-Man YouTube thing. Putting Spider-Man in the title of your video is guaranteed views. I have a YouTube channel that I use for some random PS4 clips and some old Shadowplay stuff. Most videos have less than 200 views, with some videos having 0. I put up a 3 minute video of me ducking around with Ultimate Spider-Man on PC and it has over 10,000. Every few weeks I'll get a comment telling me I suck.

You suck
Figboy79
Aftershock LA
(10-06-2017, 02:44 AM)
As someone whoís first ever game industry job was doing QA for Spider-Man 2, I canít express the joy I feel knowing that Spider-Man is in the hands of an excellent developer, and weíll more than likely finally be getting a genuinely good Spider-Man game, from graphics, to gameplay, to story. I never thought Iíd see this day. I thought Activision would have its talons in Spider-Man until the day I died.

Iíve watched the E3 video more times that I can count, but 40 million is super impressive. A lot of eyes are on this game, and probably for similar reasons as to why Iím excited for it as well.

Insomniac is one of my favorite developers, hands down. I almost bought an Xbox ONE for Sunset Overdrive, but I really couldnít justify a new console for one game (sorry, Insomniac!).
kyser73
Is there any way to get a metric for unique views?
David___
Lots of PS4s are gonna be sold with this and God of War releasing in around the same time frame
jett
D-Member
(10-06-2017, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by jstevenson

Nope

Oh nevermind, that's impressive then.
Kouriozan

Originally Posted by Neith

People who think this doesn't have a chance at 10m if all goes right have NO idea what they are talking about.

Yep, with how crazy this game is hyped, it's going to reach 10M super easily.
JBourne
maybe tomorrow it rains

Originally Posted by Foxxsoxx

You suck

I know, man. I know.
Dr. Kitty Muffins
All the more reason first party studios should be doing licensed games with proper budgets and release schedules. I've always wanted to see this happen after Goldeneye on the N64. Hopefully, next gen, we see tons of these. I think every multiple team first party studio should devote one studio to a licensed title with a good sized budget and a lengthy development period. Focus on quality.
DriftingSpirit
(10-06-2017, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Dr. Kitty Muffins

All the more reason first party studios should be doing licensed games with proper budgets and release schedules.

I think I like it better with third party.
Famassu
(10-06-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by gfxtwin

New Ueda PS4 game? Is that some kind of remotely realistic possibility?
ElBoxyBrown
Banned
(10-06-2017, 02:48 AM)

The Marvel-imposed X-Men/F4 ban, which you can learn more about here. The X-Men part of the ban ended not too long ago.

Still like a 25% chance of that happening.
Memento
(10-06-2017, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Famassu

New Ueda PS4 game? Is that some kind of remotely realistic possibility?

Dont murder his dreams
Usobuko
Banned
(10-06-2017, 02:50 AM)
10m on one platform is kinda crazy.

That's CoD level of sales?
jayu26
(10-06-2017, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Usobuko

More like Uncharted 4 level.
KageMaru
(10-06-2017, 02:55 AM)
The demo looked impressive so they deserve all the attention they're getting.
Memento
(10-06-2017, 02:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Usobuko

Uncharted 4 is probably close to that (if not surpassed already), considering the last numbers we got from it were 8.7 million as of December 21 of 2016.

So it is not unheard of.

Halo also did huge numbers last gen too.
UltraMav
(10-06-2017, 02:58 AM)
God damn Spidey's voice actor is terrible.

Game looks fun, though.
HomerSimpson-Man
(10-06-2017, 03:01 AM)
A big budgeted Spider-man made by Insomniac is like a dream come true. Spider-man is one of the biggest if not the biggest superhero in the world, Sony selling back the merchandising rights to Disney put them on pretty good terms with each other.

Kids love him: