• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Lime
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:07 AM)
Lime's Avatar
Some tech writers being outed in this piece. What a bunch of weasels
Sweeney Tom
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:08 AM)
Jesus, one of the writers for Silicon Valley was in touch with Milo too
necrosis
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:08 AM)
necrosis's Avatar

Originally Posted by hypernima

Reading about the misogynistic comment the Vice editor made, when managing Broadly, a women's column jfc.

They might have not known but a man probably should not have been in that position.

yeah

fucking gross
Lime
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:11 AM)
Lime's Avatar
Peter Thiel wants feudalism back

I wonder how many in Silicon Valley think like him. The tech companies are heading towards such work structures
Ravensmash
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:11 AM)
Ravensmash's Avatar

Originally Posted by cameron

And former Slate guy about to make his exit:

https://twitter.com/AuerbachKeller/s...52258931871744

Why do they always run away?

Have some conviction in your beliefs fellas.
benicillin
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:12 AM)
This is some horrific levels of “you can’t trust anyone.”
excelsiorlef
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:15 AM)
excelsiorlef's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuxfool

Some interesting sections:

Lol what a surprise Auerbach would try to weasel out.
sphagnum
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:16 AM)
sphagnum's Avatar
I just started actually reading it and lol of course that fucker Moldbug is involved.
Bronx-Man
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by BlackDoomShadow

The most disturbing part about this is the various "liberal" people who are secretly shilling for Milo and friends. All of these fuckers need to be named, shamed, and fired.

Originally Posted by Slayven

Shit that is why tech and games media doesn't fight back against bigot, they are in on it to no surprise

Originally Posted by krazen

Wow. Much of this is nuts, particularly towards the end where supposedly 'left' media producers/writers/editors were sending Milo some tips and leads to attack.

And people wonder why many activists/progressives tend to view them with distrust.

Originally Posted by Lime

Some tech writers being outed in this piece. What a bunch of weasels

Originally Posted by Sweeney Tom

Jesus, one of the writers for Silicon Valley was in touch with Milo too

matthewuk
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:19 AM)
Fascinating article,and a great insight in to how breitbart works.
theechrisfox
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:20 AM)
theechrisfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slayven

Shit that is why tech and games media doesn't fight back against bigot, they are in on it to no surprise

Maybe the next Call of Duty entry can pit the player against modern living Nazis since zombies are a little too unbelievable.
IrishNinja
(10-06-2017, 12:21 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuxfool

Some interesting sections:

look at there receipts right here, goddamn I love this
man you can really see dudes like sunderland not straying too far from Vices racist-as-fuck founder

Originally Posted by ElectronicOldMen

Dan Lyons has deleted his twitter, in case you're curious

of course he did

Originally Posted by BlackDoomShadow

The most disturbing part about this is the various "liberal" people who are secretly shilling for Milo and friends. All of these fuckers need to be named, shamed, and fired.

exactly this, give this trash no place to hide

Originally Posted by Lime

They’re gonna do it with Kaep as well. Just like they did with Ali

yupppp

Originally Posted by CopperPuppy

All his surreptitious liberal minions make you wonder what all those people who supposedly don't support Milo but are concerned about the dangers of "deplatforming" really think.

it was always pretty transparent before, now it's just clear as day
GitarooMan
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:21 AM)
GitarooMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

Some tech writers being outed in this piece. What a bunch of weasels

Yeah true colors exposed. A lot of these tech guys really can't tolerate women who dare to speak. A bunch of losers.
Sou Da
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:21 AM)
Sou Da's Avatar
Lmao, Dan Lyons too? Buzzfeed out here collecting scalps.
kirblar
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:22 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sou Da

Lmao, Dan Lyons too? Buzzfeed out here collecting scalps.

If someone wants to keep a running tally of them I can add it to the OP in a quotebox.
clearestblue
Junior Member
(10-06-2017, 12:24 AM)
clearestblue's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuxfool

Some interesting sections:

Ugh Mitchell Sunderland. Of course a dude with seniority on a WOMEN'S CHANNEL is a piece of shit.
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(10-06-2017, 12:24 AM)
Timedog's Avatar

Originally Posted by cameron

And former Slate guy about to make his exit:

https://twitter.com/AuerbachKeller/s...52258931871744

What a scared dork.
Lunaray
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:24 AM)
Lunaray's Avatar

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

I'm shocked. Shocked!

Well actually... not that shocked.

I came in here to post this exact same comment. You must have read my mind.
Goldenroad
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:24 AM)
Goldenroad's Avatar
So nazi's were collaborating with nazi's...is this actually supposed to be some kind of revelation?
jtb
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:25 AM)
jtb's Avatar
steve bannon and milo being virulent nazis? not a surprise.

but silicon valley?? the home of "well actually" "just asking questions" types who spend their days MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE (*for straight white males)???? lol wait that's not a surprise either
kirblar
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:26 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goldenroad

So nazi's were collaborating with nazi's...is this actually supposed to be some kind of revelation?

Yeah, I don't really get the new title (my original condensed one wasn't great either) because we already knew what Milo/BB were.
Lime
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:26 AM)
Lime's Avatar
Milo fans among Twitter's staff:



And I wonder why Twitter constantly verifies fucking neo-nazis
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(10-06-2017, 12:27 AM)


what the fuck


no wonder the targets of GG have all worked with each other instead of hoping tech peeps will do anything, i think they probably had radar for this shit
benicillin
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Lime

Milo fans among Twitter's staff:



And I wonder why Twitter constantly verifies fucking neo-nazis

The inaction we see in Silicon Valley and the media is, like many women and minorities have been saying, entirely intentional. The whole thing is rotten.
clearestblue
Junior Member
(10-06-2017, 12:28 AM)
clearestblue's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

Peter Thiel wants feudalism back

I wonder how many in Silicon Valley think like him. The tech companies are heading towards such work structures

Too many

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/23/t...-scandals.html
Lime
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:30 AM)
Lime's Avatar
Dan Lyons has now closed his Twitter account. Apparently he couldn't handle an inch of the shitstorm that people like Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn have gone and still go through, who he otherwise smeared.
gcubed
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:31 AM)
gcubed's Avatar

Originally Posted by clearestblue

Too many

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/23/t...-scandals.html

What happens when you get immature millionaires? You get boys club libertarians
Wilsongt
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:31 AM)
Wilsongt's Avatar
God damn.

Chances of the legal and internet mafia hammer coming down on Buzzfeed for this?
belinho
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:31 AM)
belinho's Avatar
Why did America demonize Comunism but not Nazism? I guess racism really runs deep
Zaph
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:31 AM)
Zaph's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

Dan Lyons has now closed his Twitter account. Apparently he couldn't handle an inch of the shitstorm that people like Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn have gone and still go through, who he otherwise smeared.

Snowflakes
War Peaceman
You're a big guy.
(10-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
War Peaceman's Avatar
they are always projecting

when they talked about a liberal media conspiracy, this is what they did

these guys are scum. they need to be destroyed no excuses.
Boke1879
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
Boke1879's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff



what the fuck


no wonder the targets of GG have all worked with each other instead of hoping tech peeps will do anything, i think they probably had radar for this shit

Yup. I mean we knew how shit was going down in the tech industry, but at this point with all the inaction you gotta assume some are either in on it or don't mind what's going on.
Alucrid
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
Alucrid's Avatar

The 59-year-old Pinkerton was put off by a cartoon of Pepe the Frog conducting the Trump Train.

“I love art,” he wrote inline. “I think [Breitbart News Network] needs a lot more of it, but I don’t get the above. Frogs? Kermit? Am I missing something here?”

amazing how someone outside the alt right sees their stupid pepe

also steven bannon writes emails like a fucking moron

Dude---we r in a global existentialist war where our enemy EXISTS in social media and u r jerking yourself off w/ marginalia!!!! U should be OWNING this conversation because u r everything they hate!!! Drop your toys, pick up your tools and go help save western civilization.

Dude!!! LMAO! … Epic.

Jeff-DSA
(10-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
Jeff-DSA's Avatar
Disturbing. Disgusting.

There wolves in sheep's clothing at all turns.
pigeon
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Wilsongt

God damn.

Chances of the legal and internet mafia hammer coming down on Buzzfeed for this?

Probably depends how they got access to Milo's email account.
iavi
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:34 AM)
iavi's Avatar
Buzzfeed got the receipts today

Some people really getting outed here.
gfxtwin
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:35 AM)
gfxtwin's Avatar
His official statement? He had bad vision and couldn't see the nazi salutes. Hmmmm...

"Recently I learned that Buzzfeed had acquired a large volume of my private emails. Within them are conversations with friends, colleagues and loved ones going back some years. Buzzfeed reproduces some of these emails in its coverage today. In addition, a video has emerged that shows me singing karaoke in a bar in Texas in 2016. Unbeknownst to me, Richard Spencer fans made racist hand gestures during my rendition of “America The Beautiful.” These same racists took a video of the event and sent it to Buzzfeed this week.

As some of you know, I have severely impaired vision and I did not see these hand gestures happen. Here is the statement I have just sent Buzzfeed:

"I have said in the past that I find humor in breaking taboos and laughing at things that people tell me are forbidden to joke about. Everyone who knows me has seen me make jokes about some awful things. But everyone who knows me also knows I'm not a racist. As someone of Jewish ancestry, I of course condemn racism in the strongest possible terms. I have stopped making jokes on these matters because I do not want any confusion on this subject. I disavow Richard Spencer and his entire sorry band of idiots. I have been and am a steadfast supporter of Jews and Israel. I disavow white nationalism and I disavow racism and I always have.

“I have severe myopia, due to a congenital eye defect, as has been widely reported and as many people know or have seen from my squinting during public speeches. In a dark bar, I did not see these hand gestures. If I'd have realized white nationalist losers were hailing me as their leader, I'd have immediately walked off stage. I stand for, as always, race-blind nationalism. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying my honeymoon with my black husband.”


https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/
Cat Party
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:36 AM)
Cat Party's Avatar
It's not surprising, but it's still so distressing. These people deserve to be utterly destroyed.
Massive Duck, C.M.
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:36 AM)
While reading replies to the Buzzfeed article also found this:

http://www.thestranger.com/news/2017...ist-convention

It’s one of the events the Swedish organization also infiltrated, from another perspective.

White supremacy has learned to wear a costume of respectability that fools many who aren’t very bothered by it in the first place.
cdyhybrid
(10-06-2017, 12:37 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar
This doesn't surprise me at all. A lot of the stuff surrounding gaming and tech is suspect as hell.
theclosetfan
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:37 AM)
theclosetfan's Avatar
God damn, Buzzfeed. Expose all these clowns.

Steven Bannon's emails read like YouTube comments.
WrenchNinja
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:37 AM)
Alt-right is just obfuscating terminology of what they truly are.
Oersted
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:38 AM)
Oersted's Avatar
Nazis have contact with Nazis.

Admittingly, I never doubted that.
PetriP-TNT
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:38 AM)
PetriP-TNT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shake Appeal

Bannon's emails are fucking hilarious textspeak. What a bloviating twerp of a "mastermind."

"LOL"

- Steve Bannon, 2016
Cat Party
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:38 AM)
Cat Party's Avatar

Originally Posted by Massive Duck, C.M.


White supremacy has learned to wear a costume of respectability that fools many who aren’t very bothered by it in the first place.

Exactly.
pigeon
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Massive Duck, C.M.

While reading replies to the Buzzfeed article also found this:

http://www.thestranger.com/news/2017...ist-convention

It’s one of the events the Swedish organization also infiltrated, from another perspective.

White supremacy has learned to wear a costume of respectability that fools many who aren’t very bothered by it in the first place.

All people ever wanted from white supremacists was plausible deniability.
Alucrid
Banned
(10-06-2017, 12:39 AM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by pigeon

Probably depends how they got access to Milo's email account.

who knows

But the men were spying on each other.

In April 2016, Yiannopoulos asked Bokhari for “a complete list of the email, social media, bank accounts, and any other system and services of mine you have been accessing, and how long you’ve had access.” Bokhari confessed to having logged into Yiannopoulos’s email and Slack, and had used Yiannopoulos’s credit card for an Airbnb, a confession Yiannopoulos quickly passed on to Larry Solov, the Breitbart CEO.

Wilsongt
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:39 AM)
Wilsongt's Avatar

Originally Posted by gfxtwin

His official statement? He had bad vision and couldn't see the nazi salutes. Hmmmm...

"Recently I learned that Buzzfeed had acquired a large volume of my private emails. Within them are conversations with friends, colleagues and loved ones going back some years. Buzzfeed reproduces some of these emails in its coverage today. In addition, a video has emerged that shows me singing karaoke in a bar in Texas in 2016. Unbeknownst to me, Richard Spencer fans made racist hand gestures during my rendition of “America The Beautiful.” These same racists took a video of the event and sent it to Buzzfeed this week.

As some of you know, I have severely impaired vision and I did not see these hand gestures happen. Here is the statement I have just sent Buzzfeed:

"I have said in the past that I find humor in breaking taboos and laughing at things that people tell me are forbidden to joke about. Everyone who knows me has seen me make jokes about some awful things. But everyone who knows me also knows I'm not a racist. As someone of Jewish ancestry, I of course condemn racism in the strongest possible terms. I have stopped making jokes on these matters because I do not want any confusion on this subject. I disavow Richard Spencer and his entire sorry band of idiots. I have been and am a steadfast supporter of Jews and Israel. I disavow white nationalism and I disavow racism and I always have.

“I have severe myopia, due to a congenital eye defect, as has been widely reported and as many people know or have seen from my squinting during public speeches. In a dark bar, I did not see these hand gestures. If I'd have realized white nationalist losers were hailing me as their leader, I'd have immediately walked off stage. I stand for, as always, race-blind nationalism. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying my honeymoon with my black husband.”


https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/

That last comment about black husband...

Reminds me of some other outrageous, blonde, right wing hack... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
PixelatedBookake
Junior Member
(10-06-2017, 12:40 AM)
PixelatedBookake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bronx-Man

What if Trump's a skrull? 🤔
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(10-06-2017, 12:41 AM)
Crossing Eden's Avatar

Originally Posted by War Peaceman

they are always projecting

when they talked about a liberal media conspiracy, this is what they did

these guys are scum. they need to be destroyed no excuses.

Jesus christ......


The amount of people saying give him a platform over the years >:(

Thread Tools