• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

ryseing
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:36 AM)

Here in the SEC, America's premier college football conference, everything just means... more.







Getting shut out by one of your rivals at home and ensuring your coach's demise just means more.




Paying a Sun Belt team $1 million to beat you on homecoming just means more.


Letting a team that scored 24 points on Mercer put up 49 on your school just means more.

Originally Posted by AP Poll

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) {Redacted}
5) Georgia
6) Washington
7) Michigan
8) TCU
9) Wisconsin
10) Ohio State
11) Washington State
12) Auburn
13) Miami
14) USC
15) Oklahoma State
16) Virginia Tech
17) Louisville
18) South Florida
19) San Diego State
20) Utah
21) Florida/Notre Dame
23) West Virginia
24) NC State
25) UCF

Week 6 Notable Games (All times in EST and all rankings AP)

Thursday, October 5

#17 Louisville @ #24 NC State, 8 PM

Saturday, October 7

#23 West Virginia @ #8 TCU, 3:30 PM
#13 Miami @ Florida State, 3:30 PM
Michigan State @ #7 Michigan, 7:30 PM
#11 Wazzu @ Oregon, 8 PM

#PAC12AFTERDARK

Stanford @ #20 Utah, 10:15 PM
Cal @ #6 Washington, 10:45 PM

Pick'em Stuff:

Originally Posted by Karl2177

Pick 'em stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Link to current standings(The score column is the one to care about):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This week's games:
DUKE@UVA
MIAMI@FSU
WVU@TCU - bonus points for total score
KSU@TEX
MSU@MICH
MINN@PUR
WSU@ORE
STAN@UTAH
LSU@FLA
ARK@SCAR
BALL@AKR
SDSU@UNLV

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/WrCJZcW0UHiZUbZ32

CFB-GAF's very own podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice. Send questions and comments to podcast@the-cog.com.
andycapps
(10-03-2017, 12:47 AM)
andycapps's Avatar
Continuing from previous thread:

Originally Posted by JHall

Florida will welcome Jacob Eason with open arms.

I know you're kidding but if he did transfer, I'm sure he'd be blocked from transferring to any conference schools or programs on the schedule the next few years.
Kevtones
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:55 AM)
Any news on that USC player laying out the WSU fan after the game?
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(10-03-2017, 12:58 AM)
Lonestar's Avatar


There's a resized avy
ryseing
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Lonestar



There's a resized avy

You're the best.
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:05 AM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar



There's a resized avy

I'm assuming she's a country singer?
bucknuticus
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:05 AM)
bucknuticus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kevtones

Any news on that USC player laying out the WSU fan after the game?

TheCochese
Banned
(10-03-2017, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by andycapps

Continuing from previous thread:



I know you're kidding but if he did transfer, I'm sure he'd be blocked from transferring to any conference schools or programs on the schedule the next few years.

Yup, Kirby isn't as nice as Richt like that.
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:13 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

Continuing from previous thread:



I know you're kidding but if he did transfer, I'm sure he'd be blocked from transferring to any conference schools or programs on the schedule the next few years.

I was about to say the same unless he did UGA-CC-UF

IF he does transfer, he's going to Washington in my opinion.
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(10-03-2017, 01:22 AM)
Lonestar's Avatar

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

I'm assuming she's a country singer?

She's an actress. Know she's been in some things, but the most I remember her, is as the "big bad" of Agent Carter's 2nd season on ABC/Marvel. She went to Auburn and that's her SECSECSEC connection
Rvaan
Banned
(10-03-2017, 01:25 AM)
I, for one, admire the rest of the SEC trying to destroy Bama's SoS.

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

I'm assuming she's a country singer?

Actress.

Edit: Go Pack. Go Heels
andycapps
(10-03-2017, 01:30 AM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

I was about to say the same unless he did UGA-CC-UF

IF he does transfer, he's going to Washington in my opinion.

ND is where his dad went and where was probably second place, but we play them again at home in 2019 so I think they would be blocked. He could find a spot, regardless.
ryseing
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

I'm assuming she's a country singer?

She's an actress named Wynn Everett.
ErnieMcCracken
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:41 AM)
ErnieMcCracken's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryseing

She's an actress named Wynn Everett.

Didn't click the link, I'm an idiot...
ag-my001
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:52 AM)
ag-my001's Avatar
Gig'em, Aggies! BTHO... lol I can't.
Ganhyun
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:53 AM)
Ganhyun's Avatar
Go Dawgs!
Chris R
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:55 AM)
Chris R's Avatar
Cougs gonna lose to the ducks

Cal @ W should be fun tho
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:56 AM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by ag-my001

Gig'em, Aggies! BTHO... lol I can't.

Alabama is so far and away the best team in the SEC, and probably in the country, that I don't think any team losing to Alabama would get that coach fired. However, should a team with a coach on the hotseat upset Alabama, it could take that coach off the hotseat for at least another year.
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:01 AM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryseing

She's an actress named Wynn Everett.



That’s not a member of Alabama’s gymnastics team. That’s Vanessa, an ordinary sophomore majoring in anthropology, up at 4:30 in the morning not because she wants to but because Nick Saban requires every student on campus to be part of the strength and conditioning program. You may be listed as the 1,857th free safety on the depth chart, Vanessa. But you’re on the damn depth chart.

Meh, would have kept reading if the article was non-fiction, but stopped reading here. EDSBS is not the onion
ag-my001
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:11 AM)
ag-my001's Avatar

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007


Meh, would have kept reading if the article was non-fiction, but stopped reading here. EDSBS is not the onion

I love this article. Gotta keep going for the Faulkner/ Ole Miss stuff.

Also, EDSBS is totally the college football Onion.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:25 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by ag-my001

Gig'em, Aggies! BTHO... lol I can't.

I am so sorry.
Zeusy
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:40 AM)
Zeusy's Avatar
GO COUGS!!
cdyhybrid
(10-03-2017, 02:46 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

I was about to say the same unless he did UGA-CC-UF

IF he does transfer, he's going to Washington in my opinion.

I'd be shocked if he came here. We have two big time QB recruits committed for next year's class and Jake is probably coming back next year.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:00 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar
QB management is so weird. I'm curious to see what Tua does if Jalen continues to improve and doesn't let go of the starting job next year, and potentially a 4th year. The Tagovailoa's moved to Alabama and his little brother is playing there. Would he bounce or just stick it out?

Almost hoping they redshirt him next year and let Mac handle mop up duty. It'd be like 2009, when AJ was the true "break in case of emergency" backup but was able to redshirt because we never needed him.
bucknuticus
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:06 AM)
bucknuticus's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

QB management is so weird. I'm curious to see what Tua does if Jalen continues to improve and doesn't let go of the starting job next year, and potentially a 4th year. The Tagovailoa's moved to Alabama and his little brother is playing there. Would he bounce or just stick it out?

Almost hoping they redshirt him next year and let Mac handle mop up duty. It'd be like 2009, when AJ was the true "break in case of emergency" backup but was able to redshirt because we never needed him.

Hopefully he'll be able to grasp the complex English language by year 4, really worry about that dude
cdyhybrid
(10-03-2017, 03:07 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Bama legend Mike Price back in the game
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:08 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

I'd be shocked if he came here. We have two big time QB recruits committed for next year's class and Jake is probably coming back year.

Notre Dame it is haha.
silkysmooth
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:10 AM)
silkysmooth's Avatar
Bryce Love showcase on Pac-12 after dark this Saturday :)
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:14 AM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Bama legend Mike Price back in the game

They should have gone with Don Shula. Or Mike Shula. I forget which one was the good one
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:14 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Bama legend Mike Price back in the game

pls
bucknuticus
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:32 AM)
bucknuticus's Avatar
Mike Price. Bitch.
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:45 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar
Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.
bucknuticus
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:59 AM)
bucknuticus's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.

Bucknuticus on both platforms for me, Me and AndyCapps play a lot of siege/pubg on PC if anyone has a gaming rig
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:16 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by bucknuticus

Bucknuticus on both platforms for me, Me and AndyCapps play a lot of siege/pubg on PC if anyone has a gaming rig

Added you on both. I have siege on Xbox, just not on playstation.

Originally Posted by ryseing

I'm bmc811 on PS4. Been doing Destiny 2 mostly as of late.

Added you as well, I have to finish D2 on PS4.
ryseing
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.

I'm bmc811 on PS4. Been doing Destiny 2 mostly as of late.
Randolph Freelander
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:17 AM)
Randolph Freelander's Avatar
What is a PS4/Xbox One.
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:23 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randolph Freelander

What is a PS4/Xbox One.

A hybrid gone wrong.
Monroeski
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:26 AM)
Monroeski's Avatar
Apparently all over twitter that there is a big group of Baylor players leaving the team. Up to 7 or 8 players, including a few in their 2-deep, though some are gone now and others are supposedly waiting until the end of the season.
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(10-03-2017, 04:26 AM)
Lonestar's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryseing

I'm bmc811 on PS4. Been doing Destiny 2 mostly as of late.

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Added you on both. I have siege on Xbox, just not on playstation.


Added you as well, I have to finish D2 on PS4.

Might as well add you 2, to finish destiny 2
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:31 AM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monroeski

Apparently all over twitter that there is a big group of Baylor players leaving the team. Up to 7 or 8 players, including a few in their 2-deep, though some are gone now and others are supposedly waiting until the end of the season.

I can't applaud those guys. Baylor players and recruits 2 years ago like Stidham left Baylor because they didn't want to be associated with a program that promoted and covered up rape culture. This group of guys rumored to be leaving now just want to leave because their team sucks
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:34 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Might as well add you 2, to finish destiny 2

GatorGang511 (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) on PS4
Monroeski
Member
(10-03-2017, 04:51 AM)
Monroeski's Avatar

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

I can't applaud those guys. Baylor players and recruits 2 years ago like Stidham left Baylor because they didn't want to be associated with a program that promoted and covered up rape culture. This group of guys rumored to be leaving now just want to leave because their team sucks

I think that's a bit of a rosy view of why so many of those guys left. The Briles cult of personality being gone had far more to do with it than any bad feelings about the coverup IMO. Stidham was a Briles guy through and through.

With the way that coaching staff protested the university administration and 100% ignored recruiting in their lame duck season, I have no doubt in my mind at all that they went to at least some of the 2016 recruiting class and told them to go elsewhere. "You don't want to play for this university that is just screwing over the best coach they ever had" type of thing.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-03-2017, 05:15 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.

PS4. XIIIHeartless (Sony, pls, let me change my name)

Anyone feel free to add me. I don't play many multiplayer games (only really Destiny 2 at the moment), but still. I'll add folks from here later.
El_Chino
Member
(10-03-2017, 05:33 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

PS4. XIIIHeartless (Sony, pls, let me change my name)

Anyone feel free to add me. I don't play many multiplayer games (only really Destiny 2 at the moment), but still. I'll add folks from here later.

Added.
Hippopuncher12
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:50 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.

Hippopuncher12 on both. I don’t have an Xbox at the moment but will be getting an X1X on release day.
Rvaan
Banned
(10-03-2017, 02:50 PM)
I'm going to have to decide between the first quarter of LOU v NC State and Inhumans.
andycapps
(10-03-2017, 03:04 PM)
andycapps's Avatar
Andycapps on PS4 and Steam but I don't play my PS4 much these days.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:15 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rvaan

I'm going to have to decide between the first quarter of LOU v NC State and Inhumans.

As one of the biggest MCU fans around, the former is the only correct choice here.
Rvaan
Banned
(10-03-2017, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

As one of the biggest MCU fans around, the former is the only correct choice here.

I know, but I can't look away from the train wreck.
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(10-03-2017, 03:34 PM)
Vanillalite's Avatar
Vanillalite on everything be it social media or gaming on PC, consoles, and handhelds.

Currently playing Switch Nindies and Destiny 2 on PS4 if anyone cares. Oh and I always play Hearthstone.

Thread Tools