• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

dhonk
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by CookedChocobo

Is this one of the better wireless controllers? I'm really looking for recommendations for wireless since where I play is more than 5 feet from my tv.

Feels just fine, dpad is very nice. personally I dont give a hoot about fighting games so I dont care much for the layout, but its fine for those that might like that.

Used it on Wii U + Real SNES via 8bitdo bluetooth to SNES adapter
NeOak
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:06 AM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

bosh
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:07 AM)
bosh's Avatar
No mention of Tom Cruise teeth ?

Besides that nice clean thread OP. Can't wait for the 29th
CookedChocobo
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:07 AM)
CookedChocobo's Avatar

Originally Posted by dhonk

Feels just fine, dpad is very nice. personally I dont give a hoot about fighting games so I dont care much for the layout, but its fine for those that might like that.

Used it on Wii U + Real SNES via 8bitdo bluetooth to SNES adapter

Originally Posted by Toki767

It's Nintendo licensed and Hori makes good products.

So it seems like a safe gamble.

Amazon had them up for pre-order but they sold out.

Ok, thank you!
ZOONAMI
Junior Member
(09-26-2017, 05:08 AM)
ZOONAMI's Avatar
Are there going to be any other wireless controller options? I donít need all the extra buttons.
Dishwalla
Banned
(09-26-2017, 05:10 AM)
Hope Amazon ships within the next couple days.
Mister Saturn
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:11 AM)
Mister Saturn's Avatar

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

  • The US SNES Mini Classic version is the inferior version.

I'll not stand for this libelous assertion.
Persona7
Banned
(09-26-2017, 05:11 AM)
Does this output 720p like the NES classic?
Bringer Of Bacon
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:15 AM)
Bringer Of Bacon's Avatar
Hype!!

OT should have mentioned the shit show
SOLDIER
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:15 AM)
SOLDIER's Avatar

Originally Posted by CookedChocobo

Is this one of the better wireless controllers? I'm really looking for recommendations for wireless since where I play is more than 5 feet from my tv.

How does it compare to the 8bitdo controllers?

Might wait for this one to come out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

In the meantime, how long are the controller cables?
fritzo
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:15 AM)
fritzo's Avatar
anyone buy any extension cables from Amazon? recommendations?
partime
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:16 AM)
partime's Avatar
PROCESSING to PREPARING from BB.

So excited!!
Mr_Kuschels
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:16 AM)
Mr_Kuschels's Avatar

Originally Posted by SOLDIER

How does it compare to the 8bitdo controllers?

Might wait for this one to come out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

In the meantime, how long are the controller cables?

This oneís for the switch and not Snes.
Naked Snake
(09-26-2017, 05:20 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar
Can't wait for the Digital Foundry review!!

John/dark10x highlighted the issues with the emulation in the NES Classic very well. I wonder if any of them are still there with the SNES and what other quirks there might be.
Toki767
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:33 AM)
Toki767's Avatar
In case people haven't seen: NES Classic, SNES Classic, and original SNES controller cable lengths.

The Hermit
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:37 AM)
The Hermit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

oh, this is going to have so much mileage
Grimm Fandango
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:42 AM)
Grimm Fandango's Avatar
Amazon US folks, good deal on an two extension cables if you don't mind waiting.

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

STI
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:45 AM)
STI's Avatar
picking up mine in 4 days!!
GifGafIsTheBestGaf
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:53 AM)
GifGafIsTheBestGaf's Avatar
i fucked up not ordering my two hori controllers right away but i didnt wanna commit just to get screwed in a twisted joke of fate in the event my two snes orders get cancelled lol
ubiblu
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:53 AM)
ubiblu's Avatar
Great OT. US SNES is an abomination. Can't wait to collect my vastly superior PAL one Saturday morning.
Darknight
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:55 AM)
Darknight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boke1879

My Walmart is doing a midnight release. I have one on preorder, but I want to try my luck.

How do you know if a walmart does this? And does this mean at 12am, they can start selling the SNES classics to public? Id love to go to one of these.
Xaero Gravity
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:58 AM)
Xaero Gravity's Avatar

Originally Posted by ubiblu

Great OT. US SNES is an abomination. Can't wait to collect my vastly superior PAL one Saturday morning.

I hope yours is bricked out of the box and you can't find another without paying scalper prices 😘
Harbinger of War
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:00 AM)
Harbinger of War's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grimm Fandango

Amazon US folks, found a 10-foot controller extension cable for $1.68 shipped. Bummer is that it won't arrive until Oct. 17 at the earliest.

Cheap enough that I went in for one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCT2M5V/

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.
soldat7
(09-26-2017, 06:13 AM)
soldat7's Avatar

Originally Posted by ubiblu

Great OT. US SNES is an abomination.

Does yours change colors? Didnít think so.
SOLDIER
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:15 AM)
SOLDIER's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

Says itís for the NES Mini. Does it work with the SNES Classic controllers too?
Grimm Fandango
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:16 AM)
Grimm Fandango's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

lol what the hell. Sold.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER

Says it’s for the NES Mini. Does it work with the SNES Classic controllers too?

Yes.
Bringer Of Bacon
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:22 AM)
Bringer Of Bacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

Just bought, thanks!
BTA
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:22 AM)
BTA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

Awesome, bought just to have around.
Speedwagon
Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
(09-26-2017, 06:23 AM)
Speedwagon's Avatar
I want the US SNES Mini so bad :( Only have a UK pre-order
mamoniadas
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:25 AM)
mamoniadas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

thanks for posting this, i got some on ebay for the Nes classic. it's very shitty that a cable thats been around since wii days is being repackaged at inflated rates for nes & now the snes.
watershed
Banned
(09-26-2017, 06:26 AM)
watershed's Avatar
I didn't realize this was releasing so soon. I haven't gotten any confirmation from Amazon after they pared down my order of 3 to 1.
RRockman
Banned
(09-26-2017, 06:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

In case people haven't seen: NES Classic, SNES Classic, and original SNES controller cable lengths.

That is a nice hard wood floor.


Is that your floor? It's good.


I wish they could have kept the snes original length but these are longer than I thought honestly.
Boke1879
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:32 AM)
Boke1879's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darknight

How do you know if a walmart does this? And does this mean at 12am, they can start selling the SNES classics to public? Id love to go to one of these.

Best bet is to call them. That's what I did today. Mine said they are doing a midnight release and that it's first come first serve.
Erv
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:34 AM)
Erv's Avatar
I still have this ordered through Amazon uk. Does anyone know if they'll actually ship it to the US?
Thanks for answering though 🙂
Naked Snake
(09-26-2017, 06:37 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Erv

I still have this ordered through Amazon uk. Does anyone know if they'll actually ship it to the US?

They will.

I am tired of answering this question.
CloudStrife_ca
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:38 AM)
CloudStrife_ca's Avatar

Originally Posted by Erv

I still have this ordered through Amazon uk. Does anyone know if they'll actually ship it to the US?

Yup, should work out although you may need to pay additional customs fees.
Mysterious
Banned
(09-26-2017, 06:39 AM)

You will need to include your own AC adapter to power it.

Wat?

Even in the United States?
Shig
Strap on your hooker ...
(09-26-2017, 06:40 AM)
Shig's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darknight

How do you know if a walmart does this? And does this mean at 12am, they can start selling the SNES classics to public? Id love to go to one of these.

Technically all Walmarts that are open at midnight can sell whatever releases at midnight, but good luck finding someone around electronics to go back for it. And if you do get someone, it's almost certainly going to be a night stocker/manager who doesn't actually know about the release and doesn't know where anything in the electronics backroom is.
Arc07
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:40 AM)
Arc07's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mysterious

Wat?

Even in the United States?

No. We get an included AC adapter.
WhiteRabbitEXE
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:40 AM)
WhiteRabbitEXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by SOLDIER

Says itís for the NES Mini. Does it work with the SNES Classic controllers too?

It will work for any controller/device that uses the Wii Remote ext. port. So yes. SNES, NES, Wii Classic/Classic Pro, etc..
Naked Snake
(09-26-2017, 06:42 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by CloudStrife_ca

Yup, should work out although you may need to pay additional customs fees.

Nope. Not if AmazonGlobal is used as the shipping method.

Besides I think the shipment value after which the USA might charge import tax is much higher than the price of this device.
NeOak
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:42 AM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by ubiblu

Great OT. US SNES is an abomination. Can't wait to collect my vastly superior PAL one Saturday morning.

This is what the thread will be about all the time.

Thanks OP.
reelbigtink
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:44 AM)
reelbigtink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harbinger of War

If you choose the two-pack of 9.5-foot cables from the same seller, it's only $1 shipped. Go figure.

Oops, if I'd just scrolled down a few posts I would've saved a few bucks. Good find for other folks.
Naked Snake
(09-26-2017, 06:45 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by reelbigtink

Oops, if I'd just scrolled down a few posts I would've saved a few bucks. Good find for other folks.

You can cancel and reorder.
Brunire
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:46 AM)
Brunire's Avatar
Is it possible that RDS is not making a case for this? Am sad :(
CloudStrife_ca
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:48 AM)
CloudStrife_ca's Avatar

Originally Posted by Naked Snake

Nope. Not if AmazonGlobal is used as the shipping method.

Besides I think the shipment value after which the USA might charge import tax is much higher than the price of this device.

Maybe its different in Canada then, the friend I was referred by for the preorders for the SNES classic has stuff shipped from amazon.uk to her place without problems before (also in Canada)
STI
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:53 AM)
STI's Avatar

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

The US SNES Mini Classic version is the inferior version

Why?
Shig
Strap on your hooker ...
(09-26-2017, 06:56 AM)
Shig's Avatar
If you're looking for a good wireless solution and have/are interested in the 8bitdo SNES/SFC30 controllers (or have wireless controllers for modern systems you'd be willing to use), their NES Classic retro reciever should also work with this.
Naked Snake
(09-26-2017, 06:59 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by CloudStrife_ca

Maybe its different in Canada then, the friend I was referred by for the preorders for the SNES classic has stuff shipped from amazon.uk to her place without problems before (also in Canada)

My post was regarding the customs fees, not if they will ship to USA. I even used bold to make that clear.
Sutton Dagger
Member
(09-26-2017, 07:00 AM)
Sutton Dagger's Avatar
Wait.... I need to buy an AC adapter for the PAL version? Where from and how much (I'm in Aus).

Thread Tools