• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:34 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

I agree. I should roleclaim and we can discuss.

I'm mister Meeseeks, look at me! No I think that'd be a bad idea RN.

Panda, explain your Kawl vote in full detail if you may
Kalor
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:34 PM)
Kalor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

I agree. I should roleclaim and we can discuss.

We should all roleclaim. May as well set our cards on the table.
Zippedpinhead
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:37 PM)
Zippedpinhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

I haven't played one of these in a while so I feel really out of my league trying to read anyone right now. Like I can't tell if any behavior is unusual or not.

Or maybe that will be a benefit because I won't have the same biases.

No worries, remember itís day 1. Most of today is this, because we donít have much to go on until the final 5 minutes of the day.

Nomadic Sparks
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:40 PM)
Nomadic Sparks's Avatar
I'am Mushroom MANZ!

THEREFORES TOWNIE AF
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:40 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar
We can have plenty of stuff to go on in D1, but it won't come out of thin air ._.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(09-22-2017, 08:41 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ty4on

We can have plenty of stuff to go on in D1, but it won't come out of thin air ._.

go on
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:43 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

go on

You go on

I'm going to sleep pretty soon BTW. Have to catch in a bit from last week.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(09-22-2017, 08:44 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ty4on

You go on

I'm going to sleep pretty soon BTW. Have to catch in a bit from last week.

I'm an Ordinary Parasite

apologies to Crab for doing this but apparently these fools need data
Giant Panda
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:45 PM)
Giant Panda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ty4on

There's nothing to read -_-

This start has been really slow

You were trying to read people from what I recall. I couldn't tell if you were being serious or just spit-balling .

Originally Posted by Ty4on

I'm mister Meeseeks, look at me! No I think that'd be a bad idea RN.

Panda, explain your Kawl vote in full detail if you may

The full detail is that it was random.
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:46 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

I'm an Ordinary Parasite

apologies to Crab for doing this but apparently these fools need data

Me? I don't need a fucking role claim. Can't read shit from an ordinary claim, real or joke.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(09-22-2017, 08:47 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ty4on

Me? I don't need a fucking role claim. Can't read shit from an ordinary claim, real or joke.

I know
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:51 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

You were trying to read people from what I recall. I couldn't tell if you were being serious or just spit-balling .



The full detail is that it was random.

No, I was serious. I start min 0 reading people (min 21 ish here because I forgot the street). Obviously they're not strong, but I try to follow them none the less.

If I'm being sarcastic without any markings I'll usually say something obviously wrong.
Sorian
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:53 PM)
Sorian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Faddy

Jeez I'll get the Sorian train started then

VOTE: Sorian

Ok.

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

I haven't played one of these in a while so I feel really out of my league trying to read anyone right now. Like I can't tell if any behavior is unusual or not.

Or maybe that will be a benefit because I won't have the same biases.

As said, not really much to read yet. Momentum is slightly moving now.

-----

Why is there a role claim on page 5?
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:56 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar
But we can win this. I wanna win this.

D1 is the only time you'll have all of town talking. This is also when a pretty sizable majority of the game is town so opinions thrown around are more likely to come from town.

Yadda yadda all scum too, but most of the time their best bet at this time is to kinda stay out of it and just try to lean town away from voting their mates.
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:58 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sorian

Why is there a role claim on page 5?

...

Are you just trying to be scummy now?
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(09-22-2017, 09:01 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sorian

Why is there a role claim on page 5?

get 'em started young. I actually did it on page 3.
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:11 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar
I don't wanna let CCS go without saying anything, but I also really wanna vote Kawl...

VOTE: Kawl

Don't really like thirsty comment
Dr. Worm
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:17 PM)
Dr. Worm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

I'am Mushroom MANZ!

THEREFORES TOWNIE AF

Oh, I think I have you in my deck.
Sorian
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:25 PM)
Sorian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ty4on

I don't wanna let CCS go without saying anything, but I also really wanna vote Kawl...

VOTE: Kawl

Don't really like thirsty comment

You know better than this, that's not a valid vote.
Kawl_USC
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:51 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
I'm Mister Meeseeks, Look at me!

Yea I'm also gonna say starting a game on Thursday evening is like the second worst possible time to start a game right next to Friday morning.

I'm doing date shit tonight and softball tournament tomorrow, bulk of my mafia playing is done at work of which there's scant little this day phase.

Ty seems to at least be playing the game and trying to solve but I'll also admit to not reading enough of his games to know how that fits in his meta. I at least like his effort.

I'll go on record and say unless something glaring comes out today I'll be voting out someone who is bullshitting there way to the 10 post requirements and not putting in effort. If all I'm going to here when bitching about low volume posters cruising through the game afterwards is "town has the tools" blah blah I fully intend to use it until people pick their shit up around here.
Kawl_USC
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:56 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

Sorian masquerading as a true Rick and Morty Fan, much like scum masquerades as town? Interesting.

However, there are more pressing matters.
VOTE: Kawl_USC

More pressing matters being a random vote?
Giant Panda
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:04 PM)
Giant Panda's Avatar
Getting 10 posts is hard for me during the beginning of the game. Thankfully I've been making my way to 10 posts by complaining that there's so little to analyze lol

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

More pressing matters being a random vote?

I was joking about Sorian messing up the episode's premise.
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:10 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sorian

You know better than this, that's not a valid vote.

I don't actually

VOTE: Kawl_USC

I kinda got what I wanted tho. A compliment

This name has popped up without making any impression so...

VOTE: Dr. Worm

It just reads as throwaway filler. Making a post for the sake of it.
Kawl_USC
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:10 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

Getting 10 posts is hard for me during the beginning of the game. Thankfully I've been making my way to 10 posts by complaining that there's so little to analyze lol



I was joking about Sorian messing up the episode's premise.

a) try a little harder then. 10 posts is not the impossible tasks that some people apparently think it is.

b) that wasn't the part of the post I was inquiring about. You said that there were more pressing matters to get to, and voted for me. But apparently that was just a random vote, so why exactly was that a pressing issue?
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:13 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar
Ohh, a fight. I'd bring popcorn if I wasn't trying to sleep RN -_-
Sorian
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:14 PM)
Sorian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

a) try a little harder then. 10 posts is not the impossible tasks that some people apparently think it is.

b) that wasn't the part of the post I was inquiring about. You said that there were more pressing matters to get to, and voted for me. But apparently that was just a random vote, so why exactly was that a pressing issue?

That deep dive over a joke (though the choice of vote past garbage phase could be interesting).
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:14 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar
Kawl is up too. I like fights and liked that post.
Ty4on
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:17 PM)
Ty4on's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sorian

That deep dive over a joke (though the choice of vote past garbage phase could be interesting).

Jokes don't exist in a vacuum. I don't think it's impossible to analyze it this early and delaying it till later is a great way of forgetting about it.
Giant Panda
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:20 PM)
Giant Panda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

a) try a little harder then. 10 posts is not the impossible tasks that some people apparently think it is.

b) that wasn't the part of the post I was inquiring about. You said that there were more pressing matters to get to, and voted for me. But apparently that was just a random vote, so why exactly was that a pressing issue?

It's nearly impossible to get 10 posts of substance on day 1, it basically requires someone messing up in a major way or a real role claim. Trying harder has nothing to do with it, unless you want me to shitpost more.

To your second point, I was pointing out that that more pressing than nothing is still nothing. It was a throw away line. You seem to be getting really defensive about it now that you're at 2 votes though...
Kawl_USC
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:27 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

It's nearly impossible to get 10 posts of substance on day 1, it basically requires someone messing up in a major way or a real role claim. Trying harder has nothing to do with it, unless you want me to shitpost more.

To your second point, I was pointing out that that more pressing than nothing is still nothing. It was a throw away line. You seem to be getting really defensive about it now that you're at 2 votes though...

The only way it may seem impossible to get 10 posts of substance day 1 is if you only post re actively, which to be fair describes like 80% of our community. Get out there push people, ask questions, demand answers. Show some back bone.

If that was your attempt with those two posts, I would say that the message did not land clearly. I think there was a reasonable cause for voting me at that juncture with me doing a dumb little shit posts and response. I think town who votes me for that reason is vocal about it when asked, and doesn't try to deflect it with "oh random vote lol" when pressed when I actually start posting more content.

You seem awfully defensive pushing the me being defensive narrative...you don't even have any votes yet!
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:31 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
I'm going to "live blog" Rick and Morty Season 2 Episode 4 since there seems to be little happening.

Pressing play now
Kawl_USC
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:33 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
Vote: Faddy
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:33 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Uncle Steve is a garbage character. Lol Paris.

Rick jut blew his brains out lol. Ooh parasites.... and a thread title call out
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:34 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Posting from the toilet jokes. It me!

Mr Poopybutthole, what?
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:36 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Comedy flashbacks, what is this Family Guy?

Cousin Nicky? Another parasite?

Only 6 of us, does this mean the game has 6 scum?

And parasite.
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:37 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Nazis, lame.

This is getting pretty repetitive.

OMG Jerry sucks
Giant Panda
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:38 PM)
Giant Panda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

The only way it may seem impossible to get 10 posts of substance day 1 is if you only post re actively, which to be fair describes like 80% of our community. Get out there push people, ask questions, demand answers. Show some back bone.

If that was your attempt with those two posts, I would say that the message did not land clearly. I think there was a reasonable cause for voting me at that juncture with me doing a dumb little shit posts and response. I think town who votes me for that reason is vocal about it when asked, and doesn't try to deflect it with "oh random vote lol" when pressed when I actually start posting more content.

Eh, most of the time I don't see much value being generated on day 1 pushing people, especially when there are no vote front-runners. Once it gets into thunderdome territory between 2 vote leaders, then it is helpful to get everyone on record.

I don't see how voting you for shit posting would make a ton of sense, as everyone was shit posting at the beginning. The question would then be why I chose to vote you out of all the shit posters. I dunno, did you shit post the most or something? I wasn't keeping track. It's hard to complain about shit posts when they're humorous too.
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:40 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Shoot first, ask questions later. I like Rick's style.
Zippedpinhead
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:41 PM)
Zippedpinhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giant Panda

Getting 10 posts is hard for me during the beginning of the game. Thankfully I've been making my way to 10 posts by complaining that there's so little to analyze lol
I was joking about Sorian messing up the episode's premise.

The solution is gifs! Rick and morty supplya ton of them!

Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(09-22-2017, 10:41 PM)
Bronx-Man's Avatar
This shit sux, I want Bojack Horseman Mafia
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:42 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
I can't keep up with all these zany characters.

Limited edition Zelda 3DS deals, did nintendo pay for this reference
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:44 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Yacht Boys!

Oh no Frankenstein's monster has the gun
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(09-22-2017, 10:45 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bronx-Man

This shit sux, I want Bojack Horseman Mafia

...
>_>
<_<
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:46 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Oh no. Everyone is suspicious and turning on each other.

Rick about to get lynched
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:48 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Non parasites can only make pleasant memories. Did someone make this joke earlier in the thread?

Mrs Refrigerator about to get got.

Morty got kicked in the balls, fantastic comedy
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:52 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
OMG Mr Poopybutthole wasn't a parasite
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:53 PM)
Faddy's Avatar
Overall I give this episode a B+ funny moments but conclusion seemed rushed
Faddy
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:58 PM)
Faddy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

Vote: Faddy

Voting for me while I'm watching cartoons, that is cold bro.

Also the flavour makes a lot more sense now I watched the episode.

So Rick, Morty and family are scum and parasites are the good guys. OK.
*Splinter
Member
(09-22-2017, 10:59 PM)
*Splinter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Faddy

Voting for me while I'm watching cartoons, that is cold bro.

Also the flavour makes a lot more sense now I watched the episode.

So Rick, Morty and family are scum and parasites are the good guys. OK.

How's that for solving
Giant Panda
Member
(09-22-2017, 11:02 PM)
Giant Panda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zippedpinhead

The solution is gifs! Rick and morty supplya ton of them!



Rick and Morty gifs are an endless fountain of youth.

Thread Tools