• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Elfstruck
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:14 AM)
Elfstruck's Avatar
So I want to add another line for IP8, I should choose the ''buy a new Iphone on an existing wireless account on the App store right''? Because I want to keep my upgrade for the X one.
Jzero
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:14 AM)
Jzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frostinferno

You're a month and a half early.

lmao
Juice
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:15 AM)
Juice's Avatar
Looks like a lot of 8's are slipping aside from the SIM-free models which are holding. I guess most people buy on plans.

Man, that makes me really wish iPhone X was launching with a SIM-free SKU. That'd really increase my odds.
SlickShoesRUCrazy
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:15 AM)
SlickShoesRUCrazy's Avatar
Got the 8+ arriving next Friday. Time for sleeps.
lbcyalater
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:16 AM)
lbcyalater's Avatar
anyone having any luck with verizon? should i just wait or keep hitting refresh?
NYR
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:16 AM)
NYR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zeyphersan

Fuck. The Edition has already slipped to early October and I can’t get an order in until tomorrow morning.

Who the fuck is crazy enough to buy a ceramic watch?? Aside from me of course

Must be location specific, Canada is still showing Sep 22 for both white and grey ceramic.
Daffy Duck
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:18 AM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar
So O2 have uplifted base tariffs too, so no more £43 per month, now it's £47 for the exact same plan and £190 up front for a 64Gb 8.

Fuck off.
StoopKid
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:18 AM)
StoopKid's Avatar
This is too easy.

Looks like the x is gonna be a shitshow with everybody waiting for it.
krackerjack
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:19 AM)
krackerjack's Avatar

Originally Posted by StoopKid

This is too easy.

Looks like the x is gonna be a shitshow with everybody waiting for it.

Or they delayed it to October to give themselves time to crank out those OLEDs and have ample stock!
Thezez
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:19 AM)
Thezez's Avatar
Apple TV 4K ordered. Now the wait begins for iPhone X
StoopKid
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:19 AM)
StoopKid's Avatar

Originally Posted by krackerjack

Or they delayed it to October to give themselves time to crank out those OLEDs and have ample stock!

Let's hope.
NYR
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:20 AM)
NYR's Avatar
Yep, this is the smoothest iPhone launch in history, tons of stock, still showing release day availability in Canada for all models. Have to pickup in store though.
crmetteer
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)
crmetteer's Avatar
Is it just me, or is Best Buy charging an extra $100 for the phone if you buy it outright?
killroy87
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)
killroy87's Avatar
Got a gold 64gb 8 for release day. Super painless. I assume that will probably be the least popular variation though.
TurtleSnatcher
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Zeyphersan

Fuck. The Edition has already slipped to early October and I canít get an order in until tomorrow morning.

Who the fuck is crazy enough to buy a ceramic watch?? Aside from me of course

Probably started that way. The high priced ones always start at later dates in the past.


Got my Space Grey Watch 42mm with LTE. Verizon offering first 3 months for free
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)
Mrbob's Avatar

Originally Posted by krackerjack

Or they delayed it to October to give themselves time to crank out those OLEDs and have ample stock!

I was watching CNBC the other day and they were speculating Apple can only make 10k a day for iPhone X. Now 300k a month sounds like a lot but not if 1 million plus people are waiting for it.
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)
mrklaw's Avatar

Originally Posted by Daffy Duck

So O2 have uplifted base tariffs too, so no more £43 per month, now it's £47 for the exact same plan and £190 up front for a 64Gb 8.

Fuck off.

Well the phone is £100more than the 7 was. 24x£4 = £96. Itís actually a saving!
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar
8 having such a smooth launch means X will be a shitshow.
Juice
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:23 AM)
Juice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarmel

8 having such a smooth launch means X will be a shitshow.

Yep. Can't believe I'm buying a phone today out of hope I only use it for a month (and fear that I'll use it for 6 months)
NetMapel
Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
(09-15-2017, 08:23 AM)
NetMapel's Avatar
I have a feeling that X will be where things are gonna go crazy. Strange though because I kind of thought 8 would be more popular.
btrboyev
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:24 AM)
btrboyev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Juice

Yep. Can't believe I'm buying a phone today out of hope I only use it for a month (and fear that I'll use it for 6 months)

Why? You are buying an 8 just in hopes of selling it for an X in a month? That's absolutely stupid.
krackerjack
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:24 AM)
krackerjack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mrbob

I was watching CNBC the other day and they were speculating Apple can only make 10k a day for iPhone X. Now 300k a month sounds like a lot but not if 1 million plus people are waiting for it.

That would bring in a billion dollars if you do the math. 1 million people paying $1000 in 10-15 minutes. Sheww
Matticers
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:25 AM)
Matticers's Avatar
Wanted to order an Apple Watch through AT&T's site. Got nothing but errors for 10 minutes, then finally added one to my cart, had to change something and... it's sold out. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother.

I guess this will be one of those things where they're sold out until late October or some nonsense too.
Zaraki_Kenpachi
Banned
(09-15-2017, 08:26 AM)
Zaraki_Kenpachi's Avatar

Originally Posted by crmetteer

Is it just me, or is Best Buy charging an extra $100 for the phone if you buy it outright?

They did the same thing with the 7, I'm not sure why
LoveAndBeer
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:26 AM)
LoveAndBeer's Avatar
First time ordering upgrades for my family and I screwed up a bit, one phone is store pick-up, the other is shipped. Going to chat with support first thing in the AM to see if I can get lucky and pick both up at the same time.

Still, wasn't too bad, even with a delay and a bit of a panic looking up my carrier pin for the order. From reading sounds like the ease of order might be due to slightly less demand.

Betting my personal X order in a month might not be so easy.
Last edited by LoveAndBeer; 09-15-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Daffy Duck
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:28 AM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar

Originally Posted by mrklaw

Well the phone is £100more than the 7 was. 24x£4 = £96. Itís actually a saving!

That's not the correct way of doing it though, thats the base tariff, plus the £190 up front so I don't think there is a saving.

I guess from now on I'll just upgrade a generation behind, so I'll get a 128Gb 7 I think.
TurtleSnatcher
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Matticers

Wanted to order an Apple Watch through AT&T's site. Got nothing but errors for 10 minutes, then finally added one to my cart, had to change something and... it's sold out. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother.

I guess this will be one of those things where they're sold out until late October or some nonsense too.

Why not use Apple to order it? Get it on launch still for pretty much all of them.
Matticers
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:30 AM)
Matticers's Avatar

Originally Posted by TurtleSnatcher

Why not use Apple to order it? Get it on launch still for pretty much all of them.

I wanted to just have the payments added to my monthly AT&T bill since it's just more convenient. And I liked the 3 free months they were doing for it too. It's only a $30 savings but still.
Warnen
morphix's brother
(09-15-2017, 08:30 AM)
Warnen's Avatar
4 Apple TV 4k HDR get! Time to upgrade the house.
TurtleSnatcher
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Matticers

I wanted to just have the payments added to my monthly AT&T bill since it's just more convenient. And I liked the 3 free months they were doing for it too. It's only a $30 savings but still.

The 3 free months is done for any new Watch on LTE no matter where you buy. You just call them to activate.
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)
mrklaw's Avatar

Originally Posted by btrboyev

Why? You are buying an 8 just in hopes of selling it for an X in a month? That's absolutely stupid.

Depends how much you think youíll lose by selling, and how long you think itíll take to get an X

If 8 starts to hit longer delivery times, you might be able to sell at cost price in a month.
giga
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)
giga's Avatar
T-Mobile still requires you to go in store to enroll in the upgrade program. Lame. But I'm in no rush so don't really care about getting the phone in a few weeks.

Last edited by giga; 09-15-2017 at 08:34 AM.
VoxPop
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)
VoxPop's Avatar
Picked myself up an Apple TV. All the iPhones seem readily available. X is gonna be a nightmare D:
Jwebster24
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:32 AM)
Jwebster24's Avatar

Originally Posted by NetMapel

I have a feeling that X will be where things are gonna go crazy. Strange though because I kind of thought 8 would be more popular.

A lot of people want the latest and greatest, if your coming from a 6s or 7 the X looks like a much bigger upgrade compared to the 8.

Even with the price I can kind of understand why a lot of people will wait for the X.
mid83
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:33 AM)
I was going to get an 8+ just for the hell of it but slept on it and decided to wait for the X. Iím pretty happy with my 7+ still.

Reading this thread makes me feel like there is no way in hell im getting an X prior to Christmas. Unless I get a quick ship date Iím going to just let my IUP run the full 24 months and sell my 7+ next fall when the new phones come out.
Chittagong
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:33 AM)
Chittagong's Avatar
Only thing I ordered was Apple TV 4K. Cellular Watch is not supported by Vodafone, and I want to wait for X.

I wonder how joining IUP with X works? Do I preorder online for store pickup, and when picking up, request for the program?
Quonny
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:34 AM)
Quonny's Avatar
Wife's on a 6 and I'm on a 5.

8 and 8+ respectively ordered. Excited.
Onaco
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:35 AM)
Onaco's Avatar
I'm curious if the 8 could sell out at all. Nobody seems to care. Would it be even worth buying to flip?
Zeyphersan
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:36 AM)
Zeyphersan's Avatar

Originally Posted by mrklaw

Depends how much you think youíll lose by selling, and how long you think itíll take to get an X

If 8 starts to hit longer delivery times, you might be able to sell at cost price in a month.

Hm...... thatís not a bad idea at all....
j-wood
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:39 AM)
j-wood's Avatar
I'm super pissed. Apparently on Verizon I have 30 dollars left on my device payment plan. I have to go into an Apple Store to do this pre order because of that. Fucking pissed.
Zeyphersan
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:43 AM)
Zeyphersan's Avatar

Originally Posted by j-wood

I'm super pissed. Apparently on Verizon I have 30 dollars left on my device payment plan. I have to go into an Apple Store to do this pre order because of that. Fucking pissed.

They should let you pay it over the phone. I know theyíre not open now, but just call and be like ďI want to pay off my phoneĒ and they should do it no hassle
MThanded
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-15-2017, 08:50 AM)
MThanded's Avatar

Originally Posted by giga

T-Mobile still requires you to go in store to enroll in the upgrade program. Lame. But I'm in no rush so don't really care about getting the phone in a few weeks.

Only to enroll. I was able to upgrade without going to the store which is a first.

Originally Posted by mrklaw

Depends how much you think you’ll lose by selling, and how long you think it’ll take to get an X

If 8 starts to hit longer delivery times, you might be able to sell at cost price in a month.

I think the 8 will be hanging around. This is bad a bad sign for the X.

With iup taking almost no time through the app I hope i can beat the mad rush. So glad they added the preapproval and online ordering step.
Last edited by MThanded; 09-15-2017 at 08:53 AM.
jayvo
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:51 AM)
jayvo's Avatar
This has been the smoothest iPhone ordering experience I've ever seen. The fact that there are still 8 and 8 plus models available with 9.22 delivery dates is unheard of. This means either ample stock or EVERYONE is waiting for the X. Which in turns means that the X pre-order will be the typical shitshow that I usually experience when pre-ordering every year
mrklaw
MrArseFace
(09-15-2017, 08:56 AM)
mrklaw's Avatar

Originally Posted by jayvo

This has been the smoothest iPhone ordering experience I've ever seen. The fact that there are still 8 and 8 plus models available with 9.22 delivery dates is unheard of. This means either ample stock or EVERYONE is waiting for the X. Which in turns means that the X pre-order will be the typical shitshow that I usually experience when pre-ordering every year

It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - theyíre great phones and the 8 isnít a huge step forward. So theyíll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.
Chucker
Member
(09-15-2017, 08:57 AM)
Chucker's Avatar
Got a Space Gray 8 no problem through AT&T which means I probably should have stayed asleep, not worried about sleeping through my alarm I set at 2:55 eastern and just ordered it when I woke up.

Oh well.
Jill Sandwich
the turds of Optimus Prime
(09-15-2017, 09:01 AM)
Jill Sandwich's Avatar
Lol, all models of the regular 8 bar 256gb Grey still deliver on launch day, an hour after pre-orders opened. Literally no one gives a shit.
MThanded
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-15-2017, 09:02 AM)
MThanded's Avatar

Originally Posted by mrklaw

It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - they’re great phones and the 8 isn’t a huge step forward. So they’ll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.

They are going to cannibalize their own sales here. If iphone x stock is super limited and people pass on the 8... yeesh.
Pein
Member
(09-15-2017, 09:03 AM)
Pein's Avatar
Im taking my chances of me walking in and grabbing a 8+ 256gb on launch day.

I have no clue if demand is gonna be crazy but I'm more or less on the side I'm not in the need of a phone and if they have it I'll get it.

Nobody seems to give a shit about the 8 because of the x but man I hate the x and I'll take the same old before I switch to that notch ridden mess.
Last edited by Pein; 09-15-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(09-15-2017, 09:04 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar
I wish they would just open preorders for the X. That way everybody knows where they stand.
Daffy Duck
Member
(09-15-2017, 09:05 AM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar

Originally Posted by mrklaw

It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - they’re great phones and the 8 isn’t a huge step forward. So they’ll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.

I think this is the thinking here!

Only problem for me is a 3 week wait for the space grey iphone 8 if I decide to get one, whereas every other colour is release date.

With O2 as well I see why the price is so crap, on the 256Gb one they don't offer the £43 tariff, yet they do with the 64Gb one, sneaky fuckers.
Last edited by Daffy Duck; 09-15-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Tools