• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Salamando
(09-08-2017, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by The_Joker1721

Never understood what the big deal over men crying is. Dad was one of those macho Mexican men and he would tell me about how to carry myself like a man but he always said everyone needs to let it out and that it shouldn't be a big deal if a friend cries in front of me.

But I've definitely seen women rag on their boyfriends or their guy friends over crying. Shit is lame as fuck.

The truly horrifying thing is that the stigma likely caused numerous illnesses and addictions. Can't use the body's natural release valve for pain, better numb it with alcohol. And I can't express my issues completely so I'll bottle them up until they become depression.

If a girl gives me shit for crying during the beginning of Up, she's a monster and J don't want to date her anyway.
Messofanego
(09-08-2017, 09:56 AM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Ugh

Back to the dating world we go

Yay?
Subpar Scrub
(09-08-2017, 10:39 AM)
Hey Gaf, I saw a girl who smiled at me today when I was getting lunch. I'm pretty sure this means she's super into me, so I took a pic of her secretly and used the Facebook auto-tag algorithm to find out who she was, I then checked the phone number tied to the account and used it to track and triangulate her position to record her location and schedule. Now I'm planning on meeting her at her house tomorrow night with a bouquet of roses and a collection of sonnets to swoon this fair maiden. Thoughts?

/s, this is a prediction for a post (or similar) we'll eventually see in this thread though.
Last edited by Subpar Scrub; 09-08-2017 at 10:43 AM.
ZackieChan
(09-08-2017, 10:44 AM)

Originally Posted by vern

I'm too busy dating.

Can't fool me breh
Thorgal
(09-08-2017, 11:02 AM)
Kenshiro has taught me there is nothing wrong with a grown man shedding some manly tears.
desertsession
(09-08-2017, 11:03 AM)
Hi dudes. Glad to be joining this OT from the beginning.
Ultramantaro1
(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)
Another day another ghost. Wish I could get used to it, but it always stings a little after what seems like a very successful date.
Ozorov
(09-08-2017, 11:28 AM)
Is Ray Wonder also banned?
Azerare
(09-08-2017, 11:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Ultramantaro1

Another day another ghost. Wish I could get used to it, but it always stings a little after what seems like a very successful date.

Just got to accept that possibility when dating.
If they ghosted you; you two just weren't going to work.
Subpar Scrub
(09-08-2017, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Is Ray Wonder also banned?

Yep. Racked up too many short bans I think.

It's okay, just delete and move on. It's understandable for it to sting a bit, but don't dwell on it.
Last edited by Subpar Scrub; 09-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.
always crazy bacon
Banned
(09-08-2017, 01:19 PM)

I'll address this on as it's a super common issue that repeatedly came up on OT6, This is not specifically directed at you Ultramantaro1 but a general observation.

Many guys think they have has a successful first date and then get ghosted, they'll even say things like they felt they had "chemistry" with the girl and even at the end of the date she said she would like to do it again. So what's up with the ghosting in this situation?

Well, you need to look at why you are saying is was "Successful". So she actually arrived, conversation didn't dry up, she laughed at your jokes, took interest in your stories, you did not vomit over her dress and you didn't waste $6 on parking.

That is just the baseline of a date. Congratulations, you know how to do the right thing on a date. However you can't call it successful until she actually decides she wants a second date with you and follows through. Sure she'll be polite when you're saying goodbyes, "She had a good time" or "Let's do it again" but at that point she's only being polite. For example I've been drinking with guys and at the end of the night we agree to "Do it again" but honestly unless that guy is proactive I could not care less and 99% of the time we never call each other again for a beer. It's just the socially polite thing to say.

You should look at dating from a woman's point of view. She will have so many guys trying to date her, all the time. with online dating her matches and messages will be too many to ever manage. She does not need to settle for just a good date where nothing goes wrong. What will get her attention is an actual personal and emotional connection, what she feels and not what you think just because you had a good baseline date.

Just keep doing what you are doing, if your consistently not getting second dates you'll need to look at yourself and see where you need to change and improve.

Don't let ghosting get you down.
Last edited by always crazy bacon; 09-08-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Subpar Scrub
(09-08-2017, 01:24 PM)

Originally Posted by always crazy bacon

Don't let ghosting get you down.

You quoted the wrong guy lol,

But very good advice here all the same.
always crazy bacon
Banned
(09-08-2017, 01:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Subpar Scrub

You quoted the wrong guy lol,

But very good advice here all the same.

Good spot, thanks.
BuddyTheBestPuppy
(09-08-2017, 01:33 PM)

I could not listen to him much, redpill. You'll get much better crowd sourced advice here.

yea he comes off very anti-women. I couldn't listen much either
Neoweee
(09-08-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Xun

That moment when you realise this is the 7th dating-age thread you've posted in...

😢

Hey, no reason to feel bad. Look at your earlier posts and realize how far you've come, and how much more full your dating life, and life in general, is.

Dating is (or should be) fun and leads to growth as a person.
LionPride
Banned
(09-08-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Messofanego

Prove it, regale us with stories!

I only got the one story of me messin with this girl I met on Tinder

When I say there are too many white women here. I do in fact mean. Too. Many.
Blam
(09-08-2017, 03:13 PM)

Originally Posted by LionPride

Is that really a bad thing?
Incendiary
(09-08-2017, 03:50 PM)
Every time there's a new Dating-Age OT I post and say this time I'm going to post more in here and really be a part of this community because y'all are awesome. Then I get sidetracked and don't.

But seriously. This time I'm gonna post more in here.
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-08-2017, 04:31 PM)

Go on.
zchen
(09-08-2017, 05:36 PM)

you can't leave us hanging...share the story?
The_Joker1721
(09-08-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Subpar Scrub

It's rough as fuck. I remember crying once when some friends were present (everyone was fairly emotional or nearly crying, rough time) and one girl looked shocked that I was so upset and stopped talking to me. Some people are just weird.

Edit: haha I remember that dog story lookatmego, it's great that he is still so stoked to see you.

Smh, I guess it's better that happened so you wouldn't waste too much time (hopefully) with a girl who responds to you like that in an emotional moment.

Originally Posted by Salamando

The truly horrifying thing is that the stigma likely caused numerous illnesses and addictions. Can't use the body's natural release valve for pain, better numb it with alcohol. And I can't express my issues completely so I'll bottle them up until they become depression.

If a girl gives me shit for crying during the beginning of Up, she's a monster and J don't want to date her anyway.

Exactly this. Also, you're god damn right about the beginning of up. Shit had me fucked up when I first saw it 😭
LionPride
Banned
(09-08-2017, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

Is that really a bad thing?

Seeing as my preference is Black, Latino/Hispanic, Asian, then white....and they all look the fuckin same up here....yes it's a very bad thing

Originally Posted by zchen

you can't leave us hanging...share the story?

Originally Posted by LookAtMeGo

Go on.

Ain't much of a story, met a girl on Tinder, met up with her the next day, chilled with her for a bit, had sex for the first time later that night. She later tells me she wants me to be a side nigga for her(not those exact words) while she is also fuckin a nigga on the ball team sayin they ain't got labels and shit

Probably gon not talk to her since she got a whole as backup makeup bag/toothbrush and the nigga's dorm and I don't need no 6'7 big ass motherfucker who gettin attached to her showin up at my door
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-08-2017, 07:42 PM)
Lol yeah I wouldnt want to deal with the drama. Ill be a side piece but only if I can kick the other guys ass.
LionPride
Banned
(09-08-2017, 07:42 PM)

Lol yeah I wouldnt want to deal with the drama. Ill be a side piece but only if I can kick the other guys ass.

I'm 5'10, athletic, and relatively fast

But this nigga is on the basketball team

fuck that shit
Lulubop
(09-08-2017, 07:44 PM)
I got stories for days
Blam
(09-08-2017, 08:25 PM)

Seeing as my preference is Black, Latino/Hispanic, Asian, then white....and they all look the fuckin same up here....yes it's a very bad.

Fair enough .
Advocatus Diaboli
(09-08-2017, 09:17 PM)
Hmm. Double date tonight with a buddy, his girlfriend, and a Brazilian 10, then hitting up a BBQ and EDM concert tomorrow with a couple of friends, plus that Spanish dancer girl from last weekend who's definitely (lol) ending her relationship.

Meanwhile, I'm legitimately crushing hard on this paralegal from work that I'm going to ask out next week after our trial's over.

The on-again, off-again with the world peace girl is in play too.

I love how I'm not following a single damn thing I posted in my own OP. I'm also finding the very idea of online dating pointless, considering it's so much easier to just vibe with people I meet. Meet someone, make out with them, get their number. No swiping needed!

Stories for days.
Last edited by Advocatus Diaboli; 09-08-2017 at 09:25 PM.
TheLostBigBoss
(09-08-2017, 09:24 PM)
Going to get dinner with a coworker (yes I know) tonight after work.

Already had a couple of lunches together, she mentioned going out on the first lunch but I was already busy that week.

Wish me luck?
Irnbru
(09-08-2017, 09:29 PM)

Never understood what the big deal over men crying is. Dad was one of those macho Mexican men and he would tell me about how to carry myself like a man but he always said everyone needs to let it out and that it shouldn't be a big deal if a friend cries in front of me.

But I've definitely seen women rag on their boyfriends or their guy friends over crying. Shit is lame as fuck.

Thas because we got Chente Fendandez, everyone lets out a tear listening to those ballads. Great for breakups :'(
Blam
(09-08-2017, 09:34 PM)

Yeah it's pretty stupid. Not sure why women or anyone else for the matter of fact things that men can't cry. Like it's a code they need to follow.
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-08-2017, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli

Hmm. Double date tonight with a buddy, his girlfriend, and a Brazilian 10, then hitting up a BBQ and EDM concert tomorrow with a couple of friends, plus that Spanish dancer girl from last weekend who's definitely (lol) ending her relationship.

Meanwhile, I'm legitimately crushing hard on this paralegal from work that I'm going to ask out next week after our trial's over.

The on-again, off-again with the world peace girl is in play too.

I love how I'm not following a single damn thing I posted in my own OP. I'm also finding the very idea of online dating pointless, considering it's so much easier to just vibe with people I meet. Meet someone, make out with them, get their number. No swiping needed!

Stories for days.

Sometimes you just have to say fuck it.

A paralegal eh? Id say be weary of ghosting.
Advocatus Diaboli
(09-08-2017, 09:57 PM)

Sometimes you just have to say fuck it.

A paralegal eh? Id say be weary of ghosting.

Paralegal, not paranormal.
Subpar Scrub
(09-08-2017, 10:00 PM)

Lmao
Messofanego
(09-08-2017, 10:02 PM)

dead

Wait.
dreamcastmaster
PayPal bishoptl for tags
(09-08-2017, 11:53 PM)

That even beats his question yesterday "I read on Facebook Irma is sucking sharks out the ocean. Is that true?" LOL!
PancakeBurglar
(09-08-2017, 11:55 PM)

Thats fucking good shit lol
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-09-2017, 12:12 AM)
I thought paralegals are lawyers that deal with paranormal stuff.
Last edited by LookAtMeGo; 09-09-2017 at 12:14 AM.
always crazy bacon
Banned
(09-09-2017, 12:57 AM)

Advocatus Diaboli
(09-09-2017, 01:02 AM)

I never thought I wanted this Law & Order spinoff until now.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(09-09-2017, 01:20 AM)

#dead
Irnbru
(09-09-2017, 01:33 AM)

LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-09-2017, 03:25 AM)
Im bored. Whats the best date some of yalls ever been on?

Mine are usually a pretty basic setup. Dinner and/or a movie, pints, a walk/hike.

I went to an arcade for a date once. That was pretty cool except I think I got a little too competitive. No arcades where I live now.

I think probably the best one I have been on is when I met a girl at a chalet when I was staying at a resort on a mountain in the winter with some friends in Whistler BC. We planned to hit the mountain in the morning together. After like 4 solid hours of hitting the slopes together we went back to the chalet we met at and had some pints and food. She stayed with me in our cabin. Partied hard..
It was just fun as hell.

Never really kept in touch past a few days since she lived way too far away from me for anything realistic to happen.

I've had a lot of successful dates where it goes well but never ones where we really DO anything that make them stand out from others.

Im curious to hear some other experiences. Maybe somethkng a little out of the ordinary activity-wise. I could use some fresh ideas. Sort of getting tired with the same ol boring ass plans for dates.

The trivia night I went to with the neighbour on wednesday seems like something I'll bring a date to in the future.
always crazy bacon
Banned
(09-09-2017, 03:51 AM)

The one that ended in a threesome. A woman I was seeing casually and one evening we went to a restaurant but we ordered too much food. So she got a call from her friend and as she was close by she invited her to help us finish off the food. After that we planned to go for a massage but all the rooms in that spa were full so they could only offer foot massage, so the 3 of us had foot massages. When that was done, it was about 10PM and there was nothing else in the area to do so I suggested to go back to my apartment to chill. Honestly meaning watch movies, drink beer and chat bullshit. But when the 3 of us arrived at my apartment my FWB said "which one of us do you want?". So not thinking she was serious I dropped the contextually best quote ever from Robocop "Can I have you both?" they looked at each other for a second turned back to me and nodded. I then followed up quietly under my breath so as not to fuck it up "I'd buy that for a dollar".
Last edited by always crazy bacon; 09-09-2017 at 04:08 AM.
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(09-09-2017, 03:53 AM)
My man

*books foot massage for next date*
Subpar Scrub
(09-09-2017, 05:10 AM)

Second date I went on with a girl, she wanted to get a new bikini, so we went to a bunch of stores where she just happened to always pick them a size too small and wanted my exact, intimate opinions on each one. After that we grabbed sushi and watched the conjuring at the cinemas.

Shame it didn't work out with her, she was awesome lol.

I'd like to take a date out for a motorcycle ride into the hinterland mountains or a jet ski ride along the beach to grab lunch on one of the islands, but my last few dates were with boring girls who "would rather spend the weekend binging netflix, to be honest". Their exact words. Insanity.
Last edited by Subpar Scrub; 09-09-2017 at 05:13 AM.
En Ex
(09-09-2017, 05:39 AM)

I then followed up quietly under my breath so as not to fuck it up "I'd buy that for a dollar".

Please tell me this is real.
Beren the Empty-Handed
(09-09-2017, 05:40 AM)
About to have a first date! Wish me luck
saizo
(09-09-2017, 06:03 AM)
Booty called.
Afraid I'll catch feelings
What do?
Subpar Scrub
(09-09-2017, 06:33 AM)

Originally Posted by saizo

Booty called.
Afraid I'll catch feelings
What do?

Either go and risk catching feels or don't go, delete number and don't risk it.

Originally Posted by Beren the Empty-Handed

About to have a first date! Wish me luck

Good luck fam
Spoiled Milk
Banned
(09-09-2017, 07:33 AM)
Improv show is a good date idea, highly recommend it to all. Related, took my cousin out to one tonight and she ended up as an audience participant. After the show the comedian flagged her down outside of the joint and started chatting her up and asking her if she wanted to do anything before she left town. Normally I'd say this is a creepo move but... cousin thought he was cute, so guess it worked for him. :P