• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

LiquidSolid
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:00 AM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brad Grenz

No, it's a secret ending that can be experienced without spending any extra money by grinding in the end game like a hundred other RPGs.

Since when is it a RPG? But regardless, seemingly endless grinds are shit in RPGs too, let alone ones that give you the option of buying a bunch of lootboxes to make that grind a lot easier.

Anyway, I finally got around to watching this week's Cup of Jones and while I knew Ian was involved in the studio makeover, I didn't realise the entire thing was his idea. Great job, Ian.
WarRock
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:24 AM)
WarRock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brad Grenz

No, it's a secret ending that can be experienced without spending any extra money by grinding in the end game like a hundred other RPGs.

I'm trying to remember RPGs with multiple endings, like Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, CT, SMT games, Alpha Protocol, Fallout games, Atelier games, Front Mission, SRW games... but can't name many that require "end game grinding". Care to enlighten me?
uomoartificiale
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:31 AM)

Originally Posted by openrob



Amazing to see how things just keep getting better and better.
(March 2016 & October 2017)

Also the picture cannot convey how painful was the early days audio with the yeti. But now we are cruising:

- flattering angle
- warm and balanced lighting
- the table™
- nice audio

And most of all, the thing that always killed me while watching the podcast: they are all in focus now. they bumped the lighting so they probably closed down the lens a bit.

Incredible how much work it takes just to make little changes that make such a great difference. Well done.
abrack08
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:26 AM)
abrack08's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Oh man this is great. TTE references in Divinity 2?

https://twitter.com/fastmower/status/915994121197707264

Quick, someone find a character named Lars and see if he has grain!
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(10-07-2017, 09:13 AM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Oh man this is great. TTE references in Divinity 2?

https://twitter.com/fastmower/status/915994121197707264

Holy fuck.
Primethius
Banned
(10-07-2017, 12:02 PM)
Primethius's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Oh man this is great. TTE references in Divinity 2?

https://twitter.com/fastmower/status/915994121197707264

Amazing.
Don Draper's Hat
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:50 PM)
Don Draper's Hat's Avatar
Blood, you seem to carry a lot of things in your inventory so I've a little tip for you; if you hold down on the d-pad it will instantly go back to your Estus Flask.
Daggoth
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:56 PM)
Daggoth's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Oh man this is great. TTE references in Divinity 2?

https://twitter.com/fastmower/status/915994121197707264

Eh, no. Tenacious at best I reckon.

*Ben's reply on twitter*

Well shit, Huber's work in this campaign is done
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:34 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
So I wanted to get prepared for the Evil Within 2 but didn’t really feel like playing the dlc, so I finally watched the Huber/Kyle full playthrough Friday videos for the DLC from Gametrailers. Very entertaining streams but an added layer of fun is how they’re time capsules of what people were thinking at that time and I noted a number of fun observations

- The streams came out the spring that Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 came out. So there was a lot of bloodborne talk and the 3rd dlc came out the week Witcher 3 did. Games they still talk about
- Arkham Knight was super anticipated by Huber and Jones
- It was funny to have Kyle explain to chat that Huber’s favorite weapons are shotguns and axes. Things in EZA that are just known
- At one moment Kyle read a question “Huber do you have an axe?” He said no, and in my head “You do now”
- Blood showed up for a moment and asked if the game was worth playing. Huber of course said yes, but it wouldn’t be until this year at EZA that blood would get to playing the game
- Huber noted the different director for the dlc and said if it’s not Mikami he’d be happy if he was the Evil Within 2 director. Which is now true and Huber has stayed consistent in liking it
- The last dlc video had a fun moment as they’re talking about the upcoming E3 (which was the E3 of dreams) and Huber was asked what conferences he was most excited about. He said Bethesda and Sony. When asked why Sony he said “Because it’s sony. The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3” everyone laughed, but he’d be proven right a month later...
Holundrian
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:59 PM)
I hope EZA can do a bit more on Divinity 2 than just the review. A stream highlighting it or if they can somehow get the time use the campaign tools for something fun?
The more I learn about it, it seems like a super stellar CRPG.
Bahorel
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:37 PM)
Bahorel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

So I wanted to get prepared for the Evil Within 2 but didn’t really feel like playing the dlc, so I finally watched the Huber/Kyle full playthrough Friday videos for the DLC from Gametrailers. Very entertaining streams but an added layer of fun is how they’re time capsules of what people were thinking at that time and I noted a number of fun observations

Thanks for the rec, I might do this too once I ever finish my copy of TEW! sounds like a blast and I've enjoyed that time capsule feeling from going back to old podcasts
___

I'm working through my backlog right now and I've sort of hit a slump. I played King's Quest 2015 and (king's quest spoiler) I'm so mad it made me cry. Like not in a good way. The end is all about old age and memory loss and watching a family member die and you know what I don't play games to feel that way. It depressed the fuck out of me and I kind of wish I hadn't had that experience.

Now I'm struggling through Assassin's Creed 3 and it's not particularly enjoyable least of all because I have a bad PC controller. Anyone recommend one that's about the size of a ps3 controller? My current one is the popular Logitech one and it's so chunky it make my tendinitis hurt tenfold.

Looking for something guaranteed to be more fun from my playstation backlog that I can play concurrently with AC3 to break up the monotony, what should I choose?

-Bioshock Infinite
-Infamous Second Son
(infamous 1 and 2 were two of my fave games)
-Gravity Rush 1 (PS4)
-Batman Arkham City
-Uncharted 3
-Dishonored 2


?
ShadyK54
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:54 PM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Oh man this is great. TTE references in Divinity 2?

https://twitter.com/fastmower/status/915994121197707264

I'm never scoffing at Pomper again.
Don Draper's Hat
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:08 PM)
Don Draper's Hat's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

So I wanted to get prepared for the Evil Within 2 but didn’t really feel like playing the dlc, so I finally watched the Huber/Kyle full playthrough Friday videos for the DLC from Gametrailers. Very entertaining streams but an added layer of fun is how they’re time capsules of what people were thinking at that time and I noted a number of fun observations

- The streams came out the spring that Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 came out. So there was a lot of bloodborne talk and the 3rd dlc came out the week Witcher 3 did. Games they still talk about
- Arkham Knight was super anticipated by Huber and Jones
- It was funny to have Kyle explain to chat that Huber’s favorite weapons are shotguns and axes. Things in EZA that are just known
- At one moment Kyle read a question “Huber do you have an axe?” He said no, and in my head “You do now”
- Blood showed up for a moment and asked if the game was worth playing. Huber of course said yes, but it wouldn’t be until this year at EZA that blood would get to playing the game
- Huber noted the different director for the dlc and said if it’s not Mikami he’d be happy if he was the Evil Within 2 director. Which is now true and Huber has stayed consistent in liking it
- The last dlc video had a fun moment as they’re talking about the upcoming E3 (which was the E3 of dreams) and Huber was asked what conferences he was most excited about. He said Bethesda and Sony. When asked why Sony he said “Because it’s sony. The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3” everyone laughed, but he’d be proven right a month later...

Those full playthrough Fridays were the absolute best. People just popping in and out having a little chat. The whole jolliness of it all was great.

Easily the biggest thing I miss from the GT days. Other than Elyse obviously.
Arrrammis
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:21 PM)
Arrrammis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bahorel

I'm working through my backlog right now and I've sort of hit a slump. I played King's Quest 2015 and (king's quest spoiler) I'm so mad it made me cry. Like not in a good way. The end is all about old age and memory loss and watching a family member die and you know what I don't play games to feel that way. It depressed the fuck out of me and I kind of wish I hadn't had that experience.

Now I'm struggling through Assassin's Creed 3 and it's not particularly enjoyable least of all because I have a bad PC controller. Anyone recommend one that's about the size of a ps3 controller? My current one is the popular Logitech one and it's so chunky it make my tendinitis hurt tenfold.

Looking for something guaranteed to be more fun from my playstation backlog that I can play concurrently with AC3 to break up the monotony, what should I choose?

-Bioshock Infinite
-Infamous Second Son
(infamous 1 and 2 were two of my fave games)
-Gravity Rush 1 (PS4)
-Batman Arkham City
-Uncharted 3
-Dishonored 2


?

Out of those, I'd recommend Infamous: Second Son (It's not as good story-wise as the first two games, but it's a lot of fun to play through), Gravity Rush (flying around is always fun to me) or Dishonored 2. I would recommend Batman:Arkham City but that might be a little too similar to Assasssin's creed to play concurrently (in terms of movement, collectables, etc.).
Holundrian
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Bahorel

Looking for something guaranteed to be more fun from my playstation backlog that I can play concurrently with AC3 to break up the monotony, what should I choose?
?

I never was that big into the infamous games but they seem to have fallen to me at convenient times making me finish each of them once. I think I only bought the first one for cheap the others I got through ps+.
In any case I'll echo Arrrammis on Second Son. Despite my general luke warm reception to those games I'll say that the second power you get in that game is lots of fun and carried that game for me. I really liked how that power felt in regards to open world traversal.
And seeing how you really liked the first 2 I can't imagine Second Son being a bad choice here.
LiquidSolid
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:07 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bahorel

I'm working through my backlog right now and I've sort of hit a slump. I played King's Quest 2015 and (king's quest spoiler) I'm so mad it made me cry. Like not in a good way. The end is all about old age and memory loss and watching a family member die and you know what I don't play games to feel that way. It depressed the fuck out of me and I kind of wish I hadn't had that experience.

Did you buy the full game including the epilogue (Deluxe Edition, I think it's called?). It wasn't much but I thought it did a decent job at picking me back up. It's stupid it wasn't included with the standard season pass.

Why not just use your Dual Shock 4 with AC3? Steam's drivers work pretty well, don't they?

And as for your game, I was going to go with Gravity Rush because I love those two games but if Infamous 1 and 2 were favourites of yours then you should play Second Son. It's kinda disappointing because there's not much content in the game (which they said was on purpose to encourage people to play through both endings) but the gameplay is still really fun.
Bahorel
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:17 PM)
Bahorel's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSolid

Did you buy the full game including the epilogue (Deluxe Edition, I think it's called?). It wasn't much but I thought it did a decent job at picking me back up. It's stupid it wasn't included with the standard season pass.

Why not just use your Dual Shock 4 with AC3? Steam's drivers work pretty well, don't they?

And as for your game, I was going to go with Gravity Rush because I love those two games but if Infamous 1 and 2 were favourites of yours then you should play Second Son. It's kinda disappointing because there's not much content in the game (which they said was on purpose to encourage people to play through both endings) but the gameplay is still really fun.

I did play the epilogue but due to time constraints I played that and chapter 5 a night apart, so I had a while to stew. Though I agree, it did help a little bit. Also I think they eventually patched it so all season passers could get it.

Re the controller I'm dumb and should look into that. I didn't know that was an option so I will check that out.

And looks like I'll go with Second Son, thanks guys!
Auctopus
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:00 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grayfox341

I feel you, I really do, but in a way my answer is not about Dark Souls at all.

I've re-listened to it now on a commute and I know what you mean. I wasn't in any way disagreeing with you, the way the game consistently pushes you beyond your expectations/limits (especially in DS1) is delicately well-done.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:46 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Nice. During talking Syndrome Huber got notified of the TTE reference in divinity 2

Good work copterskates and blood!
Mikey Jr.
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:51 PM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar
Ok, for the dumb game monday poll, Beastly is the correct answer, right?

I mean, its the only answer.
Wiggy
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:52 PM)
Wiggy's Avatar
Q+A is up, have they ever discussed adding it to a podcast feed? I like to listen on the go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVaSrbl9TCo
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:53 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

Ok, for the dumb game monday poll, Beastly is the correct answer, right?

I mean, its the only answer.

I was going to vote for the pirate game but then realized the civil war/confederacy imagery and backed away not sure where that game would go
Kneefoil
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:18 PM)
Kneefoil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

Ok, for the dumb game monday poll, Beastly is the correct answer, right?

I mean, its the only answer.

No. I'd rather give Kyle a game that looks like he might actually enjoy, and with that cover, I'm not convinced Beastly could possibly be that game. It screams "awful game made as cheaply as possible" to me.

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

I was going to vote for the pirate game but then realized the civil war/confederacy imagery and backed away not sure where that game would go

Same. After that it was either going to be Blitz the League II or Whirl Tour, but because the last Dumb Game™ was a racing game, I went with Blitz.

Of course, it seems like Beastly will win regardless of what I vote.
Philippo
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:28 PM)
Philippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wiggy

Q+A is up, have they ever discussed adding it to a podcast feed? I like to listen on the go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVaSrbl9TCo

Yeah, now that i have a job with a long commute to it, i want everything in audio form.
Bahorel
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:48 PM)
Bahorel's Avatar
When y'all were discussing Beastly I thought "it couldn't possible be that dumb beauty and the beast movie" and yet it is. I realllly want to Google the game to see what it could possibly be gameplay wise but I don't want to break Kyle's rules.

Also wtf at that pirate game. I was so confused when the dark knight mentioned confederacy and yet I go to look and there it is
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(10-07-2017, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Wiggy

Q+A is up, have they ever discussed adding it to a podcast feed? I like to listen on the go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVaSrbl9TCo

Originally Posted by Philippo

Yeah, now that i have a job with a long commute to it, i want everything in audio form.

I'd love it in my RSS feed. Same for Cup of Jones. I asked Jones on Twitter about it, but he didn't reply.

I get that they maybe don't want to flood the RSS feed with a gazillion shows, but it's more convenient to delete an episode rather than missing out on content because you just don't get to watch a 2 hour Youtube video in one piece (one that doesn't need to be watched at all).

So yes, more audio versions in the RSS feed, please!
ShadyK54
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:10 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar
The Persona 5 Spoiler Mode exists!

https://youtu.be/FHk-UvvcvX4
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:10 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Well it’s finally happened. Persona 5bspoiler mode. I won’t watch it yet as I haven’t finished but im glad to see it happened. Do Nier next!
Ultimadrago
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:12 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

The Persona 5 Spoiler Mode exists!

https://youtu.be/FHk-UvvcvX4

Woah, completely gave up hope on this.
sleepwalkcapsules
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:30 AM)
And I still didn't finish P5. Oh well, more motivation to get back on it (if life don't get in the way...)


Also... There's still time for FFXV spoiler mode!! That would be cool.
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:40 AM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleepwalkcapsules

And I still didn't finish P5. Oh well, more motivation to get back on it (if life don't get in the way...)


Also... There's still time for FFXV spoiler mode!! That would be cool.

They did this in a frame trap.
Auctopus
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:43 AM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

They did this in a frame trap.

Damiani also did an in-depth post mortem with Nova Crystallis.
Tankard
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)
Tankard's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

The Persona 5 Spoiler Mode exists!

https://youtu.be/FHk-UvvcvX4

Yessss!!
Philippo
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:12 AM)
Philippo's Avatar
Man i still need to get used to 60fps Allies and the new pink/red-ish lightning
jbluzb
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:26 AM)
jbluzb's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

The Persona 5 Spoiler Mode exists!

https://youtu.be/FHk-UvvcvX4

so happy, finally :D
ShadyK54
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:39 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar
FYI for those who want to watch the Spoiler Mode, they do talk about some spoilers for both Persona 3 & 4 as well, so be wary if you still want to go through those eventually.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:53 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

FYI for those who want to watch the Spoiler Mode, they do talk about some spoilers for both Persona 3 & 4 as well, so be wary if you still want to go through those eventually.

What type of spoilers and how significant for 4?
LinkGray
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:13 AM)
LinkGray's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

What type of spoilers and how significant for 4?

They spoiler the end of P3 but they give a warning for it so you can skip ahead. Nothing major for P4 if I can recall right. Just dungeon designs and how they compare to P5
ShadyK54
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:24 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

What type of spoilers and how significant for 4?

Originally Posted by LinkGray

They spoiler the end of P3 but they give a warning for it so you can skip ahead. Nothing major for P4 if I can recall right. Just dungeon designs and how they compare to P5

What LinkGray said.

Edit: Great Spoiler Mode from Ben, Brad, and Huber. Made me happy & has given me the itch to pick up my NG+ playthrough again after giving it a break for Danganronpa.
ToonLink
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:28 AM)
ToonLink's Avatar
I squealed with joy when I saw the email for the Persona 5 spoiler mode. Wasn't expecting it so soon.

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

They did this in a frame trap.

Originally Posted by Auctopus

Damiani also did an in-depth post mortem with Nova Crystallis.

I just recently finished FFXV, so I'd be interested in hearing their thoughts. Any links?
SecondCitySaint
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:41 AM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar
Blade Runner 2049 Spoilermode when?
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:58 AM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ToonLink

I squealed with joy when I saw the email for the Persona 5 spoiler mode. Wasn't expecting it so soon.





I just recently finished FFXV, so I'd be interested in hearing their thoughts. Any links?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgONHm1_tsE
Saucestin_Roast
Member
(10-08-2017, 03:54 AM)
Just wanna pop in and say I freaking love the new garage set up. The lighting makes it so cozy. I appreciate the effort that went in to making the shot look nicer. Really helps pull the whole presentation of the group together in a more professional way.

Keep it up guys. L&R <3
Ultimadrago
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:07 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Woah, completely gave up hope on this.

Solid discussion. I'm glad they brought up some of the issues I had with the story as well.

Most importantly, and thank you Huber for bringing it up, Easy Allies Romance options finally confirmed!
ShadyK54
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:19 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Solid discussion. I'm glad they brought up some of the issues I had with the story as well.

Most importantly, and thank you Huber for bringing it up, Easy Allies Romance options finally confirmed!

Brad continuing to be the best here. I still love Ben, Huber, and everyone else tho
Ultimadrago
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:24 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

Brad continuing to be the best here. I still love Ben, Huber, and everyone else tho

More liek Ben is still the man. I even predicted the Makoto "fall-back option". That's okay, Ben. We know Futaba is Numero Uno.
wmlk
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:33 AM)
wmlk's Avatar
They fell back in Futaba being a shut-in way too much in almost every interaction. Made me dislike her immediately. I wasn't surprised though, so I wasn't disappointed.

Characters like Makoto and Hifumi were more than just their tropes even, even they're introduced as tropes from the very beginning. Even Ann, who was handled poorly in her confidant scenes, had something to her character than just her initial impression. You could see this in the main story as Sojiro was impressed with her as she was forward and got shit done when she came to hang out with Yusuke and Ryuji.
Ultimadrago
Member
(10-08-2017, 05:26 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar
Hoo boy, I disagree. Though I've shared most of my P5 thoughts in the OT and Confidant thread already.

On another note, I completely forgot about about the podcast this week. First off, I didn't catch that Andrew House left Sony!

Edit: Damn, Ben's speech almost made me feel bad for being one of those that disregards Etrian Odyssey (as a JRPG guy myself). I didn't know the series was in such a position where fans want to shake up people to give it a try though (or maybe it's just Ben). lol
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(10-08-2017, 06:22 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Another fun easy update. Huber as Ian’s game coach is a fun bit. I’d like to see them do it again
False Witness
Member
(10-08-2017, 06:28 AM)
False Witness's Avatar
The power of Huber can push anyone through anything.

Thread Tools