• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Meccs
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:21 AM)
Meccs's Avatar
Free weekend didn't help at all and the changes probably killed of a lot of players too. Game has 26 players currently. If it wasn't dead before, it's dead now.
E92 M3
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:11 PM)
E92 M3's Avatar

Originally Posted by -MD-

Had 56 hours played over 2-3 weeks, patch 1.4 hit and I've played 2 hours since.

Fun...

I got the platinum a couple weeks after launch, prestiged, and spent hundreds on boxes. And now 1.4 ruined everything for me....

Really sucks.
EL CUCO
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:58 PM)
EL CUCO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meccs

Free weekend didn't help at all and the changes probably killed of a lot of players too. Game has 26 players currently. If it wasn't dead before, it's dead now.

4 viewers currently on twitch.

It might be time to hit the F2P button.
BizzyBum
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:00 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by E92 M3

I got the platinum a couple weeks after launch, prestiged, and spent hundreds on boxes. And now 1.4 ruined everything for me....

Really sucks.

Damn, they fucked up that bad? Is that the patch that changed health mechanics with constant regen and shit?

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.
Dynamite Shikoku
Congratulations, you really deserve it!
(10-06-2017, 09:03 PM)
Dynamite Shikoku's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

Damn, they fucked up that bad? Is that the patch that changed health mechanics with constant regen and shit?

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.

I think they are panicking. The game has bombed spectacularly and they don't know what to do. Could go free to play, but this close to launch would mean they would need to reimburse early buyers. I really don't understand why it wasn't f2p in the first place
derder
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:06 PM)
derder's Avatar
So... it's officially dead? Even if they made it f2p, I don't think it would make a dent into this fall's lineup.

What happens to Boss Key now? There are still job openings up: http://bosskey.com/careers/
GodofWine
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:08 PM)
GodofWine's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.

Ummm..probably because a peak of 150 players daily isn't paying the bills.
Xer0
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:55 PM)
Xer0's Avatar
Only one trophy away from the platinum. Need the community to stay together for just a few more matches!

Iím 50 hrs in and I donít mind the changes, but, I can understand why it turned off some.
BizzyBum
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:00 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by GodofWine

Ummm..probably because a peak of 150 players daily isn't paying the bills.

So instead of going F2P or discounting the game they just make these awful changes no one asked for to further destroy their population?

I think it's safe to say this game will never be popular and have thousands playing on a daily basis no matter what they do. The damage is done.
Champloo4
Junior Member
(10-06-2017, 10:01 PM)
Champloo4's Avatar
I stopped playing around 2 weeks after it came out. I really enjoyed it, just got tired of running the same maps.

I would've liked to a playlist of Blitzball only.

Dumbest move of the year might've been ordering the Limited Edition from Limited Run Games.
CommandThrower
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:41 PM)
CommandThrower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Champloo4

Dumbest move of the year might've been ordering the Limited Edition from Limited Run Games.

Why is that? Because you dropped the game so quick?


I personally ordered the limited edition from LRG myself.
E92 M3
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:05 AM)
E92 M3's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

Damn, they fucked up that bad? Is that the patch that changed health mechanics with constant regen and shit?

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.

Not only the health changes but now spawning occurs in 10-second waves. So, you can make a great push, get a double kill to only have them spawn in 1 second instead of the usual 10.
test_account
XP-39C≤
(10-07-2017, 12:15 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Champloo4

I stopped playing around 2 weeks after it came out. I really enjoyed it, just got tired of running the same maps.

I would've liked to a playlist of Blitzball only.

Dumbest move of the year might've been ordering the Limited Edition from Limited Run Games.

Why? If you ordered the limited edition, you also got a digital code in addition (only works in the US PS Store however). No need to wait until getting the limited edition. I bought it myself, but i wasnt going to play it anyway. Already sold my digital code as well. Not because i think its a bad game or anything like that (i havnt tried it), but mostly because i didnt want to make an US account, and i dont have that much interest in the game.
Last edited by test_account; 10-07-2017 at 12:58 AM.
grandwizard
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:57 AM)
grandwizard's Avatar
Dev update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UI_tecEY7g
Budi
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:00 AM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by grandwizard

Dev update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UI_tecEY7g

It's sad that because of the low playerbase, I somehow can't get excited any of this. It just feels bad that they are pushing stuff to this game that is interesting and fun, but there's nobody to enjoy it. The commercial reception LB got has been my biggest bummer related to gaming this year, accompanied with the cheers and mocking.
Last edited by Budi; 10-07-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Tokubetsu
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:43 AM)
Tokubetsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by grandwizard

Dev update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UI_tecEY7g

ranked is gonna be great for all 30 ppl still getting on playing regularly
gossi
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:45 AM)
gossi's Avatar
Still get matches instantly on PS4.
grandwizard
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:39 AM)
grandwizard's Avatar
Yeah I really don't see the point of pushing the ranked mode if they can't get regular players. I was hoping they would address the health and regen 1.4 changes in this update, but I guess those are here to stay or they just don't want to address it.

Originally Posted by Budi

It's sad that because of the low playerbase, I somehow can't get excited any of this. It just feels bad that they are pushing stuff to this game that is interesting and fun, but there's nobody to enjoy it. The commercial reception LB got has been my biggest bummer related to gaming this year, accompanied with the cheers and mocking.

Agreed 100%. The reaction of the gaming community to LB's failure has just been an embarrassment. Not to mention it is proof this type of game and it's non-f2p/p2w/dlc-stuffed business model is unviable.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:16 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar

Originally Posted by grandwizard

Yeah I really don't see the point of pushing the ranked mode if they can't get regular players. I was hoping they would address the health and regen 1.4 changes in this update, but I guess those are here to stay or they just don't want to address it.



Agreed 100%. The reaction of the gaming community to LB's failure has just been an embarrassment. Not to mention it is proof this type of game and it's non-f2p/p2w/dlc-stuffed business model is unviable.

True true. Titanfall 2 and LB have free DLC and only cosmetic "Lootboxes" and both failed.
So weird cause people are always asking for this exact thing.
Xer0
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:19 PM)
Xer0's Avatar

Originally Posted by gossi

Still get matches instantly on PS4.

Iím trying right now, and, I just passed 6 minutes wait time. What a bummer.
Budi
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:21 PM)
Budi's Avatar
Huh, seems like I was one of those who got the 24 stash drops from the free weekend. Thanks for the free loot BossKey!

Edit: Cool. Got exactly the Tokki skin I was eyeing to unlock earlier.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:31 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

Huh, seems like I was one of those who got the 24 stash drops from the free weekend. Thanks for the free loot BossKey!

Edit: Cool. Got exactly the Tokki skin I was eyeing to unlock earlier.

congratz
EL CUCO
Member
(10-09-2017, 08:52 PM)
EL CUCO's Avatar
Gameranx put out a video on LawBreakers yesterday. Hadn't seen it posted. After playing D2 and experiencing its (lack of) end game, I'm kinda looking forward to jumping back in for boss modes or w/e they're calling ranked.

https://youtu.be/Z1188_jYJAE
Champloo4
Junior Member
(10-09-2017, 08:56 PM)
Champloo4's Avatar

Originally Posted by CommandThrower

Why is that? Because you dropped the game so quick?


I personally ordered the limited edition from LRG myself.

Yes, exactly. I would've been fine with only spending $30 on the digital version. Played my money's worth no doubt. But don't really play much currently.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:06 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar
next patch will drop next Thursday!
its gonna be a big one.
CommandThrower
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:07 PM)
CommandThrower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roude Leiw

next patch will drop next Thursday!
its gonna be a big one.

If it's a reversion back to the old health/old stats, then that would be preferable.
Tokubetsu
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:10 PM)
Tokubetsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roude Leiw

next patch will drop next Thursday!
its gonna be a big one.

any notes/teases?
vazel
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:13 PM)
vazel's Avatar
really bummed there's going to be no halloween skins.

Originally Posted by CommandThrower

If it's a reversion back to the old health/old stats, then that would be preferable.

hp regen is starting at five seconds instead of three.
DyZ
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 08:13 PM)
DyZ's Avatar
Watching the dev update is a little depressing. You can tell these guys are still trying to hold onto the game (with planned updates/content), but it feels like it's in a lose-lose situation.

I always expected this game to inevitably go F2P, but now i'd be curious how much interest it would even have as a F2P title.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:17 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar

Originally Posted by DyZ

Watching the dev update is a little depressing. You can tell these guys are still trying to hold onto the game (with planned updates/content), but it feels like it's in a lose-lose situation.

I always expected this game to inevitably go F2P, but now i'd be curious how much interest it would even have as a F2P title.

I think what they hope for is that people come back for the boss league mode.
vazel
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:20 PM)
vazel's Avatar
i do hope the game goes f2p early next year. i don't think f2p will save the game but it will at least bring life back to the game for a few weeks.
Tokubetsu
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:23 PM)
Tokubetsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roude Leiw

I think what they hope for is that people come back for the boss league mode.

why would they?
Curious Puppy
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 08:26 PM)
Curious Puppy's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

i do hope the game goes f2p early next year. i don't think f2p will save the game but it will at least bring life back to the game for a few weeks.

It's going to get shut down within a year, its literally unavoidable with a playerbase this low. Happens to more games than people realize.
Barrel Cannon
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:28 PM)
Barrel Cannon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curious Puppy

It's going to get shut down within a year, its literally unavoidable with a playerbase this low. Happens to more games than people realize.

I'll eat crow for this, but I don't think it'll get shut down unless they re-release it in a new manner and offer everyone who owns the game a voucher for the new one.

I'll let your silly comment slide this time Junior only cause you have an adorable avatar
shimon
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:35 PM)
shimon's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

i do hope the game goes f2p early next year. i don't think f2p will save the game but it will at least bring life back to the game for a few weeks.

I don't think it's gonna help at this point. Not with numbers like these.
E92 M3
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:37 PM)
E92 M3's Avatar
If the patch doesn't remove the regen and increased health, it's useless.
BizzyBum
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:38 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar
I just tried searching for a quick match game on PC for 5 minutes and nothing.

Literally unplayable. lol
vazel
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:39 PM)
vazel's Avatar

Originally Posted by shimon

I don't think it's gonna help at this point. Not with numbers like these.

going f2p helped bring evolve's player count to over 1k for 4 months.

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350#All evolve went f2p in july 2016.
shimon
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:46 PM)
shimon's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

going f2p helped bring evolve's player count to over 1k for 4 months.

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350#All evolve went f2p in july 2016.

Well if it does help it's not gonna reach high numbers imho. Also it will go back down after a month or two. Just my opinion ofc. I guess we'll see. If they even go f2p.
vazel
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:00 PM)
vazel's Avatar

Originally Posted by shimon

Well if it does help it's not gonna reach high numbers imho. Also it will go back down after a month or two. Just my opinion ofc. I guess we'll see. If they even go f2p.

i did say going f2p would bring life back to the game only for a few weeks.

right now most nights i play the game it's the same 2 people pubstomping everyone. going f2p would bump the player numbers for a while.
shimon
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:08 PM)
shimon's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

i did say going f2p would bring life back to the game only for a few weeks.

right now most nights i play the game it's the same 2 people pubstomping everyone. going f2p would bump the player numbers for a while.

You did indeed,my bad. Somehow I missed that part. In that case I agree with you.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:56 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar

Originally Posted by E92 M3

If the patch doesn't remove the regen and increased health, it's useless.

they mentioned that in the twitch stream. I think i heard that they'll decrease the health regen/sec.
and they'll introduce balancing changes they said.
we need to wait and see i guess.
Curious Puppy
Junior Member
(10-14-2017, 06:11 AM)
Curious Puppy's Avatar

Originally Posted by vazel

going f2p helped bring evolve's player count to over 1k for 4 months.

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350#All evolve went f2p in july 2016.

Evolve never saw numbers like this and ended up getting shut down not long after f2p.
vazel
Member
(10-14-2017, 07:09 AM)
vazel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curious Puppy

Evolve never saw numbers like this and ended up getting shut down not long after f2p.

evolve was at 106 avg players the month before it went f2p. it did not get shut down; turtle rock stopped supporting the game but the servers are still up.
Last edited by vazel; 10-14-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Conkersbadfurday
Member
(10-15-2017, 02:27 AM)
Conkersbadfurday's Avatar
Tried playing earlier in the week and nothing. Trying now because Saturday but I've a feeling I'll be in queue for awhile.

:[

Hope some of y'all are on. I want a few more hours out of this game if nothing else.

Edit: Five minutes and nothing.
Last edited by Conkersbadfurday; 10-15-2017 at 02:30 AM.
grandwizard
Member
(10-15-2017, 12:39 PM)
grandwizard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Conkersbadfurday

Tried playing earlier in the week and nothing. Trying now because Saturday but I've a feeling I'll be in queue for awhile.

:[

Hope some of y'all are on. I want a few more hours out of this game if nothing else.

Edit: Five minutes and nothing.

Tried to play a bit last night and couldn't get into a game either. I'm sure I could have gotten into one if I kept waiting but I just switched to a different game. Sad to say but I think it's over.
Roude Leiw
Member
(10-15-2017, 02:50 PM)
Roude Leiw's Avatar

Originally Posted by grandwizard

Tried to play a bit last night and couldn't get into a game either. I'm sure I could have gotten into one if I kept waiting but I just switched to a different game. Sad to say but I think it's over.

try switching between us and eu.
Conkersbadfurday
Member
(10-15-2017, 03:48 PM)
Conkersbadfurday's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roude Leiw

try switching between us and eu.

Did. Spent a few minutes in every server (up to five in the US ones) and nothing. Ended up fucking around one on one with my bro in deathmatch, which was kinda fun. First time playing Wraith.
pitchfork
Member
(10-15-2017, 03:55 PM)
pitchfork's Avatar
Honestly kinda stunned just how hard this game failed, I'll hold my hands up I've never actually played it(watched a few streams) but what I saw looked decent enough

Was originally hoping this would make its way to Xbox, but looks like it really has gone the way of the Dodo

Damn shame
NHale
Member
(10-15-2017, 11:23 PM)
NHale's Avatar

Originally Posted by pitchfork

Honestly kinda stunned just how hard this game failed, I'll hold my hands up I've never actually played it(watched a few streams) but what I saw looked decent enough

Was originally hoping this would make its way to Xbox, but looks like it really has gone the way of the Dodo

Damn shame

I'm surprised because I always thought they would have a bigger crowd at PC. It seemed like a case of a game that started as PC only and they tried to push the "hard and high ceiling skill" motto too much after they announced it. Then going PS4 and not Xbox One, pushed a very negative crowd towards the game, especially those that think Cliffy B started making games with Gears 1.

Then there are a lot of antibodies against Cliffy B, and he commited the sin of trying to say what he really thinks instead of sticking to the pretty and insincere PR speak. That would come in the end to bite him in the ass. Also betting on mobility movement was the wrong move because "everyone" is tired of it and want to go back to the ground.

The toxicity was already on high levels after the PC betas failed to attract a big crowd and the PS4 announcement, but after release it went to 11. At that time there was no way for them to save the game because everyone that was remotely interested in the game stayed away as soon as the "game is dead" started flying around the worldwide web.

I still don't regret getting the game, I had a lot of fun with the game and there are some great and different ideas in there but they have no way to save it now. Even making it PS+, releasing it on Xbox One, making it F2P are going to just increase the community for a couple of days and then it's dead again. Quite frankly they should invest on making it on the Switch even if they make some heavy compromises on the game, because there is a market there for a FPS multiplayer shooter.

Thread Tools