• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

jett
D-Member
(10-07-2017, 03:16 AM)
jett's Avatar
Trying some trials with characters I never play as.

Goddamnit why are my fingers so garbage at linking charge moves in combos. It's like I have no idea what I'm doing.
mbpm1
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:53 AM)
mbpm1's Avatar
this game is pretty good when you have a character you gel with

My whiff punishes are becoming more real Kreygasm
KingBroly
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:15 AM)
KingBroly's Avatar
SFV has to be the worst game to update this generation

8-10 gigs every single fucking time

Is this a Capcpom thing or an Unreal thing?
lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:19 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingBroly

SFV has to be the worst game to update this generation

8-10 gigs every single fucking time

Is this a Capcpom thing or an Unreal thing?

Both.
JusDoIt
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:48 AM)
JusDoIt's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbpm1

this game is pretty good when you have a character you gel with

My whiff punishes are becoming more real Kreygasm

My whiff punishes are still fraudulent, but every time I accidentally connect with one of my rando buffers it feels like 1991 again.
KingBroly
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:51 AM)
KingBroly's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Both.

Well it's bad design, whoever implemented it that way. Simply unacceptable to have it download 20 MB/s for like a minute then to slowly degrade to 0 as it writes to the HDD

EDIT: Probably just quicker to delete it and re-download the entire game at this point. What a terrible system

EDIT: It's still giving me the same problems after about 5 gigs. Who threw this thing together, Konami?
Last edited by KingBroly; 10-07-2017 at 05:13 AM.
Stantron
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:28 AM)
Stantron's Avatar
Is there a good resource on how to punish moves from certain characters? I'm having trouble with Ed and his shenanigans. Also, Alex seems to set up easy command grabs after a blocked combo string. I've decided to push up in rank with Birdie from ~2000 LP. I'm up to ~3300 and the competition definitely more challenging.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:58 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
I've missed you KingBroly.
KingBroly
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:03 AM)
KingBroly's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

I've missed you KingBroly.

I still play it. It's just the 'play it once a week when the Challenges come out' kinda thing.

But since I went on vacation and just got back, having to update it now frustrates me greatly.
Turbanator
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:14 AM)
Turbanator's Avatar
I know I'm a little late here, but it was outright said after SFV's launch that OSFIV was a test for newer members of the fighting dev team to prove they could handle making a full project.
nded
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:21 AM)
nded's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turbanator

I know I'm a little late here, but it was outright said after SFV's launch that OSFIV was a test for newer members of the fighting dev team to prove they could handle making a full project.

Omega mode? I guess remixing characters is a pretty good way to get up to speed on tools and workflow.
SolarPowered
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:49 AM)
SolarPowered's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingBroly

Well it's bad design, whoever implemented it that way. Simply unacceptable to have it download 20 MB/s for like a minute then to slowly degrade to 0 as it writes to the HDD

EDIT: Probably just quicker to delete it and re-download the entire game at this point. What a terrible system

EDIT: It's still giving me the same problems after about 5 gigs. Who threw this thing together, Konami?

I feel bad for anyone that has less than 50Mbps download speeds and plays this game. The updates are way too big.
kikiribu
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:18 AM)
kikiribu's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Trying some trials with characters I never play as.

Goddamnit why are my fingers so garbage at linking charge moves in combos. It's like I have no idea what I'm doing.

I did all Urien Trials no problem. Bison no problem. Chun Volume 2? Just kill me
Turbanator
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:44 AM)
Turbanator's Avatar
Nothing will ever beat Karin's V1 Trial 6. It took me over 2 hours to get that piece of shit to connect.
MrCarter
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:39 AM)
MrCarter's Avatar
Still no new video from Maximillian? He was whining for “casual” content like Arcade and new V-triggers for each character since the game was released lol.
Village
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:48 AM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCarter

Still no new video from Maximillian? He was whining for “casual” content like Arcade and new V-triggers for each character since the game was released lol.

He's on vacation

He's living his life with his friends and his wife enjoying his vacation. All video's on his channel for the past while have been shit he's recorded since before vacation

He will most likely make a video after vacation
Femto.
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:10 AM)
Femto.'s Avatar
If anything, SFV:AE probably will give Max hope for MvC:i to get a similar treatment down the line. At least it has for me.

Capcom is finally starting to gain the good will of people with regard to SFV, Sagat will seal the deal.

Hopefully MvC:i can get turned around in the future. The only, and biggest, problem is: whether Disney Marvel wants to play ball.
MrCarter
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:21 AM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Village

He's on vacation

He's living his life with his friends and his wife enjoying his vacation. All video's on his channel for the past while have been shit he's recorded since before vacation

He will most likely make a video after vacation

Ah that’s why there are “click bait videos” and “is story mode important?” videos up now. They are clearly fillers.
Marvel
could never
(10-07-2017, 10:37 AM)
Marvel's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Trying some trials with characters I never play as.

Goddamnit why are my fingers so garbage at linking charge moves in combos. It's like I have no idea what I'm doing.

You'll get there. I was the same, now I can't not play charge. Fits me perfect.

When I play any other style, shoto or whatever I make waaaay more mistakes. For some reason charge characters force me to play a lot more aware of jump-ins, AA and good blocking.
TheSpoiler
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:29 AM)
TheSpoiler's Avatar
God damn hotdog29

Woke up to fuudo getting it by a bison player
Spman2099
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:25 PM)
Spman2099's Avatar

Originally Posted by Femto.

If anything, SFV:AE probably will give Max hope for MvC:i to get a similar treatment down the line. At least it has for me.

Yeah, I don't expect Max will give two shits about Street Fighter V getting new content. He will pay a little lip service, but it seems more likely that he will spin it as a positive for MvC:I as he is in love with that game.
Village
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:42 PM)
Village's Avatar
Max said his interest will rise with certain characters + gameplay changes, while new v triggers and skills is something max was interested in. He might be simular to myself be dissapointed in the lack of new supers


On another note, I need to know what ed's new v stuff is
MechaX
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:43 PM)
MechaX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spman2099

Yeah, I don't expect Max will give two shits about Street Fighter V getting new content. He will pay a little lip service, but it seems more likely that he will spin it as a positive for MvC:I as he is in love with that game.

Pretty much. And given that Capcom is not as AAA as they seem to think they are, I highly doubt they are going to do the same for MvC:I (especially if the NPD sales are catastrophic). They may try to bleed people into buying the Season Pass as a way to recoup some money though. If they are going to choose one game to throw their weight into as a last ditch effort, it is definitely going to be SFV.

And if Monster Hunter World bombs... hoo boy, we'll see what happens to Capcom after that
Romars202129
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:54 PM)
Romars202129's Avatar
Eh, don't care for max personally. He's too... corny I guess? Hes so Mr Rogers plays fighting games, but not far enough in that direction that it becomes awesome.
Village
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:03 PM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by Romars202129

Eh, don't care for max personally. He's too... corny I guess? Hes so Mr Rogers plays fighting games, but not far enough in that direction that it becomes awesome.

How so?

I watch he streams, I would not call that guy mr rodgers. I'm super interested on why you think that, its an interesting descriptor. Mr . Rodgers seems really chill
Romars202129
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:08 PM)
Romars202129's Avatar

Originally Posted by Village

How so?

I watch he streams, I would not call that guy mr rodgers. I'm super interested on why you think that, its an interesting descriptor. Mr . Rodgers seems really chill

Rodgers seems more uptight than chill to me, which is max to me as well. Add that I don't share a lot of his opinions to that, and hes just not the (LPer?) for me.
MrCarter
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:11 PM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Romars202129

Eh, don't care for max personally. He's too... corny I guess? Hes so Mr Rogers plays fighting games, but not far enough in that direction that it becomes awesome.

I don’t take him too seriously either but although his audience are like sheep I still think it’s a large casual audience to cater to.
KingBroly
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:14 PM)
KingBroly's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

I feel bad for anyone that has less than 50Mbps download speeds and plays this game. The updates are way too big.

For me, it was a problem of it'd download at 20-30 MBps for a while, then just tank to almost nothing for a while. Never had it be that bad before. It's probably a mobo problem combined with some Steam servers being so bad (which is happening more and more these days)
Takamura-San
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:15 PM)
Takamura-San's Avatar
Tokido with the tape measure tech !!!!
Trickster
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:33 PM)
Trickster's Avatar
Laura mobiliy is so gross man
CountBlack
(10-07-2017, 01:36 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trickster

Laura mobiliy is so gross man

her walkspeed tho
LakeEarth
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:42 PM)
LakeEarth's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpoiler

Nash never trained Abel, just saw him do a sonic boom in the Alpha series during the ruckus in the Alpha games .Presumably that's when the base was blowing up, so Nash shouldn't have been there given that he died in A2 but Capcom could write it off and say one of the Seth dolls with downloaded data did it.

Abel just said to Guile that he'd seen a sonic boom before, but never specified who he saw do it. Since Seth did sonic booms, I just assumed they meant it was him, not Nash.
Zombegoast
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:01 PM)
Zombegoast's Avatar
Abel didn't give a shit who Nash was in story mode.
The Omega Man
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:03 PM)
The Omega Man's Avatar
You guys watching the TW Fighter Major 2017? Daigo still got it
lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:51 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Mr Rogers wouldn't call animated women dank whores.
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:53 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar
such patience
VariantX
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Spman2099

Yeah, I don't expect Max will give two shits about Street Fighter V getting new content. He will pay a little lip service, but it seems more likely that he will spin it as a positive for MvC:I as he is in love with that game.

He's definitely going to play arcade mode. He already did so for USF2 of all things, just to see the endings of the new "evil" characters. He always does his "boss rage" series of videos if the climb to the top of the arcade ladder was particularly difficult on stream.
Romars202129
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:03 PM)
Romars202129's Avatar
Anyone on right now? Going for the 10 lounge thing with no luck. Could use a partner
kikiribu
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:03 PM)
kikiribu's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Mr Rogers wouldn't call animated women dank whores.

Max said that?
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:13 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar
that's like his catchphrase.
Blueblur1
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:58 PM)
Blueblur1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Village

He's on vacation

He's living his life with his friends and his wife enjoying his vacation. All video's on his channel for the past while have been shit he's recorded since before vacation

He will most likely make a video after vacation

Taking those donations and going on vacation 😏
JusDoIt
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:06 PM)
JusDoIt's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCarter

Still no new video from Maximillian? He was whining for “casual” content like Arcade and new V-triggers for each character since the game was released lol.

Max hates SFV for the same reason he hated SFIV.

Ken is ugly.

So don't expect any videos from him saying SFV is all good now.
nded
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:11 PM)
nded's Avatar

Originally Posted by kikiribu

Max said that?

Multiple times.
kirblar
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:17 PM)
kirblar's Avatar
SF is never going to be an open ended game like Marvel, and that type of lab freedom is what a guy like Max likes.
Marvel
could never
(10-07-2017, 04:18 PM)
Marvel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

that's like his catchphrase.

Indeed.
VariantX
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

that's like his catchphrase.

Pretty much .

Something like "Dank __________!!"

Just fill in the blank with something...anything
MatrixMan.EXE
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:21 PM)
MatrixMan.EXE's Avatar
I still have no fucking clue how to approach fighting Kolin. Just seems to have an answer for everything Cammy does.
JusDoIt
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:22 PM)
JusDoIt's Avatar

Originally Posted by kirblar

SF is never going to be an open ended game like Marvel, and that type of lab freedom is what a guy like Max likes.

What Max really likes is doods with long blond hair. Shoto doods like Ken, all American doods like Terry Bogard, and robot doods like Zero.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:27 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by JusDoIt

What Max really likes is doods with long blond hair. Shoto doods like Ken, all American doods like Terry Bogard, and robot doods like Zero.

He also likes Fulgore in KI. While he doesn't have long blonde hair, he has a ponytail of red "hair"
JusDoIt
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:32 PM)
JusDoIt's Avatar
Close enough.

Thread Tools