Since its release on the 16th of february 2016, the game has been updated with a number things:
Also capcom has been adding cool little profiles on the CFN website, you can find them all in this handy list
- Direct Input controller support
- Background Music Select
- Updated Rage Quit System > Anytime a player disconnects during a match, their League Points will be deducted as if it was a loss; good/bad behaviour icons
- VS. CPU
- 11 extra playable characters
- A free cinematic story mode
- Free Chun-Li and Ryu Story costumes
- Survival no longer quits on disconnect, and will prompt relog in on completion for FM.
- Favourite character selection remembers costume and colour > This means you can now switch between multiple characters without setting their costume/colour each time
- Online stats tracker on the CFN website, sign up here.
- Challenge mode:
- Combo Trials
- Combo Trials S2
- Daily (weekly) Targets for 100-5000 FM
- Stage transitions for all default stages
- Updated stage interactables/NPCs on DLC stages
- Improved matchmaking for matching with similar skill
- Online rematch, 2 out of 3
- 8 Player lobbies
- 8f is now 6.5f
Sept 25 - New Street Fighter V costumes, stage, and music packs available September 26! (Capcom Blog)
July 27 - "@StreetFighter:The CFN web page has received a major update. Sign-in with your PSN or Steam account to access many new features "
This is the V-Gauge; it's found in the bottom corner of your characters' side of the screen. V-Gauges can contain either two or three bars, depending on the characters. Your V-Gauge fills up mostly by taking damage, and bars are required to use a V-Reversal move (one bar) or V-Trigger (all bars). V-Skill does not require any bars.
V-Skills are unique to each character and can be used at any time, fills the V-Gauge on "succesful" use. Activated by pressing mp + mk at the same time.
When one or more of your V-Gauge bars is filled, you can use a V-Reversal. V-Reversals are counter attacks to break out of your opponent's pressure, and costs 1 bar of your V-Gauge. Activated during guard by pressing forward + lp+mp+hp or lk+mk+hk at the same time.
When your V-Gauge is completely full, you can use your V-Trigger. V-Triggers are character specific; some drain the V-Gauge slowly, while others deplete it as soon as the move is used. Activated by pressing hp + hk at the same time.
A TOTAL OF 27 CHARACTERS ARE CURRENTLY PLAYABLE
More details on CFN website
There's 2 types of "dlc" in SFV
Unlockable content (FM and real money) and Premium content (real money only)
- Characters - 100k FM / $5.99 / €5.99
- Story Costumes - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Colours 11-15 - These range between 2k-20k FM
- All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
- All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
- All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Season pass grants all the below colours as well
- All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Alt stages - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29
- New stages - 70k FM / $3.99 / €3.99
- Titles - 5k FM
- Profile designs - 5k FM
Premium costumes come with all the colours
- Costumes - $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29
- All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
- lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds.
What content is a part of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC?
When you purchase any of the content below you will be supporting the Capcom Pro Tour and boosting the Capcom Cup prize pool. These items can be found within the in-game store in Street Fighter V.
The previous pack has not returned since removal.
The 2016 pack has been removed on November 29th along with the Halloween DLC - the prizepool for Capcom Cup 2016 was raised with $150k
- Capcom Pro Tour Costumes - $5.99 / €5.99
- Capcom Pro Tour Stage - $9.99 / €9.99
- Capcom Pro Tour Bundle (PS4 only, includes extra colours and titles) - $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99
Q: Still no arcade mode?!
A: Arcade mode is included in the announced "Arcade Edition".
Q: Super Street Fighter V?
A: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition has been announced, set for release january 16th, the game's update model is structured as such that all balance updates are free, so the playerbase will never be fragmented.
Q: So the Season 2 roster?
A: You can see the 5 released characters below, the last one will be Zeku. Fan favourites like Sagat remain highly requested. The following characters have shown up in the story and could possibly show up in future seasons:
Q: What percentage of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC revenue is going to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool?
A: A minimum of 30% of the revenue will go to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool, and an additional 50% of the revenue is invested into Capcom Pro Tour production. That means that Capcom contributes more than 80% of all CPT DLC revenue directly to support Capcom Pro Tour initiatives.
Q: Where can I go to find all that juicy frame data?
A: FATonline is a good place to start.
Q: How can I get Fight Money?
A: Fight Money is only available if you are connected to the server; if you are playing Street Fighter V in offline mode, you will not earn any Fight Money, even when you log back in after the fact. You can earn Fight Money through the following activities:
Q: Why can't I chip people out?
- General Story
- Character Story
- Ranked Match
- Casual Match
- Fight Money cannot be earned in Battle Lounges.
- Read this handy guide on earning FM
A: Chip damage can only KO an opponent if it is chip damage from a Critical Art.
Q: What is the priority system?
A: Supers > Specials = Heavy > Medium > Light.
Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up
Q: Wait, so how does crossplay work?
A: The game has its own matchmaking system called "Capcom Fighters Network" or CFN for short, this allows people to match even if they are on Steam or PSN
Q: Is SFV forgotten?
Q: Why is online so laggy?!
A: Please don't play online if you are on Wi-Fi, likewise you might be getting matched with Wi-Fi connections. Also there are a bunch of ports required for proper communictation:
TCP: 80, 443, 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870
UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879
Q: Help! My game crashed during updating and now just keeps crashing.
A: Try what user Demoli posted
Q: I saw an almost naked Urien, how?!
A: Hold "jab(lp)+ forward(mk)+ fierce(hp)" during loading up until you see the new animation
- Greece: CFN Ca55hern - Nash diamond
- Pakistan: CFN lucebuce - F.A.N.G ultra platinum
- Gipsy Danger,
- Canada: CFN LakeEarth - Alex platinum
- Brazil: CFN SephLuis - Juri platinum
OT8 Wall of shame