• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

brentech
Member
(08-07-2017, 04:41 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Cutler probably looked as good as he ever did in his career under Gase and it would have been better if Fox ball didn't kill their flow.
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(08-07-2017, 04:51 PM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar
What's funny is my brother in law is praising this move too. Wisconsinites get it!
ph33nix
MWO
(08-07-2017, 05:01 PM)
ph33nix's Avatar
Cutler - will be broken by week 8
RGIII - will be broken 8 minutes into the season
Kaepernick - Cubans in Miami dislike him for good reason

Our options sucked anyways
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 05:26 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar
Kaepernick put up the vast majority of his "good" numbers last year blowouts and against a lot of bad defenses. Check out the game situation block:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0/splits/2016/
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-07-2017, 05:32 PM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

Kaepernick put up the vast majority of his "good" numbers last year blowouts and against a lot of bad defenses. Check out the game situation block:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0/splits/2016/

His performance has little to do with why he's unsigned
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 05:42 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar
ok
Ferny
Member
(08-07-2017, 05:45 PM)
Ferny's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrenchMovieTheme

His performance has little to do with why he's unsigned

lol what? If he was amazing, he would have been signed by now. He sucks so why sign the guy if he isn't all that great and he has baggage. It's not a good business move.
ph33nix
MWO
(08-07-2017, 05:49 PM)
ph33nix's Avatar
He has baggage only if your organization fucking sucks and can't deal with a little extra outside noise. A solid organization would shut that shit down. You happen to root for one that is a catastrophic disaster, Ferny. I understand why you'd want to steer clear!

He should be in the league, period. "He sucks" well so do a bunch of other scrubs that have jobs. He's getting fucked and blackballed. Call it what it is.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 05:52 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by ph33nix

He has baggage only if your organization fucking sucks and can't deal with a little extra outside noise. A solid organization would shut that shit down. You happen to root for one that is a catastrophic disaster, Ferny. I understand why you'd want to steer clear!

He should be in the league, period. "He sucks" well so do a bunch of other scrubs that have jobs. He's getting fucked and blackballed. Call it what it is.

No one is entitled to be in the NFL.
ph33nix
MWO
(08-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
ph33nix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

No one is entitled to be in the NFL.

I didn't say exactly that. Let me reword: he deserves to be in the league. I'm saying to stop using his skill set as the primary reason he doesn't have a job at all. Take away all that other shit, he would have been signed elsewhere in an instant.

And yeah, I get the "He isn't worth the baggage" statement, the bottom line for league owners is money. But I still maintain that if your franchise can't deal with the baggage, then you're not a very good one.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 05:58 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by ph33nix

I didn't say exactly that. Let me reword: he deserves to be in the league. I'm saying to stop using his skill set as the primary reason he doesn't have a job at all. Take away all that other shit, he would have been signed elsewhere in an instant.

And yeah, I get the "He isn't worth the baggage" statement, the bottom line for league owners is money. But I still maintain that if your franchise can't deal with the baggage, then you're not a very good one.

There really aren't that many bad backup QB's on their second deal. I think we did this earlier in the off-season and it was like Gabbert and Geno were the only ones worse at football than Kaep. Especially when you factor in the backups role on a team with an established starter is to help with game prep. Kaep would definitely be the football dumbest backup QB on a non-rookie deal, which isn't terribly useful.

He makes sense for the Jets, the 49ers (lol) and...that's the list. The Jets want to lose and he burned his bridge in SF so what's left to him? He's just a bad fit in most systems.
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-07-2017, 06:01 PM)
CB3's Avatar
Its weird to me that this argument is still happening months later.

Does his talent warrant a spot on a roster, especially considering other QB's in the NFL? Yes.
Is he being blackballed? Sure seems like it.
Is that fair? No.
Should he have realized this would probably be the outcome for doing what he did in a league owned by a bunch of old white guys? Probably.

As eznark said, its not a right to be in a private sports league. Its not "right", but thats just how life is. I think people have higher expectations than they should for people at the moment. Especially rich old farts.
ph33nix
MWO
(08-07-2017, 06:03 PM)
ph33nix's Avatar

Originally Posted by CB3

Its weird to me that this argument is still happening months later.

Does his talent warrant a spot on a roster, especially considering other QB's in the NFL? Yes.
Is he being blackballed? Sure seems like it.
Is that fair? No.
Should he have realized this would probably be the outcome for doing what he did in a league owned by a bunch of old white guys? Probably.

As eznark said, its not a right to be in a private sports league. Its not "right", but thats just how life is. I think people have higher expectations than they should for people at the moment. Especially rich old farts.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this all. Eznark isn't wrong either. I've just seen so many people who are absolutely adamant this has nothing to do with his politics. That's kind of baffling to me.

I don't really think "system" applies to backup QB anyways. They simplify the shit out of the playbook for any backup. He's not a complete dummy.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 06:20 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by ph33nix

I don't really think "system" applies to backup QB anyways. They simplify the shit out of the playbook for any backup. He's not a complete dummy.

You misunderstand. Most teams with established guys either have a rookie contract guy (Packers w/ Hundley) or a Brains-no-talent guy (Colts w/ Tolzien). Hundley is obviously a project and the Packers hope to build him up an flip him. Tolzien is basically an extra coach. I look at Kaepernick as a slightly younger Seneca Wallace (when they were at the end of their careers). Kaepernick adds absolutely nothing to your team if he isn't starting. You can't flip him, he can't help in the film room and he probably is a shitty scout team QB given his inability to do so many things at the position. So, like Wallace, teams will give him a call midseason when a starter or backup gets hurt and they feel like it's an emergency. You know you'll have to rip out most of the playbook anyway, so there is no value in him taking up a roster spot until you absolutely need him.

Geno fits the second one...I don't know where the fuck Gabbert falls. I don't understand why Arians would want him, but Bruce does Bruce things.
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-07-2017, 06:29 PM)
CB3's Avatar
Id point out that Mike Vick backed up the rapist on the steelers for like two seasons, years past him being any good. You can look at guys like Tavaris Jackson/Josh Jackson as examples of guys that were backups for a quite a while without being good. A few of one read and get the fuck out guys.

I wouldnt say its commonplace, but it happens, especially with guys that have had the heights of Kap, even if recent history doesnt quite match up.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 06:44 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar
Yeah those guys had a good run from like 2011-2013 when teams thought there might be a future in the run first QB. That died rapidly.
DJ Bowser
Member
(08-07-2017, 07:02 PM)
DJ Bowser's Avatar
In other Dolphins news, Jarvis Landry is being investigated for battery during an incident with his girlfriend. Bad season.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-07-2017, 07:12 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar
He is blowing you a kiss, phee!



cdyhybrid
(08-07-2017, 08:07 PM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by DJ Bowser

In other Dolphins news, Jarvis Landry is being investigated for battery during an incident with his girlfriend. Bad season.

It's fine, he didn't kneel during the anthem. No harm no foul!
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(08-07-2017, 08:12 PM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

It's fine, he didn't kneel during the anthem. No harm no foul!

That's not how these things work. All that matters is if it's filmed or not. Kaeps kneel was nationally televised!


And this seems like a real weird one... neighbors called cops after hearing yelling, his gf is denying things happenedand when the police showed up they determined no1 was hurt or in danger but it's somehow went down as a battery charge? Or maybe a different family member was involved? Confusing from what I'm getting at deadspin.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin....1797600793/amp
Last edited by TheDrizzlerJ11; 08-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.
DJ Bowser
Member
(08-07-2017, 11:25 PM)
DJ Bowser's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDrizzlerJ11

That's not how these things work. All that matters is if it's filmed or not. Kaeps kneel was nationally televised!

To a degree.

But our culture loves boot-licking any symbols of authority. You can hit a woman, but don't you dare insinuate police brutality is real.
Claude Dallas
Member
(08-08-2017, 03:58 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by DJ Bowser

To a degree.

But our culture loves boot-licking any symbols of authority. You can hit a woman, but don't you dare insinuate police brutality is real.

You can do whatever you want as long as you have the talent. That is and has always been the case. The only real clear outlier is Kerry Rhodes.
Rorschach
Quis custodiet ipsos Batman?
(08-08-2017, 08:04 PM)
Rorschach's Avatar

EE Sama. Crow is sulking right now.
Purple Cheeto
Member
(08-08-2017, 08:20 PM)
Best Buy is offering $25* off Madden 18 if you trade in Madden 17.

*$15 gift card and $10 towards Madden 18, also $10 in GCU if you preorder.
DCX
DCX
(08-09-2017, 05:20 PM)
DCX's Avatar
Welp. I guess Freeman is my Madden RB :(

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(08-09-2017, 07:07 PM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

You can do whatever you want as long as you have the talent. That is and has always been the case. The only real clear outlier is Kerry Rhodes.

Ray Rice?
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-09-2017, 07:22 PM)
CB3's Avatar
Ray Rice's stats fell off a cliff before he punched his wifes face in.
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(08-09-2017, 07:52 PM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar

Originally Posted by CB3

Ray Rice's stats fell off a cliff before he punched his wifes face in.

Had 1 bad year and all of the Ravens sucked that year. But you're right.
TheLostBigBoss
Member
(08-09-2017, 11:25 PM)
TheLostBigBoss's Avatar
EA just dropped actual gameplay (sim footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82uENZbNRkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaum...ature=youtu.be
pistolpete2940
Member
(08-09-2017, 11:39 PM)
pistolpete2940's Avatar
I'm here

Phee you better not pull that foul shit you tried last season
Last edited by pistolpete2940; 08-09-2017 at 11:42 PM.
ph33nix
MWO
(08-10-2017, 12:02 AM)
ph33nix's Avatar

Originally Posted by pistolpete2940

I'm here

Phee you better not pull that foul shit you tried last season

Already claimed the Raiders. Find a different team
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-10-2017, 12:48 AM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLostBigBoss

EA just dropped actual gameplay (sim footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82uENZbNRkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaum...ature=youtu.be

Yep, it's madden
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-10-2017, 12:48 AM)
CB3's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrenchMovieTheme

Yep, it's madden

Thats a bummer.
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-10-2017, 12:51 AM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar

Originally Posted by CB3

Thats a bummer.

People could have seen identical videos 2 months ago, the E3 stuff has been on YouTube. Don't know why some were expecting a frostbite change (for better or worse)
pistolpete2940
Member
(08-10-2017, 01:32 AM)
pistolpete2940's Avatar

Originally Posted by ph33nix

Already claimed the Raiders. Find a different team

Fuck you
ph33nix
MWO
(08-10-2017, 02:21 AM)
ph33nix's Avatar

Originally Posted by pistolpete2940

Fuck you

Love you too Pete
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-10-2017, 02:21 AM)
CB3's Avatar
Rorschach
Quis custodiet ipsos Batman?
(08-10-2017, 07:47 AM)
Rorschach's Avatar
Raiders are taken? Guess I won't play this year! Next year, though!
BigAT
Banned
(08-10-2017, 04:05 PM)
BigAT's Avatar
http://www.pastapadre.com/2017/08/10...-madden-nfl-18
TheLostBigBoss
Member
(08-10-2017, 04:49 PM)
TheLostBigBoss's Avatar

Customizable Draft Board

Madden 18 also delivers one of the top community request, a Customizable Draft Board. Organize your players as you prepare for the draft using a sortable draft board. Drag and drop players the same way you set your lineup on the Team page in the Franchise hub. Its easy and gives you more control than ever.

Draft Logic

Whether you miss the draft in your multi-user league or sim past one playing solo, the CPU will make decisions based on your draft board. For a more authentic drafting process, weve added a max drafted player per position limit and a cooldown per position when the CPU is drafting. Expect the CPU to draft more authentically in Madden 18.

Finally!
ph33nix
MWO
(08-10-2017, 05:19 PM)
ph33nix's Avatar
About fucking time!
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-10-2017, 06:00 PM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigAT

http://www.pastapadre.com/2017/08/10...-madden-nfl-18

Some good stuff in here:

Off ball injuries
Less severe injuries
Free agents will no longer accept low ball offers during fa period but what about general fa?
Better progression regression logic
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(08-10-2017, 06:10 PM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar
Holy shit, they're listening to our feedback?!?!
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-10-2017, 06:24 PM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDrizzlerJ11

Holy shit, they're listening to our feedback?!?!

Hopefully the gameplay is adequate. I haven't really followed lead passing but it looked weird in the vids I saw
Rorschach
Quis custodiet ipsos Batman?
(08-10-2017, 06:32 PM)
Rorschach's Avatar
It's 2017 does Madden have spectator mode?
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-10-2017, 07:06 PM)
CB3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rorschach

It's 2017 does Madden have spectator mode?

Only if one person is streaming on twitch.
Last edited by CB3; 08-10-2017 at 07:09 PM.
JABEE
Member
(08-10-2017, 10:02 PM)
JABEE's Avatar
How is it going?
JABEE
Member
(08-10-2017, 10:03 PM)
JABEE's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDrizzlerJ11

Holy shit, they're listening to our feedback?!?!

There is a sleeper agent in this thread!
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(08-11-2017, 01:19 AM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar
CB and I have struck a deal for him to be in the league this year (presuming the game isn't shit). The league is safe and sound again!
CB3
intangibles, motherfucker
(08-11-2017, 01:19 AM)
CB3's Avatar
So. Im back. Contingent on the game not being a complete disaster. FMT has addressed my main concern . But honestly, the number one reason is that I just cant bear to have AZ in control of the Eagles. Sorry, buddy.

Thread Tools