• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

lucebuce12
Member
(10-04-2017, 03:35 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
YYOOOOO ATOM LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!

He might single handedly get me back in the game.
Nori Chan
Member
(10-04-2017, 03:36 AM)
Nori Chan's Avatar
Holy shit. That is greatest thing I have ever seen.


POTATO QUALITY VIDEO
HelloNewman
Member
(10-04-2017, 04:01 AM)
HelloNewman's Avatar
Too bad Atom won't have a CW costume I really like his Legends of Tomorrow outfit.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-04-2017, 04:15 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Official Trailer
caliph95
Member
(10-04-2017, 04:27 AM)
caliph95's Avatar
Surprise character COURTESY OF RAY PALMER
karasu
Likes his fat guys jiggly
(10-04-2017, 04:45 AM)
karasu's Avatar
It's Ryan Choi? 😱
Tabby
Member
(10-04-2017, 08:49 AM)
Tabby's Avatar
Sheeet, Ryan Choi? Asian represent. I love it.
Ravelle
Member
(10-04-2017, 10:05 AM)
Ravelle's Avatar
Damn, I did not expect a reveal out of nowhere. Awesome!
delSai
Member
(10-04-2017, 11:32 AM)
delSai's Avatar
Aw yeah, shrinking! T'was a neat lil surprise.

Originally Posted by karasu

How to get source crystals! I want Black Lightning not Taiden.

Either by levelling your profile or spending 4,99 lol, if you just started playing getting enough for a skin wont take too long.
Melkezadek
Member
(10-04-2017, 01:01 PM)
Melkezadek's Avatar
Weren't Ultimate Edition owners supposed to get Black Lightning for free?
Garlador
Member
(10-04-2017, 01:33 PM)
Garlador's Avatar

Originally Posted by Melkezadek

Weren't Ultimate Edition owners supposed to get Black Lightning for free?

We did. I did.
You have to download him from the store separate from Raiden (even though it uses Raiden's pic on the store).
Melkezadek
Member
(10-04-2017, 01:45 PM)
Melkezadek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garlador

We did. I did.
You have to download him from the store separate from Raiden (even though it uses Raiden's pic on the store).

Awesome, thank you!

Sucks he's just a skin. I'd have liked to use gear with him.
CaptNink
Member
(10-04-2017, 05:06 PM)
CaptNink's Avatar
Holy crap! Atom looks awesome!
JStein0222
Member
(10-04-2017, 07:46 PM)
JStein0222's Avatar
Do we know who the other 2 characters in Atom's pack are? Also is there any kind of pattern with the characters being released? Should we expect Hellboy in November? December?
Ryce
Member
(10-04-2017, 07:54 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

Do we know who the other 2 characters in Atom's pack are? Also is there any kind of pattern with the characters being released? Should we expect Hellboy in November? December?

We've been getting a character each month since June, and with Atom confirmed for a December release, Hellboy is most likely coming out in November.
Grimsen
Member
(10-04-2017, 08:08 PM)
Grimsen's Avatar
Had quite abit of fun with Raiden and BL yesterday, just Multiverse so far, no training mode.

Had to get rid of his boob window, though. Who on earth thought that was a good idea??. His other chest pieces are good. He also has cool hats.
CaptNink
Member
(10-05-2017, 12:27 AM)
CaptNink's Avatar
Lost gear to be returned!

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Off...es/m-p/1682932

Over the next few hours we’ll be rolling out a fix to return lost Gear to our affected users. You’ll need to reboot your console to get the update. Keep in mind it may take some time for your Gear to sync. Thank you for your patience!

patchday
Member
(10-05-2017, 03:47 AM)
patchday's Avatar
Yeah glad gafs getting their items and shaders back

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

YYOOOOO ATOM LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!

He might single handedly get me back in the game.

most creative character ever shown in a fighter maybe? Granted GG Xrd comes so close with some or will be a tie
Slamtastic
(10-05-2017, 06:20 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar

Originally Posted by patchday

most creative character ever shown in a fighter maybe? Granted GG Xrd comes so close with some or will be a tie

I bet it's all canned animation stuff.

Mechanically I don't expect controlling Atom to be anything as interesting or unique feeling as KI, Xrd, or BlazBlue characters.
ZeroX03
Member
(10-05-2017, 06:31 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar
That trailer was way more chopped up than normal. I suspect he's normal size the majority of the time.

The moves against RF are probably his super. The 'combo' stuff all had him start from regular size. The rest are likely specials/throws.
JStein0222
Member
(10-06-2017, 02:23 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar
Kinda wish there was an easy way to use gear but keep the look of the default gear. Getting sick of how dumb some of my characters look
Hamoody
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:52 PM)
Hamoody's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

Kinda wish there was an easy way to use gear but keep the look of the default gear. Getting sick of how dumb some of my characters look

I agree, my Joker looks retarded with the best gear I have.
JStein0222
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:07 PM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hamoody

I agree, my Joker looks retarded with the best gear I have.

This is why I'm desperate for premiere skins based on classic costumes or movie/tv show looks. But it really doesn't look like they'll ever go that route because of the gear system
Khezu
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:18 PM)
Khezu's Avatar
The secret 7th member of the Justice League movie is actually Chris Lambert Raiden.

Makes total sense.
JAXXX
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:42 PM)
JAXXX's Avatar
Seeing Raiden's (to a lesser extent,SubZero)gear options, has me hoping that NRS will implement just the visual aspect of the gear system to MK11.

I prefer the variation system to the current inj2 gear system tho...
Crankshaft
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:58 PM)
Crankshaft's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

This is why I'm desperate for premiere skins based on classic costumes or movie/tv show looks. But it really doesn't look like they'll ever go that route because of the gear system

The gear system was an interesting concept but I'm not attached to it. I have a ton of gear and I look at all my characters with their different load outs and I never feel like I favor one over another.
JAXXX
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:40 AM)
JAXXX's Avatar
echofox THEO's thoughts on INJUSTICE2



cho Fox | Theo‏ @FGC_Theo Oct 5
More
Anyone who is interested in my serious thoughts about Injustice 2 and its journey throughout the year. It's a worthwhile read, I promise.







Compbros
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:53 AM)
Compbros's Avatar
Anybody getting into competitive gaming needs to realize they have to do it for the fun and love of the competition because 95 of people will never see a dime.
JStein0222
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:13 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by JAXXX

Seeing Raiden's (to a lesser extent,SubZero)gear options, has me hoping that NRS will implement just the visual aspect of the gear system to MK11.

I prefer the variation system to the current inj2 gear system tho...

Originally Posted by Crankshaft

The gear system was an interesting concept but I'm not attached to it. I have a ton of gear and I look at all my characters with their different load outs and I never feel like I favor one over another.

It wouldn't be SO bad if it didn't feel so limiting.

I wish we could make our own skins that weren't tied to gear. Let me explain:
Spend X amount of source crystals and you get to make a shader/skin option. When you select that option, you use those visual customizations over any gear you want. That way, even after unlocking "better" gear, you can keep using the look you want.

I think this could work because, right now, I never use crystals to change how my gear looks because I'm afraid I'll just get a better piece and need to do it again.
patchday
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:35 PM)
patchday's Avatar

Originally Posted by Compbros

Anybody getting into competitive gaming needs to realize they have to do it for the fun and love of the competition because 95 of people will never see a dime.

That sucks I wish NRS could somehow find more ways to make money from the tour rather then the indirect benefits (marketing, game & dlc sales)
karasu
Likes his fat guys jiggly
(10-08-2017, 02:58 AM)
karasu's Avatar
Black Lightning looks like Gucci Mane
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-08-2017, 09:19 AM)
Anyone at NYCC going to this?
Wingfan19
Member
(10-09-2017, 11:34 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Do the premiere skins change the character from hero to villain in terms of gear perks? Like if I fight Reverse Flash with a hero that has gear that does extra damage to villains, does it work? Or is Reverse Flash still considered a hero since he's using Flash's base slot?
JAXXX
Member
(10-10-2017, 12:26 AM)
JAXXX's Avatar
Echo Fox | Theo‏ @FGC_Theo 4h4 hours ago
More
Announcing my podcast on Twitch! Every Thursdays at 8pm EST starting 10/19. Tune in for 1on1 interviews with the most prominent FGC members!


2n2
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:20 AM)
Legendary Tentacles acquired!




Was it worth it? Nah, not really. I only wanted it for the light effects. Brainiac is one of the few whose Legendary piece provides any significant visual variation. That and just to do one out of stubbornness. I don't even play in gear enabled mode online.

It's probably the only one I'm going to try to get, as the grind is a pain. It's do-able, but a pain. I just did it while I watched TV recently, but still could have spent the time better learning Black Manta who I still haven't yet.
Melkezadek
Member
(10-10-2017, 01:47 PM)
Melkezadek's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2n2

Legendary Tentacles acquired!




Was it worth it? Nah, not really. I only wanted it for the light effects. Brainiac is one of the few whose Legendary piece provides any significant visual variation. That and just to do one out of stubbornness. I don't even play in gear enabled mode online.

It's probably the only one I'm going to try to get, as the grind is a pain. It's do-able, but a pain. I just did it while I watched TV recently, but still could have spent the time better learning Black Manta who I still haven't yet.

Black Manta is 100% my favorite character in the game now. Because of life, it took me awhile to sit down and play him, but once I did I fell in love. Really fun to use.
delSai
Member
(10-10-2017, 02:56 PM)
delSai's Avatar
The light on Brainiacs legendary gear is pretty neat. I'm doing Cheetahs on the side since i play her all the time anyway, might as well work towards her legendary.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-10-2017, 06:20 PM)
Holy shit, Black Lightning is the next US president in the comic.
Keym
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:38 PM)
Keym's Avatar
Brainiac's rave tentacles are ace.

Currently working on Batman's belt, going for Flash's next. I used the glitch to sacrifice unlimited gear for both, now the only thing stopping me is getting those guild boxes. No idea how you can get 100 gold/silver guild boxes in a reasonable amount of time.
Melkezadek
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:15 PM)
Melkezadek's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Holy shit, Black Lightning is the next US president in the comic.

Making the Southside great again.
JStein0222
Member
(10-10-2017, 11:43 PM)
JStein0222's Avatar
I don't know if I should be focusing on wanting gear to look less stupid, or hoping iconic skins are coming. It's bugging me so much how dumb my Flash and Superman look, while the mobile game gets the designs I want :'(
TotalMackerel
Member
(10-11-2017, 12:25 AM)
TotalMackerel's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

I don't know if I should be focusing on wanting gear to look less stupid, or hoping iconic skins are coming. It's bugging me so much how dumb my Flash and Superman look, while the mobile game gets the designs I want :'(

Yeah I feel the same way. I know I can use source crystals, but it's kind of a rip off.
JStein0222
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:07 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by TotalMackerel

Yeah I feel the same way. I know I can use source crystals, but it's kind of a rip off.

Right, just so I can change the look of better, but still ugly, gear.

It's mostly just weird to me that a superhero fighting game could come out this year, that looks THIS good, and not take advantage of the insane amount of alternate costumes and looks the characters already have established. Seems like easy money.

Then again, the gear should have almost entirely been made up of those alternative looks that already exist. It's weird that they felt the need to make a bunch of original components that are essentially "put more metal blocks on the thing"
ZeroX03
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:15 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar
Feels like they really dropped the ball with premier skins. There should have been heaps by now. Do they not want microtransaction money?
Khezu
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:47 AM)
Khezu's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Feels like they really dropped the ball with premier skins. There should have been heaps by now. Do they not want microtransaction money?

Is it really that shocking?
They barely released skins for any of their games.

They aren't even selling new gear.

I don't know if they are afraid of bad publicity, or just want to move on to the next game as soon as possible, but they leave a lot of money on the table.
JAXXX
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:48 AM)
JAXXX's Avatar
ArgyleReptile
Banned
(10-11-2017, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Feels like they really dropped the ball with premier skins. There should have been heaps by now. Do they not want microtransaction money?

I'll temporarily give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are probably focusing on refining the DLC characters first.

Hopefully they go all out after the last set, before moving on to the second season or Mortal Kombat.

The lack of gear is super disappointing though as there are a lot of characters who look terrible with their current gear.
ZeroX03
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:58 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khezu

Is it really that shocking?
They barely released skins for any of their games.

They aren't even selling new gear.

I don't know if they are afraid of bad publicity, or just want to move on to the next game as soon as possible, but they leave a lot of money on the table.

I feel like Injustice 1 had a much bigger range. I mean yeah it didn't have gear, but they still sold. I don't think anyone would be mad at premier skins, they know the deal there.

That gear is still given out like a F2P game despite not being able to spend any money on it is super weird. I don't know what they're doing. They should hand out gear like candy and have a bunch of premier skins to spend source crystals on. Seems they want to keep people through grinding not through just providing content that they'd like.

Originally Posted by ArgyleReptile

I'll temporarily give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are probably focusing on refining the DLC characters first.

Hopefully they go all out after the last set, before moving on to the second season or Mortal Kombat.

The lack of gear is super disappointing though as there are a lot of characters who look terrible with their current gear.

I mean it should be different teams working on it right? Unless they're that behind with DLC, which I doubt, they've been on the ball so far.
2n2
Member
(10-11-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by JStein0222

It's mostly just weird to me that a superhero fighting game could come out this year, that looks THIS good, and not take advantage of the insane amount of alternate costumes and looks the characters already have established. Seems like easy money.

That is the most baffling thing about this game to me. You've got one of the best looking superhero games, and you don't have any iconic costumes. It's massively disappointing. In the words of Brainiac, "a truly wasted effort."

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Feels like they really dropped the ball with premier skins. There should have been heaps by now. Do they not want microtransaction money?

Yeah, that too, given it's a WB game. I can kind of understand the lack of premiere skins due to the extra work needed for voices, and some not making sense as character swaps, but even still, there are quite a few that would work. But it's not like there's already a method for standard skins to work.

I can't figure it out. Maybe WB expected source crystals to being in enough money, that they didn't feel the need to do many skins, but the source crystal options are mostly colors, and a meager amount of actual premier skins. Maybe they feel like regular skins would devalue the gear concept and people would stop grinding and not want to use source crystals for colors and transforming gear as a result. But if they made standard skins purchasable by source crystals only, it seems like a win-win for them.

It's crazy that this is a WB game and people are begging for some superhero DLC skins to buy.
patchday
Member
(10-11-2017, 05:49 AM)
patchday's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Feels like they really dropped the ball with premier skins. There should have been heaps by now. Do they not want microtransaction money?

They were looking to make some extra cash from low-to-zero effort stuff like the transmog system they have that requires heaps of source crystals and the little shaders that do nothing but change colors.

Just simple little cash grabs

They not looking to spend time & effort on skins I guess they have way too much staff for that. What pays the bills is putting up the next AAA blockbuster game ;(

I'd rather just keep playing Injustice 2. I'm used to this-- they ditched us like this on Injustice 1 as well. sucks to see SFV go the long haul which had a wayyy worse launch but then see this game get abandoned pretty quick

[edit] And I know what some people are thinking. "But PatchDay! They have more DLC coming!" Yeah but for all we know the rest of DLC are already done which is fair since the game has been out for sometime now

Thread Tools