(01-06-2017, 04:30 AM)

perseusveil
(01-06-2017, 05:57 AM)

Originally Posted by HolyFridge

Great shot.
OtisInf
(01-06-2017, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Lime

What I wouldn't do for a singleplayer game in this engine (RPG / action adventure / Jedi Knight genre / etc.)

Mass Effect 4 isn't far away anymore ;)
Nero's Neptune
(01-06-2017, 11:37 AM)
No bullshot quality screens, just nice, 60FPS capable gameplay quality.

I'm finding myself more impressed with the game than I ever was, aside from maybe when it first launched. It's really a well-optimized engine. I get a near-perfect 60FPS, with drops to only about 50FPS. A slight annoyance, to be sure, but it's not a sudden drop. It feels like a gradual drop and raise so it never feels jerky.

It's kinda hard to believe it's already 4 years old.
OtisInf
(01-06-2017, 04:51 PM)
Interface_2037
Banned
(01-06-2017, 07:29 PM)
Batman Arkham Knight 2160p

Afro
(01-06-2017, 11:55 PM)

breeze
Thorgal
(01-07-2017, 01:53 AM)
Trying out new ENB that turns the game into a moving painting .

TheAdmiester
(01-07-2017, 02:00 AM)
This embedded version is 2048x1152 just to save you guys' bandwidth. Click it to view the full 7680x4320 version.

Immortal_Daemon
(01-07-2017, 03:13 AM)
What kinds of programs do you guys use to get above 4k? Nvidia's DSR doesn't let me go any higher. Creating custom resolutions doesn't work above 4k either.

PS: This game is like a really shitty version of Uncharted. As gorgeous as it is, I don't recommend it.
Parsnip
(01-07-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Immortal_Daemon

What kinds of programs do you guys use to get above 4k? Nvidia's DSR doesn't let me go any higher. Creating custom resolutions doesn't work above 4k either.

You can edit DSR resolutions, or maybe use SRWE if the game is cool with it.
dcx4610
(01-07-2017, 03:30 AM)
Obsessed with this game at the moment. Beautiful game and really fun to play.

TheAdmiester
(01-07-2017, 04:09 AM)

Mine is from a debug build of the game that allows me to render at any multiple of my screen res that the GPU can fit in memory.
Immortal_Daemon
(01-07-2017, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Parsnip

You can edit DSR resolutions, or maybe use SRWE if the game is cool with it.

I want to give that 'edit DSR resolutions' fix a shot, but I have some questions.

Do I need to include my current DSR settings into the calculator, or does this only count as additional settings?

Essentially, my current DSR looks like this:
https://abload.de/img/dsr82khp.png
Which gives me the following resolutions:
https://abload.de/img/currentresj6j0q.png

If I want to go above 4k, do I need to include those settings in my '10 new resolutions' or are the ten resolutions in addition to what I already have set?

Basically, do I want Option 1: https://abload.de/img/option1skzqe.png
Or Option 2, which would allow for even higher resolutions as part of my 10 options? https://abload.de/img/option2duy9x.png

I'm on a 980ti, so 4k is plenty for modern games, but I'd love to run older stuff at something like 10k if possible. The readme just isn't all that clear regarding my questions.

MAJOR THANK YOU in advance. You DeadEndThrills guys are doing God's work.
desmax
(01-07-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by dcx4610

Hey, only 2 screenshots per post.
Also, say the name of the game too; it may seem obvious to you, but some people may not know it
Alo81
Low Poly Gynecologist
(01-07-2017, 08:27 AM)

I want to give that 'edit DSR resolutions' fix a shot, but I have some questions.

Do I need to include my current DSR settings into the calculator, or does this only count as additional settings?

Essentially, my current DSR looks like this:
https://abload.de/img/dsr82khp.png
Which gives me the following resolutions:
https://abload.de/img/currentresj6j0q.png

If I want to go above 4k, do I need to include those settings in my '10 new resolutions' or are the ten resolutions in addition to what I already have set?

Basically, do I want Option 1: https://abload.de/img/option1skzqe.png
Or Option 2, which would allow for even higher resolutions as part of my 10 options? https://abload.de/img/option2duy9x.png

I'm on a 980ti, so 4k is plenty for modern games, but I'd love to run older stuff at something like 10k if possible. The readme just isn't all that clear regarding my questions.

MAJOR THANK YOU in advance. You DeadEndThrills guys are doing God's work.

Option 1 bud.
OtisInf
(01-07-2017, 11:03 AM)

PS: This game is like a really shitty version of Uncharted. As gorgeous as it is, I don't recommend it.

Just use SRWE. Run the game in windowed mode. Not sure why you piss all over this game, I found it a blast to play. Anyway, if you download the latest SRWE release which comes with profiles which go to 5K but you can add your own easily.

DSR resolutions have the downside that you have to go into the menu to switch when you want to take a shot (as playing ROTTR on 4K on that card will likely be a challenge for a proper framerate). With SRWE you don't have that: play at normal res, everything at max: setup the shot, alt-tab to SRWE, select the profile with massive res, alt-tab back into the game, take shot.

Pay attention to the 'smoothness' setting in Jim's tool: it's set to 33% by default. This gives blurry results (as the driver will smooth the downsampling with lame blurryness). Set it to something close to 0. However setting it to 0 gives the problem that a resolution that isn't a multiply of 2 of your monitor resolution will give harsh jaggies. So you have to play a bit.

For perfect timestop, use my hud toggle: https://mega.nz/#!kUQnzCQb!_0SGZcCfY...pgJwkpQnlYnPSw. Press ESC to open the menu, press caps-lock to hide the menu, then move the camera to where-ever you want :)

Originally Posted by Afro

breeze

This is a great shot.

Originally Posted by dcx4610

Please just 2 shots per post. See the rules in the OP. :)

Originally Posted by TheAdmiester

Mine is from a debug build of the game that allows me to render at any multiple of my screen res that the GPU can fit in memory.

A debug build of ROTTR? Please tell more how you achieved to get that.
OtisInf
(01-07-2017, 11:24 AM)

Went back to Reshade and ditched ENB. The DoF's are such a pain to setup and the results are in general rather terrible (blurry focus plane pixels). As an added bonus the extra performance made it possible to run the game again at 30+fps @ 4K DSR.
One3rd
(01-07-2017, 12:02 PM)

Afro
(01-07-2017, 01:54 PM)
I like that b&w graphic novel look. ^^

Originally Posted by OtisInf

This is a great shot.

Thanks.
TheAdmiester
(01-07-2017, 02:02 PM)

A debug build of ROTTR? Please tell more how you achieved to get that.

I'm talking about my Forza picture, not Tomb Raider. I've never played RotTR, either debug or retail.
Paragon
(01-07-2017, 03:45 PM)

Pay attention to the 'smoothness' setting in Jim's tool: it's set to 33% by default. This gives blurry results (as the driver will smooth the downsampling with lame blurryness). Set it to something close to 0. However setting it to 0 gives the problem that a resolution that isn't a multiply of 2 of your monitor resolution will give harsh jaggies. So you have to play a bit.

The smoothness filter is there to prevent aliasing when downsampling.
Removing it means that there is noticeable aliasing even when doing 16x downsampling from 8K to 1080p.
Even with the filter in place the image is not completely free of aliasing, but I'd never remove it.
I haven't run into any problems adjusting the smoothness slider with custom DSR resolutions enabled so long as that's the only DSR option you change.
pharaohglyph
(01-07-2017, 04:08 PM)
"Nothing to see here.."
Phyla
(01-07-2017, 04:11 PM)
The Division. Saddens me that it didn't even get honorable mentions in many of last year's lists. Game has some terrific atmosphere.

World of Warcraft

vitormg
(01-07-2017, 04:49 PM)
I love this thread. Thanks for all the effort, got some real pieces of art here.
R8TEDM3
(01-07-2017, 04:57 PM)

R8TEDM3
(01-07-2017, 04:58 PM)

Immortal_Daemon
(01-07-2017, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Alo81

Option 1 bud.

It works!

Black Mesa at 9600 x 5400 looks beautiful at 1fps.
The menu is so small it took me about 10 minutes to get it back to 1080p.

Time to fiddle with settings.
5olid_5nake
(01-07-2017, 06:34 PM)

How do you guys get the best possible sharpness when playing Batman AK?
When I turn on DSR up to 4k, it's (of course) better than "normal" 1080p, but it is still not even remotely close to what I have seen in this thread :/

I have turned off film grain, chromatic aberration and in-game AA solution but to no avail.
ctw0e
(01-07-2017, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by 5olid_5nake

When I turn on DSR up to 4k, it's (of course) better than "normal" 1080p, but it is still not even remotely close to what I have seen in this thread :/

I have turned off film grain, chromatic aberration and in-game AA solution but to no avail.

That's because different scalers are being used. The live scaling on your GPU is not as impressive looking as the scaler people use when they downsample their screenshots in Photoshop/GIMP with lanczos or similar.

So it's pretty much a bullshot by definition.
nOoblet16
(01-07-2017, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Nero's Neptune

No bullshot quality screens, just nice, 60FPS capable gameplay quality.

I'm finding myself more impressed with the game than I ever was, aside from maybe when it first launched. It's really a well-optimized engine. I get a near-perfect 60FPS, with drops to only about 50FPS. A slight annoyance, to be sure, but it's not a sudden drop. It feels like a gradual drop and raise so it never feels jerky.

It's kinda hard to believe it's already 4 years old.

If Crysis 3 used a PBR pipeline it would have easily been able to trade blows with the best looking games even today because its underlying tech is not out of date at all.
OtisInf
(01-07-2017, 09:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Paragon

The smoothness filter is there to prevent aliasing when downsampling.
Removing it means that there is noticeable aliasing even when doing 16x downsampling from 8K to 1080p.
Even with the filter in place the image is not completely free of aliasing, but I'd never remove it.

I have two DSR resolutions: one 1.5 * my monitor res and one 2 * my monitor res: the 2 * one gives a perfect alias free image, the 1.5* gives big aliasing indeed. But keeping 33% gave a muddy blurry image.

I haven't run into any problems adjusting the smoothness slider with custom DSR resolutions enabled so long as that's the only DSR option you change.

Aha! They now added a slider. That's great. I see it indeed in the nvidia panel. Never looked there, you can also easily add new resolutions by checking some checkboxes. Will try this out, thanks for the heads up!

(edit) have tried it, with a lower smoothness factor (20%), works great. Thanks for this, I tossed it out the window and played at 4K but the other resolutions added through the nvidia panel's DSR factors now work great too!
One3rd
(01-08-2017, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Afro

I like that b&w graphic novel look. ^^

Thanks! I've been reading a bit of the BLAME manga lately and wanted to see how close I could get to the same sort of look. I think it needs the lines to be a bit more defined as what can be done with the Outline shader (that uses depth buffer) but I didn't have much luck trying to port it over to Reshade v3.0.5.

R8TEDM3
(01-08-2017, 04:28 AM)

R8TEDM3
(01-08-2017, 04:30 AM)

Timu
(01-08-2017, 05:09 AM)

Originally Posted by R8TEDM3

Originally Posted by R8TEDM3

And this came out in 2015...

Star Wars Battlefront 2(2017) is going to look nuts!!!
diaspora
(01-08-2017, 05:42 AM)

diaspora
(01-08-2017, 05:44 AM)

The fucking atmosphere in this game is amazing.
DXMGT
Banned
(01-08-2017, 05:59 AM)

desmax
(01-08-2017, 06:10 AM)

desmax
(01-08-2017, 06:11 AM)

RedSwirl
(01-08-2017, 07:58 AM)
These 8k+ images are taking a long-ass time for my internet connection to display.
Coreda
(01-08-2017, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Phyla

Love the screen, except for the harsh CA. Is that the default value?