• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(09-15-2016, 06:40 PM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veritigo_X

That's the only way I'll accept Ward coming back and I sort of expect them to do this now that you mention it. Ward stays dead, actor can still be on the show. Lincoln stays dead, no one makes a LMD of him because who the fuck cares? Everyone is happy.

What would be the point? Everyone hates Ward, and no one would want a robot that thinks and acts like Ward. Maybe a Ward LMD inhabited by the pure energy form of Lincoln?
HeySeuss
Member
(09-15-2016, 06:40 PM)
HeySeuss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madridista

He is not an Inhuman.

Originally Posted by Mariolee

I suspect Ghost Rider's origins are similar if not identical to his comics origins.

Awesome thanks!
Affeinvasion
Member
(09-15-2016, 06:40 PM)
Affeinvasion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuu

Should be the only picture in the OP.

Originally Posted by Slayven

What would be the point? Everyone hates Ward, and no one would want a robot that thinks and acts like Ward. Maybe a Ward LMD inhabited by the pure energy form of Lincoln?

If we're talking ABRAHAM Lincoln, then yes; I'm on board.
BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 15 years is because they're too good
(09-15-2016, 06:42 PM)
BlackGhost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Affeinvasion

Should be the only picture in the OP.
.

Lol I support this
Veritigo_X
Member
(09-15-2016, 06:47 PM)
Veritigo_X's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slayven

What would be the point? Everyone hates Ward, and no one would want a robot that thinks and acts like Ward. Maybe a Ward LMD inhabited by the pure energy form of Lincoln?

It'd be 100% fan service. Could they like reprogram LMD Ward to be season 1 Ward without the whole double agent thing? I'm not sure how these things work.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(09-15-2016, 06:52 PM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veritigo_X

It'd be 100% fan service. Could they like reprogram LMD Ward to be season 1 Ward without the whole double agent thing? I'm not sure how these things work.

Season 1 ward was already a double agent.

Or you can go like Max Fury, a self aware LMD that hates the original

Veritigo_X
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:01 PM)
Veritigo_X's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slayven

Season 1 ward was already a double agent.

Or you can go like Max Fury, a self aware LMD that hates the original

I like this idea. I just hope they do something more interesting with LMDs other than "dead characters are back except they're robots!"
jph139
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:03 PM)
jph139's Avatar
Wow, this is starting next week? Damn that was fast.

It's gonna be weird watching Simmons on TV after seeing her in person.
Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(09-15-2016, 07:04 PM)
Fuu's Avatar
what if SquidWard uploaded himself to the internet before the ship blew up

I can already see an end of the episode twist with his face appearing on Fitz's computer
iosefe
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:04 PM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by jph139

Wow, this is starting next week? Damn that was fast.

It's gonna be weird watching Simmons on TV after seeing her in person.

:O
maxcriden
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:06 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar
If they get into LMD stuff, I wonder if we'll start to see some of the same superb and contemplative AI material we got from the same creative team in Dollhouse. (I mean this sincerely.)
Pachimari
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:12 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Wait, how do we know they are getting into LMD stuff, was it mentioned last season?
StarCreator
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:14 PM)
StarCreator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madridista

Wait, how do we know they are getting into LMD stuff, was it mentioned last season?

The stinger last season was John Hannah putting the finishing touches on one.
kurahador
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:29 PM)
kurahador's Avatar

Originally Posted by jph139

It's gonna be weird watching Simmons on TV after seeing her in person.

Explain.
jph139
Member
(09-15-2016, 07:39 PM)
jph139's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

Explain.

Ha ha, at a convention, not like on the street, and I waited in line to do so, nothing impressive. She was SUPER nice though, very friendly, chit-chatted a bit and signed my comic book.



But she's the only real celebrity I've ever met, so it was a bit surreal.
Pai Pai Master
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:09 PM)
Pai Pai Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madridista

Wait, how do we know they are getting into LMD stuff, was it mentioned last season?

Stinger from the season finale. Dr. Radcliffe created AIDA, the first life-model decoy.
Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(09-15-2016, 08:16 PM)
Fuu's Avatar
The LMD stuff:

Originally Posted by Fuu

- Doctor Radcliffe went through hearings regarding his involvement with Hive. His name has been cleared with "a few stipulations".




- Like others have said, LMD is Life Model Decoy, and the doctor's AI is called AIDA, Artificial Intelligence Data Analyser. Radcliffe mentions the LMD project is based on an old SHIELD program.

- While talking about Fitz and Simmons, Radcliffe says "Poor kids have had a lot of friends die. Maybe they didn't have to.". Most likely considering the use LMDs to "bring back" dead people.



- I saw some people thinking the LMD at the end could be Jocasta, but it's just AIDA gaining a physical body. When AIDA asks if they're celebrating the inclusion of Fitz in the project, the doctor looks at the LMD and says "No, Aida. Today... Today is your birthday."

Dalek
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:21 PM)
Dalek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Affeinvasion

Should be the only picture in the OP.

I agree
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:36 PM)
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device's Avatar
60+ posts and no one's posted the Simmons motorboating Skye gif?
Cuburt
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:39 PM)
Cuburt's Avatar
With how they left the last season a mystery who the new director was, I was hoping it was someone cool and special.

Would have been spectacular if they got Samuel L. Jackson to be director for one (and potentially the final) season of AoS.
Pachimari
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:41 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
I don't remember that LMD Aida stuff at all. I'll probably rewatch the last episode and the stinger before the premiere.
strafer
member
(09-15-2016, 08:44 PM)
strafer's Avatar
the wait is too strong

The Kree
Member
(09-15-2016, 08:45 PM)
The Kree's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veritigo_X

It'd be 100% fan service. Could they like reprogram LMD Ward to be season 1 Ward without the whole double agent thing? I'm not sure how these things work.

Resurrecting Grant Ward (again) wouldn't count as fan service. Just unimaginative fuckery. He should have died in the pilot.
Juneau Joe
Choose your own tag:
Master Yeats
OR
Marry Antoinette
(09-15-2016, 08:47 PM)
Juneau Joe's Avatar
thank mr skeltal

Also, that's a fantastic thread title.
JBourne
maybe tomorrow it rains
(09-15-2016, 08:49 PM)
JBourne's Avatar
I feel like my skull's on fire.
Veritigo_X
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:04 PM)
Veritigo_X's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Kree

Resurrecting Grant Ward (again) wouldn't count as fan service. Just unimaginative fuckery. He should have died in the pilot.

Have we been watching the same show?

Edit: Probably unclear here, unimaginative fuckery isn't exactly unheard of for this show.
Last edited by Veritigo_X; 09-15-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Dysun
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:09 PM)
Dysun's Avatar
Hope it can bring back the excitement level of Season 2
Geist-
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:11 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar
Hopefully Daisy is missing most of the season.
Khaz
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:12 PM)
Khaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Geist-

Hopefully Daisy is missing most of the season.

What is wrong with people?
Danthrax
Batteries the CRISIS!
(09-15-2016, 09:17 PM)
Danthrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ithil

Given the show already had moments of surprising violence for a network show, the timeslot move should produce interesting results.

That's what I'm sayin'. It's gonna get all Jessica Jones up in this ish.



Originally Posted by Geist-

Hopefully Daisy is missing most of the season.

Geist, you are my brother in Star Citizen

But on this, I must disown you.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(09-15-2016, 09:20 PM)
Malyse's Avatar

Originally Posted by Geist-

Hopefully Daisy is missing most of the season.

I hope you find your missing heart.
Geist-
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:27 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Khaz

What is wrong with people?

Originally Posted by Danthrax

Geist, you are my brother in Star Citizen

But on this, I must disown you.

Originally Posted by Malyse

I hope you find your missing heart.

Haha, just my opinion. Most of her character arcs seem to consist of

Daisy: "There's something I disagree with! I must do everything in my power to change that!"
Everyone else: "Wait Daisy, there's a reason/plan for that, be patient."
Daisy: "What's that? I can do whatever I want because Coulson has my back? Will do!"

I find it incredibly annoying.
The Kree
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:43 PM)
The Kree's Avatar

Originally Posted by Geist-

Haha, just my opinion. Most of her character arcs seem to consist of

Daisy: "There's something I disagree with! I must do everything in my power to change that!"
Everyone else: "Wait Daisy, there's a reason/plan for that, be patient."
Daisy: "What's that? I can do whatever I want because Coulson has my back? Will do!"

I find it incredibly annoying.

Yeah, her logic is usually a bit... shaky.

She often exhibits behavior that might be considered... volatile.

You could almost say she's... unstable.
Pachimari
Member
(09-15-2016, 09:50 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Talking about Quake, here's a new picture of her from Season 4:



On how others perceives her in Season 4:

It turns out Daisy has fashioned herself into something of a vigilante, and although her former friends believe she still wants to do good, the media and some members of the public now see her as a villain

Last edited by Pachimari; 09-15-2016 at 09:54 PM.
LegendofDragoonLives
Banned
(09-15-2016, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

what if SquidWard uploaded himself to the internet before the ship blew up

I can already see an end of the episode twist with his face appearing on Fitz's computer

I don't like SquidWard but like Ward. If he doesn't come back as himself, I don't care.
Platy
Member
(09-15-2016, 11:04 PM)
Platy's Avatar

Originally Posted by One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device

60+ posts and no one's posted the Simmons motorboating Skye gif?

...wut ?
inky
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:29 AM)
inky's Avatar
Ready to like the first 3 episodes, hate the next 16 and wonder why am I still watching this shit, then be impressed by the last 3 and warm up to it again.
Rumblebones
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:32 AM)
Rumblebones's Avatar
Excited.

Season 3 was a step down from season 2 but it was still good. I'm optimistic about season 4.
HeySeuss
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:33 AM)
HeySeuss's Avatar
This thread needs more Maye hate. I can provide this much needed service. She needs killed off because she's the weakest link on the show. I bet in the premier she's angry about something. Then she gets an attitude with Coulson. And I bet she hates the new director because reasons.
Seigyoku
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:55 AM)
Seigyoku's Avatar
As per tradition, my brother and I watch this a day late to complicate things. Also as per tradition, I will be out of town for the first episode.

\o/ I miss so many posts this way.
The Kree
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:56 AM)
The Kree's Avatar
I'd be OK with May dying. And Coulson and Fitz and Simmons.
PsychBat!
Member
(09-16-2016, 03:56 AM)
PsychBat!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by HeySeuss

This thread needs more Maye hate. I can provide this much needed service. She needs killed off because she's the weakest link on the show. I bet in the premier she's angry about something. Then she gets an attitude with Coulson. And I bet she hates the new director because reasons.

I hate May for different reasons. But I disagree that she needs to die.
lucebuce12
Member
(09-16-2016, 04:03 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
With a little development, May can easily be a more entertaining character.

But this "pissed at the world and angry at the director all the time" shit needs to end. Also, the writers aren't exactly helping her by dumping bad shit at her doorstep constantly.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(09-16-2016, 04:08 AM)
NotTheGuyYouKill's Avatar
I kinda stopped watching around episode 8 or 9 of season 3. Worth finishing or should I just start with 4
lucebuce12
Member
(09-16-2016, 04:10 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

I kinda stopped watching around episode 8 or 9 of season 3. Worth finishing or should I just start with 4

I think you should be OK if you start with 4. There aren't THAT many things that will crossover from season 3, and the show will probably catch you up just fine.
Dai101
Banned
(09-16-2016, 04:13 AM)
Dai101's Avatar
For once, a MAHVEL thread subtitle that doesn't suck!

Thanks Mr. Skeltal
PsychBat!
Member
(09-16-2016, 04:21 AM)
PsychBat!'s Avatar
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the last thread title. Last one made me die.
Volimar
Member
(09-16-2016, 04:29 AM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuu

The LMD stuff:

That was so disappointing. I was aching for it to be Jocasta...
Magwik
Member
(09-16-2016, 04:32 AM)
Magwik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Platy

...wut ?

Wut indeed

Thread Tools