• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chase17
(09-12-2015, 09:24 PM)
This seems like a good time to be active on this tread. It's certainly a good time to be a pokemon fan. I'm looking forward to Super Mystery Dungeon. Although I didn't really connect with gates to infinity, I really liked the explorers games.

I'm also pumped for Pokken and the mainline game next year.
Village
(09-12-2015, 09:31 PM)
i wwant pokken, sell me lucario alts
Chase17
(09-12-2015, 10:55 PM)
I wonder if there will be some sort of poke ball amiibo to celebrate the 20th anniversary a la the 8 bit mario amiibo. I would also be down for a Red amiibo. Or Gary Oak.
Icyflamez96
(09-13-2015, 01:51 AM)
Came across this really interesting post on reddit about Pokemon Go and Ingress https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...s_perspective/
Busaiku
(09-13-2015, 02:22 AM)
So is there gonna be an "Earth" section on Serebii, or is that gonna be too much of a headache.
Icyflamez96
(09-13-2015, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

So is there gonna be an "Earth" section on Serebii, or is that gonna be too much of a headache.

It'll probably happen.
Cindro
(09-13-2015, 03:39 AM)
This thread is so much better than the old one - let's get this party started!

PBalfredo
(09-13-2015, 04:10 AM)

Originally Posted by HawthorneKitty

Torkoal, what chu doin'?

The same thing Stunfisk's doing.
Chase17
(09-13-2015, 04:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Cindro

This thread is so much better than the old one - let's get this party started!

This gif certainly is something else. Anyways new thread hype!
PreyingShark
(09-13-2015, 06:23 AM)

Originally Posted by PBalfredo

The same thing Stunfisk's doing.

Wait, why are May's boobs so big?
dakkumauji
(09-13-2015, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by PreyingShark

Wait, why are May's boobs so big?

Red only has eyes on Dunsparce~
Busaiku
(09-13-2015, 06:40 AM)
What will happen first, Ash winning a league or catching a Dunsparce.
spiritfox
(09-13-2015, 06:42 AM)
What's a Dunsparce
Noivern
(09-13-2015, 07:26 AM)

Originally Posted by spiritfox

What's a Dunsparce

You only need to know that a Dunsparce ran away :)
JoeM86
(09-13-2015, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Yep, I have plans!

May have to crowdsource content in it but yeah, I'm going to be covering this with my usual level of detail
Noivern
(09-13-2015, 10:48 AM)

Originally Posted by JoeM86

Yep, I have plans!

May have to crowdsource content in it but yeah, I'm going to be covering this with my usual level of detail

Sounds like Joe working as usual :)

Looking forward to your take.
Hegarol
(09-13-2015, 11:04 AM)

Yep, I have plans!

Sounds good. And we really need that mobile version of serebii now that Go is on the way ;)
JoeM86
(09-13-2015, 11:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Hegarol

Sounds good. And we really need that mobile version of serebii now that Go is on the way ;)

Dungeon is taking my time, but I'm going to put an example of the mobile version up around the site's birthday to get feedback.

I'm also planning to help organise events for GO in the UK and US (where possible, considering I'm on a different continent this may be tricky).
Hegarol
(09-13-2015, 11:46 AM)

Dungeon is taking my time, but I'm going to put an example of the mobile version up around the site's birthday to get feedback.

If you need any help just tell me. :)
JoeM86
(09-13-2015, 11:51 AM)

If you need any help just tell me. :)

Thanks. May take you up on that.

Unfortunately, it's now just a matter of getting tables on certain pages to fit within a 320px wide browser.

I hate mobile, both mobile gaming and designing sites for mobile. Having to work to such low page width sizes is so antiquated. It's like using stone knives and bear skins.
Hegarol
(09-13-2015, 12:26 PM)

I hate mobile, both mobile gaming and designing sites for mobile. Having to work to such low page width sizes is so antiquated. It's like using stone knives and bear skins.

I know. But accessing the site with a phone is just a pain.

Most important thing is the pokedex. I don't see a necessity to convert every singe game page to a mobile view.
JoeM86
(09-13-2015, 12:29 PM)

I know. But accessing the site with a phone is just a pain.

Most important thing is the pokedex. I don't see a necessity to convert every singe game page to a mobile view.

Oh the Pokédex is done
Hegarol
(09-13-2015, 12:36 PM)

Oh the Pokédex is done

I need it!! Set it up for testing please ;)
ArchedThunder
Banned
(09-13-2015, 05:36 PM)
I hope we get Perfect Zygarde's Sugimori art soon, I don't like that he was revealed with anime art.
JoeM86
(09-13-2015, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by ArchedThunder

I hope we get Perfect Zygarde's Sugimori art soon, I don't like that he was revealed with anime art.

Hoping we'll get it tomorrow with a western announcement of the forms.

It's very unlikely they'd leave this Japan exclusive for now
Chase17
(09-14-2015, 02:08 AM)
It would be cool if you got Zygarde cell early in the game and he powers up alongside you during your journey. Also last call for the rayquaza event I believe.
Black-Wind
(09-14-2015, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Chase17

It would be cool if you got Zygarde cell early in the game and he powers up alongside you during your journey. Also last call for the rayquaza event I believe.

Shiny rayquaza ...

I only recently got OR and the first thing I did was get rayquaza. It was funny seeing that beautiful beast in the end credits recap of my early battles lol
Watch Da Birdie
I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
(09-14-2015, 05:25 AM)
I'm usually not *that guy*, but the trajectory of the series lately both scares and excites me...

But for awhile I thought the idea of a Legendary that "evolved" would be a neat concept, and glad to see Game Freak going through with it. I was just sort of hoping it'd be a bit more natural and not as, errr, weird as Worm -> Dog -> Snake -> Mecha.
Muku
(09-14-2015, 05:30 AM)
Hey Joe, glad to hear about the Pokemon Go thing you'll be working on. Will definately be a lot of work. Crowdsourcing may your best bet. Kind of wish I was still in Japan for it, but I think where I am now will be good. Looking forward to Go as well and your coverage on it.
JoeM86
(09-14-2015, 10:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Watch Da Birdie

I'm usually not *that guy*, but the trajectory of the series lately both scares and excites me...

But for awhile I thought the idea of a Legendary that "evolved" would be a neat concept, and glad to see Game Freak going through with it. I was just sort of hoping it'd be a bit more natural and not as, errr, weird as Worm -> Dog -> Snake -> Mecha.

It's not quite evolution though.
zedreamcast
(09-14-2015, 10:20 AM)
So I havent touched my copy of Omega Ruby in months after I gave up trying to git gud at pro pokemon battles, have I missed anything important in terms of special events?
Noivern
(09-14-2015, 10:33 AM)

Then again weird form changes are par for the course for things like it :)
Seil
(09-14-2015, 10:34 AM)

Originally Posted by zedreamcast

So I havent touched my copy of Omega Ruby in months after I gave up trying to git gud at pro pokemon battles, have I missed anything important in terms of special events?

There was a shiny Rayquaza mystery gift for NA which I think has ended in the past 24 hours, might be worth trying though? Also there was an ORAS Diancie event in July but not sure where that lies in your timeframe. Nor am I sure where you're from so =p
zedreamcast
(09-14-2015, 10:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Seil

There was a shiny Rayquaza mystery gift for NA which I think has ended in the past 24 hours, might be worth trying though? Also there was an ORAS Diancie event in July but not sure where that lies in your timeframe. Nor am I sure where you're from so =p

Im from the US and I forget the last time I loaded up my file, but Im pretty sure I missed it.
Brawly Likes to Brawl
(09-14-2015, 02:47 PM)

Each of Zygarde's forms are based off of an entity from Norse mythology, particularly ones related to Loki.

10% - Garmr
50% - Jourmagandr
100% - I wanna the frost giant Loki married due to it's size, but it might be Hel
JoeM86
(09-14-2015, 02:49 PM)
The new Dungeon game has 120 dungeons in it.

FML
Hegarol
(09-14-2015, 02:57 PM)

FML

My consolences regarding the coverage oO
Xenoboy
(09-14-2015, 02:58 PM)

FML

Game of the year right there. I'm so jealous of you and you don't even like the PMD games :P
JoeM86
(09-14-2015, 03:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Xenoboy

Game of the year right there. I'm so jealous of you and you don't even like the PMD games :P

It's not I don't like them, it's that I can't stand them :p
Chase17
(09-14-2015, 03:27 PM)

FML

How many dungeons were in the past games? Not even close to that right.
JoeM86
(09-14-2015, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Chase17

How many dungeons were in the past games? Not even close to that right.

~40 in the originals
~90 in Explorers
45 in WiiWare
52 in Gates to Infinity (not counting the random Magnagate ones or DLC)
Chase17
(09-14-2015, 03:35 PM)

~40 in the originals
~90 in Explorers
45 in WiiWare
52 in Gates to Infinity (not counting the random Magnagate ones)

Wow more than double gates to infinity. This game seems like its going to be huge. Good luck!
ArchedThunder
Banned
(09-14-2015, 05:27 PM)

FML

This makes me happy. Not your pain, but the number of dungeons.
Also your pain, but only a little bit
SkullHydra
(09-14-2015, 05:55 PM)
In for another Community thread!

Apparently I missed the Coro-Coro leak thread, and Boss Doggie had a meltdown?! Shoot.

And I'm super hyped for Mystery Dungeon! (Sorry Joe)
Avixph
(09-14-2015, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by SkullHydra

In for another Community thread!

Apparently I missed the Coro-Coro leak thread, and Boss Doggie had a meltdown?! Shoot.

And I'm super hyped for Mystery Dungeon! (Sorry Joe)

For real?
ArchedThunder
Banned
(09-14-2015, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Avixph

For real?

He told someone to fuck off because they didn't like the Pokemon anime.
dakkumauji
(09-14-2015, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by ArchedThunder

He told someone to fuck off because they didn't like the Pokemon anime.

while I wouldn't have used the same language, I did agree with him ~_~

usual, hasn't watched the anime in forever but pretends to have junk
Mr-Joker
Banned
(09-14-2015, 11:25 PM)
Wild thread appeared.

Anyway I got super excited when I saw Zygarde new forms and while I suspected that it would have more than one I didn't expect it to have more than two.

I am starting to suspect that perfect Zygarde isn't a mega.

Originally Posted by Brawly Likes to Brawl

Each of Zygarde's forms are based off of an entity from Norse mythology, particularly ones related to Loki.

10% - Garmr
50% - Jourmagandr
100% - I wanna the frost giant Loki married due to it's size, but it might be Hel

So that might explain why Kalos had so few Legendaries Pokémon. Game Freak gave them to Zygarde.

Originally Posted by dakkumauji

while I wouldn't have used the same language, I did agree with him ~_~

usual, hasn't watched the anime in forever but pretends to have junk

While I will admit it gets annoying having ignorant posters taking a dig at something that they don't have any interest in but still pretend that they do while glorifying their nostalgia memories, it just better to ignore them or at best keep a cool head when responding to them.

Personally I just do what Pikachu does.
MissDeviling
(09-15-2015, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by UltimateIke

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=52486865

Pixiv artists doing God's work as usual.