• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

matrix-cat
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:04 AM)
matrix-cat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oriel

Sooo......there's a pissing minigame now in Kiwami 2?

Can you imagine the monstrous stream that the Dragon of Dojima is capable of? He could carve his name into the porcelain.
ThePliskin
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:57 PM)
ThePliskin's Avatar
Beautiful OT. I started with 0 and last week I finished Kiwami. Loved them both but 0 still better to me. Can't wait to get a chance to play the rest of the series before 6 comes out. Sadly I no longer have PS3 (Thanks to TLoU) but I hope there will be a remake for the rest.
TheNamelessOne
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:10 PM)
TheNamelessOne's Avatar
Found a cute little bug in Kiwami.

lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:15 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
That's hilarious lol.

Reminds me of the time I encountered a funny little bug in Y0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwN2lXQDlA
Shadowman16
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

That's hilarious lol.

Reminds me of the time I encountered a funny little bug in Y0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwN2lXQDlA

That's not a bug, true story - Kiryu uppercuts the final boss of Yakuza 6 off of planet earth itself, destroying the moon in the process (at least how that's how I wanted the game to end!)

Seriously though, that's an awesome bug!
lucebuce12
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:38 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Kiryu uppercuts the final boss of Yakuza 6 off of planet earth itself, destroying the moon in the process

Still better than Yakuza 5's ending.
ComradeZero
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 08:21 PM)
ComradeZero's Avatar
Bought Yakuza Kiwami today. First Yakuza game. Here's hoping for a good time.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Still better than Yakuza 5's ending.

Eh, I loved 5's ending. End boss? Not so much. Funnily enough that's not the only game in the series I feel that way!
Gacha-pin
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:59 PM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNamelessOne

Found a cute little bug in Kiwami.

Nani oO She's doing kiryu's special move. You found another Komaki stlye specialist!
Big One
Member
(10-08-2017, 11:41 AM)
Big One's Avatar
Yakuza 4 is pretty dope so far. Akiyama and Saejima's sections were pretty great (though for different reasons). Akityama's for the gameplay and just being able to play as a non-Yakuza for once was refreshing, and Saejima's for the story.

Really liked Hamazaki's sacrifice, Saejima's speech about killing people at the deathmatch, and Saejima and Majima's reuninon at the batting cages. There's some really genuinely great emotional moments in his section on the level of stuff in Yakuza 0 and 2. Gameplay wise he isn't as fun to play as Akiyama, Majima, or Kiryu but he does have some cool tricks like being able to extend his charge attacks as well as some of his exclusive heat actions are pretty great. I also love how you're able to train students to fight in a dojo as well. I'm also how surprised how spoiler free Yakuza 0's mention of Saejima was (I was kind of thinking him killing all of those people was some type of big reveal in Yakuza 4 but nope it happens as soon as he's introduced), despite being so important for Majima's desire to join the Yakuza again in the game.

Akiyama is just an awesome character. Love him and Hana's relationship as well as his whole business mentality. I was also surprised how smoothly he fits into the canon with his entire existence being based on what happens at the end of Yakuza 1. I was wondering if somebody was gonna make good use of that money, lol. I wasn't as interested in his story so far but I greatly enjoyed all the new characters they introduced.
Last edited by Big One; 10-08-2017 at 11:45 AM.
cj_iwakura
Member
(10-08-2017, 03:10 PM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Eh, I loved 5's ending. End boss? Not so much. Funnily enough that's not the only game in the series I feel that way!

Its anti-climactic and resolves nothing. 4's was amazing and could have ended the series (arguably should have).
The Bankslammer
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:08 PM)
The Bankslammer's Avatar
5's ending (literally last scenes of the game, everything else is nonsense) is so good. It's a culmination of 5 games' worth of Kiryu trying to distance Haruka from him out of belief that this is the way to protect her. It's immensely satisfying having Haruka, in a very rare moment of agency, announce that there's no happy ending for her that doesn't involve living with Kiryu, as she goes to save him from yet another case of his foolish bravado.

anyways i'm very apprehensive about how 6 will follow up on that, to say the least
Shadowman16
Member
(10-08-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by The Bankslammer

5's ending (literally last scenes of the game, everything else is nonsense) is so good. It's a culmination of 5 games' worth of Kiryu trying to distance Haruka from him out of belief that this is the way to protect her. It's immensely satisfying having Haruka, in a very rare moment of agency, announce that there's no happy ending for her that doesn't involve living with Kiryu, as she goes to save him from yet another case of his foolish bravado.

anyways i'm very apprehensive about how 6 will follow up on that, to say the least

Yeah, exactly. Though 6's ending is interesting in the sense that (spoilers for 6's ending obviously)

Kiryu basically does the same thing he did at the beginning of 5 - leaving Haruka so that she won't get caught up in his Yakuza life. Hopefully Kiryu's better at hiding this time round as he was pretty bad at it in 5. When you have Yuya tracking you down you know you suck at hiding!

Then again, I think its only a matter of time before they have Kiryu pop back up (if only briefly) in the series. The fact that the studio loves using his VA at every opportunity makes me think his epic "rise from the dead" is only a matter of time.
.
matrix-cat
Member
(10-09-2017, 02:08 PM)
matrix-cat's Avatar
I was planning on finishing 6 today, but it turns out I have a little bit more to go, and I got sidetracked trying to finish off all the Sub Stories anyway. I didn't realise quite how few there are until it became clear that basically all the side activities in this game count as Sub Stories to pad out the numbers. 52 doesn't sound lacking until you realise that about 20 of them are Baseball Manager games, speargun diving, Snack Bar stuff, Cabaret Club horndoggery and fighting those two dudes over and over.

But what few there are were really excellent, so it's hard to be too upset. Some of the Trouble Missions feel a little bit like mini Sub Stories, too.

Right now I'm working my way through Baseball Management, which I still find a little bit inscrutable, but I guess you just need to level up your guys and keep at it. Games go by quickly enough on Fast-Forward that it's fairly painless to just keep plugging away. I wish I could stop choking every time it's my chance to bat manually, though :P

EDIT - Yeah, no I take it back, Baseball Management is the worst.
Last edited by matrix-cat; 10-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-09-2017, 02:29 PM)
I tended to replay each Baseball match a couple of times and level up select characters who were clearly my star players. Also make sure you recruit a few of them in both Hiroshima and Kamuracho when you have the chance. It starts out kinda tough, but once I got into the swing of things I don't remember losing any matches until the last one or two. Loved it personally, but that's just me!
MechaX
Member
(10-09-2017, 05:53 PM)
MechaX's Avatar
So after finishing 0 and Kiwami back to back, I have secured copies of 2, 3, and 4.

I know there is the danger of fatigue, but to be honest, I think I am going to strike while the iron's hot and get through the series before 6 hits.
davidwhangchoi
Member
(10-09-2017, 06:04 PM)
davidwhangchoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by MechaX

So after finishing 0 and Kiwami back to back, I have secured copies of 2, 3, and 4.

I know there is the danger of fatigue, but to be honest, I think I am going to strike while the iron's hot and get through the series before 6 hits.

just take a break by playing Dead Souls when fatigue sets in. that's a nice change of pace.
matrixman92
Member
(10-09-2017, 06:28 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar
fatigue has set in immensely for 5. Really not enjoying it, its honestly probably one of my least favorite games of the series so far, with only dead souls under it. Im at the point where I cant wait for it to be over. Just feels like busy work at this point. Im in Shinadas part on chapter 2. My play time is 224 hours, 17 minutes, 10 seconds. But subtract a lot of that for times I got so bored that I just put the controller down and started doing something else

also doesnt help that im going for platinum. Still another playthrough after this one.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-09-2017, 06:34 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
224 hours.

I can't think of a single player game where I wouldn't get fatigue if I played for that long, even if it's a game with as much "variety" as Yakuza 5.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-09-2017, 07:07 PM)
Ok. How the heck did you clock up 224 hours and only be at Shinada's part? I hit the 100% mark at 140 hours on the dot! Not sure what you've done for the extra 100 hours! I love 5 but I'd probably go nuts if I spent that long on it as well.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-09-2017, 07:36 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
matrixman92
Member
(10-09-2017, 08:29 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Ok. How the heck did you clock up 224 hours and only be at Shinada's part? I hit the 100% mark at 140 hours on the dot! Not sure what you've done for the extra 100 hours! I love 5 but I'd probably go nuts if I spent that long on it as well.

idk. I really dont know how people can do this so much faster. On playstationtrophies they have the platinum estimated at 140 hours total. This shit takes forever, especially going around and getting all the food and drinks from every place. I just wrapped up all the food possible here and am at 74.51% completion rate. I still have to fishing, a few gambling games(waiting for cheat items), the batting stuff, driving range, then obviously everything u cant do till the final part.

oh and I forgot about weapons and heat moves, not even close to having those done. I tried weapons earlier and didnt even have close to enough money for some of the stuff
Son Of Sparda
Member
(10-09-2017, 08:56 PM)
Son Of Sparda's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNamelessOne

Found a cute little bug in Kiwami.

Originally Posted by Gacha-pin

Nani oO She's doing kiryu's special move. You found another Komaki stlye specialist!

Lmao
Shadowman16
Member
(10-09-2017, 08:57 PM)

Originally Posted by matrixman92

idk. I really dont know how people can do this so much faster. On playstationtrophies they have the platinum estimated at 140 hours total. This shit takes forever, especially going around and getting all the food and drinks from every place. I just wrapped up all the food possible here and am at 74.51% completion rate. I still have to fishing, a few gambling games(waiting for cheat items), the batting stuff, driving range, then obviously everything u cant do till the final part.

oh and I forgot about weapons and heat moves, not even close to having those done. I tried weapons earlier and didnt even have close to enough money for some of the stuff

Get money from gambling. So yeah, do that one later for sure. Might be a silly question - but you do know you can order several pieces of food in one go in shops?

Maybe its because I've played the series so many times through that I know the games back to front completion wise. I knew most of the heat moves off the top of my head so just ticked those off as I went as with most of the mini games. Only stuff I can really remember taking ages on was the hunting side of things, thanks to the 100 menus you have to jump through to do anything. Though I was lucky that the gold deer spawned super quick for me so I didn't need to waste too much time looking for it.

The weapon modding though... I don't remember how that went, in that I remember doing them all but I don't remember it feeling like a long grind? Unlike Ishin's which is still fresh in my mind.

Oh, and not to pile on the bad news, but the one other point where time stands still in 5 is the fighting arena in the final chapter. You'll have to do that 4 times, and Shinada and Akiyama are not built for it. Its about as fun as it sounds :(
IrishNinja
(10-09-2017, 10:46 PM)
IrishNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

224 hours.

I can't think of a single player game where I wouldn't get fatigue if I played for that long, even if it's a game with as much "variety" as Yakuza 5.

phewwwwww
so i imagine you platted the game, yeah?
Chesskid1
Member
(10-09-2017, 11:46 PM)
Chesskid1's Avatar
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/08/in...ion-rendering/

rpcs3 (ps3 emulator) added high resolution options and they posted yakuza 4 4k screens

https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-a.png
https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-b.png


i'm still playing it at the moment, just got to the 3rd character. i hope we see them in yakuza 5, i like all of them.

going to take a month or two off before starting dead souls and 5 though, need a little break. i have to push to finish yakuza 4, while i find it good and enjoyable, everytime i get a new character i have to explore everything and do stuff, familiarize myself with them, etc , which makes it drag even longer.
Last edited by Chesskid1; 10-09-2017 at 11:59 PM.
arbok26
Member
(10-10-2017, 01:36 AM)
arbok26's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chesskid1

https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/08/in...ion-rendering/

rpcs3 (ps3 emulator) added high resolution options and they posted yakuza 4 4k screens

https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-a.png
https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-b.png


i'm still playing it at the moment, just got to the 3rd character. i hope we see them in yakuza 5, i like all of them.

going to take a month or two off before starting dead souls and 5 though, need a little break. i have to push to finish yakuza 4, while i find it good and enjoyable, everytime i get a new character i have to explore everything and do stuff, familiarize myself with them, etc , which makes it drag even longer.

Oh man I havenít played dead souls yet and I regret getting the digital copy now!

Looks awesome!
davidwhangchoi
Member
(10-10-2017, 01:52 AM)
davidwhangchoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chesskid1

https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/08/in...ion-rendering/

rpcs3 (ps3 emulator) added high resolution options and they posted yakuza 4 4k screens

https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-a.png
https://rpcs3.net/blog/wp-content/up...yakuza4k-b.png


i'm still playing it at the moment, just got to the 3rd character. i hope we see them in yakuza 5, i like all of them.

going to take a month or two off before starting dead souls and 5 though, need a little break. i have to push to finish yakuza 4, while i find it good and enjoyable, everytime i get a new character i have to explore everything and do stuff, familiarize myself with them, etc , which makes it drag even longer.

who needs ps4 remasters, damn
Big One
Member
(10-10-2017, 02:08 AM)
Big One's Avatar
I'm really loving 4 a lot so far. So many great character moments.
matrixman92
Member
(10-10-2017, 03:29 AM)
matrixman92's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Get money from gambling. So yeah, do that one later for sure. Might be a silly question - but you do know you can order several pieces of food in one go in shops?
Oh, and not to pile on the bad news, but the one other point where time stands still in 5 is the fighting arena in the final chapter. You'll have to do that 4 times, and Shinada and Akiyama are not built for it. Its about as fun as it sounds :(

yeah, i knew that about the food. But still, it takes a super long time, especially alcohol. You have to take the legendary drinker stuff to become sober after like every drink and you can only do one at a time. And then with food, you have to keep using the drink that hurts you, forgetting the name at the moment. That along with some of the fishing ive done and some of the gambling ive done were the most time consuming things. I havent really had much trouble with any of the other mini games, SO much easier than mini game master in 3. Just a really monotonous game for me. Oh boy, the rest sounds fun....:/

I know the common sense thing would just be to stop if im not having fun. But damn it, ive platinumed 3,4, and dead souls and cant stop now lol
Shadowman16
Member
(10-10-2017, 08:03 AM)

Originally Posted by davidwhangchoi

who needs ps4 remasters, damn

Me, because my PC GFX card is dead and I don't see any need to replace it while I'm still glued to my PS4! The emu will rock in a few years time once it hits the standards of the Wii//GC emu Dolphin. Getting the games running in true HD will be glorious.

Originally Posted by matrixman92

yeah, i knew that about the food. But still, it takes a super long time, especially alcohol. You have to take the legendary drinker stuff to become sober after like every drink and you can only do one at a time. And then with food, you have to keep using the drink that hurts you, forgetting the name at the moment. That along with some of the fishing ive done and some of the gambling ive done were the most time consuming things. I havent really had much trouble with any of the other mini games, SO much easier than mini game master in 3. Just a really monotonous game for me. Oh boy, the rest sounds fun....:/

I know the common sense thing would just be to stop if im not having fun. But damn it, ive platinumed 3,4, and dead souls and cant stop now lol

You should really be drinking the legendary sober item when you get completely drunk and the barman turns you away. Much less frustrating than doing it 1 drink and 1 sober item.

Though I made sure to always mix things up when playing, rather than sit on one side activity etc. all at once, else I can totally see how you could burn yourself out on it. I'd do a few side stories or activities then hit up the main story. Then I left the rest for premium adventure mode.
Yu Narukami
Member
(10-10-2017, 08:56 AM)
Yu Narukami's Avatar
How long is a Y5 playthrough doing only story missions?
Gacha-pin
Member
(10-10-2017, 09:19 AM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar
You should ignore the main story but do all the side missions. The side content is too good to skip.
robotrock
Member
(10-10-2017, 09:20 AM)
robotrock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yu Narukami

How long is a Y5 playthrough doing only story missions?

I did this in about 35 hours. I think. I may have spent 8 or so hours on something that might have been optional.
matrix-cat
Member
(10-10-2017, 01:17 PM)
matrix-cat's Avatar
I'm just starting the final big showdown of Yakuza 6, and this cutscene is getting me SO HYPED!

Kiryu and his whole team of badass, battle-hardened, black tie, motherfucking Gs power walking up the street towards Millennium Tower. I love this series so much.
Gacha-pin
Member
(10-10-2017, 01:22 PM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar

Originally Posted by matrix-cat

I'm just starting the final big showdown of Yakuza 6, and this cutscene is getting me SO HYPED!

Kiryu and his whole team of badass, battle-hardened, black tie, motherfucking Gs power walking up the street towards Millennium Tower. I love this series so much.

Don't open this until you finish the game.

Technically, that's not the final showdown ;p

edit
some new HgG info (explanation of the beginning of the story)
http://www.4gamer.net/games/392/G039268/20171006136/

I think these are the new pics






Last edited by Gacha-pin; 10-11-2017 at 11:12 AM.
matrix-cat
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:04 PM)
matrix-cat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gacha-pin

Don't open this until you finish the game.

Technically, that's not the final showdown ;p

This game has too many ending fakeouts. It even gives you the "Are you sure you don't want to finish anything off? This is your last chance..." message like five different times :P

Yeah, so that's Yakuza 6 finished. Took me about 40 hours, dipping my toe into everything the game had to offer but not getting anywhere near 100%. I won't go into heavy spoilers, because the English release is still months away and I don't want anyone accidentally clicking a spoiler tag and have anything ruined, so this is just my general thoughts (probably still best to avoid reading if you want to go in fresh, though):

I was really into the story for the first two thirds, I'd say, but at a certain point it just goes way too far with the plot twists and conspiracies and I just lost the emotional connection. Too many cooks in the kitchen. For all the talk about 'the secret of Onomichi', that reveal ended up being one of the most hilarious, stupid, kind of awesome but utterly ridiculous things I've ever seen in a video game. Why did the game billed as 'Kazuma Kiryu's final chapter' need that? I still kind of feel like I might have dreamed it :P

The writing has a real problem with keeping track of all the characters (some of them just disappear for huge chunks of the game, then pop back up like "Hey, remember me?"), and there's no solid villain until the final couple of hours. Between the Tojo Clan, Chinese Mafia, the Hiroshima Yakuza and a couple more bad guy groups I won't spoil, it's like they tried to fit a 4/5 style multi-character story into a single character game or something; there's just too much to keep track of, too many plates for the writers to keep spinning. I guess you don't necessarily need a perfect foil like Ryuji for every game, but... well, it certainly doesn't hurt. Yakuza 6 has a lot of bad guys, but nobody really sticks out as being a badder guy than the rest, and none of them are especially memorable. The good guys are wonderful, though. The whole Hiroshima crew are probably my favourite bros in the series (sorry Rikiya).

I didn't love the ending. I think the scenes were well-executed, but I don't really like the concept. It just doesn't feel like the right choice to me.


So, anyway, long story short, you guys should all be super hyped because it's an awesome Yakuza game. It's got a few problems, but, well, they all do, and I still love'em.
Last edited by matrix-cat; 10-10-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:38 PM)
That sums up my opinion perfectly. Its got a few issues in places both in the story, glad I wasn't the only one that felt the twist was just crazy/silly/funny , and with the Kamuracho map but I must have still spent a good 100+ hours playing the heck out of the game. Can't wait to replay it in English either.
Weiss
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:39 PM)
Weiss's Avatar
Alright, time to start Kiwami.

Maybe Kiryu will commit an actual crime in this one.
Last edited by Weiss; 10-10-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-10-2017, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Gacha-pin

Don't open this until you finish the game.

Technically, that's not the final showdown ;p

edit
some new HgG info (explanation of the beginning of the story)
http://www.4gamer.net/games/392/G039268/20171006136/

I think these are the new pics

Those definitely look new to me. Loving the look of a couple of those Raoh pics. Really looking forward to seeing another story trailer for this one, hopefully focusing more on some of the rivalries between these characters, as from the ones revealed so far I'm envisioning quite a few epic moments in boss battles.
eyeball_kid
Member
(10-11-2017, 05:38 AM)
eyeball_kid's Avatar
😢

Originally Posted by The Economist

Gacha-pin
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:13 AM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Those definitely look new to me. Loving the look of a couple of those Raoh pics. Really looking forward to seeing another story trailer for this one, hopefully focusing more on some of the rivalries between these characters, as from the ones revealed so far I'm envisioning quite a few epic moments in boss battles.

Only the last one is Raho. The third one is Souther.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Gacha-pin

Only the last one is Raho. The third one is Souther.

I stand corrected. I really should read/watch some FOTNS before this is released to get some more insight into the characters!

Also, any word on how much Shin is being used in this? I get the feeling that he's taken care of in the intro of the game going by what has been shown so far - which pushes Kenshiro to head to Eden. Hoping we either get a flashback chapter or tutorial/beginning level that has you face off against him.
cj_iwakura
Member
(10-11-2017, 12:25 PM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by eyeball_kid

😢

Well, guns are illegal there, what do you expect? Also, I'm told the yakuza basically keep crime, well, organized, so petty thuggery doesn't exist.
Tizoc
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:35 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
The voice of Kenshiro speaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7HTZedzXfg
Gacha-pin
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:49 PM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

I stand corrected. I really should read/watch some FOTNS before this is released to get some more insight into the characters!

Also, any word on how much Shin is being used in this? I get the feeling that he's taken care of in the intro of the game going by what has been shown so far - which pushes Kenshiro to head to Eden. Hoping we either get a flashback chapter or tutorial/beginning level that has you face off against him.

Only the intro of the story is the sama as the orignial and other than that,it sounds like HgG is a spin-off of Hokuto no Ken like Kenzan or Ishin. You don't have to know the original to enjoy the game.

As for Shin, I guess he will appear in the intro only. There is a funny story for Shin, At the TGS stage event, when Nakaya, the VA of Nishiki was introduced as Shin in HgG, Kiryu & Majima's VAs teased him saying the charcters you play always die lol. Hopefully, Ichiban will last long :)
Last edited by Gacha-pin; 10-11-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Shadowman16
Member
(10-11-2017, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Gacha-pin

Only the intro of the story is the sama as the orignial and other than that,it sounds like HgG is a spin-off of Hokuto no Ken like Kenzan or Ishin. You don't have to know the original to enjoy the game.

As for Shin, I guess he will appear in the intro only. There is a funny story for Shin, At the TGS stage event, when Nakaya, the VA of Nishiki was introduced as Shin in HgG, Kiryu & Majima's VAs teased him saying the charcters you play always die lol. Hopefully, Ichiban will last long :)

Good stuff :) Thanks for the info.

I also hope Ichiban lasts for a few games at least. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with him.
Sallokin
Member
(10-11-2017, 02:20 PM)
Sallokin's Avatar

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

Well, guns are illegal there, what do you expect? Also, I'm told the yakuza basically keep crime, well, organized, so petty thuggery doesn't exist.

You can own hunting rifles and shotguns. There is required recurring training, recurring psych evals, and specific storage requirements (among other things), but it's possible.

Whoever is telling you that either watches too much anime or is wildly uninformed. If they live here then they are outright lying to you. I'll vouch for how awesomely safe it is, but to say petty thuggery or whatever you want to call it doesn't exist, and to then attribute that to that Yakuza of all things is ignorant to the point of being dangerous.
Weiss
Member
(10-11-2017, 05:31 PM)
Weiss's Avatar
Okay how do I do the Kiwami attacks? Enemies keep regenerating health.
lucebuce12
Member
(10-11-2017, 05:41 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weiss

Okay how do I do the Kiwami attacks? Enemies keep regenerating health.

You gotta first unlock the Kiwami attacks. They're unlocked at the beginning of the game but then you have to unlock them.

When unlocked, you simply activate the appropriate matching style (Dragon of Dojima for White, Brawler for Blue, Rush for Pink and Beast for Yellow) and then press triangle when you're next to them and have heat.

Alternatively, just use any weapon's heat move. They work regardless of style or whether you've unlocked Kiwami attacks.

Thread Tools